Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2023, 21:09   #1336
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Not worth it. Just get your own dash cam and wire it through the left A pillar beading and route it under the Globe box and connect it with one of the USB C ports. A good DDpai dashcam only costs 3500. Have it on all my cars and no hassles to this date.
I bought 70mai dashcam online, installed it myself and had the wire routing done by the Skoda showroom accessories guy - through A pillar, under the glovebox and finally beneath the plastic trim on the left side of the Center console
Old Dude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 01:46   #1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I bought 70mai dashcam online, installed it myself and had the wire routing done by the Skoda showroom accessories guy - through A pillar, under the glovebox and finally beneath the plastic trim on the left side of the Center console
There are multiple 70mai any one in particular you recommend
Old 4th August 2023, 07:37   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
95 octane is not mandatory, however based on my use in multiple vw cars I would highly recommend 95. It makes the engine smoother and for helps excellent power delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebear View Post
I regularly fill up with xp95 and power95. On the rare occasions when I don't have access to those, I use Shell Power-V.
Thanks for the replies. Good thing I feel is 95 octane is more easily available now
Old 4th August 2023, 09:35   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
One difference I have been told is that the manufacturing plants are different for skoda and Vw/Audi cars. Not sure if this has any effect on the overall end product, could just be organizational segregation. What plant did your Kodiaq get manufactured based on the VIN?
Plants will not have any effect on the fit and finish. It is mostly determined how the components are designed, engineered, tooled and the materials used while manufacturing it.
Old 5th August 2023, 13:00   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi777 View Post
There are multiple 70mai any one in particular you recommend
I have the 70mai 500S pro plus for the rear ( this is a dual Chanel camera, but I bought only the main camera usually used for the front and installed it in the back). For the front, I have the 70mai Omni 360deg camera. The 500S ProPlus was 8K at NEXDIGITRON / Amazon , and the Omni was preordered directly with 70mai for $160. The Omni is now retailing in India for 20K.

The rear camera wire is routed below the floor mat, along the side of the central transmission tunnel.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4463.jpeg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4462.jpeg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4461.jpeg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4459.jpeg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4458.jpeg  

Old Dude is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 01:04   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
In my 10,000 kms done so far, i've had 9 punctures in total with at least one in each tyre.
I am worried your puncture frequency is certainly on higher side.

At 16K KMs, haven't had any yet - not a single one. Nor I get any TPMS warning.

And I top up tyre pressure every 3 months or so.
Though I regularly use the vehicle on gravel / country side road.

Do check if you are falling prey to puncture repair scams. They intentionally push higher pressure to depict subclinical punctures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretto View Post
Curious to see what fuel are users filling in Kodiaq - 91 octane or 95 octane like xp95
Use 95 octane fuel whenever possible & stay merrier in the long run.

These engines have high fuel pressure & compression ratio during intake & compression stroke especially when pushed hard - hence I highly recommend 95 octane & above - will decrease carbon deposit & frequent occult knocking.

Engine & you - both will stay happy in the long run.
Old 7th August 2023, 20:03   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
A goof up and rather expensive corrective action:

My goof up became apparent couple of weeks later when I went on my first highway trip from Bangalore to Tirupati, where the FasTag was not read by the automated boom barriers at half of the toll .
Sorry - did you say you pasted the tag on the outside of the windshield (initially)? Or inside.

If it is stuck on the inside and you put a film on top of it (on the inside), are you saying that attenuated the signal?

I used the face fastTag issues untill a week back since I stuck the tag temporarily with a cello tape on the inside. Now, it is stuck with the original glue (again on the inside) and all is well.
TIA
Old 7th August 2023, 20:52   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Sorry - did you say you pasted the tag on the outside of the windshield (initially)? Or inside.

If it is stuck on the inside and you put a film on top of it (on the inside), are you saying that attenuated the signal?
TIA
Both the Film and the Fastag were pasted on the inside of the windshield, with the film in between the windshield and FasTag. ( I took the car straight from the showroom, applied PPF, Ulgo glass coating and the IR Blocking films first and got my FasTag only couple of days later). When I removed the original film and reapplied new film, I pasted the Fastag directly on the inside of the windshield first and the film as the innermost layer. No problem in FasTag reading ever since.
Old Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 23:23   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
I have the 70mai 500S pro plus for the rear ( this is a dual Chanel camera, but I bought only the main camera usually used for the front and installed it in the back). For the front, I have the 70mai Omni 360deg camera. The 500S ProPlus was 8K at NEXDIGITRON / Amazon , and the Omni was preordered directly with 70mai for $160. The Omni is now retailing in India for 20K.

The rear camera wire is routed below the floor mat, along the side of the central transmission tunnel.
Adding sample footage’s of the front ( Omni 360) and the rear ( 500 S pro plus) for your reference . Trimmed video to shorter duration, just to give you an idea of the clarity in day and night.
Old Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 01:08   #1345
BHPian

Hey guys my Kodiaq is going for its first service this month. It's been driven 5k kms in a year. I am planning to take it at the ASS in Nashik, MH. What things should I keep in mind while doing so? They misplaced my umbrella once but gave me a new one after I was adamant over the issue. Is it okay to service it here or should I take it to metro cities like Pune?
Old 8th August 2023, 05:37   #1346
BHPian

Quote:
Adding sample footage’s of the front ( Omni 360) and the rear ( 500 S pro plus) for your reference . Trimmed video to shorter duration, just to give you an idea of the clarity in day and night.
My apologies, I just realised I can only upload photos and not videos to Team BHP, though I distinctly remember some previous posts with videos embedded.
Moderators, any advice on how to add / link a video here?

Acceleration - Using Accelerator pedal vs Cruise a control: During a recent highway run, I noticed the acceleration using Cruise Control when you hit resume after slowing down was much stronger and smoother than when trying to accelerate back manually using the accelerator pedal in normal mode. Made me wish if the throttle response was similar to what the cruise control provides. Is this the same observation by other Kodiaq owners here, or should I be worried something is not right with mine?

I prefer to accelerate under normal mode over sports mode as the engine up shifts earlier keep in the revs lower and thus delivering a smoother performance.

Last edited by graaja : 8th August 2023 at 06:14. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 8th August 2023, 06:14   #1347
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My apologies, I just realised I can only upload photos and not videos to Team BHP, though I distinctly remember some previous posts with videos embedded.
Moderators, any advice on how to add / link a video here?
You can upload your video to YouTube and share the link in your post. The YouTube video will be embedded in the post. If you do not want the video to be open to public in YouTube, set the privacy of the video to "Unlisted".

Hope this helps.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 06:43   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Acceleration - Using Accelerator pedal vs Cruise a control: During a recent highway run, I noticed the acceleration using Cruise Control when you hit resume after slowing down was much stronger and smoother than when trying to accelerate back manually using the accelerator pedal in normal mode. Made me wish if the throttle response was similar to what the cruise control provides. Is this the same observation by other Kodiaq owners here, or should I be worried something is not right with mine?
I had similar observation with my Jeep Compass. Given that a turbo petrol's mileage is highly sensitive to the driving style, I accelerate smoothly, keeping the rpm below 2000. However if the vehicle is in cruise control, and I resume after a slow down, it picks up quite aggressively.
vinodvaddi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 09:35   #1349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is the same with Tiguan Allspace and I guess a common behaviour with cruise controls in general. Pace with which it gathers the speed can be unnerving initially.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 14:28   #1350

Quote:
This is the reply I am getting from JMD skoda on email

As discuss with our team, for Accessories we can only fit Blaupunkt DVR camera as per Skoda or else our vehicle warranty will get lapse we cannot fit any accessories bought by customers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks