Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2023, 23:10   #1351
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi777 View Post
This is the reply I am getting from JMD skoda on email

As discuss with our team, for Accessories we can only fit Blaupunkt DVR camera as per Skoda or else our vehicle warranty will get lapse we cannot fit any accessories bought by customers
I’m sure they are bluffing about the warranty - as long as you are plugging the dashcam to the 12V DC port or the USB port - both of which are intended by Skoda for users to plug in any accessories they want - both these are limited in terms of the power they can supply. I agree if you are splicing and hardwiring the dashcam, then Skoda has grounds for refusing warranty claims.
There has been absolutely no objection from the dealer in Bangalore for fixing the dashcam I bought online, and they did the wire routing for me as Indidjt want to remove the A Pillar cover myself and risk breaking any clips.
Old Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 00:39   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Poweredd_ View Post
What things should I keep in mind while doing so? Is it okay to service it here or should I take it to metro cities like Pune?

1st service is generally the engine oil change service. You should keep a record of oil smell / color / consistency on oil dipstick beforehand.
A freshly changed oil will have more of aromatic aroma with increased transparency & decreased viscosity.
You should also ask for the grade & brand of oil they are putting into - lower grade can kill engine.

Though 5k KMs aren't much for oil characteristics to change, it will still help. You should also check for coolant & brake oil levels & if possible battery voltage.

Service centre should be dealing with ample volume of TSI 2.0 vehicles - 3 to 5 Kodiaq / Superb / Octavia [MY 2022 & later] parked in the premises should give you a go ahead signal.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 16:42   #1353

Has there been any update on whether the Kodiaq sold right now is E20 compliant? From the E20 thread, I've come to learn that even XP95, which is recommended for Kodiaq, is often E12 rated petrol.

Has anyone had any communication from Skoda/VAG on this topic?
Old 14th August 2023, 18:30   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zv777 View Post
Has there been any update on whether the Kodiaq sold right now is E20 compliant?

They may say anything verbally.
Skoda hasn't officially accepted E20 compatibility of MY 22/23 Kodiaqs till date.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 19:53   #1355
BHPian

Hello guys,

I am about to take delivery of a lava blue Kodiaq L&K. I did a PDI as per the checklist in team-bhp. Apart from a few minor things everything seems to be OK. I have a few questions though;

1. Do I need to change Tyres? The stock Tyres are MRF. I read somewhere in team-bhp that they are best suited for Kodiaq
2. I am thinking about ceramic coating. But, I would be able to do that after a week or so and after putting considerable miles to the car. Where in Bangalore would you recommend it? Does 3M in HSR do a decent job?
3. What I should not be doing during the break in period...
4. I am planning to install 70 mai dashcam (A810) with ADAS. This requires tapping the fusebox. Is this dashcam a good one and the installation of it will affect warranty?
5. Do you think I should go for one of those 7D mats or the stock one will do? what do you recommend?
6. Any other things I should do immediately after taking the delivery of Kodiaq?

I appreciate your feedbacks and suggestions.

Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 11:09   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunRam View Post
Any other things I should do immediately after taking the delivery of Kodiaq?
I would recommend not putting in Shell's fuel. Some BHPians have faced issues with that. I prefer to use XP95, the service advisor too advised that. Check for the umbrella I didn't get one and forgot to check that when delivered. Tyres work fine, some people have complained about the road noise, to me they are fine but you can judge that yourself later.

Congratulations you will enjoy it a lot!
Old 20th August 2023, 11:47   #1357

Quote:
Hello guys,

I am about to take delivery of a lava blue Kodiaq L&K. I did a PDI as per the checklist in team-bhp.
Congratulations! We have also booked a Sportline in Steel Grey. Awaiting delivery in this week and eagerly looking forward to it.

To answer your question 4, the dealer informed us that we can use a third party dashcam as long as we use the 12V charging point or USB port and don't cut any wires. That is what I am planning to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Skoda hasn't officially accepted E20 compatibility of MY 22/23 Kodiaqs till date.
So I had put in an email to Skoda and the question was routed to the same dealer where I made the booking, Mody Skoda in Andheri, Mumbai (probably a coincidence as I had not used the contact details used in the booking). The dealer said that Skoda has not yet said anything officially on this topic. They also said normal 91 RON petrol can be used as many customers are using it. I would prefer to err on the side of caution and use 95+ RON. I guess we will have to live the risk of E10 fuel being available in the future.

Thanks to all members here for your posts and feedback on the car. I had to scramble to read this thread after we test drove the Kodiaq as an afterthought. Family fell in love with the car in the showroom and a testdrive (albeit on an L&K trim) sealed the deal. We slept on it and the next day, my Dad said he wanted the Kodiaq. Will try to share a brief report on the car once it comes home.
Old 20th August 2023, 12:39   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Refer this:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5548515 (2023 Skoda Kodiaq 4x4 launched at Rs 37.99 lakh)

Quote:
Hello guys,

I am about to take delivery of a lava blue Kodiaq L&K. I did a PDI as per the checklist in team-bhp. Apart from a few minor things everything seems to be OK. I have a few questions though;

1. Do I need to change Tyres? The stock Tyres are MRF. I read somewhere in team-bhp that they are best suited for Kodiaq
2. I am thinking about ceramic coating. But, I would be able to do that after a week or so and after putting considerable miles to the car. Where in Bangalore would you recommend it? Does 3M in HSR do a decent job?
4. I am planning to install 70 mai dashcam (A810) with ADAS. This requires tapping the fusebox. Is this dashcam a good one and the installation of it will affect warranty?
5. Do you think I should go for one of those 7D mats or the stock one will do? what do you recommend?
6. Any other things I should do immediately after taking the delivery of Kodiaq?

Thanks
I got the vehicle in May 2023. Recently a i20 with TN registration scratched the rear bumper at Tin factory junction trying to barge into a narrow space. Along with windshield replacement asked RAJA skoda to do paint job and min. charges are 5K. I am contemplating whether PPF or ceramic coating. Moving towards PPF to get some physical protection from scratches. I got a contact for PPF from the dealer however not sure how to decide the place.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st August 2023 at 09:01. Reason: Please edit or multi-quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 21st August 2023, 00:11   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
They also said normal 91 RON petrol can be used as many customers are using it. I would prefer to err on the side of caution and use 95+ RON.
Something used by many folks doesn't makes it official to use.
Before an official statement is issued, lot of R&D goes under it, as you rightly said, stick with 95+.

Already did.
It's BS6.2 norms compliant but not E20 fuel - which are two different things - discussed already.
Again, until E20 lable is officially stuck to fuel lid, we can't really be ready.
Old 21st August 2023, 06:17   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebear View Post
I got the vehicle in May 2023. Recently a i20 with TN registration scratched the rear bumper at Tin factory junction trying to barge into a narrow space. Along with windshield replacement asked RAJA skoda to do paint job and min. charges are 5K. I am contemplating whether PPF or ceramic coating. Moving towards PPF to get some physical protection from scratches. I got a contact for PPF from the dealer however not sure how to decide the place.
Ouch, just hearing about that hurts - and such irresponsible drivers are everywhere. I had similar brushes on my older car, typically from bikers trying to wiggle through non existent gaps when stopped at a traffic jam or signal. How I wish if there were some kind of invisible force shield ( sorry for reading too many sci-fi comics as a child ) we could turn on!

Curious - why windshield replacement for rear bumper scratch? Also, 5K for bumper painting - is that with or without claiming insurance? Full bumper or only the area scratched? Which colour is your car?

Regarding PPF - I had got Shield Pro self healing PPF from Dabler Auto behind Vega City Mall, Bannerghatta Road (10 year dealer warranty) done for the Front & Rear bumpers, ORVMs and all piano black parts (Spoiler, B&C pillar claddings, Upper glovebox lid and all four door inserts ). They didn’t do it for the insert around the gear lever as water would have seeped into the electrical switches. It has only been six months, and the PPF has held up good so far. No noticeable orange peel or difference in finish between the Ulgo glass coated body panels and the PPF bumpers. No swirl marks / micro scratches yet - that is a big boon on the piano black parts. Also, I have noticed the bumpers attract lesser dust and dirt as compared to the rest of the body. Workmanship is also good, with edges neatly tucked in. The cost was about 25K or so if I remember right ( I had done the full body Ulgo glass coating including door jams and wheels, hydrophobic coatings for all glass panels including sunroof and the PPF for bumpers, mirrors and piano black parts and hence the price negotiation was for the full package and hence don’t remember the exact break up).

Expel, Kavaca, 3M, Llumar, STEK are some of the popular imported brands and Garware is a more economical Indian choice. There are many installers in Bangalore for these brands.
Old 21st August 2023, 07:04   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys,

Thanks
Congratulations on your new Kodiaq! Wishing you years of happy ownership and excitement.

1) Tyres: I too contemplated changing to Michelins - Latitude Sport 3 is the one available for Kodiaq ( Primacy 4 is not ). The best quote I got was 21K per tyre ( including buyback of the brand new MRFs) - decided was not worth and honestly the MRFs are not bad at least when new. The cabin insulation in Kodiaq is good and does not let much road noise to filter in.
2) 3M is not a popular choice for ceramic coat - while I went for a slightly off beat route of Ulgo glass coating from Dabler auto in BTM - Bannerghatta Road and I’m extremely satisfied with it so far, there are many popular places ( and coatings) such as Detailing Mafia, Autotriz and Options-Coat. Which ever place you go, I strongly recommend going for a good quality self healing PPF for your bumpers and piano black parts.
3) Break in period - Do not get carried away - Keep your revs in check. Also, switch to neutral when stopping in signals and traffic jams. Accelerating too gently while babying the car probably will cause the clutch to slip more, so normal acceleration is better.
4) If you hardwire the dashcam to the fuse box, it will void warranty. Best connected to the USB-C port ( as the 12V socket stays powered on even after you exit and lock the car and will run your battery down).
5) The stock mat ( that comes with the essential kit) is good, but being black rubber, gets dusty / shows up footprints very badly. I added a beige woven mat to the stock one from Elegant auto retail (online) for around 3K. This hides the dusty footprints and I take it out and vacuum weekly once.
6) Aside from getting PPF done for the Piano black finish parts , you can consider a heat rejecting film for the windshield, sunroof and windows - the AC is not as chilling as the Japanese cars, and with such a large cabin and glass area, these >70% transparent IR blocking films help keep the cabin cooler. Check the tyre pressure and bring it down to 36PSI ( in my case the dealer had set it to 42, casing a bumpy ride).

Wish you an exciting and trouble free ownership.
Old Dude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 07:07   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
5) The stock mat ( that comes with the essential kit) is good, but being black rubber, gets dusty / shows up footprints very badly. I added a beige woven mat to the stock one from Elegant auto retail (online) for around 3K. This hides the dusty footprints and I take it out and vacuum weekly once.
This is the floor mat I have added on top of the stock black rubber mat.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4676.jpeg  

Old Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 10:47   #1363
BHPian

Curious - why windshield replacement for rear bumper scratch? Also, 5K for bumper painting - is that with or without claiming insurance? Full bumper or only the area scratched? Which colour is your car?
Long story short -
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5595352 (2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG)
Old 21st August 2023, 12:40   #1364

Quote:
Hello guys,

Thanks

Literally came here to ask the same, thankyou.
Old 25th August 2023, 21:09   #1365
BHPian

Hi,

I took the delivery of my vehicle and had to go on some long drives for official purposes ferrying my colleagues! I must say that the vehicle drives like a charm! I am yet to experiment with the settings and plan to do it this weekend.

The acquisition of this car is quite a story but that's for another post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Poweredd_ View Post
I would recommend not putting in Shell's fuel.
Congratulations you will enjoy it a lot!
Thanks. I agree and I am sticking with Xp95. I already filled the tank twice!

Quote:
Congratulations! We have also booked a Sportline in Steel Grey. Awaiting delivery in this week and eagerly looking forward to it.

To answer your question 4, the dealer informed us that we can use a third party dashcam as long as we use the 12V charging point or USB port and don't cut any wires. That is what I am planning to do.
Thanks zv777. I plan to do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Congratulations on your new Kodiaq! Wishing you years of happy ownership and excitement.

1) Tyres: I too contemplated changing to Michelins - Latitude Sport 3 is the one available for Kodiaq ( Primacy 4 is not ). The best quote I got was 21K per tyre ( including buyback of the brand new MRFs)

glass area, these >70% transparent IR blocking films help keep the cabin cooler. Check the tyre pressure and bring it down to 36PSI ( in my case the dealer had set it to 42, casing a bumpy ride).

Wish you an exciting and trouble free ownership.
I decided to keep the MRFs and so far, they seem to be doing just fine. I did not feel much of road noise during my drives on highways.

I will check out the Dabler Auto and the other detailers you mentioned in a day or two. My car already suffered a few minor scratches on rear right fender due to improper handing by valet of a popular joint on the Bannerghatta Road. I hope the detailer might be able to fix it.

I saw your posts on the cleaning regimen of your car. I think it is necessary as I noticed that the Lava Blue shows off dust and smudge marks easily.

I was able to get, from the dealer, a woven black mat along with the stock mat. But both sets do not include the 3rd row! So, I will check your suggestion.

Many thanks for all your suggestions Old Dude.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks