Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2023, 13:10   #1321
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutsurd411 View Post
2. Can anyone tell me what is this device just below the steering wheel? Looks like a sensor maybe?
3. Driver door projector lamp with the skoda badging is hanging loose. Felt the door wasn't closing properly then noticed this. Has damaged some of the rubber lining on door frame.
4. Rear right door open warning light came on while driving. Came right after I crossed a bump in the road. Found the door wasn't locked properly. Nobody has sat in the back seat so don't know how that happened.

2 - This is the dongle used for Skoda connected app, you get real-time information about the vehicle.

3 and 4 - Can be fixed under warranty I believe.
Old 2nd August 2023, 13:58   #1322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutsurd411 View Post
1. My number plate covers almost 20% of the screen for the reverse parking camera. Is it the same for you all?

Yes.
It's the same for me as well.
Old 2nd August 2023, 17:55   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
I tried with it but keeps popping up with errors. It will great if you share the steps you followed with OBD Eleven.
Sure, I made a short video of this.

Just go to Adaptations- Dashboard and search for Speed Warning. Two options show up - Speed Warning and Speed Warning for India. Change both to Not Active and No. You should be good.

vjbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 18:07   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi777 View Post
Blapunkt dashcam any opinion?

Hello all, as the wait for the all new kodiaq comes towards delivery, I had a word with jmd skoda in Mumbai about dashcam. Accessories guy told me they will install only Blapunk dashcam for 17k. Does anyone have any experience with Blapunkt.
Not worth it. Just get your own dash cam and wire it through the left A pillar beading and route it under the Globe box and connect it with one of the USB C ports. A good DDpai dashcam only costs 3500. Have it on all my cars and no hassles to this date.
Old 3rd August 2023, 01:06   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I too thought to myself initially, is it the simple straightforward design of the Tiguan Vs. the flashier interiors of the Kodiaq that are confusing me or is it legit the quality of the Kodiaq being superior. After reading your post I still do feel the Skoda Kodiaq somehow trumped the VW Tiguan in overall build and finish, surprisingly.
It's very good for us here with our bevy of taxes to have Skoda provide the same if it not greater fit and finish as the usually more expensive from factory Volkswagen.

Thanks for your reply Guna : )
One difference I have been told is that the manufacturing plants are different for skoda and Vw/Audi cars. Not sure if this has any effect on the overall end product, could just be organizational segregation. What plant did your Kodiaq get manufactured based on the VIN?
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 01:11   #1326

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Not worth it. Just get your own dash cam and wire it through the left A pillar beading and route it under the Globe box and connect it with one of the USB C ports. A good DDpai dashcam only costs 3500. Have it on all my cars and no hassles to this date.
Any particular model suggestion
Old 3rd August 2023, 08:40   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live_to_Drive View Post

I've recently switched to Sonax Extreme Shine Detailer after trying multiple 3M and Turtle Wax products. For the front wind-shield I use Turtle wax clear view - works wonders. For tyres - ArmorAll tyre cleaner and then 3M tyre dresser. A ton of microfibre cloths, separate for body, glass, interior, tyres, etc.

Attching pic of my car because I wanted to share with someone who shares the same enthusiasm. Although it is not nearly as well detailed as both your cars, but I pride on the shine I can extract with the limited time I can devote without being locked outside the house by the "home minister".

Wanted to ask about which cordless pressure washer do you use. I have shifted to a township recently which does not allow to take water for car washing.
That’s serious dedication and I call others who share my same kind of madness FRIENDS :-).

The cordless pressure washer I use is from Amazon. While it looks like a generic Chinese white label brand, it is pretty well built, with high quality plastics, all accessories snapping into place with a well damper but solid click, and the quick connect fitting of the hose to the body not developing any leak ( drawing in air and reducing the pressure) so far in the past 8-10 times I have used. It comes with two rechargeable batteries, so that on the does I go for an even more detailed pre-wash rinse, and underbody spray, I have the option of swapping the battery in case it runs out of juice. Water consumption is also considerably reduced as opposed to the manual wash. Where it lacks as compared to the AC powered ones is in the pressure - while good enough for most dirt and mud on the body panels and plastic trims, dried and caked in mud / dirt on the wheel wells and road grime / brake dust on wheels and tires will definitely need loosening up with a brush or cloth. The biggest advantage is that I don’t risk creating swirl marks on the body panels while trying to remove the splattered mud / sand after driving through rains. The one ai have is Hetkrishi Cordless Power Cleaner 24V Portable Power Washer with 2pcs Batteries Power Cleaner, Working Pressure 550PSI for RVs Boats or Home Projects, with Accessories Kit and a Charger Included https://amzn.eu/d/bLwOWPC
Old Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 08:55   #1328
BHPian

In my 10,000 kms done so far, i've had 9 punctures in total with at least one in each tyre . Every 3rd day i begin to worry about the TPMS ding. The quality of MRF tyres used is questionable. Anybody else faced similar issues ?
Old 3rd August 2023, 09:45   #1329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
One difference I have been told is that the manufacturing plants are different for skoda and Vw/Audi cars. Not sure if this has any effect on the overall end product, could just be organizational segregation. What plant did your Kodiaq get manufactured based on the VIN?
I do not own the Kodiaq I was mentioning.
I was mainly going by showroom experience and post multiple test drives that I started drawing comparisions and conclusions between the two on these specific points.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 11:12   #1330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
In my 10,000 kms done so far, i've had 9 punctures in total with at least one in each tyre . Every 3rd day i begin to worry about the TPMS ding. The quality of MRF tyres used is questionable. Anybody else faced similar issues ?
Touchwood not a single one yet, at 29K kms. Seems very odd. I have taken the car on bad roads multiple times, but I am very very careful to avoid the cat-eye reflectors in the middle of the road which run along the lane marking, especially in monsoon I have noticed a lot of them come loose and the screw easily penetrates the tyre. Happened to me once in my Vento. Do you take your car on gravel roads, construction sites often? Do your neighbours seem to have the same issue? Have you noticed any pattern of these failures? Seems to me that you should try to speak to the dealer to help you with tyre warranty as it could be a case of defective tyre batch. Although there are no punctures yet, I do not like this tyre anymore. Its become very noisy even at slow speeds, I dont think I will be able to tolerate it beyond 40K kms. Looking for tyres to be replaced soon and worthy of the car's refinement and handling capabilities. Shortlisted Vredestien Ultrac Vorti and Pirelli Scorpion Verde all season. Michelin would be my ideal first choice but the imported ones are way way too expensive at 22K a piece.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 11:49   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Do you take your car on gravel roads, construction sites often? Do your neighbours seem to have the same issue? Have you noticed any pattern of these failures? Seems to me that you should try to speak to the dealer to help you with tyre warranty as it could be a case of defective tyre batch. .
Yes, i do encounter some gravely roads on my way. Most of these punctures have been caused by a Nail or a screw(different kind every-time) which is surprising for new tyres as these. Would the skoda dealership be able to help in this scenario ? I am not sure if the warranty would cover punctures as it would come under wear and tear.
Old 3rd August 2023, 11:54   #1332
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I am looking to buy a VW Tiguan soon. But I saw in fuel lid that min requirement is 95 octane petrol. Given that Kodiaq and Tiguan share same engine, curious to see what fuel are users filling in Kodiaq - 91 octane or 95 octane like xp95
Old 3rd August 2023, 12:15   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretto View Post
Hi Friends,

I am looking to buy a VW Tiguan soon. But I saw in fuel lid that min requirement is 95 octane petrol. Given that Kodiaq and Tiguan share same engine, curious to see what fuel are users filling in Kodiaq - 91 octane or 95 octane like xp95
95 octane is not mandatory, however based on my use in multiple vw cars I would highly recommend 95. It makes the engine smoother and for helps excellent power delivery.
Old 3rd August 2023, 16:29   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretto View Post
Hi Friends,

I regularly fill up with xp95 and power95. On the rare occasions when I don't have access to those, I use Shell Power-V.
Old 3rd August 2023, 18:00   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi777 View Post
Any particular model suggestion
I use the DDPai mini Dashcam. It's decent for the price.

DDPAI Mini Car Dash Camera, Full HD 1080p, 140° Wide Angle, F2.0 Aperture, Super-Capacitor, G-Sensor, WiFi, Parking Mode, Upto 128GB Supported (Designed for Hot Indian Weather) https://amzn.eu/d/irp62v4

The 70Mai is good too but that's slightly pricier.

Last edited by vjbox : 3rd August 2023 at 18:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks