Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2024, 13:21   #1606
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

One another note on PUC certificates:-

The online link to prove that your vehicle's PUC certificate is valid if the testing was done in Karnataka state is:-

https://etc.karnataka.gov.in/ReportingUser/Scgr1.aspx

Plz keep this handy as the data from the testing centers in Karnataka State are not synchronised to the central govts MParivahan App

This being a state govt website, will not be disputed. Though Karnataka cops might be aware of this, it becomes handy when you go to other states and cops don't find your details on the MParivahan app.

Last edited by kurups : 26th January 2024 at 13:23.
kurups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 10:52   #1607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Pollution Control Certificate - Kodiaq not listed in Bangalore RTO database!

Any of fellow Team BHP members have got their pollution certificate done in Bangalore yet, and did you face this issue?
BHPians who have completed an year with the Kodiaq - would like to hear from you all, as a lot of us will near the 1 yr timeline soon.

Anyway, here is a way out when I enquired about this concern at a nearest PUC center. The guy checked and reverted that Skoda Kodiaq is not yet updated by RTO or that it's not showing up in his software too in Bangalore.

As a way out, he suggested that the Car make can be selected as Skoda and Model can be chosen as a generic name like "Car" or "SUV" (that's available in the software) instead of being specific with the exact model like Kushaq/Kodiaq.

With all other details being captured in the PUC certificate viz., the Vehicle Registration number, Photo of the vehicle along with the number plate plus the RC copy would be enough for any cop to be satisfied.

Hope this helps.
kurups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 07:36   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post
BHPians who have completed an year with the Kodiaq - would like to hear from you all, as a lot of us will near the 1 yr timeline soon.

Anyway, here is a way out when I enquired about this concern at a nearest PUC center. The guy checked and reverted that Skoda Kodiaq is not yet updated by RTO or that it's not showing up in his software too in Bangalore.

As a way out, he suggested that the Car make can be selected as Skoda and Model can be chosen as a generic name like "Car" or "SUV" (that's available in the software) instead of being specific with the exact model like Kushaq/Kodiaq.

With all other details being captured in the PUC certificate viz., the Vehicle Registration number, Photo of the vehicle along with the number plate plus the RC copy would be enough for any cop to be satisfied.

Hope this helps.
I had tried two more different PUC centers to confirm that the problem was not specific to the one I visited first. Having gotten similar advice as above from my Skoda sales advisor ( who in turn checked with some RTO official), visited the PUC again. However, once you select Skoda, there are no generic options such as SUV or CAR available - see screenshot below. Finally, registered mine as Kushaq Style 1.5 TSI AT as a desperate measure to get my insurance renewal
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_8026.jpeg  

Old Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 09:40   #1609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I had tried two more different PUC centers to confirm that the problem was not specific to the one I visited first. Having gotten similar advice as above from my Skoda sales advisor ( who in turn checked with some RTO official), visited the PUC again. However, once you select Skoda, there are no generic options such as SUV or CAR available - see screenshot below. Finally, registered mine as Kushaq Style 1.5 TSI AT as a desperate measure to get my insurance renewal
Hopefully the RTO/PUC center updation will happen soon. Will check with the guy who gave the suggestion of Car/SUV once again and revert if I hv a positive news.

Last edited by kurups : 1st February 2024 at 09:49.
Old 5th February 2024, 22:38   #1610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
Here is the Video, it feels far worse than what the video shows.
http://Youtube.com/watch?v=7PnrBkyjk...3Q_IzTMoW2MGqU
Im having the same issue. Done 9500 kms in almost two years. Scared!

Anyone found the root cause? Whats a good servuce center in Delhi?
Old 6th February 2024, 10:08   #1611

Hi everyone
I’m getting my first annual service done for my kodiaq sportline and i have the maintenance package so it’s free for the first 4 years. Some doubts though.
Additionally they were asking to add cleaning of ac coil in the dashboard along with the lubrication of doors, handles and sunroof which was amounting to almost 5k extra. Don’t even get me started on the cleaning and washing charges which was another 5k on top of that to which i obviously said no.
Also they asked me to do wheel alignment and balancing which i said not required as my car has only done 5500km and i don’t feel any issues when driving. I just told them to do the tyre rotation. Was i right in doing this?
Some insight on the above would be appreciated.
Old 6th February 2024, 11:31   #1612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutsurd411 View Post
Hi everyone
I’m getting my first annual service done for my kodiaq sportline and i have the maintenance package so it’s free for the first 4 years. Some doubts though.
Additionally they were asking to add cleaning of ac coil in the dashboard along with the lubrication of doors, handles and sunroof which was amounting to almost 5k extra. Don’t even get me started on the cleaning and washing charges which was another 5k on top of that to which i obviously said no.
Also they asked me to do wheel alignment and balancing which i said not required as my car has only done 5500km and i don’t feel any issues when driving. I just told them to do the tyre rotation. Was i right in doing this?
Some insight on the above would be appreciated.
None of these items are needed to be done given the car has done only 5.5k in the first year.

They were trying to fleece you with additional stuff. Tire rotation too can be done post 10k.
GoBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 14:16   #1613
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a 2022 L&K Kodiaq. Done about 9500 Kms. Mostly city. Sedate driving with occasional adrenaline rushes that this marvelous machine give out thanks to its amazing engine. I have used regular petrol from day one. Now recently there was hard shuddering while acceleration - an issue that has been discussed here amongst other Kodiaq/ Octavia owners. I feel that it has something to do with the fuel rating so am planning to move over to premium fuel. Should i just fill up with premium fuel at my next refueling or should I first get the injectors/ tank etc cleaned up? I am approaching the second year service milestone. I am hoping that the shudder would go away one the fuel quality improves.
Appreciate insights from others on this. Thanks in advance!

Ash
@PetrolheadASH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 19:25   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @PetrolheadASH View Post
Im having the same issue. Done 9500 kms in almost two years. Scared!

Anyone found the root cause? Whats a good servuce center in Delhi?
The problem persisted in one or the other form for three tank refills and then everything went back to normal. My current assessment is one bad quality refuel triggered it and it took two more refills for it stabilize.
novice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 19:41   #1615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Should i just fill up with premium fuel at my next refueling or should I first get the injectors/ tank etc cleaned up? I am approaching the second year service milestone. I am hoping that the shudder would go away one the fuel quality improves.
More than 'premium', you need to specifically look for 95 octane (like XP95) petrol. So called 'Premium' petrol can be just the regular 91 octane petrol with some additives.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 08:11   #1616
BHPian

Quote:
The problem persisted in one or the other form for three tank refills and then everything went back to normal. My current assessment is one bad quality refuel triggered it and it took two more refills for it stabilize.
Thanks @novice for the update on the your issue. By the way what was the service centers first reaction to this issue - did they suggest any major work or they too just suggested to continue riding, but with the Octane 95 fuel?

@PetrolheadASH - keep updating the group on how you came out of the issue whenever it's done so that owners don't lose their confidence on the vehicle. I was wondering in this group of few hundred members itself, we already have two people reporting this issue, so how bad this could be!!

Anyway thanks for the update guys. Helps retain the confidence that nothing is too bad with the vehicle if we follow the fuel instructions.
Old 7th February 2024, 09:39   #1617
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I have a 2022 L&K Kodiaq. Done about 9500 Kms. Mostly city. Sedate driving with occasional adrenaline rushes that this marvelous machine give out thanks to its amazing engine. I have used regular petrol from day one. Now recently there was hard shuddering while acceleration - an issue that has been discussed here amongst other Kodiaq/ Octavia owners. I feel that it has something to do with the fuel rating so am planning to move over to premium fuel. Should i just fill up with premium fuel at my next refueling or should I first get the injectors/ tank etc cleaned up? I am approaching the second year service milestone. I am hoping that the shudder would go away one the fuel quality improves.
Appreciate insights from others on this. Thanks in advance!

Ash
While taking delivery of my Kodiaq, I had specifically asked if I need to use petrol of higher octane rating but was advised to use the regular one itself. I have driven for over 2000 kms using regular petrol but haven't faced any issue yet.

Quote:
Even I feel it could be due to the fuel quality. Do you use regular or high octane rated petrol?
Old 7th February 2024, 09:53   #1618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp@chn View Post
While taking delivery of my Kodiaq, I had specifically asked if I need to use petrol of higher octane rating but was advised to use the regular one itself. I have driven for over 2000 kms using regular petrol but haven't faced any issue yet.

Even I feel it could be due to the fuel quality. Do you use regular or high octane rated petrol?
The Sales team are mostly clueless about these aspects and just say something to close the deal. I own Tiguan Petrol and the sticker clearly says 'Min RON95'. So it makes sense to use only RON95 and above petrol. I am sure it must be the same for the Kodiaq as well. I always prefer to go by what the manual and the stickering on the car says rather than the sales team or even to some extent service team says. These manuals are well reviewed by the technical teams.
nagarjun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 01:18   #1619
BHPian

Octane 91 fuel will not immediately force the engine to misbehave erratically. Soot/carbon builds up gradually - more quickly on hard accelerations.

If you drive sedately forever, one might not note the jerks even for a very long time. Hence, 2000 KMs is quite little to judge engine damage in the long run.
Old 22nd February 2024, 16:01   #1620
BHPian

Hi All. Sent the car for is year 2 service. Clocked 10000 Kms. The service center has given the following estimate:

30000KM Paid service and washing. Engine oil replacement, Oil filter replacement, -Air filter replacement, Ac filter replacement, Brake oil replacement, Drain plug replacement, Washer fluid replace, Cowl top cleaning, Coolant top up, Scanning, Inspection, Brake cleaning, General check up, Washing and cleaning. Total estimate 22000+ Tax

They are also suggesting replacing the Haldex coupling oil (that lubricates the 4x4 system). Rs.13500. I read that this should be changed at 30,000 Kms or 3 years so declined.

Additional work suggested:

Wheel alignment and wheel balancing and tyre rotation 2500+ weight
Ac vent cleaning 895+ tax
Dry cleaning 2000+ tax
Rubbing and polishing 2600+ tax
Sunroof lubrication and water drain line cleaning 5200+ tax

Im ok getting the above also but wanted to run it by the folks here.. what say?

I have also asked them to check the shudder issue-- it did not come up during the SA's test drive. They are reprogramming the DSG gearbox as i write this. If it does not come up, will just ask them to clean the fuel tank out and fill with 95 Octane fuel.

I feel that they are overcharging but i guess its better than a problem later on.

Why does Skoda service give you a feeling of uneasiness?

Thoughts on the above?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks