Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2022, 21:22   #496
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashusrt View Post
Thanks!
How about someone on taller side, 5'10" and above?
What do they have to say?
My Father In Law is about 6.3 ft and he said that it's much more comfortable than his i20. But that's the yardstick. If he was used to other SUV, maybe he might have felt uncomfortable, but here since he had lot of leg room to stretch his leg and also since he was sitting behind me with plenty of space he didn't even notice the thigh support. To be honest only after seeing the review videos I came to know that there is something called thigh support
shamanths3 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 22:57   #497
BHPian

Yes, i had booked ev max intensi teal but changed to jet edition as soon as it launched and luckily they alloted one to mangalore so i ended up getting the 1st jet edition ev max in mangalore district. Car has reached dealership 10 days back on 15th but my wife had forbidden me to take delivery till 26th as it is inauspicious time.
I will be taking delivey tomorrow as its 1st day of Dussehra and good time. The 7.2 kW fast charger was installed at home 4 days back and registration done 2 days back. Ceramic coating was done yesterday and I got the 7d mats from car accessory shop as the dealership did not have ev max 7d mats. Attaching a few pics of the car and charger installed at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Wow, how did you manage that? The Jet has been released around 1st week of September, was your wait for a regular max colour converted to Jet?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot_20220925_224644.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot_20220925_224607.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot_20220925_224552.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot_20220925_224526.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by dockap : 25th September 2022 at 23:10.
dockap is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 06:41   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Yes, i had booked ev max intensi teal but changed to jet edition as soon as it launched and luckily they alloted one to mangalore so i ended up getting the 1st jet edition ev max in mangalore district. Car has reached dealership 10 days back on 15th but my wife had forbidden me to take delivery till 26th as it is inauspicious time.
I will be taking delivey tomorrow as its 1st day of Dussehra and good time. The 7.2 kW fast charger was installed at home 4 days back and registration done 2 days back. Ceramic coating was done yesterday and I got the 7d mats from car accessory shop as the dealership did not have ev max 7d mats. Attaching a few pics of the car and charger installed at home.
Congratulations, the pics look great. Share more once you take her home.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 12:25   #499
BHPian

Hi folks, I am about to buy an EV Max. I am trying to understand how insurance works: owners please can you share details of which company did you take insurance from, what all was covered (zero dep, return to invoice etc) and what was the approx cost? Also has anyone claimed any insurance yet?

Many thanks in advance!
Old 27th September 2022, 15:32   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Hi folks, I am about to buy an EV Max. I am trying to understand how insurance works: owners please can you share details of which company did you take insurance from, what all was covered (zero dep, return to invoice etc) and what was the approx cost? Also has anyone claimed any insurance yet?

Many thanks in advance!
Hi Anshuman, I bought it via Acko since the showroom was quoting around 1L and I got it for almost half the price via Acko. So I would suggest you to do your research and negotiate either with the Showroom itself or with other vendor.

I have opted for Return to Invoice, Consumable cover and most importantly Road Side Assistance as I dint want to rely completely on Tata's RSA. Not saying Tata is bad but it's better to have a backup right.
Old 27th September 2022, 18:35   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanths3 View Post
Hi Anshuman, I bought it via Acko since the showroom was quoting around 1L and I got it for almost half the price via Acko. So I would suggest you to do your research and negotiate either with the Showroom itself or with other vendor.

I have opted for Return to Invoice, Consumable cover and most importantly Road Side Assistance as I dint want to rely completely on Tata's RSA. Not saying Tata is bad but it's better to have a backup right.
Thanks for responding. I was doing the same shopping around. I have just discovered that insurance wise there is no difference between an EV and ICE engines. Apparently this means that the main battery and electric motor are NOT covered since they are not part of the traditional ICE engine.

Have you been able to double check that battery+motor is covered in an EV by the insurance? I know it's a very basic question but I just discovered that it seems it's not covered and I am very surprised!
anshuman_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 19:20   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for responding. I was doing the same shopping around. I have just discovered that insurance wise there is no difference between an EV and ICE engines. Apparently this means that the main battery and electric motor are NOT covered since they are not part of the traditional ICE engine.

Have you been able to double check that battery+motor is covered in an EV by the insurance? I know it's a very basic question but I just discovered that it seems it's not covered and I am very surprised!
What you've pointed out is so basic that anybody would be shocked. Just because there's an electric motor(s) instead of an ICE, and a battery pack instead of a fuel tank? I assume the quotation covered electrical parts, but forgot to mention them in quite the correct context. So why am I, at least, not at all surprised?

At 61, I've seen assorted Sphincters in a fair bit of action, and I can assure you, this malpractice by insurance companies will continue up until a claim for the motor(s) and/or the battery pack, when the whole question will blow up because one particular sphincter denies the claim

What's required is preemptive action through legislative process by EV owners' lobby/advocate at a very high level. As individuals, all customers will be dealing with are insurance sales representatives

Team BHP seems to be a great starting point for raising the issue to the level of public awareness and subsequent action

Anyone know some people in the press? Better still, politicians?
SanSabh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 19:35   #503
BHPian

Respected Nexon EV owners, here a quick question where I need your feedback. I had asked this question in another thread, but could not get a Tata EV specific answer. Does the charger get locked to the vehicle like in MG EV (as I was told) once the car is locked?

As I am in the early stage of EV research, one question that comes to my mind is how to secure the charger during overnight charging.

In Delhi, petty thefts are not uncommon. Just think about the use case of overnight charging in a semi covered parking. What's the way to prevent a petty thief to hop over the fence, remove the charger and walk away? What are guys who have such risks doing?

We keep on hearing about thefts of small items like car battery, bicycles, valuables being stolen in the neighbourhood once in a while.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 27th September 2022 at 19:38.
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 19:55   #504
BHPian

Quote:

Don't worry, this just means that all the systems are still undergoing the change like our RTO and all. The insurance never covers Engine as it's covered under warranty by the manufacturer. Same goes to all non accidental damage or failures. However in case of accidents its clearly mentioned Engine is covered if damaged.

If you also notice your policy document, your motor number will be written on the Engine Number column. So this basically means that motor itself is considered as an engine right.

Please do check if some insurance company is offering this under their cover as well. But I feel due to the long warranty our Manufacturer is providing, I feel it's unnecessary.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot_20220927_194258.jpg

Last edited by shamanths3 : 27th September 2022 at 19:59.
Old 27th September 2022, 22:38   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry, this just means that all the systems are still undergoing the change like our RTO and all. The insurance never covers Engine as it's covered under warranty by the manufacturer.

If you also notice your policy document, your motor number will be written on the Engine Number column. So this basically means that motor itself is considered as an engine right.

Attachment 2362451
Thanks, I am not worried about the warranty, that's pretty clear. But in case of accidental damage the insurance should come through without hassles. Right now claims seem to be on honoured on good faith basis by the insurer and not on concrete terms as in the case of fuel cars. Hence the dealer is pushing me to buy the insurance through him only, so he can 'service' claims seamlessly when needed. To be fair though, he has almost matched the quote I got from outside, but it's still the good faith bit that rankles me.

Is the motor number separate from the engine number in the case of an EV or is it the same? If different how do I find the motor number?
Old 27th September 2022, 22:50   #506
BHPian

Quote:
To be fair though, he has almost matched the quote I got from outside, but it's still the good faith bit that rankles me.

Is the motor number separate from the engine number in the case of an EV or is it the same? If different how do I find the motor number?
If you feel that he is offering a good deal, you should go for it. Just understand the exclusions first and if it's the usual then better buy from them.

On how to find the motor number, it is usually given to the SA during the dispatch of the vehicle. If you want to cross check, then here's a video on how you can find it.

shamanths3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 23:37   #507
BHPian

Quote:

On how to find the motor number, it is usually given to the SA during the dispatch of the vehicle. If you want to cross check, then here's a video on how you can find it.

https://Youtu.be/8iulkE_knE0
Have sent you a PM, please check - will be great to talk for a couple of minutes.

Can you please share a copy of your insurance where it shows the motor number? I have only seen chassis and engine numbers so far in my previous insurances (they were all ICE cars).

I assume the SA gets the chassis number, engine number and motor number at the same time when he gets the vehicle details? I will check for my allotted vehicle accordingly.
anshuman_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 00:10   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Respected Nexon EV owners, here a quick question where I need your feedback. I had asked this question in another thread, but could not get a Tata EV specific answer. Does the charger get locked to the vehicle like in MG EV (as I was told) once the car is locked?
Yes the charger gets locked when charging. Also the Legrand charging box has an optional lock that you can ask for by calling Legrand if it hasn't been provided. The charging box lock ensures the charging wire cannot be removed at all.

Cheers
sahakar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 16:06   #509
BHPian

I didn't see it posted here, but the 2 year extended warranty is now available for the Nexon EV Max / Nexon EV 2.0. I just got it done today, paid Rs 32999 to the dealer and few hours later, SA shared the receipt from Tata Motors. It's also updated in the TSMC mobile app.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot-20220928-4.05.58-pm.png
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EV-Max-EW.pdf (616.4 KB, 193 views)

Last edited by varkey : 28th September 2022 at 16:25.
varkey is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 00:01   #510

Bought Home Nexon EV Max

This is my first post on Team BHP and this is my first car as well, I'm just 21yo and I learned to drive on Maruti Ritz and drove it for just 2 years before it became invalid due to 10years rule in Delhi, then Briefly I had driven Tata Harrier for about only ~1000km in total, but since 99% of my travel is in Delhi, I wasn't happy as It was very difficult to take U-Turns and find parking spaces, my run is about 1500km a month all dense traffic in which about 300km a month is bumper to bumper traffic

I Booked the car on 9th September and got the delivery on 26th due to some contacts, I got it on 26th September

I got the XZ+ in Daytona Grey with 7.2Kw fast charger as I found it most VFM, the only upgrade I wish I had from the Lux is Ventilated seats but spending 1lac just for ventilated seats seemed too much, I had originally planned on getting Ev prime but got the max only due to faster at home charging

Reasons For Getting Nexon EV Max over ZS EV Excite, i only had 2 reasons, first being i found the seats more comfortable in nexon and secondly I'm afraid of MG Closing down as Its Chinese and EV Parts will be very hard to come by through third party dealers

I've Driven The Car for over 300kms now and I have no major problems with the car, only there is a weird sound on left passenger door opening and closing which is will get checked out in 1st service, and I also wish the car had wireless android auto as the wire is irritating and makes the wireless charger obsolete

Fell free to ask me anything
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-ev-max-xz.jpg  

Vyktrii is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks