Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2022, 13:42   #826
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Hi All, Had this query:-

Some where Zac Hollis had clarified that the Skoda Kodiaqs planned for delivery in Q1 2023 will continue the same trim for the entire of 2023.

With this, can we safely assume the Q1 deliveries will also be BS6 - Phase 2 compliant, as after April 2023, sales, you anyway are supposed to comply with the Phase 2 norms.
Old 24th November 2022, 11:26   #827

Hi All - finally I am taking delivery of Kodiaq L&K Graphite Grey in Gurgaon tomorrow. Been a long wait. Thanks to many of you for sharing information here. Will share pictures and write up soon.

Question to all NCR owners - should we all do a kodiaq owners meetup? what do you say. @Mods - dont know what is the process to have an official team bhp group? I dont want to violate any forum rules but would love to meetup and share insights.
carObari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 15:24   #828
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Anyone looking for immediate delivery in South India for Kodiaq Sportline in white color please DM.

Thanks,
SRJ
Old 24th November 2022, 23:19   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carObari View Post
Hi All - finally I am taking delivery of Kodiaq L&K Graphite Grey in Gurgaon tomorrow. Been a long wait. Thanks to many of you for sharing information here. Will share pictures and write up soon.

Question to all NCR owners - should we all do a kodiaq owners meetup? what do you say. @Mods - dont know what is the process to have an official team bhp group? I dont want to violate any forum rules but would love to meetup and share insights.
Many congratulations and i am all up for a meeting. Even i am not aware of the process.

An update on the mileage, i ve been driving in peak hours traffic between Delhi to gurgaon for the past week. The conditions were probably as worse as it get get in NCR with lots of stop and go moments. I checked via tankfull to tankfull method and i got 9.4kmpl. It may not sound alot, but i feel for a car this size and what it offers, its not bad.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th November 2022 at 05:05. Reason: Backto back posts merged
Old 25th November 2022, 08:03   #830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
Many congratulations and i am all up for a meeting. Even i am not aware of the process.
@Fun_to_drive - Big thanks to you for sharing feedbacks and your journet. It gave me confidence to go ahead with Kodiaq. Even I was considering Q5 .Since both of us are newbies we cant DM each other. Do you mind dropping your number at gurpiarsibia at the rate g mail
Old 25th November 2022, 18:29   #831

Quote:
@Fun_to_drive - Big thanks to you for sharing feedbacks and your journet. It gave me confidence to go ahead with Kodiaq. Even I was considering Q5 .Since both of us are newbies we cant DM each other. Do you mind dropping your number at gurpiarsibia at the rate g mail
Hey @carObari, I was actually looking at getting the Kodiaq for a test drive but apparently, there are no showroom floor/ test drive cars available in delhi NCR.

Went to the Mega mall showroom and actually saw yours getting prepped for delivery !!

Would love to know the buying experience and first hand reviews as the sales advisor is asking me to book blind without a detailed look or a test drive.

PS: changing from a Santa fe 2013(model year 2011) just because it completes 10 years in 23. Absolutely love the Santa fe and it has served me for over 2L km over 10 years without any hassles / repairs whatsover !.
Can probably go another 5 years if not for the diesel ban.
Old 25th November 2022, 19:09   #832
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Hi fellow members, I have been in touch with my Sales Advisor from Mody Skoda - Andheri West. They seem to have a Lava Blue L&K available - update as on 12/11/22. In car you are looking for one do reach out to them.
They still have it in stock but are hell bent on adding all the extras on the price list (including the PPF) to make a sale!
manson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 20:35   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
They still have it in stock but are hell bent on adding all the extras on the price list (including the PPF) to make a sale!
I think with the Innova Hycross unveiling, Skoda may become more realistic and tone down their expectations from prospective customers. Maybe, we even see some discounts - or am I being too optimistic.

Last edited by Shreyas Aterkar : 25th November 2022 at 20:36.
Old 25th November 2022, 22:17   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think with the Innova Hycross unveiling, Skoda may become more realistic and tone down their expectations from prospective customers. Maybe, we even see some discounts - or am I being too optimistic.
A person who is going to buy an Innova Hycross (Toyota) will definitely won’t buy a Kodiaq. And I doubt any prospective buyer of Kodiaq will look at Hycross as an alternative. Both have totally different characters and I am sure different customer segment too.
sunikkat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 14:27   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
A person who is going to buy an Innova Hycross (Toyota) will definitely won’t buy a Kodiaq. And I doubt any prospective buyer of Kodiaq will look at Hycross as an alternative. Both have totally different characters and I am sure different customer segment too.
I understand where you are coming from. These are different segments one is more of a MUV and the other a SUV. Kodiaq is targeting a niche customer segment, and I do fall into the same. I love the Kodiaq (having owned Laura 1.8 TSI, I do like Skodas), but have been resisting buying it. Reason - this will be the only car in the house hence I am concerned about the DSG’s jerkiness in Mumbai traffic and somewhere a bit sceptical about long term reliability aspect as well especially given Kodiaq costs more than 45 lakhs. And I then I think, I might as well wait for another year in the hope for an update post the next phase of BSVI norms and hopeful resolution of the supply chain issues world wide.

That said, when I look at my requirements, I do feel that for me Hycross might well be a contender in addition to the Kodiaq. I never considered Crysta as the gap to bridge my requirement as compared to the Kodiaq was huge but Hycross bridges this gap significantly. It should have better dynamics than Crysta, though I am sure Kodiaq will trump the Hycross in this aspect any day. Interiors look better than Crysta and Hycross has whole host of features but quality needs to be seen. A detailed test drive and of course the Team bhp review would play a critical role in decision making for me.

Till then I will play the waiting game.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 19:27   #836
BHPian

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from. These are different segments one is more of a MUV and the other a SUV. Kodiaq is targeting a niche customer segment, and I do fall into the same. I love the Kodiaq (having owned Laura 1.8 TSI, I do like Skodas), but have been resisting buying it. Reason - this will be the only car in the house hence I am concerned about the DSG’s jerkiness in Mumbai traffic and somewhere a bit sceptical about long term reliability aspect as well especially given Kodiaq costs more than 45 lakhs. And I then I think, I might as well wait for another year in the hope for an update post the next phase of BSVI norms and hopeful resolution of the supply chain issues world wide.

That said, when I look at my requirements, I do feel that for me Hycross might well be a contender in addition to the Kodiaq. I never considered Crysta as the gap to bridge my requirement as compared to the Kodiaq was huge but Hycross bridges this gap significantly. It should have better dynamics than Crysta, though I am sure Kodiaq will trump the Hycross in this aspect any day. Interiors look better than Crysta and Hycross has whole host of features but quality needs to be seen. A detailed test drive and of course the Team bhp review would play a critical role in decision making for me.

Till then I will play the waiting game.
I haven't experienced any jerkiness with kodiaq till date. Highcross is tempting for sure because of the practicality and mileage it offers. But it depends on what you are looking for. The 7 seats practicality aside just imagine yourself driving both the cars alone (as that will be the scenario more than 70%of time). Which of the two pictures you like more, and you 'll have your answer. Personally i would always choose kodiaq over Hycross as it appeals more to my heart, and i love driving it alone as well.
Fun_to_drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 00:38   #837
BHPian

Hi all,

Any suggestions how I can see Kodiaq in person before making a booking? I am in the NCR. Any dealer with a display car?

I realise it is difficult as the car is sold out but wanted to check. My father is almost decided on Kodiaq car but is wanting to get a feel of it if not a test drive before making the plunge.

Thanks.

Quote:

@carObari, many congratulations on your new car. did you get a chance to see the car before you made a booking?

Last edited by attrip2008 : 27th November 2022 at 00:40. Reason: Missed some text
Old 27th November 2022, 12:00   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attrip2008 View Post
@carObari, many congratulations on your new car. did you get a chance to see the car before you made a booking?
I will be happy to show you my car if it helps you and your family make a decision. I can totally understand the dilemma as i also went through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.j View Post
hey congrats for the new car - I never heard of the paid car consultancy, how does it work, if you don't mind me asking, how much do they charge? plus, do they offer further insights on the commercials as well? example - how much a particular car model got sold at a dealer etc, etc - I am just curious to know how valuable or useful it can be for someone who at a place is just short of time to find by himself/herself
I actually plan on writing a detailed thread on it, but since i am new member i am not able to figure out on how to create one. As soon as i figure out a way to create a thread i will post my experience on car consultancy.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th November 2022 at 05:08. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Fun_to_drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 09:54   #839
BHPian

Very useful article for me. Thanks for making me decide to go for a Tucson. I was thinking of spending an extra 10 lacs and go for a Kodiaq L&K. But I guess will opt for a Tucson.
Old 28th November 2022, 10:14   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
I will be happy to show you my car if it helps you and your family make a decision. I can totally understand the dilemma as i also went through it.

Hey Fun_to_drive- thanks a lot, appreciate the gesture. Let me try my luck but I will get in touch if I don’t find any piece. Thanks again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks