Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2022, 21:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Venue Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Every TATA car review has a line 'After sales is a hit or miss' without fail. But I still don't see 'Safety is a hit/miss' in hyundai car reviews inspite of each and every hyundai/kia being tested coming out with a 'unstable bodyshell' rating?
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Sorry, but it's high time we stop listing just safety equipment as a pro, when the bodyshell itself is pretty suspect.

The cons must mention the poor expected crash test safety, going by the crash test results of its siblings (i20) and elder cousins (Seltos/Carens/Creta). After all, a quick glance at the pros/cons list in this review for a casual buyer would leave an impression of the Venue being a safe car, which it most definitely isn't (compared to the 4/5 star rated competition available in the segment).

Strongly agree with the above. Expected low safety ratings must be highlighted for Hyundai & Kia cars.
AkMar is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 23:23   #17
BHPian

The rear now looks far better, and the new steering wheel does a lot to improve the interiors. I'm not sure about the dual tone theme though, I liked the black better. Unfortunately, the car's perceived safety score comes in and pops the happy bubble of expectations. I do not expect a good safety rating at all.
GForceEnjoyer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 23:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
DCT variant now gets paddle shifters:
Our pre-facelift Venue SX Turbo DCT also has paddle shifters, so not a new addition (at least I think so).
Arsenic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 07:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic View Post
Our pre-facelift Venue SX Turbo DCT also has paddle shifters, so not a new addition (at least I think so).
You are right. Our's also have the paddle shifters, but it was not available during Venue launch.I beleive It was added to the spec list later on along with the new steering wheel.
josetom89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 09:05   #20
BHPian

Hyundai / Kia reviews deserve Questionable Safety in the Cons section. It’s high time it is stressed upon in our official reviews.
vaish9925 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 09:20   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: No more off-topic posts please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Sorry, but it's high time we stop listing just safety equipment as a pro
While I agree with the premise of your post, please note that features such as ESP can be life-savers in an emergency manouveur, even in a presumably compromised structure. Hence, we will always highlight the safety features in the "pros" section. We are talking about the "equipment" in the pros section, not saying that the car is a 5-star safety model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Strongly agree with the above. Expected low safety ratings must be highlighted for Hyundai & Kia cars.
As & when it is crash-tested, the pros & cons will always be updated. Example, the Carens review will be updated soon.
GTO is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 11:58   #22
BHPian

Ticks most boxes. I just compared this review to that of its sibling - the Sonet and I'd say this just seems better in terms of ergonomics and looks, the latter of course being subjective. For example the front arm rest here seems more usable.

The Mrs. is calling it in for a TD to replace her Baleno. I am still trying to tell her to get the Verna instead.
Old 24th June 2022, 12:43   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

A close look at all the other variants (E, S, S(O), S+ & SX) of the 2022 Venue facelift, courtesy AutoTrend.

RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 12:58   #24
BHPian

Thank you for the detailed review. The facelift definitely has made the Venue more appealing to my better half who felt the old one didn't really suit a lady. The equipment levels are good but where the Sonet gets Ventilated seats, Hyundai always seems to give this a miss on cars below the Creta.

Is there a Venue NLine variant planned for the future?
Old 24th June 2022, 14:41   #25
BHPian

A smooth and balanced review as per the standards of T BHP but I will have to grudgingly agree with others regarding the safety aspect, not coming out as clear as it should have been, in the Pros and Cons section.
Though I agree with the GTO, that the pros count only the safety features not the safety rating but there has to be mention of the overall safety aspect of the car somewhere in the headings and it can not be put aside for the want of the availability of the ratings, specially with the knowledge of the poor safety records of Hyundai India cars except Tucson.
regards
fawad0222 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 15:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai and Kia really know how to execute the 'feel-good' factor. They really know the pulse of the masses and the masses reward them accordingly!

If not for the questionable safety factor, these are one of those cars which you can blindly recommend to the average Joe.

Hope the 1.0 fuel pump issues are sorted.
Old 24th June 2022, 20:28   #27
BHPian

Great review, as usual.

Only 26 posts (which include 6 review posts) in more than 24 hours for a car as popular as Hyundai Venue tells you something, isn't! People are losing interest in the light of poor safety ratings and questionable build quality of Hyundai Kia cars.

Being a owner of multiple Hyundai cars, including 2021 Creta which has apparent signs of cost cutting, I strongly feel Hyundai Kia group needs to treat Indian consumers with more respect. They just can't sell a 5 star rated car in international markets as a 3 star in India!

Last edited by Col Mehta : 24th June 2022 at 20:34.
Col Mehta is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 23:50   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Only 26 posts (which include 6 review posts) in more than 24 hours for a car as popular as Hyundai Venue tells you something, isn't! People are losing interest in the light of poor safety ratings and questionable build quality of Hyundai Kia cars.
Don't worry Sir, it has sunroof, air purifier, LED projector lamps, a big touchscreen with musical theme, colourful horizontal line on the rear hatch door etc. And it is from Hyundai. Whatever we say and post and read on social media and review, we will continue to buy the raised hatchbacks in good numbers.
RijuC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 06:31   #29
BHPian

Is it just me, or does the facelift makes the car look more and more similar to Kia Sonet? I dont know how much good it might or might not do to either of the companies. I just dont want these brands to become one Maruti/Toyota fiasco
Old 25th June 2022, 09:03   #30
BHPian

Detailed review as always!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawad0222 View Post
A smooth and balanced review as per the standards of T BHP but I will have to grudgingly agree with others regarding the safety aspect, not coming out as clear as it should have been, in the Pros and Cons section.
+1
It's high time that, we at Team-BH, should call out poor safety ratings in the Pros and Cons section. As this is facelift and no major mechanical changes involved, previous generation of GNCAP ratings (3*) should be clearly mentioned.
dmplog is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed