Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2023, 18:55   #1306
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I have driven my Kodiaq in the rains only about 5 times since the realignment, but so far so good.
Curious to know how did you get the coating removed - did you get it buffer off with a glass polishing compound, or used any solvent wipe ?
Ceramic coating can be removed with IP (Isopropyl Alcohol), I am not sure of the concentration though, he did it in less than 5 minutes and it dint need any buffing, on the flip side I lost the hydrophobic properties, I was okay with it considering the wiper judder was impacting visibility, most detailers use IP extensively for different applications.
abaliga is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 18:59   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaliga View Post
Ceramic coating can be removed with IP (Isopropyl Alcohol), I am not sure of the concentration though, he did it in less than 5 minutes and it dint need any buffing, on the flip side I lost the hydrophobic properties, I was okay with it considering the wiper judder was impacting visibility, most detailers use IP extensively for different applications.
I have been using RainX on my uncoated Honda Civic periodically ( monthly once or so during rainy season), helps with keeping the windshield hydrophobic and never caused any wiper judder.
Old Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 19:12   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
I have been using RainX on my uncoated Honda Civic periodically ( monthly once or so during rainy season), helps with keeping the windshield hydrophobic and never caused any wiper judder.
Will definitely try this, Appreciate the suggestion!
Old 31st July 2023, 10:44   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I believe there is no difference in the quality of materials used or the fit and finish between VW and Skoda cars (at least between Kodiaq and Tiguan). It is the approach to the design and detailing of VW interiors (just like their exterior) which many perceive as drab, boring or unexciting. They are filled with plain surfaces, straight lines with minimal variation in colour/contrast.
Skoda interiors (and exterior) tend to be little more dramatic.
Personally I like the 'all black' interior on my Tiguan Allspace and more time time I spend (due to the traffic jams, you get to take closer look at it ) more I have come appreciate the functional designs with subtle elements but with no drama.

I too thought to myself initially, is it the simple straightforward design of the Tiguan Vs. the flashier interiors of the Kodiaq that are confusing me or is it legit the quality of the Kodiaq being superior. After reading your post I still do feel the Skoda Kodiaq somehow trumped the VW Tiguan in overall build and finish, surprisingly.
It's very good for us here with our bevy of taxes to have Skoda provide the same if it not greater fit and finish as the usually more expensive from factory Volkswagen.

Thanks for your reply Guna : )
Maky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 11:01   #1310
BHPian

Windshield crack on Highway
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-whatsapp-image-20230731-10.14.07-am.jpeg
I noticed a smaller crack upon zooming in and reached out to the service center to inquire about the next steps. They recommended getting it replaced, but I wanted to seek the opinion of this group before making a decision. They mentioned that it should be covered by the insurance claim.
Old 31st July 2023, 12:33   #1311
BHPian

I would go ahead and get the same replaced via Insurance. I'm not aware of where you stand with respect to your NCB so you need to factor that in. Either ways(insurance or out of your pocket), I am never comfortable keeping a crack on windshield and would get it addressed.
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 14:21   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebear View Post
Windshield crack on Highway
Attachment 2483993
I noticed a smaller crack upon zooming in and reached out to the service center to inquire about the next steps. They recommended getting it replaced, but I wanted to seek the opinion of this group before making a decision. They mentioned that it should be covered by the insurance claim.
Did they give you a quote for the windshield replacement?. My Kodiaq's windshield suffered multiple stone chips but no cracks yet. I might need replacement at some point.

Did you explore repairing the crack? I believe some offer repair services for cracks and stone chips. I might try that option first.

Last edited by novice : 31st July 2023 at 14:24.
Old 31st July 2023, 14:50   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
Did they give you a quote for the windshield replacement?. My Kodiaq's windshield suffered multiple stone chips but no cracks yet. I might need replacement at some point.

Did you explore repairing the crack? I believe some offer repair services for cracks and stone chips. I might try that option first.
I did not get a concrete number however including the windshield and consumables, its around Rs 46K and insurance will pay for it.
Old 31st July 2023, 16:40   #1314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebear View Post
I noticed a smaller crack upon zooming in and reached out to the service center to inquire about the next steps. They recommended getting it replaced, but I wanted to seek the opinion of this group before making a decision.
I'd recommend change it asap. Usually windshield cracks become bigger over a relatively short period of time. Its being covered by insurance - best to change it.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 20:24   #1315

Quote:
Body coating for my Kodiaq - A bit unconventional route:

Monthly once: ( Average time: 2 hours) Pressure wash ( cordless one from Amazon)
Absolutely God-level detailing procedure and shine on the cars. Really impressed.
I have been frantically trying to maintain my i20 (uncoated) for the last 5 years, much to the annoyance of the wife on the amount of time i spend on detailing the car. I also had a guy to clean the car but I always ended up cleaning/washing and polishing it myself.

I've recently switched to Sonax Extreme Shine Detailer after trying multiple 3M and Turtle Wax products. For the front wind-shield I use Turtle wax clear view - works wonders. For tyres - ArmorAll tyre cleaner and then 3M tyre dresser. A ton of microfibre cloths, separate for body, glass, interior, tyres, etc.

Attching pic of my car because I wanted to share with someone who shares the same enthusiasm. Although it is not nearly as well detailed as both your cars, but I pride on the shine I can extract with the limited time I can devote without being locked outside the house by the "home minister".

Wanted to ask about which cordless pressure washer do you use. I have shifted to a township recently which does not allow to take water for car washing.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230708_21130101.jpeg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230708_21124601.jpeg  

Live_to_Drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 22:43   #1316

Blapunkt dashcam any opinion?

Hello all, as the wait for the all new kodiaq comes towards delivery, I had a word with jmd skoda in Mumbai about dashcam. Accessories guy told me they will install only Blapunk dashcam for 17k. Does anyone have any experience with Blapunkt.
Old 1st August 2023, 09:50   #1317
BHPian

Lateral AC vent flow adjuster is free & not working now in two of the vents. I inspected closely & found this piece lying detached. Don't know why it happened - maybe kids playing with.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230725_201530.jpg

Also, after crossing 15K mark, oil change service reminder keeps popping up inspite of having it done before time.

Seems like workshop hasn't reset the service interval during the job. Hopefully it doesn't come in between any warranty claims of the future. To be on safer side, I have informed them on phone & on mail as well.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230725_150451.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230725_150437.jpg
SilverSmoke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 19:13   #1318
BHPian

Completed 5500 KMS in the last 3 months. The SUV is holding well so far. I will hopefully pen down a short term review soon.

Finally managed to take out some time with OBD Eleven that I got a few months back. Connected it and fiddled around a few features. Removed the 80/120 speed chimes and it worked like a charm. No more constant dings when you hit 120.
Old 2nd August 2023, 02:12   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Removed the 80/120 speed chimes and it worked like a charm. No more constant dings when you hit 120.
I tried with it but keeps popping up with errors. It will great if you share the steps you followed with OBD Eleven.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 10:39   #1320

I recently took delivery of a white Kodiaq Sportline last month. Have driven it for 1000kms and absolutely love the way she drives. Handles so well and no better looking car at this price point.

Some of the issues i have faced as below

1. My number plate covers almost 20% of the screen for the reverse parking camera. Is it the same for you all?
2. Can anyone tell me what is this device just below the steering wheel? Looks like a sensor maybe?
3. Driver door projector lamp with the skoda badging is hanging loose. Felt the door wasn't closing properly then noticed this. Has damaged some of the rubber lining on door frame.
4. Rear right door open warning light came on while driving. Came right after I crossed a bump in the road. Found the door wasn't locked properly. Nobody has sat in the back seat so don't know how that happened.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4302.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4300.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4303.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks