Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2023, 11:22   #1411
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Yesterday we did a round-trip journey of Delhi-Dehradun-Delhi on the best of highways our country has to offer. We were four adults , my 4 year old daughter sitting comfortably in her car seat in 3rd row, 2 cabin and 2 duffel bags in the boot onboard . Here are some of the observations.
  • During the onward journey car was mostly driven is sports mode, and honestly this should be the default mode in Kodiaq. The car is such a pleasure to drive with plenty of power and quick acceleration on offer. I use sports mode in combination with paddle shifters. Whenever i feel that the car is holding on to a gear for longer than desired, i manually upshift using the paddles to improve fuel economy. During the journey of 280 kms , which included an uphill climb of about 35 kms the car returned a FE of 11kmpl by MID.
  • On the return journey i was a little mindful of the Mileage , and drove in sports mode for only about 30% of the distance and the rest in Normal/ECO mode. I was able to achieve a respectable FE of 15.2KMPL. But you can achieve such numbers only if you are driving with that intent.
  • 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-kodiaq-15.2kmpl.jpeg
  • The ride was comfortable at the back too, with parents relaxing and enjoying the sense of Space.
  • As i tried all seats, i realized that music quality and sound stage is amazing in front, okayish in 2nd and virtually non-existent in 3rd row. The dolby feature only seem to work in the front row.
Overall a great experience and i am able to put Kodiaq to its best use, which is to spend quality time together with my family doing long road trips. This is exactly what i envisioned before putting my 45lacs on buying a comfortable, good quality and a reliable car.
Fun_to_drive is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 11:37   #1412
BHPian

Kodiaq owners, I am planning to change tyres on my car (not a Kodiaq) and was considering MRF Markus. There are a few reviews of this tyre on Team-BHP, but not much. Given that the Kodiaq (for some time at least) came with MRF Markus as OEM fitments, wanted to know your opinion of those tyres. I understand they are not high-end, high-performance or ultra-quiet tyres, but how are they in general with respect to durability, longevity and road noise?

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th September 2023, 13:53   #1413

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
Kodiaq owners, I am planning to change tyres on my car (not a Kodiaq) and was considering MRF Markus. There are a few reviews of this tyre on Team-BHP, but not much. Given that the Kodiaq (for some time at least) came with MRF Markus as OEM fitments, wanted to know your opinion of those tyres. I understand they are not high-end, high-performance or ultra-quiet tyres, but how are they in general with respect to durability, longevity and road noise?

Thanks in advance.
Do not know much about the performance of Markus, but OEM mostly choose the cheapest option available ( unless it is a performance vehicle )
I am a michelin fanboy so would sound biased, but all my vehicles from dzire to harrier have run only on michelin, from energy XM2 to Pilot sport 4 SUV and the experience from grip to noise to longevity has been exemplary.
Considering Kodiaq is such a upmarket SUV, i would suggest you go for Michelin or Continental ( 2nd best IMHO ) or lastly Pirelli Scorpion.
Hope it helps
Old 29th September 2023, 10:06   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post

Thanks in advance.
Markus have surprisingly good level of grip on dry roads but wet road performance is quite poor. They lose traction if there is even thin layer of water on the road. I felt it would be dangerous to drive on them on wet roads.

I would recommend Michelin if the right size is available. Otherwise Vredestein Ultrac Vorti would be my choice.
novice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 18:09   #1415
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Ravi Birhman for sending in his story. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:

Here is how I got an E20-compliant Skoda Kodiaq.

About two months back (i.e. Start of August), we thought of upgrading to a luxury car from our Tata Safari Storme. Given our budget and requirements, we shortlisted the Audi Q3, BMW X1 and the Skoda Kodiaq.

Test drove all three:

Audi Q3 - I rated it as the best driver's vehicle. The refinement and handling were the best among the three

BMW X1 - The car was disappointing, to be honest - ride quality was harsh, and the engine was noisy and felt underpowered. On top of that, the car had to be reset just before we started the test drive because the massage function refused to work

Skoda Kodiaq - "Value luxury" as GTO calls it. I would say 75% of Q3 when it comes to handling and overall driving experience

• The family voted for the Kodiaq because of the space and comparatively better views of the outside world - they are spoilt by the Storme - nothing can beat that.

• I was aware of the E20 issue, with a no-compromise stand. I would wait out 6 more months if needed. Only the X1 was complaint but that was ruled out given the reasons above. Audi and Skoda dealers (PPS Skoda, Hyderabad), as expected, gave verbal assurances. PPS Skoda at least had a story to tell, that the car is going through ARAI certification and post that Skoda can start putting E20 badging on the fuel lid

• Not satisfied, I sent email to both Audi India and Skoda India
Audi India, despite reminders, has not responded to date. I had a hidden agenda of keeping the Q3 in contention at home, but alas

• Skoda India was responsive and got me in touch with Mr Hussain, Sales Manager, Mahavir Skoda, Hyderabad. He was amazing. Over a month or so, he worked with Skoda India and got me an E20-compliant car. He was transparent in communication and has given a great customer experience. We are currently awaiting permanent registration of the car.

• It is a massive upgrade for us and we are enjoying it. However, I will surely miss the ride quality, timeless design and road presence of the Storme.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-whatsapp-image-20230918-12.39.50_1.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-whatsapp-image-20230918-12.39.51.jpg
Omkar is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 19:21   #1416
BHPian

This would mean Skoda is already preparing the Kodiaqs to be E20 compliant - let us hope the changes are retrofittable on the older ones - I’m assuming this should be majorly rubber / plastic components in the fuel tank / fuel line.
Old Dude is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 20:12   #1417
Senior - BHPian

But how could he arrange a E20 compliant car for just 1 customer? Are the cars already E20 compliant and they are waiting to officially announce it? Hope it is retrofittable on other 2.0L TSI cars (such as Tiguan, Tiguan Allspace, Octavia....)

Last edited by Guna : 29th September 2023 at 20:15.
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 13:41   #1418
BHPian

It's an eye opener for me that one can get E20 compliant Kodiaq by request now.
Seems like they have different E20 engine kits that are yet to come to Indian market in latest generation.
This is a big change.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 14:12   #1419
Distinguished - BHPian

I’d say that recent Kodiaqs are all E20 compliant but not certified to be so, hence they are not saying anything officially.
itwasntme is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 16:14   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I’d say that recent Kodiaqs are all E20 compliant but not certified to be so, hence they are not saying anything officially.
I think they couldn’t have put an E20 sticker without having the certification.

So the more obvious explanation seems to be that Škoda has E20 kits as well but choosing to expend the E10 stock for current supplies in the absence of any notified government mandate. Since it was the case of a specific customer demand, they chose to do it than lose the sale.
Exhuberance is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 17:04   #1421
BHPian

Hello,

I am facing a problem with my Kodiaq, the rear camera doesnt work and neither the sensors. Theres a warning light in the instrument cluster and it says ‘park distance control is unavailable’. What does this mean? My car wasnt washed for almost a month and it was covered in mud slightly. Would that cause this error? Also the tyre pressure system is unavailable, both of these errors popped up at the same time.

Thanks.
Old 1st October 2023, 20:03   #1422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Thanks to Ravi Birhman for sending in his story. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!
Great find.

Finally VW Skoda Audi Porsche Lamborghini should start rolling out 2.0 TSI and above engine with E20 compliant cars.

Since engine is rated at min RON 95, so only XP95 from Indian Oil and poWer95 from Hindustan Petroleum be go to diet for long term benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Poweredd_ View Post
I am facing a problem with my Kodiaq, the rear camera doesnt work and neither the sensors. Theres a warning light in the instrument cluster and it says ‘park distance control is unavailable’. What does this mean?
Try cleaning the front and rear parking sensor with a cloth. Could be due to dust accumulation. Small things can cause whole system to go offline. Try it.

el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 12:26   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
Try cleaning the front and rear parking sensor with a cloth. Could be due to dust accumulation. Small things can cause whole system to go offline. Try it.
I really wish that was the problem. Took it to the service center today and found out that it was the RATS. They chewed the front sensor wiring and literally cut into half. The service advisor said its not included in the warranty and have to check it throughly again for other wiring in the engine bay. Called me in again after two days for that. Lets hope nothing else is affected
Also what are the effective options to get rid of rats and can I somehow reduce the repair costs through warranty or insurance?
M_Poweredd_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 14:25   #1424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
I see that the fuel cap asks for 98 RON while specifying a minimum of 95 RON. Has it always been this way for the 2.0 TSI Kodiaq or is this new?

Do we also have information about whether the car is only material-compliant (as in fuel lines, hoses, etc that can handle the corrosive nature of ethanol better being the only changes), or has the ECU been tuned to be able to adapt to E20 fuel as well?

A picture of our 2021 2.0 TSI Superb's fuel cap for reference. Note how it only mentions 95 RON.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-superb-gas-cap.jpg

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 2nd October 2023 at 14:28.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 17:56   #1425
BHPian

That’s amazing!! Finally a sense of relief and hope for those VAG enthusiasts. I just couldn’t comprehend how people were willing to spend 40-50 lakhs on cars that aren’t e20 compliant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks