Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2022, 16:06   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe_deo View Post
I wish XUV700 had ventilated seats and auto dimming IRVM and lesser waiting period....
If they add these, the waiting period will go up for another 2-3 months, as the demand and bookings will go up. Don't know about IRVM, but I know 2 people who decided not to go for the 700 because of lack of ventilated seats. Both booked Creta instead.

Quote:
Fortunner despite its steep price(almost 50 lakhs on road) sells about 3000 units per month which is mind boggling.
Without even an electric park brake, but the car has reliability and resale value built-in.

Quote:
This unwillingness of manufacturers to give premium products to Indian customers at an appropriate price point really sucks.
At least Hyundai is giving us cutting edge products, like the Kona. Look at what Honda is giving. Suzuki? Renault? Isuzu? They're all laggards yet eventually when they reach the end of the road they will all complain the "difficulty" to operate in the "unfriendly" Indian market.

Of course, Suzuki won't.

Quote:
Only Mahindra is offering really value for money products without compromising much on safety and features.
Agree.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 13th August 2022 at 16:12.
sandeepmdas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 17:27   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretaKumar View Post
Keeping specs aside. I am wondering if Tuscon has a 5th injector technology for feeding DOC or does it also uses post injection as part of exhaust stroke?
Company hasn't revealed any information around that.
Now this is what makes Team-BHP great. Don’t think you will ever see such a detailed technical question in any social media comments section .

I only knew of DPF, LNT and SCR related to Diesel engines. Will go and google study this DOC now. You learn something everyday.
lordrayden is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 17:28   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
At least Hyundai is giving us cutting edge products, like the Kona. ..
Very true. Hyundai is still offering diesel engines. Suzuki, Renault and VW/Skoda have stopped it. Maruti is offering a single engine on a wide range of products eg brezza, ertiga, xl6, ciaz, new grand vitara, etc and even the gearbox is mostly the same with some variations.
Its only the Hyundai and Kia which are giving us so many options for engine/gearbox combinations. But, "ye dil maange more".
axe_deo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 17:59   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
definitely does not belong to the category of cars that you have mentioned above such as the X3.
Totally agree! But the OP had said it competes with the likes of the X3 on size - plus I think it offers a similar diesel drivetrain with AWD, better seats, audio and features including ADAS (only the XC60 has this in the segment if I’m not wrong). Since many seem to have an issue with the pricing, do remember that it’s a CKD and with the $ expected at 80 and beyond, we can’t expect CKD kits at earlier prices. Can’t seek international-spec products at local-make Hyundai/Maruti/others’ prices. The newer international Hyundais/Kias are actually quite good.

Though we know they’re segments apart, we didn’t mind making sweeping comparisons saying 90% of this at 50% of the price; for ex Superb or even a Camry with the A6/5er, Kodiaq/XUV700 with luxury SUVs, or even Hector with the Tucson, etc.

Let talk pricing for a moment: The CKDs are probably imported approximately at $20,000 or 16L rupees + 30% import duties = 21L + 50% GST for an ex-showroom price of 31L for the Signature petrol AT (Please correct me if my calculation is wrong). Not bad a car for $20,000 and the rest is what we pay as taxes - proudly pay as taxes I must add and a different topic since I’m not complaining: we are seeing tremendous growth in infrastructure now and at least know the taxes being utilized well.

Hence, let’s just maybe say the Tucson “feels” overpriced here, move on to discuss other things about the car apart from the price.
hortons15 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 18:01   #80
BHPian

Saw the car in person today . It’s really well built . It’s very European and nothing like the millions of Hyundais plying on our roads . Even the wheel arches have some kind of soft lining !! The fit and finish , quality of materials are top notch . Whether I will get this is based on my test drive. Will TD it tomorrow and report back .
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-0959eebc88fc47b38c0a926e6733ac02.jpeg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-a8871bce9d03403695ca33a48de847c7.jpeg  

Last edited by ChetanM6 : 13th August 2022 at 18:03.
ChetanM6 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 18:46   #81

I saw the car in person today. Impressive overall package.

The dealers seem to stop taking bookings since they have no idea when vehicle delivery would start.

No idea why companies are 'Launching' cars when they can't ship them for another 8 months.

I'm also thinking about the resale value of this premium car. Could be another negative for Tuscon. Hyundai should work on this area as well to establish itself in the premium market.
Old 13th August 2022, 18:57   #82
BHPian

Hello All,

Saw the car in showroom fit and finish is great felt steering wheel is little small apart from that liked everything so plan to hold the booking will decide in nxt two days! Some pictures of fiery red!
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-20220813_153603.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-20220813_153615.jpg  

Mathan1130 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 19:11   #83
BHPian

Booked the Diesel 2WD after checking it out twice in last few days. I am looking for the entry level Luxury SUV with 4/5 comfortable seats. Test drove X1, XC40 and GLA but back seat of all these German car was disappointing. Tucson so far checks all boxes in terms of Good looks, Luxury interiors, Feature pack, Safety, Space and build quality. Reviews from Team BHP as well as auto journals so far is positive with no serious issue with Diesel, final decision will be based on test drive next week...
mgoel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 19:51   #84

I need some advice ! I just put down the deposit yesterday and have booked a Signature Diesel Tucson. I am reading lot of people complaing about the price. I saw the prices of Bengaluru going well above the 40 lakh mark. Fortunately in Ahmedabad the prices are little less. The Signature diesel is about 37 lakh OTR almost 5 lac cheaper than Bengaluru. Does these prices make sense? I am upgrading from a 6 year old Innova and my budget is around the 35 lac mark. I would love to hear some thoughts from experts. Price list attached.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-tucson-ahmedabad.jpeg  

Old 13th August 2022, 20:00   #85
BHPian

Just wondering - no Heads up Display, PM2.5 filter, and Automatic Park Assist? Or did Imiss reading it?
Old 13th August 2022, 20:08   #86
BHPian

Hello All,

This is my first post on Team-bhp. In fact, I've joined this forum to discuss more about possible options for my upgrade from Hyundai Creta Diesel AT SX.

I was waiting for this 4th gen launch for almost more than an year. My current car has almost done about 1 lakh km and still is going great. No complaints! Yet, after 6 years, I was having an itch for an upgrade. Since, I was more of a Hyundai fan boy and been using their cars since i20 to Creta, naturally I was looking at either Kona EV and Tucson.

Initially, Kona EV wasn't launched in my city. By the time I came to know that I can get it from Hyderabad, I saw the facelift and it appealed to me even more. I couldn't go back to current Kona EV and was waiting for the launch of the facelifted Kona EV since last year. It seems Hyundai decided to just rebadge the current model itself as 2022 Kona EV rather than launching the new Kona EV. Except for India, they've launched the facelifted almost everywhere else in the world. The fact that even smaller countries like Nepal get the latest and greatest piques me.

Meanwhile, the new Tucson was gathering my attention. I drove both petrol and diesel versions of previous generation. I liked the shape, look and feel. The only reason I was reluctant to put my money down back then was for two reasons. First, I was looking for ventilated seats which even Creta was getting these days. Second, the new version launch was on the horizon. Also, reading reviews and talking to my friends on the western hemisphere, I seriously considered moving for Tucson PHEV and have best of the both worlds. If I were getting Kona then Creta would stay - to be used for longer trips. But if I can get Tucson PHEV, I can let go and use the extra cash to infuse in this bigger buy. This was my plan for almost till July. The launch with no PHEV option pretty much doused all my interest in Tucson. And then the pricing was the final nail in the coffin.

For now I'm contented with my Creta. But my upgrade search is back to square one.
Old 13th August 2022, 20:13   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techgeek View Post
The Signature diesel is about 37 lakh OTR almost 5 lac cheaper than Bengaluru. Does these prices make sense? I am upgrading from a 6 year old Innova and my budget is around the 35 lac mark.
I find this vehicle to be grossly overpriced.
As for your question, you need to ask yourself If you're happy paying for what you're getting. If you are then that's all that matters.
Maky is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 20:39   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techgeek View Post
The Signature diesel is about 37 lakh OTR almost 5 lac cheaper than Bengaluru. Does these prices make sense? I am upgrading from a 6 year old Innova and my budget is around the 35 lac mark. I would love to hear some thoughts from experts. Price list attached.
Honestly only you can answer that question. Some might find value based on priorities that they have while others may find it overpriced. VFM is very relative.

Last edited by sunikkat : 13th August 2022 at 20:41.
sunikkat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 20:44   #89

Most people are lost in the glitter of DRLs and panaromic sunroof. Most oftenly such important questions are left unanswered.
Old 13th August 2022, 21:25   #90
BHPian

As many in this forum have felt Tuscon overpriced (for that matter, almost all the vehicles, these days), we need to look at it little more broadly.

These days every vehicle is over priced. Just look at the price of Virtus. In 2013, top end Vento (diesel) costed me ~12L in Bangalore. Today it is 22L in Bangalore. Look at the German/European cars' price increase overall in last 2 years! It is insane. Top end Fortuner is ~57L in Bangalore at present! Fortuner GR-S is ~62L!!

However, we are all missing the Big Elephant in the room - Taxes and Rupee depreciation. Just ask yourself one simple question - how much the manufacturer gets net of all taxes in selling each of these cars? Ex-showroom price is inclusive of 50% GST and other sundry taxes depending on imported components. Once the car is in your hand, 28% GST for services and components, even for tyres! On top of that states like Karnataka has 20% road tax. I am not even talking of expensive fuel, toll of more than a rupee per KM on highways, bad roads etc. It is heavily loaded against owning/driving a car. I am not sure how many of these manufacturers even with these insane prices, are laughing all the way to bank. We are all aware that some of the manufacturers decided to pack off from India.

While I am not condoning or absolving the the manufacturers of the charge of pricing their vehicles higher, I am of the view that bigger culprit is the taxes. Any growing economy must have a decent and not too expensive transport options. However, it seems that the entire state machinery does not want you to drive, by making it very expensive.

One may argue that we should use public transport more. That too is out of control now and has been so almost always. Just to give an example - about 3-4 years ago it used to cost ~500-800 Rs for Bangalore-Mangalore. Today it is ~1000-1400 Rs. Even within city, public transport is pathetic. Barring a few cities it is the same story across the country. Therein lies one of the answer to why such sorry state of affairs - too much is being sucked out of automotive industry. Point to ponder.
zensure is offline   (19) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks