Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2022, 17:26   #706
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I have driven the car for ~6500 KMS till now, in about 80 days. Overall fuel economy has been between 10.5-11 KM/L.
Which fuel stations in Ahmedabad are selling XP95 fuel? Any recommendations? I've booked Kodiaq last week with Stellar Skoda in Lava blue colour. The long wait for delivery has started. They're not committing on delivery timelines though said Q1 2023 as ballpark range.

There might be a window of early delivery if anyone in the queue cancels their booking but that too seems remote.
Old 31st August 2022, 21:00   #707
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMachine View Post
Which fuel stations in Ahmedabad are selling XP95 fuel?
From my personal experience of identifying XP95 bunks enroute on the BLR - GOI - BLR route, get onto the IOCL app or site and search for COCO or well-located private ones.

Additionally, call a few of the bunks and ask for the Territory Manager coordinates. He/she will update you exactly which bunks carry current stocks
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 22:10   #708
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMachine View Post
Which fuel stations in Ahmedabad are selling XP95 fuel? Any recommendations? I've booked Kodiaq last week
Just check the Indian oil app, it shows the nearest pumps and the fuels they carry.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 11:58   #709
BHPian

Guys please help me out. In a big Dilemma. I have booked the Kodiaq Sportline for the 2023 delivery. But now confused if I should consider the X1, Volvo XC40 or the Audi Q3 as well. Anyone else done a comparison of these cars with the Kodiaq and came to a conclusion, please do help me out.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st September 2022 at 13:13. Reason: Minor typo.
Old 1st September 2022, 12:32   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinjoseph View Post
Guys please help me out. In a big Dilemma. I have booked the Kodiaq Sportline for the 2023 delivery. But now confused if I should consider the X1, Volvo XC40 or the Audi Q3 as well. Anyone else done a comparison of these cars with the Kodiaq and came to a conclusion, please do help me out.

Thanks in Advance.
Since you have booked Kodiaq already, wondering if there is anything that you found in the other 3 options that you will miss in the Kodiaq?

To me, except the brand and the value it brings, I don't see a strong reason to go for X1, Q3 or XC40 over the Kodia, I would look for X3 as a good alternative to Kodiaq.

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st September 2022 at 13:15. Reason: Typo in quoted text.
shahbaz63 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 13:06   #711
BHPian

Quote:
I'm other side of spectrum. I'm moving from X1 to Kodiaq. It totally depends on what you want from car. X1 can't match feature list from Kodiaq plus the space it offers. Seating comfort is way better in Kodiaq. I haven't driven Kodiaq so will reserve my comments but reviews are encouraging. What X1 offers you is excellent engine + gearbox options, snob value of German brand and reliability. I'm happy with my X1. Overall Kodiaq might offer you more value for bucks compared to X1 which seriously needs complete makeover. Again, not an easy choice. I would suggest you drive all of them and then make a decision unless you want to take plunge like me.

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st September 2022 at 13:15. Reason: Typo in quoted text.
LeoMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 13:18   #712
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have booked the Kodiaq Sportline for the 2023 delivery. But now confused if I should consider the X1, Volvo XC40 or the Audi Q3 as well.
Quote:
Is there a better comfort in the other 3 options compared to the Kodiaq?
I think to get tailored and relevant advice specific to you, it would be helpful if you could elaborate a bit on your use case. Driver driven vs self driven; number of passengers; kind of usage; personal priorities / preferences etc.
Old 1st September 2022, 13:25   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I think to get tailored and relevant advice specific to you, it would be helpful if you could elaborate a bit on your use case. Driver driven vs self driven; number of passengers; kind of usage; personal priorities / preferences etc.
As a self drive car. About 15 to 20 kms daily to office and back. Only self driven. Hate letting anyone else drive when im in the car. So has to be a good machine to drive. Plus useful when doing out of station drives in terms of luggage space and comfort. My current daily is a creta. So can use it rough when driving on our brilliant Bangalore roads . So the replacement for the Creta should also be able to compete with our roads.

I own a VRS also. Which is purely for driving pleasure and to bring a smile on my face when behind the wheel of that. So the question I have in mind is, will it be the same offering if I go for another Skoda car with the Kodiaq minus the SUV factor. Thats the dilemma for thinking about the other options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahbaz63 View Post
Since you have booked Kodiaq already, wondering if there is anything that you found in the other 3 options that you will miss in the Kodiaq?

To me, except the brand and the value it brings, I don't see a strong reason to go for X1, Q3 or XC40 over the Kodia, I would look for X3 as a good alternative to Kodiaq.
I haven't even TD the other cars. But since it falls in the same budget, was just thinking if I should consider them. Is there a better comfort in the other 3 options compared to the Kodiaq?

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st September 2022 at 15:47. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Old 1st September 2022, 16:42   #714
BHPian

So Zac Hollis will no longer be responsible for India market and has been replaced by Petr Šolc.
Name:  Zac_News.JPG
Views: 845
Size:  64.7 KB

Last edited by JitendraW : 1st September 2022 at 16:44. Reason: Aligned the image and text.
Old 1st September 2022, 23:14   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Plus useful when doing out of station drives in terms of luggage space and comfort. My current daily is a creta. So can use it rough when driving on our brilliant Bangalore roads . So the replacement for the Creta should also be able to compete with our roads. Is there a better comfort in the other 3 options compared to the Kodiaq?
A boat is what you need for Bangalore roads right now and the Kodiaq will do just about right. On a serious note, since you have a VRS, Kodiaq will be perfect for the road trips and as a people carrier with all the comfort and luxury you need.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 00:08   #716
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in Advance.
My choice wud be the Kodiaq. I booked an L&K few days back at Bangalore after going through the same dilemma. All the others being a strict 5 seater, gets out of my shortlist. Having the flexibilty to carry two families + kids sometimes comes handy. Apart from the brand image that the Big 3 commands, nothing much that I can think off.
kurups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 03:38   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I own a VRS also. Which is purely for driving pleasure and to bring a smile on my face when behind the wheel of that. So the question I have in mind is, will it be the same offering if I go for another Skoda car with the Kodiaq minus the SUV factor. Thats the dilemma for thinking about the other options.
Unless you need that brand name, in your case Kodiaq is a no brainer. Other cars that you have shortlisted anyways will not come close to VRS on fun factor. And since you have a VRS, Kodiaq will be a more practical choice too - mainly for that long family drives.
But X1 makes a case in terms of Diesel engine.

Last edited by sunikkat : 2nd September 2022 at 03:40.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 07:32   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post
My choice wud be the Kodiaq. I booked an L&K few days back at Bangalore after going through the same dilemma. All the others being a strict 5 seater, gets out of my shortlist. Having the flexibilty to carry two families + kids sometimes comes handy. Apart from the brand image that the Big 3 commands, nothing much that I can think off.
Have you driven the kodiaq to compare the comfort with the other German entry level SUV’s? I haven’t so not able to compare
Old 2nd September 2022, 08:19   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Have you driven the kodiaq to compare the comfort with the other German entry level SUV’s? I haven’t so not able to compare
I had taken a Test Drive in Jan 2022 when the Kodiaq was launched. Liked it then but missed to book, didn't imagine the Kodiaq booking would get over that soon. It was the L&K variant from Raja Skoda, Bangalore and the Kodiaq went over the Bangalore pot holes (medium ones I guess) like butter, without sending much vibrations back to the seats. The sports & comfort mode really made a huge difference to the ride quality. I had driven the other German brands but not extensively and not on same terrain, so difficult to compare one to one and give a verdict.

My reason to strike out the Germans were it's strict restriction to a 5 seater compared to the Kodiaq and the excellent SUV-ish looks of the Kodiaq compared to all entry level Germans GLA, X1, /Q3.
kurups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 09:12   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not TSI, but have driven TDI extensively and I have felt the ride quality, handling etc on par with those entry level luxury SUVs. With new Kodiaq, I would expect the ride to be better (mainly L&K) with DCC. Then Kodiaq is much more spacious and the option of those extra 2 seats, however practical or not it is.

Last edited by sunikkat : 2nd September 2022 at 09:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks