Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2022, 01:21   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
So can anyone tell compared to Ecosport how tight is Venue's rear sitting?
I will be posting a detailed 5k review soon but until then, long story short - After multiple long trips, 3 adults can sit with adequate comfort at the rear even if one person is slightly broad shouldered. Rear legroom is improved mainly due to scooped out front seats. Space is lesser than, say Nexon, but definitely more than adequate for 3 at the back

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
What I find really weird is the inclusion of the rear wiper only on the Diesel and SXO version. Instead of giving a sun roof which is not really functional in our hot climate, Hyundai could have given the rear wiper which is way more useful.
I definitely agree with you. Coming from 2015 Vento MT without rear wiper, until now, I never realised how useful it actually is. And now, I don't really see myself getting a car without rear wipers in the future.

As for your concern with DCT, I purchased the SX O DCT with 7 years/100k kms extended warrant and Hyundai Shield of Trust (5yrs/60k kms}. Paid an additional 45000 for this but certainly helps me in worrying less. Of course, it is a hassle should it fail on a highway but I sincerely hope it doesn't. Test drove quite a few automatics before finalising this because the experience was truly engaging and fun to drive. Of course, all German DSGs were out of my budget 😁.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th August 2022 at 18:10. Reason: Posts merged, quotes trimmed.
sanjay4616 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 08:23   #47
BANNED

Re: 2022 Hyundai Venue Facelift Review

I am seriously confused on whether I should go for the top spec Hyundai Venue SX(O) DCT or go for the Kia Sonet HTX Diesel AT, considering similar prices for both of them. my usage doesn't warrant a diesel, but I am concerned about the reliability of the Petrol DCT and the downsized 1.0 litre turbo petrol engine's mileage, the concern with the Diesel is whether it would bring in any DPF issues or not.
Kindly provide your valuable advice on the matter.
Old 7th August 2022, 08:41   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
What I find really weird is the inclusion of the rear wiper only on the Diesel and SXO version. Instead of giving a sun roof which is not really functional in our hot climate, Hyundai could have given the rear wiper which is way more useful.
I agree. I sorely miss a rear wiper when driving in the rains, even more so at night time. This is a feature that should be available in all variants of all cars, at least as an optional add-on. It becomes really tricky to manage with just the ORVMs at such times. That is why a rear wiper has become a must have feature for me when I buy a car.
RGCST is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 14:06   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
Hi All,
This is my first post. Looking forward to learning and contributing. I am too looking at buying a compact SUV. Venue seems to tick all boxes but I am really worried about its rear seats. Is it really just 4 seater? My ecosport was said to best for 4 but 5 people are almost comfortable in it. So can anyone tell compared to ecosport how tight is venue's rear sitting?
Thank you
While doing the test drive, I found the rear seat to be ok for 3. But again depends on the built of the person etc. I somehow believe the back seat comfort has increased over the first generation. And also there is the scooped up back of the front seats for slightly better leg room.

Rest to be assured, I suggest u to go to the showroom and check in real life.
stormcatcher83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 07:36   #50

Hi all, this is my first post on Teambhp. I took delivery of my Venue SX(O) DCT~10 days ago and have been satisfied with the experience till now. I have used the car for a total of 350 km till now incl. one 250 km long drive.

As background, I had booked both the new Brezza ZXi+ AT (on day 1 of pre-booking) and pre-facelift Venue SX+ DCT (since end of Feb22). I was leaning towards the Brezza due to it's more reliable AT transmission, better fuel efficiency, better safety rating and more SUVish looks. Pros in favour of Venue were better fit and finish, more powerful engine and smoother DCT transmission. Price difference of ~1.5L between the two cars was not too important a consideration. Other cars considered were Magnite, Kiger, Sonet, XUV 300 and Nexon. XUV 300 and Nexon were out of contention as they only have AMT option, Magnite and Kiger were dismissed due to cheap build quality and we preferred the Venue over the Sonet due to Hyundai brand and service network.

Anyway, long story short, the facelift Venue SX(O) DCT was available for delivery suddenly one day and I consulted with my father and wife and the decision was made in 15 mins to take delivery of the Venue. This is my 1st car (my father has owned 5 different cars since the early 90s - Premier Padmini, Santro, WagonR, Tavera and i10 Automatic) and despite being in my early 30s, I am a newbie driver.

Coming to the new Venue, pros and cons from my 10 days of ownership are listed below. Hope they are useful for anyone who is considering buying this car.

Pros:
  1. Top class fit and finish, as is usual for a Hyundai
  2. The DCT transmission is a joy to drive and gearshifts are imperceptible
  3. Drive modes provided do make a difference, with Eco being the best for bumper to bumper city driving IMO, as it dulls the throttle response and the car is very measured when starting off the blocks
  4. Front seats (4 way electric adjustment for the driver) are quite comfy - I am 6'2 and quite hefty and I found the driver seat to be very comfortable. Only gripe is that lower back cushioning could have been better
  5. Engine has enough grunt to quickly hit triple digit speeds on the highway
  6. Car now gets rear defogger and wiper which the SX+ DCT version earlier missed out on
  7. Rear camera is good and gets the job done
  8. Suspension is quite good and even the potholed Bangalore roads are dealt with ease. Apparently the suspension has been improved from the outgoing Venue
  9. Rear knee room has definitely improved from the old Venue due to the scooped out front seats (also no mild hybrid battery underneath the front passenger seat unlike the Brezza, which cuts down on rear legroom as you can't tuck your feet under the front seat if you are seated at the rear)
  10. NVH levels are quite good - it is almost silent on turning the engine on, and even at speeds of 90-100, noise levels are fairly low with the windows up and AC on

Cons:
  1. Headroom is limited in front and if you are 6 foot+, you will need to keep the driver seat quite low
  2. Visibility challenges for tall drivers - not a Venue only problem per se, but I found the rear view mirror right at eye level and sort of staring me in the face. Also limits visibility quite a bit in that direction, especially for looking at traffic lights at signals
  3. Rear seat continues to be for 2 passengers only - the transmission tunnel, rear AC vent and mainly the rear armrest, make it impossible for 3 adults to sit at the rear. 2 adults plus a child < 10 years of age can sit at the rear
  4. Inbuilt map from HERE maps is quite buggy - when it works well, it is great with integrated directions in the MID, but is a pain when it doesn't
  5. Eco and Normal modes are tuned quite conservatively - the DCT transmission upshifts at every opportunity. I hit 7th gear at 70 kmph on the highway as an example. On stretches with inclines or when trying to overtake, the lack of grunt in 6th and 7th gears becomes quickly apparent. The paddle shifters do come in handy in such situations and you can downshift quite quickly to get the extra acceleration.
  6. The steering is quite vague and I have been struggling a bit to judge amount of steering to be used on sharp turns at low speeds
  7. I don't like the front grill of the facelift version as it looks a bit over the top, too big for the car and garish with so much chrome. IMO, the old Venue front grill looked better.

Overall, I am happy till now with my purchase of the car and hope to enjoy many more long drives in it.
tubby is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 16:46   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Hyundai India is gearing up to introduce the N-Line version of the Venue.
Hyundai India to launch the Venue N-Line on 6th September.

- To be available with 1.0-litre Turbo-Petrol, 7-speed DCT.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 17th August 2022 at 16:52.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 06:40   #52
BANNED

Quote:
I took delivery of my Venue SX(O) DCT
Congratulations for your new ride. I would suggest you to get the warranty extended as long as possible, DCT is prone to overheat in traffic and may cause damage to the gearbox.
Why didn't you choose the IMT version?
How is the rear space and overall comfort?
Are the suspensions hard?
What do you think about the safety ratings?
Old 19th August 2022, 08:40   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
Congratulations for your new ride. I would suggest you to get the warranty extended as long as possible, DCT is prone to overheat in traffic and may cause damage to the gearbox.
Why didn't you choose the IMT version?
How is the rear space and overall comfort?
Are the suspensions hard?
What do you think about the safety ratings?
Thank you! I have taken 2 years extended warranty, so covered for 5 years now. Year 6 and 7 extended warranty is rather expensive and I am still thinking over extending it to 7 years.

I wanted a proper automatic without the need to even operate the gear stick, so went for DCT. My father has had a i10 TC automatic since 2011 and having seen the convenience it offered in heavy traffic, did not consider iMT.

Rear space, as I mentioned is fine for 2 adults and is quite comfortable. The 2 step recline feature will be appreciated by people who want a slightly relaxed seating position. Fitting in 3 adults would be a challenge for anything more than 30 min trips. The rear arm rest is a real problem as it sort of makes the middle seat unusable due to the protruding hard seatback plus the transmission and rear AC vent. Front seats are very comfortable even for long drives.

Suspension is not stiff at all and seems to have been tweaked from the pre-facelift version. I have driven the car over some terribly potholed roles in BLR and the ride has been quite cushioned at least at the front.

Can't add much to the safety question other that repeating what is public knowledge. The car does get all the electronic safety features and 6 airbags on the top trim, but structural safety isn't great as per GNCAP rating and is worse than competitors such as Nexon/Brezza. I was ok with a tradeoff on structural safety given other considerations.
Old 19th August 2022, 23:51   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubby View Post
The steering is quite vague and I have been struggling a bit to judge amount of steering to be used on sharp turns at low speeds
This is quite an odd observation because Venue's steering is quite direct and quick. That makes it easy to weave through traffic or navigate narrow roads. Which car(s) are you comparing the Venue's steering with?
SmartCat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 12:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Venue N-Line Bookings open now.

Link
Old 12th September 2022, 20:14   #56
BHPian

Could anyone who owns a diesel clarify the following queries regarding Venue 2022 Diesel?

- RPM at 100 in 6th cog.
- RPM at 80 in 6th Gear.
- How's the city Drivability.

TBhp old review might not be relevant here as the wheel sizes were changed in 2022 i guess. So, seeking feedback on the same.

Any recommendations on which variants to consider/exclude?
Old 19th September 2022, 00:30   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
Could anyone who owns a diesel clarify the following queries regarding Venue 2022 Diesel?

- RPM at 100 in 6th cog.
- RPM at 80 in 6th Gear.
- How's the city Drivability.

TBhp old review might not be relevant here as the wheel sizes were changed in 2022 i guess. So, seeking feedback on the same.

Any recommendations on which variants to consider/exclude?
I have booked the Diesel S+ and supposed to take delivery next weekend.

I may not be able to answer all the questions but will try once I get my hands on it.

As per the variant I can say I chose S+ the base variant for diesel because it almost every functional feature that you would want from a modern day car-
-LED projector headlamps
-All Basic safety features including ABS,EBD, Traction Control
-TPMS
-8 Inch touch screen with wireless android auto/apple carplay
-Reverse parking camera
-Turn indicator on ORVM with electrically adjustable ORVM
-16 inch Alloy styled Steel Wheels
-Height Adjustable Driver Seat
-Front Armrest, rear ac vent etc

Only thing I found missing to my liking is Rear washer and wiper.

Now the next model- SX costs almost 2 L extra over this and the features you get are cruise control, auto ac, sunroof, rear wiper washer, alloy wheels, smart key, d cut steering, push button start stop, auto fold mirrors, wireless phone charger, adjustable back headrest and a few more.

However, I could live without these features and still have value for money otherwise the cost goes north of around 14 L (in mumbai). So the choice is yours but I feel S+ is the VFM for the diesel variant.
stormcatcher83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 22:01   #58

Hi,

I am an absolute noob here and pardon me for any silly questions. In the beginning of the thread many folks pointed out bad safety performance for Venue (lack of rating for 2022 model).

I googled and found that the previous one was rated 4 stars. Can the quality change with a facelift?

Also on a slightly different note, does Carens getting a 3 star NCAP rating imply bad build quality for Sonet?

Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd November 2022, 14:10   #59

Hi,

Could you please answer a few queries:

1. What is the economy achieved in the petrol turbo models?
I most YouTube videos, they claim ~12.5 kmpl.
And how much is the difference compared to new Brezza?

2. Is the rear leg room so bad as being touted?
I'm coming from Grand i10, so couldn't get a good reference.

3. Any maintenance issues with the turbo engines of Hyundai?
Old 16th November 2022, 17:51   #60

Hello everybody this is my first post here altho I have been on the site forever. At the end of August 2022, we booked the new Venue(IMT) at Trident Hyundai Whitefield, Bengaluru. The waiting period at the time of booking was informed to me to be around 5-6 weeks. The loan process from my end was completed really quickly and the amount was disbursed to them in a couple of weeks.
A week later, in the month of September, I received an email from them saying due to vehicle shortages the delivery has been pushed by another 6-8 weeks. It's been almost 10 weeks since that email and there has been no intimation from their side. I have been calling my sales executive weekly twice but he's been bouncing me around asking me to wait. In my last conversation, he told me that maybe I should wait for a 2023 manufactured vehicle.
Is there anything that should be done from my side? Any suggestions would be of great help!

Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks