Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2022, 21:27   #856
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post
Attaching the latest brochure downloaded just a week back from Skoda India website after a compulsory chat with their chatbot. Hill hold control is available in all variants of the Kodiaq.
Hill hold is indeed standard across variants, i was mentioning "hill descent control" which is missing.
Old 9th December 2022, 10:31   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Hill hold is indeed standard across variants, i was mentioning "hill descent control" which is missing.
Here is a snapshot from the manual , with full explanation. While they have used hill hold interchangeably, but the functionality clearly defines that it means hill descent control as it talks about driving downhill.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-hill-descent.jpeg  

Old 9th December 2022, 12:19   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
Here is a snapshot from the manual , with full explanation. While they have used hill hold interchangeably, but the functionality clearly defines that it means hill descent control as it talks about driving downhill.
So, hill hold and descent is simultaneously activated. Still one confusion though. One of the operating condition is Off road mode to be ON. However, this feature is absent in Style/Sportline but has hill hold control. Do these get hill descent then? Seeming like a paradox
Old 10th December 2022, 12:59   #859
BHPian

Car smashed from back by truck. Will get back with updates. Family absolutely safe. Getting RSA done. Car getting towed to workshop.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20221210_114454.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20221210_114444.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20221210_114500.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th December 2022 at 13:12. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Sorry to see this! :(
SilverSmoke is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 19:12   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Car smashed from back by truck. Will get back with updates. Family absolutely safe. Getting RSA done. Car getting towed to workshop.
Oh my god, this looks like a horrible accident. Hope you and your family is safe. Pls do keep us posted and reach out for any help.
Fun_to_drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 23:23   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Really sorry to see this. Looks really bad. Thank God that your family and you are safe.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 08:07   #862

Quote:
Prayers with you and your family. So sorry that you have to go through this with your new car. Hope the repairs happen in a jiffy and the car comes back to you in pristine condition.
Vocalanesthesia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 10:22   #863

Hi Everyone

Taking delivery of my Kodiaq L&K - Lava Blue tomorrow. I will be posting my entire car selection and ownership journey in a couple of weeks. Just wanted to know if there are any key pointers while taking delivery that i should be aware about (Apart the ones mentioned in the PDI Checklist). This would be my first car in this price range and hence i am a little nervous.
srinivasan.iyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 14:27   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasan.iyer View Post
Hi Everyone

Taking delivery of my Kodiaq L&K - Lava Blue tomorrow. I will be posting my entire car selection and ownership journey in a couple of weeks. Just wanted to know if there are any key pointers while taking delivery that i should be aware about (Apart the ones mentioned in the PDI Checklist). This would be my first car in this price range and hence i am a little nervous.
Many congratulations. The showroom people provide normal petrol, just take enough to get to nearest iocl and fill it up with xp95. And this color deserves a ppf. Keep sharing your experience.
Old 11th December 2022, 16:49   #865
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocalanesthesia View Post
Prayers with you and your family. So sorry that you have to go through this with your new car. Hope the repairs happen in a jiffy and the car comes back to you in pristine condition.
I think it would be beyond repair, the body shell looks distorted and rear C pillars are severely damaged. I could be wrong though.
Old 11th December 2022, 18:29   #866
BHPian

Many thanks for all your wishes.

Though she is broke, I am quite satisfied with her build quality - she saved all 5 family members with kids. Kodiaq has now become a benchmark for build quality in my life.

Here is today's update:

Preliminary inspection suggest no damage to chassis, ECU, wheels & suspension. Engine needs to be checked thoroughly. Damage mostly absorbed into the body shell.

No airbag deployment took place. Maybe because impact was not at the level of sensors.

Also, though insurance is zero depreciation with RTI, I have been told that "salvage" charges of 2 L have to be paid by you - its not mentioned in writing anywhere in the policy or in any disclosure / documents - hence I am in no mood to pay that charge.

Total inspection & survey shall take up to 15 days & car handover shall take 60 days, depending upon parts availability in India & in Czech Republic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasan.iyer View Post
Just wanted to know if there are any key pointers while taking delivery that i should be aware about.
Just ask about these salvage charges in insurance - get them in writing.

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th December 2022 at 17:47. Reason: Minor typos. [Very sorry to hear about the incident - glad no one hurt.]
SilverSmoke is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 20:21   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks for all your wishes.

Though she is broke, I am quite satisfied with her built quality - she saved all 5 family members with kids. Kodiaq has now become a benchmark for built quality in my life.

Here is today's update:

Premilinary inspection suggest no damage to chassis, ECU, wheels & suspension. Engine needs to be checked thoroughly. Damage mostly absorbed into the body shell.

No airbag deployment took place. Maybe because impact was not at the level of sensors.

Also, though insurance is zero debt with RTI, I have been told that "salvage" charges of 2 L have to be paid by you - its not mentioned in written anywhere in the policy or in any disclosure / documents - hence I am in no mood to pay that charge.

Total inspection & survey shall take upto 15 days & car handover shall take 60 days. - depending upon parts availability in India & in Czech Republic.

Just ask about these salvage charges in insurance - get them in writing.
Glad you and your family are safe and I appreciate your decision to value safety as one of the key reasons to opt for Kodiaq.

I am not sure and will not got fully with the service centre's assessment on integrity of the chassis. Maybe more will be revealed once they start the in depth inspection of the chassis.

I am sure the core structure/cabin might have absorbed some serious forces while sandwiched between two vehicles. If you can take the financial hit then I would suggest you sell off the vehicle and buy a new Kodiaq.

What's up with 'Salvage Charges' when they are claiming that the vehicle can be repaired fully and that too 2L is too high of a charge even when considering total loss. Please stick to your ground and don't pay any such charges which are unheard of. Please keep us posted on the progress.

Wishing you are reunited with a Kodiaq very soon.
ranjith_cbz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 14:10   #868

Background

moved back to India in December 2019. I started using my dad's Honda Jazz for daily rides to work and other things. Dad had already stopped driving and now prefers Ola or Uber.
I had plans to buy a new car after coming back and was always smitten by the looks and performance of the Octavia. Then came COVID, and we dropped all plans to get a car soon. we werent going anywhere!

The itch to get "my first" car started again in 2022, and I started looking at existing cars and new cars that would be launched.*

Requirements :*

We are a family of four, and here are our preferences in descending order.

1. Driving Dynamics and Performance
2. Safety and comfort for two adults at the front and two growing kids at the back
3. Good suspension setup for Indian roads
4. Good interiors
5. Good music system

Some other simple requirements

It had to be a petrol automatic.*

The initial budget was set at around 20-30 L after discussion with wifey.

The contenders

1.* Jeep Compass—I had my heart set on it once I saw it in flesh after coming back to India. The facelift also improved the interior quality.
The TD experience was meh. The petrol engine did not appeal to me.felt lethargic for such a big car. Also, the space inside is a letdown. Still was my first crush, but it wasn't to be.

2. Hyundai Tucson -* During* college days and my early career, I drove my dad's Santro / i10 / i20 a lot. I didn't like any of them, so I assumed we wouldn't get another Hyundai.
I saw the upcoming launch of the Tucson and saw / read the international reviews. The car is a looker. I loved it. I thought we would definitely have to wait for it.*
Saw the India launch, but then saw the petrol specs - disappointed. 153 bhp and 192 nm of torque? in a 30L car! I still thought, "Let's do a TD," but the showroom never sent a petrol for a TD. The salesman flatly stated that there is no petrol version of the TD.
It was probably for the best. dropped.

3. Octavia/Superb: / loved the Octavia's smooth ride, awesome comfort, and good build. There was a problem with availability.I saw tons of reviews and drooled over it every time. I would have booked it right away, but my family had started moving towards SUVs, so we at least had to consider other SUVs before we said yes to the Octavia.

I also tried the superb again and found it to be excellent.no complaints. However, an Octavia would have sufficed.didn't need the "longer" Superb.

4. VW Tiguan
I liked the car, felt very nimble to drive, and it had plenty going for it. had started considering it seriously and went for a second TD with family this time. They liked the car but were not wowed by it. The interiors feel bland, the seats are OK, and it would not feel luxurious even after spending 41 big ones. kept in consideration but did not finalize.
In the midst of all of this, we considered the Kushaq, which was significantly less expensive than the Tiguan.Thread here: - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...omparison.html (23-lakh Skoda Kushaq vs 41-lakh VW Tiguan | Is it a fair comparison?)
Most folks suggested getting the Kushaq or go for the Kodiaq.

5. Kodiaq*
During all of this TDing and researching, I asked my kids (8 and 11) to make a spreadsheet with all of the features we wanted in a car and fill it out for each of the shortlisted vehicles. They came back after a few days and said Kodiaq is the winner. I knew the Kodiaq was a solid car and was recommended to buy it by my German neighbour who works for VW. Discussed again with wifey and we agreed it will not be a strech for us to go for a 40L KODIAQ.

But it was already sold out for 2022, and I called the dealers, and they said they weren't taking bookings. But suddenly, sometime in August, they declared they were taking bookings for Q1 2023.
When I inquired again, I was told that there would be a 6-month wait with delivery in March 2023.Went with family to the showroom, saw a parked Kodiaq, checked it out, but did not get to drive it.

6. BMW X1: Since we had put the Kodiaq on the shortlist On the same day we saw the Kodiaq, we visited the BMW showroom and drove the X1. The drive is smooth, the performance is good, and it has the snob badge. But that's it; there's nothing else I could like.
Interiors are just ok—there is a lack of space and features.struck it out.

I returned with the impression that Kodiaq is providing so much for so little, or, as GTO puts it, "value luxury."

paid the booking amount for a Lava Blue Kodiaq L&K on 22nd September 22. Then the wait started.*

Why we booked the Kodiaq without driving it

1. Luxurious Interiors
2. Awesome reviews within the forum and outside. I didn't hear a single negative comment about the drive or performance.
3. Loaded with safety features
4. Amazing music system
5. It has fantastic looks and the added benefit of seating two children in the third row.
6. Quality inside and out

The booking and delivery experience

As is currently the state of things, it's a sellers' market, and we buyers are at the mercy of most dealers and manufacturers. I had booked the Kodiaq but was wary of waiting for six months. I was always on the lookout for something better.
kept calling the dealer every 1-2 weeks. One day he mentioned there is a white superb available, but by the time I got back to him, he said it had gone. Then he mentioned that there was a Lava Blue Kodiaq available, but only if I paid in full as soon as possible. I said I would take a loan, but that will take a few days at least. I called him back after a few hours, and he said it was taken by someone who paid the full amount.

So I told him to keep an eye out and let me know if another allocation became available; this time, I will pay some downpayment and process the loan as soon as possible.

I have no idea how allocations happen. Skoda India appears to manufacture white and grey in large quantities but not lava blue and black. Allocations are also happening randomly, and either people are not claiming their allocations or the dealers play a game of who has the most money to throw and push the car their way. There's no way to tell. That's the way things work here.

Fast forward two months, and on November 29, I got a call again that I may be able to get a Graphite Grey Kodiaq L&K as it is allocated to them. I tried to dig into it, like whose allocation it was initially, but got no satisfactory answer. I talked it over with my family, and they all agreed on Graphite Grey.I went down to the showroom, met the showroom manager, paid 10L, and confirmed. They immediately started the loan process, and within 2–3 days my loan was approved, and they sort of pressured me to release the disbursement. I went again and checked out the car in person, confirmed the VIN, and did a basic PDI.*

I bargained hard for the insurance and finally got them to give me TATA AIG's full comprehensive 1+3 plan for 102k. I couldn't haggle for the accessory set, which was going to set me back 23k, up from 17k in June 2022.

Delivery time was set to be on December 9, but due to delays in getting insurance (they had trouble getting approval for matching the external quote), it got pushed to December 11.

I took it out of the showroom after all the customs and filled her up with Shell v Power. I will be looking for xp95 bunks for next time.

The family is ecstatic on getting this amazing car, and we soon want to go on some longish drives!

Thanks for reading!

I haven't had a chance to take better pictures of her since delivery day.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-whatsapp-image-20221213-2.06.13-pm.jpeg  

Attached Images

nks81 is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 15:46   #869

Quote:
Thankfully occupants are safe. hope you get your kodiaq back in good condition.
nks81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 12:59   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nks81 View Post
Background

moved back to India in December 2019. I started using my dad's Honda Jazz for daily rides to work and other things. Dad had already stopped driving and now prefers Ola or Uber.
I had plans to buy a new car after coming back and was always smitten by the looks and performance of the Octavia. Then came COVID, and we dropped all plans to get a car soon. we werent going anywhere!

The family is ecstatic on getting this amazing car, and we soon want to go on some longish drives!

Thanks for reading!

I haven't had a chance to take better pictures of her since delivery day.
Congratulations on the new car. It certainly is value luxury.

Did you ever consider the Hector or Harrier? If not, why?

Most Viewed