Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2022, 15:48   #661

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Ground clearance is 190mm unladen. It is quite OK for our roads and haven’t had any instance of underbody scraping. I was told that their is some underbody treatment but not very sure.
autofan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 22:24   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
In addition, the KESSY system is very finicky when locking the car. I have had to swipe/touch/push the button on the handle multiple times (sometimes using multiple fingers) to get it to lock.
Could you explain this particular issue? When you lock it, do you place your hand inside the door handle (between handle and door)?

There were previous users who faced trouble with it. To lock, you must only tap the marked area and not place your hand inside the door handle while doing so. Placing your hand inside is for unlocking the car and this gesture confuses the capacitive KESSY system and it either does nothing or jumps between lock and unlock.

Not sure if this helps solve your issue.
Old 15th August 2022, 23:22   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saur95 View Post
There were previous users who faced trouble with it. To lock, you must only tap the marked area and not place your hand inside the door handle while doing so.
After a lot of trial and error I finally figured out the issue. The lock sensor does not accept my right thumb - it will accept any other finger or item but just not that. It is the most bizarre problem.

It is not ideal since my right thumb is the natural choice to lock the car but I guess I will have to live with this for now.
solaris007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 15:16   #664
BHPian

Quote:
After a lot of trial and error I finally figured out the issue. The lock sensor does not accept my right thumb - it will accept any other finger or item but just not that. It is the most bizarre problem.
That is so strange as it is just a touch sensor and has nothing to do with which finger you use. I am invested in this mystery. Did you ask someone in your family to try it, does it react the same way for them ?
Old 16th August 2022, 17:38   #665
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone noticing the left or right shaky / vibrating headlight beam when you are stopped and can see the beam cut off on the car in front or on a wall may be? It seems like its a loose holder or something but I am not sure how the LED bulbs are fit in this car. Only the left one vibrates at idle, as soon as you rev slightly it goes away, that means something is loose.
Old 16th August 2022, 19:19   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Only the left one vibrates at idle, as soon as you rev slightly it goes away, that means something is loose.
Please get it checked, as I don't experience it at all at any RPM - Double checked.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 21:49   #667

Is anyone facing issue with apple car play? In my case, I am getting issue of apple car play which gets disconnected and then reconnect after sometime on its own. It was happening for quite sometime. I even tried deleting the connection and connecting it again but still the problem was repeating. After sometime it got corrected on its own. This issue has happened twice. Unable to understand the reason
Old 17th August 2022, 13:56   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbochargedT View Post
That is so strange as it is just a touch sensor and has nothing to do with which finger you use. I am invested in this mystery. Did you ask someone in your family to try it, does it react the same way for them ?
The day after you posted this I decided to check again. My right thumb magically works again - did you do something? Now even the slightest brush against the touch sensor locks the car. The car did come back from detailing so maybe there was issue with dust/foreign particles.

Also, attaching a few photos of the bulges on the underbelly I was referring to in my earlier posts - could the current Kodiaq owners check if they see something similar. They are below the 2nd row seats. Note: The bulge is only visible at very low angles.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4121.jpeg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4122.jpeg  

solaris007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 15:06   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Also, attaching a few photos of the bulges on the underbelly I was referring to in my earlier posts - could the current Kodiaq owners check if they see something similar. They are below the 2nd row seats. Note: The bulge is only visible at very low angles.
Yes, it's there on old Kodiaq and i too thought something was wrong but its normal when i asked at the SC.
Old 17th August 2022, 15:40   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The day after you posted this I decided to check again. My right thumb magically works again - did you do something? Now even the slightest brush against the touch sensor locks the car. The car did come back from detailing so maybe there was issue with dust/foreign particles.
I have seen it not working when the sensor area is kind of wet. Dust is another reason as you pointed out.
Old 17th August 2022, 19:03   #671
BHPian

Has anyone done any kind of Off-roading in the new Kodiaq. Mountain trails / broken roads etc. Not extreme trails.
Any Feedback would be helpful.
Planning to book either the Kodiaq/ Meridian soon.
Old 17th August 2022, 21:04   #672

Finally booked a Blue Race metallic color - Sportline variant here in Gurgaon today. SA says delivery by Feb 2023. Booked even without seeing a Display vehicle or even a TD and was a frustrating effort to convince them even to take my money. Finally found an SA that was keen on sharing info and answering queries like on road price etc. Before that the 3-4 SA I talked had so much attitude. Asked me to book for 50K and not ask any questions at all.

Any guidance on how to expedite if possible? I have seen some emails to Skoda being mentioned here on previous pages. Please share if anything works.

I had pre-booked Tucson Diesel AWD - but wasnt convinced after the TD. the lack of ride/handling and NGT rule against diesel put me off. Will be cancelling that booking. Apparently they were willing to give me the car in under a month since not many takers for Diesel AWD in NCR I understand. Also was looking at Jeep Meridian but the lack of space was a serious blocker for me. Felt really cramped for a tall family like us.

Tried hard to book VW tiguan but they are just not interested in selling it. No response and when I managed to get hold of a SA - he said VW has Stopped Tiguan Model lol
carObari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 01:27   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carObari View Post
Before that the 3-4 SA I talked had so much attitude. Asked me to book for 50K and not ask any questions at all.

Any guidance on how to expedite if possible?
Thats OK. I paid 2 L for booking.

Brite Skoda Noida had one white L&K ready to go last week, can inquire - not sure if she is there anymore.

Last edited by Axe77 : 18th August 2022 at 08:23. Reason: Trimming quoted text
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 17:40   #674
BHPian

Quote:

It is not ideal since my right thumb is the natural choice to lock the car but I guess I will have to live with this for now.
What I do on my VRS is that I cover the entire handle with my palm to lock the car. Can you try that method? It should be the same for the Kodiaq as well. Hope it helps.
Old 18th August 2022, 22:07   #675
BHPian

Guys any idea about the changes can we expect in the Q1 2023 version of Kodiaq.
Heard that Skoda is going to make minor changes to the Kodiaq during Zac’s interview.

Last edited by viky_s : 18th August 2022 at 22:09.

Most Viewed