Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2023, 21:03   #91
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Venue Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomobile View Post
I have decided to buy a Hyundai Venue 1.2 SX MT Knight Edition. I have read all the posts about the Venue. Still I have some doubts regarding the Venue, which I am posting here. I would be grateful if Venue owners can share their opinions.
So my first question is whether 15 inch stock tyres on steel rims would be good enough for city drives, and very occasionally highway drives, Pune - Mumbai? Funnily the SA says changing tyres would void warranty!

2. After reading the thread on extended warranty I am confused whether to take it or not. Any suggestions from Venue owners? This is a MT, not very complicated. But I don’t know any decent FNG.

3. Dealer says no discount as it is a new launch. Is it true for new launches or shall I check other dealerships too?
Hello! Hope you are doing well.
I was in the same dilemma as you are and I went ahead and purchased 1.2 SX MT last November. I have clocked close to 8000 kms on it.
1. The 15 inch steel tyres have proven satisfactory to me. I have done a mix of city and highway driving and I have no complaints. Changing the tyres won't void your warranty, and even though I don't have any complaints, I would still swap the tyres with Continental or Yokohama for better grip.
2. I would suggest you to take the maximum warranty possible. You never know what you might encounter in your ownership and it just costs you an additional few thousands but you will have a peace of mind. Better to be safe than sorry.
3. Venue facelift was launched last year and dealerships don't readily agree to discounts, but you can compare prices across dealerships and get an insurance done from outside and save 20-30k. The dealerships might also be able to match the quote you get from outside.

Venue is a really good product, covering all the features you require and Hyundai ASS has been a really good experience.
ssoni.1411 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 11:31   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoni.1411 View Post
Hello! Hope you are doing well.
I was in the same dilemma as you are and I went ahead and purchased 1.2 SX MT last November. I have clocked close to 8000 kms on it..
Thanks a lot for your reply. I have just got the Venue SX MT Knight Edition. It cost a few thousand more but I got a factory fitted dash cam and didn’t have to worry about old or TD cars being dumped on me as this was released very recently. I have opted for extended warranty and SOT for the same reasons that you mentioned. No discount, but insurance was almost matched, ₹ 1500 more than outside. The process was smooth.

Just read in another thread about changing 2 tyres at a time. Will do that if I feel the need. Right now keeping the stock tyres.
Neomobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 17:54   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasshu View Post
I’ll share my experiences as I’ll get to drive it and seek some advice for accessories. Rear bumper guard is one that is on my mind.
Congratulations and I hope you love this car as you did your Scorpio.

A humble request, please do not put any bumper guard on your car. It is not safe for you as well as your peers on the road, all types, pedestrians, 2- wheelers, 3-wheelers, cars, etc. I don't even want to get into cosmetic negatives. You don't have to believe me, you are free to research on your own.
Sachin0384 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2023, 12:47   #94

Hyundai Venue 2022 - 11,000 KMs Ownership Review | Why I rejected Nexon, Sonet and XUV300

It has roughly been 11 months since I bought the compact SUV in Dec 2022 and have clocked closed to 11,000 KMs on the ODO. Sharing the comprehensive ownership experience along with a poignant commentary on the SUV segment in India.

Here are some details about my Car:
Hyundai Venue Dec 2022
Variant: S+ Diesel
Engine: 1.5l 4 cylinder CRDi (BS 6 - Phase 1)
Transmission: Manual
Colour: Titan Grey
Price: INR 9.99 Lakhs Ex-showroon

A picture of the machine:
2022 Hyundai Venue Facelift Review-img_6347.jpg

Why I bought Hyundai Venue

My Criteria:
  1. I just knew that I wanted to buy a diesel car. With the govt. coming hard on Diesel, I figured it'll be good to enjoy one of the last diesel engines before they go extinct.
  2. Had to buy an SUV (raised-up FWD hatch) owing to the Road conditions in India.
  3. Budget was around 15L, with some wiggle room.
  4. Decided that a sub-4m car will work, as I didn't really need the extra space and features of a larger car.

Based on the above Criteria, the options narrowed down to these:

1. Hyundai Venue: The base diesel (S+) variant started at 9.99 Lakhs Ex-showroon (Less than 10L, so less taxes). For a base variant, if offered crazy features and value for money, as I'll further elaborate.

2. Kia Sonet: Before the facelift of Venue, this car offered better value. But the facelift changed the game. Also, no manual gearbox with diesel :(

3. Tata Nexon: Expensive diesel variants. The variant that costed around 10 Lakhs, had absolutely no features, came with smaller tyres and felt emptier than my ex's heart. Venue came with full sized tyres.
Also, Tata is notorious for it's insufferable service experience and quality issues. It is said that:

"Tata cars are safe because they spend more time at service centres than on roads."

*PS: No offence to Tata fanbois. Please don't hit me with your "desh ka loha".

4. Mahindra XUV 300: Similar story as Nexon. Overpriced AF, but with pathetic looks. It's interior was absolute bilge. This atrocious car has been long neglected by Mahindra and only sells because of the hoax created by "unpaid" influencers. While other cars have gotten facelifts or upgrades, this is the only car that has degraded over time. Yes, it has performance, but do you really need it? Does it even make a slight difference in the overall ownership experience?

For a decent ownership experience, you need features. And for a feature rich Nexon or XUV 300, you need upwards of 14 Lakhs. If I have to spend so much on a sub-4m car, I would rather spend a bit more and get a car like Creta from the upper segment.

Had also, gone for the TD of Kushaq/Taigun. Rejected it for the reasons why everyone else also rejects them. To know more, read this (The real reason why Škoda Kushaq & VW Taigun don't sell - A Case Study) satiric and acute article on Kushaq/Taigun, written by, truly yours.

Thus, Hyundai Venue emerged as the clear winner.

Variant Selection:
I wanted to get a variant with sunroof. But when I took the TD, I realised that a small sunroof does not matter much. So, no need to spend the extra 2 lakhs, when I'm getting most of the necessary features in the S+ variant.

"Identify your needs first. Then, finding a car becomes easy."

Ownership Experience

Pros:

1. Looks: Although, this is subjective, it was kind of a love at first sight. Didn't like the pre-facelift version of venue much. if your car makes you wanna take it's pictures all the time, then you have a nice looking car.

Here's a few snaps of the Beauty in Goa:
2022 Hyundai Venue Facelift Review-img_6722.jpg
2022 Hyundai Venue Facelift Review-img_6773.jpg

2. Engine: The 1.5l CRDi Diesel engine is a gem. Same engine in a similar config is also used in heavier Hyundai Cars like Creta and Alcazar. This engine on a lighter Venue feels very high spirited.
The turbo lag is evident. But once you hit the revs higher than 1500 RPM, the turbo kicks in and it puts a smile on your face. More than sufficient power and torque.
This engine is butter smooth. Properly refined and silent. Unlike the Nexon's engine that is probably borrowed from a Tractor.

3. Mileage: As Indigo say, this is a lean, clean, mileage machine. Drive it with a light foot and it'll be lighter on your pocket.
In city, it returns around 15 kmpl. On highways it is around 20-25 kmpl. Not bad at all. Segment best.

4. Features: Korean cars usually try to provide features over and above the segment standard. And this car isn't any exception.
Even for a lower variant, it comes with many standard safety features. Highline TPMS is very helpful. It has full sized steel wheels with wheel caps that look so good that you could be forgiven for thinking that these are alloys.
Rear AC vents, HD Rear parking camera with sensors, infotainment unit with wireless Apple CarPlay and Digital MID makes the car well equipped. Multiple charging ports (front and rear), front armrest, sufficient boot size and smart storage spaces make the car really practical.

5. Service: Hyundai provides a very satisfactory service experience. Haven't experienced any major issues yet. Service network is wide and even the road-side assistance is quick and helpful.

Cons:

1. Steering: Although it is light and can be manoeuvred with one finger, it's is pretty vague. There's a lot of play in the centre. It weighs up at high speeds, but just does not feel confident and accurate. Also, the car is very light. So, the overall high-speed stability is not good.

2. Suspension: The ride is not very comfortable. Feels stiff. It glides through the normal bumps pretty well, but could definitely be better. Even the seats could've been made better for longer drives.

3. Build quality: Even though it has scored 4 stars in the ANCAP, we still can't be sure of it's build quality as the material used in international markets is different. The outer panels don't feel indestructible. Only a proper crash test might provide more clarity. But now, every new Hyundai car comes with 6 standard airbags. So, it's a step in the right direction.

Should you buy Hyundai Venue?

Venue comes in 3 engine configs:

1. 1.5l Diesel: This is still the best value-for-money car in the segment. Sufficient power, good mileage and features at a reasonable price. Should definitely be considered if your budget is less than 14 Lakhs.

2. 1.2l Petrol: This naturally aspirated engine has very less power. But it is low maintenance and very refined. But this same engine is available in Hyundai Exter. Exter should be chosen over Venue if you want this engine.

3. 1l Petrol: This turbo engine is quick and comes with interesting variants that are feature-loaded (Knight edition and N-Line). The DCT gearbox is also good and can provide a satisfactory ownership experience.

But if your main objective is mileage and don't want to spend more than 15 Lakhs on a sub-4m car, then you can also check out Toyota Hyrider or Maruti Grand Vitara, if the budget allows and you want a petrol car.

Click for watching the video review of my Hyundai Venue.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions on this.
Do let me your feedback in the comments.

Thanks for reading.
SerArthurDayne is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 20:12   #95
BHPian

I'm in the process of choosing an automatic car for my dad, primarily for city rides and occasional short highway trips within a 100 km range. I've narrowed down the options to the Brezza AT, Venue DCT, and Nexon DCT. Our top preference is the Venue DCT due to its easy-to-drive nature, smooth and responsive steering, and overall good ride quality. However, we are concerned about its mileage. If any Venue DCT owners could share their real-world mileage figures, it would greatly assist us in making our decision.
Old 28th November 2023, 09:23   #96
BHPian

Hi Team,

Writing to seek help for my uncle’s 2023 Venue SX(O) Petrol DCT in Mumbai.

There’s a prominent screeching/ whistling sound while reversing (see video for reference), and occurs on almost all occasions. The dealership has not been able to resolve this despite 3 visits. The car is only ~3 months old, which makes this even more concerning.

Seeking inputs from fellow members who may have experienced something similar or could help in troubleshooting! Thanks in advance!

(Pardon the background noise)
Old 30th November 2023, 23:58   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish5000 View Post
If any Venue DCT owners could share their real-world mileage figures, it would greatly assist us in making our decision.

If your primary usage is within city then nothing better than a torque converter or a CVT.

I drive 2021 Venue SX Plus DCT. I get around 10-12 in city traffic and upto 17-18 on Highways when driven with cruise control and speed between 80-95KMPH.

I would happily let go of that additional fuel efficiency number over the convenience of an automatic , that too a dual clutch AT

P.S - Make sure to purchase the extended warranty for the highest available period which in case of Hyundai is 7 years/1 Lakh Km

Last edited by AjinkyaP : 1st December 2023 at 00:02.
AjinkyaP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 12:53   #98
BHPian

Anybody knows what's the name of gearbox that's used in Hyundai Venue? Also, is the same one being used with 1.5 turbo petrols?
Old 10th December 2023, 15:51   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvagarwal View Post
Hi Team,

Writing to seek help for my uncle’s 2023 Venue SX(O) Petrol DCT in Mumbai.

There’s a prominent screeching/ whistling sound while reversing (see video for reference), and occurs on almost all occasions. The dealership has not been able to resolve this despite 3 visits. The car is only ~3 months old, which makes this even more concerning.

Seeking inputs from fellow members who may have experienced something similar or could help in troubleshooting! Thanks in advance!

https://Youtu.be/9b8WqL8wBE8
(Pardon the background noise)
Hi All,

The car has been taken in by the service centre once again (4th time in 3 months), as the issue still remains undiagnosed and unresolved.

This experience has taken away the charm and joy of a new car purchase!

Does anyone know any escalation contact details in Hyundai that we can use to have this resolved as soon as possible?

Thanks in advance!
Old 14th December 2023, 18:14   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish5000 View Post
If any Venue DCT owners could share their real-world mileage figures, it would greatly assist us in making our decision.
Hi, I realize it might be a late response to your post but I will share my ownership review.
I bought the new facelift Venue, SX(O) DCT (Petrol) back in May. My usage is not very high, mostly city commutes and occasional (once every 2 months or so) outstation trips around Bangalore. Driven around 4k KMS until now.
The car is fun to drive with excellent control and maneuvering. However, mileage is not something I can pin my hopes on. Considering the notorious traffic in Bangalore, I get anywhere between 8-10 KMPL usually (Auto AC on, all the time). On highways, if driven light-footed, with average speeds ranging between 80-90 KMPH with a moderate amount of cruise control used, I have been able to squeeze out 16-17 KMPL at the most.
I tend to save the refueling slips (since I claim tax benefits on petrol as part of my salary component), and the last I checked, this FY, I have filled in petrol worth of around 45k, giving me a running cost of more than 11Rs/KM.
Hope this helps!
sidsden is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2023, 21:05   #101

Hi BHPians. I am super excited to share that I have finally booked the Venue S(O) 1.2 Petrol MT. Let me share my thought process about the car booking and my experience. I am a newbie here so please forgive me if I'm breaking any rules/guidelines.

Options I had in mind: I was using a pre-owned Chevrolet Beat Diesel which I purchased in Feb 2019 (2012 model) and just sold it in December 2023, about 10 days ago. Selling the Beat was a tedious process for me which I will share some other day in some other blog. I wanted to move to the next segment and my choices were Tata Nexon, Kia Sonet, and Hyundai Venue. I have been eyeing for all these cars, reading reviews, expert opinions, visiting showrooms since almost a year. Below were my thoughts for each car.

Tata Nexon - All that comes in mind when you think about this car is safety. I really loved the pre-facelifted Tata Nexon because of its interiors and exteriors. Many of my friends advised against it due to the poor service and engine issue in some Nexons however when you're in love with a car you choose to ignore all the negatives. I was waiting for the facelift version of Tata Nexon however I personally was not quite happy with what it came to be. I did not like the way they changed the AC controls to touch and completely removed the physical buttons. Moreover, the pricing changed drastically. Due to some personal exigency my budget was reduced from 15L to somewhere around 10L and I could not find a variant that is good enough within my budget. Also I test drove the petrol AMT and Diesel AMT owned by my friends and I was not very impressed by the same. I still kept it as an option however was not very much inclined towards it.

Kia Sonet - I visited the Kia showroom around 4-5 months ago and saw the Kia Sonet. I was impressed by the interiors however the one thing that I did not like in Sonet is that it has a very small glass area, especially the rear windshield. It is very small and it did not feel very airy when I sat inside the car. Also, when compared to its sister Venue, Kia Sonet costs more. Additionally, Hyundai has been in India for a long time whereas Kia is relatively new here. I know that their after sales service is good but somewhere in my mind I was not very much inclined towards Kia.

Hyundai Venue - One of my friends owns the Hyundai Venue 1.0 Turbo IMT and I have driven the car. His is the first generation Venue and I did not like the way it looked. But when the facelifted version of the Venue was launched, I was really impressed. Hyundai had changed and upgraded everything that I did not like in that car. The front grill was changed to match the new Hyundai cars, the taillight was revamped and they added the connected taillights in it. If you look at the Venue at night from the back, you will fall in love with it. So after I decided to sell my Beat, I visited the Hyundai showroom and I really liked the sales experience. I took the test drive of the car and I liked the look and feel and the driving experience of the Venue. I instantly booked the car after negotiating. I also checked out the Exter before the booking which has the same engine i.e. 1.2 petrol. The Exter was coming at the same price and with Sunroof, AMT and other features however when I sat inside Exter it did not give me the same pleasure that Venue gave me. The seats of Exter are smaller, the second row of Exter is laid down, it feels like you are sitting very low. So I made up my mind and finally booked the Venue S(O) 1.2 MT Petrol. I will be taking the delivery on January 14 and the registration would also be of 2024.
thechevroletguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 22:08   #102
BHPian

I was just checking used cars online and really surprised to see loads of Venue DCTs in fairly new condition with less than 15000 km on odo. Might sound odd but I wonder if there's something wrong with the car that one realizes very soon in the ownership!

Last edited by Somil07 : 17th December 2023 at 22:23.
Old 19th December 2023, 11:57   #103

Hello dear BHPians, I had a query. I have booked the Venue S(O) 1.2 Petrol MT from Garve Hyundai Pune and I wanted to check if I have got a good deal or have I been duped. They initially offered 70k discount on all the Venue models. Below is the quote that I got and after negotiation, I reached a deal where they offered the final on-road as mentioned below -

Ex-Showroom: Rs 9,83,900
Insurance: Rs 59,173
RTO: Rs 1,13,494
Extended Warranty - 4th+5th year: Rs 15,103
2yr/40k Shield Of Trust: Rs 5,599
Quoted On-road: Rs 11,77,269
Discount: Rs 80,216 (including the 70k discount they initially offered)
Seat Covers (free)
Final On-Road: Rs 10,97,053

They said whatever additional discount they are offering will be adjusted from the Insurance amount. I know it is too late to ask this question as I have already booked the car however I just wanted to clear my doubts

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd December 2023, 14:41   #104
BHPian

My friend has purchased a Venue SX(O) DCT in abyss black few months back. Currently He is facing an issue where the headlamps get fogged up quite a lot (Have attached photos for the same). Has anyone else faced similar issues ? and if yes what was the resolution provided. Hyundai Service is dismissing this as a normal occurrence.

Another issue that he is facing is there is a constant rattle coming from the rear left seat which gets aggravated after a drive in a bad stretch of road.

2022 Hyundai Venue Facelift Review-img_5690.png

2022 Hyundai Venue Facelift Review-img_5691-copy.png
Old 23rd December 2023, 10:21   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
Another issue that he is facing is there is a constant rattle coming from the rear left seat which gets aggravated after a drive in a bad stretch of road.
Is it like a dull sound that the cricket insect makes? Near the rear left door or roof?
I haven't been able to narrow it down.
Please let me know if you find a solution.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks