Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2023, 20:04   #1156
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr ST View Post
Hi to all new Kodiaq users
Our Tiguan Allspace is reaching the 60000 km mark. I saw some questions regarding the fuel to be used and about wireless chargers. Want to clarify based on my experiences with Tiguan Allspace and Skoda Superb.
1) Fuel- whatever your service personnel says, please stick to XP95
2) Wireless chargers are useless. We can use it to boil eggs rather than charging your phone. Please use a wired charger for the health of your phone. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Regards
True. XP95 makes a whole load of difference. When we picked up the car it came filled with normal 91 RON petrol and the engine sounded a bit gruff. I have since switched to XP95 and the engine is a lot more refined and silent. You only hear the growl on accelerating beyond 3k -4k rpm and it's still sporty to ears. Sports mode makes it a lot more punchy and is a delight to floor it.

Wireless charger is poorly implemented and USB C port seems to charge quickly.
vjbox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 22:30   #1157
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to experiment with XP100. So the last time I visited IOCL pump, I tanked up the car with XP100 @ Rs. 160/ltr . It took in about 45 litres, and the previous fuel has always been XP95 since day one. So I think it was a crude mix of 98 Ron petrol now.

After about 300 kms on the same tank full, I am feeling that the engine is smoother and upshifts are not as jerky as before. Slight feeling of knocking while climbing a steep slope of a parking basement is not present. I also did a launch test, and I got 0-100 in 8.1 seconds, with ESC Sport, wonder if it'll be quicker with TCS completely off. In gear acceleration has improved. The next time, its going to be difficult to settle for XP95, but I cannot justify at all, the use of a fuel that is 60% more expensive for the above mentioned benefits. XP95 costs Rs. 103/ltr in Gujarat.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 09:08   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
If you want Michelin's, hunt a set of Primacy 4 in the stock size, do not settle for anything less. Continental SC5 is good too. Pirelli Scorpion Verde is another option, and the are runflat tyres. The new entrant, Vredestein Ultrac Vorti in stock size is a very good tyre too. If I were in your place, I would find a set of Michelin Primacy 4 or else get the Vredestein.
Was looking to replace the tyres on my Kodiaq too, and am unable to find the Michelins or Vredesteins. Found Vredestein with one dealer but it’s a Nov 2021 product. Found Michelin Primacy 4 too yesterday, and while I’m awaiting a confirmation on the manufacturing week details, I was told it may be a late 2021 product. That’s like 18 months old. Do I go ahead with the Michelin or wait for a newer (recent manufacturing) set of tyres?

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th May 2023 at 08:34. Reason: Minor typo
Old 11th May 2023, 09:30   #1159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin Bhatt View Post
Was looking to replace the tyres on my Kodiaq too, and am unable to find the Michelins or Vredesteins. Found Vredestein with one dealer but it’s a Nov 2021 product. Found Michelin Primacy 4 too yesterday, and while I’mawaiting a confirmation on the manufacturing week details, I was told it may be a late 2021 product. That’s like 18 months old. Do I go ahead with the Michelin or wait for a newer (recent manufacturing) set of tyres?
If your yearly mileage is more than 15000 kms, you can go ahead with slightly older product. Normally, if you wait and persuade the tyre dealer, he will place a special order for you and the manufacturer will take up a fresh production. But this might not be the case with imported tyres. You can contact the distributor of Apollo / Vredestein in your state, and wait for a fresh batch to arrive. Check stock in different cities too. Kodiaq’s tyre size is odd, hence not many options available even for upsizing. If one decided to upgrade to 19” wheels, then tyre options increase. Out of the current lot, my pick would be Vredestein Ultrac Vorti in stock size.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 11:19   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin Bhatt View Post
Was looking to replace the tyres on my Kodiaq too, and am unable to find the Michelins or Vredesteins. Found Vredestein with one dealer but it’s a Nov 2021 product. Found Michelin Primacy 4 too yesterday, and while I’mawaiting a confirmation on the manufacturing week details, I was told it may be a late 2021 product. That’s like 18 months old. Do I go ahead with the Michelin or wait for a newer (recent manufacturing) set of tyres?
Please check with Saifee Tyres, Santacruz. For Kodiaq, you may get Michelin Pilot Sport 4 IIRC.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 22:03   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Wanted to experiment with XP100. So the last time I visited IOCL pump, I tanked up the car with XP100 @ Rs. 160/ltr . It took in about 45 litres, and the previous fuel has always been XP95 since day one. So I think it was a crude mix of 98 Ron petrol now.

After about 300 kms on the same tank full, I am feeling that the engine is smoother and upshifts are not as jerky as before. Slight feeling of knocking while climbing a steep slope of a parking basement is not present. I also did a launch test, and I got 0-100 in 8.1 seconds, with ESC Sport, wonder if it'll be quicker with TCS completely off. In gear acceleration has improved. The next time, its going to be difficult to settle for XP95, but I cannot justify at all, the use of a fuel that is 60% more expensive for the above mentioned benefits. XP95 costs Rs. 103/ltr in Gujarat.
Very true! I tried about 20 lts of XP100 today and it felt even nicer! It could be me but I felt the in gear acceleration was much better. Power delivery was nicer overall and the engine felt very settled yet eager when pushed in comfort mode too. But again I can't justify the price delta and I think I will make peace with XP95 which seems to offer the best both worlds.
vjbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 15:51   #1162
BHPian

Next Gen Kodiaq & Superb working out together.

ETA - Late 2023.

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/...arctic-circle/
Old 13th May 2023, 02:15   #1163
BHPian

The door edge protectors are a great feature.
I have the new Tiguan and was wondering if this can be retrofitted to my car? Most of the accessories on the Kodiaq work well on the Tiguan.
Old 13th May 2023, 06:34   #1164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
I have the new Tiguan and was wondering if this can be retrofitted to my car? Most of the accessories on the Kodiaq work well on the Tiguan.
I seriously doubt it as I don't think it is globally available anywhere in the Tiguan.

It needs not only the plastic/rubber guard itself + sensors to sense the impending door closure + the mechanical arm and motor that pops it out just in time.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 07:33   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
I had checked this with the skoda service center to fit this plastic piece on Kodiaqs itself which did not come with this feature. The deliveries of Kodiaqs which started from 2022 till March 2023, didn't have this feature. But reply was negative. They said it was factory integrated and they can't fit it additionally. I wonder what will skoda do if one of them goes bad in an existing vehicle, how will they ensure its fitted back?
kurups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 18:32   #1166
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post
I wonder what will skoda do if one of them goes bad in an existing vehicle, how will they ensure its fitted back?
It's freely available aftermarket including all the child parts in Europe at least. I'm sure Skoda India will have replacements in inventory.
Old 14th May 2023, 01:21   #1167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
It's freely available aftermarket including all the child parts in Europe at least. I'm sure Skoda India will have replacements in inventory.

A month back, I enquired Skoda ASS whether gun metal alloys are still available in case anything goes wrong with wheels, as now they are thing of past?

I was told everything your car came with, will be made available at Skoda workshop whenever required, no matter what current model bears. However, that certainly doesn't means one can fit older alloys in newer Kodiaq - company doesn't allows it.

Hence, I think it's a hard play.
Old 14th May 2023, 03:20   #1168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Hence, I think it's a hard play.
You misunderstood. My response was to @kurups last query about replacements for existing door protectors, should they stop working or break within or outside warranty.

Retrofitting will be impossible in my layman's opinion.
Old 14th May 2023, 09:03   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
You misunderstood. My response was to @kurups last query about replacements for existing door protectors, should they stop working or break within or outside warranty.

Retrofitting will be impossible in my layman's opinion.

Yes, even though for simpler components like alloys it seems feasible, company won't allow.
Old 14th May 2023, 17:55   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
If your yearly mileage is more than 15000 kms, you can go ahead with slightly older product. Normally, if you wait and persuade the tyre dealer, he will place a special order for you and the manufacturer will take up a fresh production. But this might not be the case with imported tyres. You can contact the distributor of Apollo / Vredestein in your state, and wait for a fresh batch to arrive. Check stock in different cities too. Kodiaq’s tyre size is odd, hence not many options available even for upsizing. If one decided to upgrade to 19” wheels, then tyre options increase. Out of the current lot, my pick would be Vredestein Ultrac Vorti in stock size.
Thanks. Have continued my search. And it’s amazing how disorganised this space is. When you have thought that you have reached out to authorised tyre dealers of all the makes you have shortlisted and hence covered all ground, you realise with each following call that someone reverts with availability of tyres through some network of theirs. Any way, the latest news is that there are 4 Michelin Sport 3s available but of 17th week of 2022, and another dealer from Delhi reverted that he has Yokohama Geolandar SUV G055 which are Feb 2022 and he said he will be able to arrange for tyres of last quarter of 2022 if he connects with the company directly tmrw. Any feedback on the Geolandar SUV G055s?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks