Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2023, 09:11   #1276

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

New Kodiaq camouflaged look revealed internationally. Skoda has brought up a page with photos as well as a short video to showcase the new Kodiaq and some of the new things coming up.

Page link:
https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/...of-the-kodiaq/

Video Link:

Notable mentions:
  • The new Kodiaq is slightly larger than its predecessor, mainly in length (6cms) and the interior is also more spacious. Passengers can look forward to more leg room and more head room.
  • The gearshift level is on the steering column for the first time.
  • Larger display - which has already been leaked online.
  • Controls are a combination of digital and haptic response controls.
  • Plug-in hybrid version, named Kodiaq iV with pure electric range of 100 kms.
  • 1.5TSI (not available in India, right now) will come with mild hybrid.

Hybrid seems like the future for most Indian cars (in short term), rather than pure electric play. If offered in India, it would be nice. Larger display is something which the current Kodiaq missed out. They are fixing it. Other than that its an almost perfect car !

Last edited by xorrmancer : 12th July 2023 at 09:22. Reason: corrected few tenses
xorrmancer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 12:33   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorrmancer View Post
Notable mentions:
  • The new Kodiaq is slightly larger than its predecessor, mainly in length (6cms) and the interior is also more spacious. Passengers can look forward to more leg room and more head room.
  • The gearshift level is on the steering column for the first time.
  • Larger display - which has already been leaked online.
  • Controls are a combination of digital and haptic response controls.
  • Plug-in hybrid version, named Kodiaq iV with pure electric range of 100 kms.
  • 1.5TSI (not available in India, right now) will come with mild hybrid.
Actually Skoda gave a lot of European journalists a chance to drive and review initial impression of this car. Yes the car is longer, but wheelbase is more or less same, overhangs are now longer which is a downer I think. They have reduced the height of the vehicle overall. They have also reduced the width of the vehicle slightly to give it more compact dimensions for city driving, so rear shoulder room with three abreast will be an issue. I did like the implementation of the floating 13 inch touch screen and steering mounted gear selector, but they haven't utilise the space freed up in the centre console with say Tesla like wireless charging pads, instead they have more cup holders and stuff. Powertrain largely unchanged 2.0 TSI with 205 PS instead of 190 PS and yes a 1.5 TSI PHEV will also be available, along with standard features like Matrix LEDs, HUD and ADAS.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 21:48   #1278
BHPian

Kodiaq Owners- have any of you remapped your Kodiaq TSI or considering a remap in the near term ?

While I am happy with the performance in general, the turbo lag is still bothering me whenever I want that burst of acceleration real quick without switching to sports mode or slotting the DSG to Sport. I mean a pedal to metal does it more or less in regular drive mode but ever since I remapped the Volvo, I am so smitten by the effortless in- gear acceleration and minimal turbo lag.

Code6 is offering me a remap that takes care of these issues but the risk of voiding warranty does loom above. Although they assure that the map is proven and many Superbs and Kodiaqs internationally run just fine with the map ( ECU + TCU remap) Power and torque bump is approx 30% they claim which takes it to the VRS league. 247 BHP and 400 NM, makes it super sweet! I guess the DQ381 is rated upto 450 NM ?

Would appreciate some thoughts here.
vjbox is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 21:37   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
I guess the DQ381 is rated upto 450 NM?
As far I know, DQ381 is rated upto 420 NM. Tuning will definitely void warranty if detected.

Recently took her to some monsoon mountain trails with slippery slushy terrain mixed with gravels. I must say, I am impressed with its capabilities.
Suspension too worked top notch.

But again I will say however capable your vehicle is, don't test it's limits - always better to park on a safer ground than experimenting.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230713_212307.jpg

SilverSmoke is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 09:52   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Kodiaq Owners- have any of you remapped your Kodiaq TSI or considering a remap in the near term ?
Even I am tempted with what can be achieved with a Remap. The ideal situation would be to test drive a remapped Kodiaq to see how much of those claimed bump in power figures actually felt while driving in the real world. Voiding warranty on such an expensive car is not a wise trade-off.

On a side-note, I feel the drive quality, suspension and in-gear acceleration has gotten better with time, or it could be me getting used to it . I would suggest make sports as your default mode and enjoy the stress-free drive.

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th July 2023 at 08:02. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Also, please capitalise text where needed. Thank you.
Fun_to_drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 11:31   #1281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
Voiding warranty on such an expensive car is not a wise trade-off.

On a side-note, i feel the drive quality, suspension and in-gear acceleration has gotten better with time, or it could be me getting used to it . I would suggest make sports as your default mode and enjoy the stress-free drive.
I believe many have got stage 1 remapping done on their Tiguan Allspace and claim improved performance as well as improved FE.
Problem with staying in sports mode is, it drives on a gear lower and stays longer on that gear, resulting in noise/roughness. With the remapping, I am told that the gear changing pattern will remain the same but with improved performance (better acceleration).
Guna is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 19:52   #1282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
On a side-note, i feel the drive quality, suspension and in-gear acceleration has gotten better with time, or it could be me getting used to it . I would suggest make sports as your default mode and enjoy the stress-free drive.
I feel in the in-gear acceleration to be improved overtime, yes, but I know for sure I have become used to driving this car with a heavy right foot. And when you do use that right foot, the car does respond, although the DSG is quite slow when you need it the most. Overtaking has to be planned, no way near the lightning fast gear drops of my Octy DSG. That car goes from D7 to D3 @ 80 km/h when you press the kickdown button fully, quicker than you can say ‘kickdown’. Octavia A7 TSI owners will agree.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 23:15   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I feel in the in-gear acceleration to be improved overtime, yes, but I know for sure I have become used to driving this car with a heavy right foot. And when you do use that right foot, the car does respond, although the DSG is quite slow when you need it the most. Overtaking has to be planned, no way near the lightning fast gear drops of my Octy DSG. That car goes from D7 to D3 @ 80 km/h when you press the kickdown button fully, quicker than you can say ‘kickdown’. Octavia A7 TSI owners will agree.
Yes that's my problem too and having driven about 5k KMS in the last 3 months, I am still coping up with this turbo lag. And my immediate redemption is the sports mode or rocking the gear level to Sport but it still has that lag and I also don't want to keep the engine on high revs for the entirety of the trip. The major benefit of the remap is the gear box tuning and improving the overall drivabilty and my assumption is it should bring it closer to the Octavia levels of eagerness and drivability. In fact I am not after power with the remap but want better throttle response and gear shift points.

I have very well witnessed the benefits of a remap on the Volvo for the last 1000 KMS and it's lighting quick acceleration for a TC gearbox has spoilt me.

I am looking to validate this with a few people who have done it on their Superbs and Tiguans so we have first hand info on the post remap experience.

Let's see.
vjbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 17:55   #1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
You can turn the sensitivity to Low in the dashcam to avoid starting emergency recording over rumble strips and gutters.
Thanks. Yet to do this adjustment.

One issue I am facing between dash cam and Android auto Whenever I try to connect my phone to 70mai hotspot, the skoda hotspot forces in and connects it to android auto. It doesn't allow any other connection. How do I disconnect skoda hotspot/android auto from my phone and connect to 70Mai?

Tried manual connection and forgetting networks! Still the same.

Thanks!

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th July 2023 at 08:04. Reason: Minor formatting, punctuation and caps where needed.
Old 21st July 2023, 23:03   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahak View Post
Whenever I try to connect my phone to 70mai hotspot, the skoda hotspot forces in and connects it to android auto. It doesn't allow any other connection.
How do I disconnect skoda hotspot/android auto from my phone and connect to 70Mai?
I too face the same issue. Any solution on this will help.
Old 23rd July 2023, 16:45   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahak View Post
Thanks.. Yet to do this adjustment

One Issue I am facing between dash cam and Android auto

Whenever I try to connect my phone to 70mai hotspot, the skoda hotspot forces in and connects it to android auto. It doesn't allow any other connection.
How do I disconnect skoda hotspot/android auto from my phone and connect to 70Mai?

Tried manual connection and forgetting networks! still the same.

Thanks!
I use an IPhone, and when I have to access my 70mai dashcam, I go to settings on my phone —> CarPlay —> Select MySkodaxxx and turn the slider to off. Then open 70mai app to connect to the dashcam. Once downloaded what I need, enable CarPlay on the phone again. I’m sure a similar process will work for Android Auto as well.
Old Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 18:11   #1287
rbk

Hello everyone. I end up changing cars way too often. As financially unwise as it may sound, I end up coming up with reasons to change cars every now and then. To put things into perspective from 2018 I have used an Etios Cross, a Thar CRDi, a Figo Blu TDCi, an Innova Crysta G AT, an Octavia vRS 230 and an i20 N Line DCT (and if I may mention a used Alto K10 too as a transition car from the Crysta to the i20), with the last two being my latest cars.

My i20 N Line was only 6 months old when I drove past a Skoda Showroom last week and inside I saw the Kodiaq Sportline in Race Blue. As any enthusiast should ignoring the ongoing downpour outside I drove back to check the car out and it was love at first sight! It was my first time seeing the car in its Sportline trim in Race Blue colour. It looked astonishing, particularly in that colour. Unsurprisingly "the thought" starts creeping into my mind - "Which car will I sell to get the Kodiaq?". I love the vRS way too much to sell it, it is an absolute thrill machine and I know the only satisfying replacement to this would be the much more expensive M340i, which is a story for another day. So I start cooking the idea of selling my 6 month old N-Line in my head. I listed the car on OLX the same day and just like that I sold the car on the fifth day!

Sometimes I feel guilty for doing what I did, but I had my own justifications. After getting to know how a proper German car performs, through the vRS, I just couldn't give the i20 all of my heart. It was a good car, but there was something missing about it. It didn't have the door that closes with a "thud", the car sometimes felt too light, the materials to touch did not feel "special" and most importantly the seats were not comfy for long drives. 90% of my driving happens on the highways. In 6 months I clocked 11000 km on the ODO meter of the i20, and this was despite doing most of my long journeys on the vRS. So for someone who does that kind of highway miles, comfy seats are way up on the list. I must also say that the alcantara Sports Seats of the vRS has spoilt me for good. Even the Innova Crysta and its famed comfortable seats had a role to play. I was constantly reminded of the seat issue when I travelled with my cousin in his Crysta. So thats that and now I have my own reasons to buy the Kodiaq.

I didn't wait long. I test drove the Kodiaq Sportline the next day and booked it that instance - Sportline in Race Blue. Everything happened so fast that it took me a few days to comprehend what just happened. A simple walk in to a Skoda showroom ended up with me selling my almost new car to get another car.

The Kodiaq perfectly fits my use case - long highway hauls. I read through the 80+ pages of Kodiaq material on TeamBHP and started getting more excited about the car. I was aware that the Sportline missed out on the adaptive dampers among other things when pitted against the L&K but I was ready to give up on some "comfort" for the killer looks of the Sportline. But as I read though TeamBHP, I realised that the SA had misinformed me that the Sportline comes with TPMS. I called him to double check to only realise that it actually is missing the feature. Being on the highway most of the time TPMS has saved me time and trouble quite a few times both on the vRS and i20.

That got me thinking again. Apart from the adaptive dampers and TPMS, the L&K had the iBuzz Fatigue Alert, ventilated seats, 360 degree camera, boot lid gesture which were missing from the Sportline. The premium one had to pay for the L&K was more than justified by the added features. But I generally do not like beige interiors, and also the Race Blue colour was missing on the L&K variant. While talking to the SA, he pointed out that if I get the Sportline the interiors would be way too familiar to the vRS - so the L&K could be my plush luxury ride and the vRS could be the nimble sporty one. Finally I decided to change my booking to a Magic Black L&K.

All this time I was aware of the fact that the Next Kodiaq is due soon. May make its way into India in 2024. It would be larger in appearance and will be more tech loaded. Now I am faced with this question whether to wait for the next generation car or keep the booking and get the current model. The booking amount is fully refundable after all.

The reasons I have for sticking to the current gen car would be the following. Firstly the current car has physical buttons on the console, which I love as against the gimmicky haptic feedback touch buttons which may take over the console of the new car. I always loved that chucky Audi styled short gear lever - always wanted a car with that. The new car maybe priced at least 10 Lakhs higher OTR going with what happened to the Octavia when the new generation came out. The new Kodiaq I read somewhere would be less wider than the outgoing model (I feel the Kodiaq already is not that wide). Also I have read somewhere that when getting a big German car it is always wiser to get a car which is towards the older end of the generation cycle, because as time goes the little faults here and there keep getting addressed to and fixed and the last round of cars would probably be the "perfected" version of that model. Also what if Skoda decides to bring only the plug in hybrid to India (which I personally despise).

I would love if some current Kodiaq users pitched in and help me decide. Do I buy the current Kodiaq or wait for the next?

PS: Attaching a picture of THE CAR that lured me into that showroom and made me take some bizzarre decisions!
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_2338.jpg  

rbk is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 23:32   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbk View Post
I would love if some current Kodiaq users pitched in and help me decide. Do I buy the current Kodiaq or wait for the next?

PS: Attaching a picture of THE CAR that lured me into that showroom and made me take some bizzarre decisions!
That's the color I would have chosen had Skoda offered it in the L&K trim. As much as I like my Lava Blue, race blue shade is Sexy!

Coming to your conundrum, it depends on your itch to upgrade. I got mine 3 months back and I knew the new gen was coming. We don't yet know the India time frame as the international unveil is happening only this year. I would imagine Skoda India would give it a year may be ? Plus I doubt whether the new gen will be priced under 50 Lac given its plug in hybrid variants ? I see that they also retain the current 190 BHP motor and no bump up in engine or gear box spec. May be the plug in hybrid would help with the fuel efficiency issue but again its price could make or break it.

With the new gen You get refreshed interiors, larger screen (lose physical knows, buttons), some more room at third row, but otherwise it seems to be largely the same vehicle as current.

My thought process behind the current Kodiaq when I went for it is that it still offered the best bang for the buck amidst the sea of pseudo SUVs, with better driving dynamics and overall packaging. I intend to keep it for as long as possible, spruce it up with remaps, upgrade the infotainment to the 9.2 inch columbus unit and even try an ACC retrofit, all down the line to keep it more relevant and fun.

If the new gen still costs 50 to 55 lac for the top trim, I would wait. Else the current gen L&K with DCC is still really really good!
vjbox is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 13:18   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
All this time I was aware of the fact that the Next Kodiaq is due soon. May make its way into India in 2024. It would be larger in appearance and will be more tech loaded. Now I am faced with this question whether to wait for the next generation car or keep the booking and get the current model. The booking amount is fully refundable after all.

Who knows which colors, what variants, what price and when the next generation Kodiaq will be launched. You've just sold the car you were happily driving , for a car that you really liked and I get that. Now in my view, having second thoughts about what you have in front you is not worth it. Not for TPMS anyway. I think you should buy the current one.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th July 2023 at 08:10. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 25th July 2023, 06:33   #1290
BHPian

Quote:

The recommendations you get from this group of current Kodiaq owners will be coloured by unconscious bias, as like me, most other owners here are in love with their Kodiaqs. This close to the launch of the next generation, I’d recommend you to wait at least until the international launch and reviews are out, to avoid buyers remorse (and in your case, probably selling a 6 month old Kodiaq ).

I’m hoping the new hybrid drive train will resolve the turbo lag issue discussed in this thread, and offer better mileage. If you don’t like the looks, set of features offered, price estimate and if the reviewers on the international forum say it’s not very different from the current generation, you will always have a period of time when the current generation is still available in India before the next generation reach our shores and you might even get a handsome discount on the outgoing model towards end of stock.

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th July 2023 at 08:11. Reason: Fixing broken quotes & minor formatting edit.
Old Dude is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks