Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2023, 10:10   #106

re: Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMrH View Post
But I have seen (on YouTube) people who booked the Thar on 10th Jan got their vehicle somewhere in central India and someone who booked on 9th Jan didn’t receive it yet. So I’m guessing it’s the dealer who decides who gets the thar when. Also the booking tracking hack from their website is disabled.
Might have something to do with Tier 2/3 vs Tier 1 cities. The demand in relatively smaller towns and cities is usually less. But then, M&M should provide vehicles to dealerships depending on number of bookings/demand of bookings, and not standardize it (i.e. x number of vehicles for all). M&M's system of providing stock to end-users is quite flawed, it seems.
Old 16th February 2023, 10:20   #107
BHPian

Quote:
. But I have seen (on YouTube) people who booked the Thar on 10th Jan got their vehicle somewhere in central India and someone who booked on 9th Jan didn’t receive it yet..
Had a similar question in my mind, which provoked me to write a mail to M&M customer care. They were prompt in their reply and this is what they said :

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd!

We understand your eagerness to get behind the wheels of Thar RWD. Delivery timelines may vary region/market wise and depend on model-variant booking skewness. This is as per current supply chain estimates, variant-wise production & allocation plan, and few other supply side factors .

Last edited by ankushbansal : 16th February 2023 at 10:26. Reason: grammatic error
Old 16th February 2023, 10:46   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorTheThar View Post
Seems like Southern India, especially Karnataka is getting the short end of the stick in terms of deliveries. Even on social media, most delivery posts/videos are from other parts of the country.
I had posted earlier. The petrol AT is readily available with some dealerships in Bangalore and was offered to me immediately. I think this is a classic case of trying to increase ticket size.
Old 16th February 2023, 12:13   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh4munni View Post
I think this is a classic case of trying to increase ticket size.
I still don't understand how this helps Mahindra though. They've earned a bad name in terms of logistics with the XUV700 and Scorpio-N fiasco. Why would they repeatedly do this to themselves, instead of just putting in a tad bit more effort into streamlining deliveries?
Old 16th February 2023, 12:54   #110
BHPian

Quote:
I still don't understand how this helps Mahindra though. They've earned a bad name in terms of logistics with the XUV700 and Scorpio-N fiasco. Why would they repeatedly do this to themselves, instead of just putting in a tad bit more effort into streamlining deliveries?
Like has been mentioned on this thread, they probably want to create artificial scarcity. I also feel they're playing the wait and watch game with the Jimny pricing and delivery timelines .
kesh4munni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 13:49   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh4munni View Post
I also feel they're playing the wait and watch game with the Jimny pricing and delivery timelines .
M&M could've burnt a hole in jimny sales by simply streamlining deliveries, because, let's be honest, the Thar, even in its RWD avatar is a much better value proposition than Jimny. This is in consideration of the fact why most people are buying Thar in the first place (butch looks, go-anywhere pedigree, and basically more car for the money). As such, anyone on the fence, or even looking at Jimny would quite easily have shifted to the Thar RWD. Alas, we'll never know what goes on in the minds of higher-up executives...
ThorTheThar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 14:31   #112
BHPian

Quote:
M&M could've burnt a hole in jimny sales by simply streamlining deliveries, because, let's be honest, the Thar, even in its RWD avatar is a much better value proposition than Jimny.
How so? Jimny is a proper offroader that is not really comparable to RWD Thar. Like if you need just for that butch presence and not any real offroading, then anyway Jimny's not for you, surely. Or if you're into Jimny's aesthetic, anyway you're sold on that.
epiccross is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 16:41   #113

Re: Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post
How so? Jimny is a proper offroader that is not really comparable to RWD Thar. Like if you need just for that butch presence and not any real offroading, then anyway Jimny's not for you, surely. Or if you're into Jimny's aesthetic, anyway you're sold on that.
Jimny, like the Thar, is going to be just an off-beat, lifestyle choice for almost all the buyers. As such, the Thar, even in 2WD, makes more sense.
Old 16th February 2023, 17:40   #114
BHPian

Has anyone booked a white and received any updates?
My booking was on Jan 5, Petrol white and the dealer does not have an update. They state whites have not been shipped, but other colours (black and gray) are available
P72NX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 18:26   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by P72NX View Post
They state whites have not been shipped, but other colours (black and gray) are available
This is something that I've noticed too. There's a pattern. Seems like, out of the 10 Thars that have been delivered now (hypothetically), 7 are black, 2 are grey and 1 is red. But it would also make sense for OEM to ship more of the colours that are always in demand (black being the most popular)
Old 16th February 2023, 21:03   #116

Brother your booking cannot be on 5th Jan. The booking has started evening 9th Jan.

I am the first in queue in Chandigarh for White colour my dealer informed me today. I was given tentative delivery date of 14th Feb and then 22nd Feb. But still they haven't recieved invoice of any white vehicle from Mahindra. They are saying the delay is from Mahindra plant. So that is the story.

I suggest you to speak to your dealer and confirm in their deliveries of white vehicles where your number stands. They have been provided the list by Mahindra. In this case I should say my dealer has been very transparent. Chandigarh de Jatt log Thar 4x4, XUV700, Scorpio Classic, ScorpioN and now Thar 4x2.. iss dealer ne itna chaapa hai. Paisa aata hai toh i suppose they can afford to maintain their dignity a bit.

Jokes apart I had a very transparent and helpful experience for my XUV700 with the Chandigarh dealer. May be because I was the first in the queue for the first booking (MX variant of XUV700); and now a White Thar. The dealer says there are very few bookings for a White thar.

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by P72NX View Post
Has anyone booked a white and received any updates?
My booking was on Jan 5, Petrol white and the dealer does not have an update. They state whites have not been shipped, but other colours (black and gray) are available
jumper_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 12:43   #117

Had booked LX 4x2 Diesel Manual Black on 9th Jan, directly from Koncept Mahindra, Okhla, Delhi. Received a call yesterday that my vehicle is dispatched from plant and I will receive delivery in the last week of February. Excited!
bulletfuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 16:20   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumper_ View Post
Brother your booking cannot be on 5th Jan. The booking has started evening 9th Jan.

I am the first in queue in Chandigarh for White colour my dealer informed me today. I was given tentative delivery date of 14th Feb and then 22nd Feb. But still they haven't recieved invoice of any white vehicle from Mahindra. They are saying the delay is from Mahindra plant. So that is the story.
Very similar stories here from the dealership.
I had 'pre-booked' before the bookings had opened, made the advance payment on Jan 5, as the dealer apparently had received a few vehicles in December 2022, and those would be delivered first in Jan.
I was/am one of those whose bookings weren't showing on the Mahindra website.
I reached out to customer care, and they confirmed the booking and said (at that time around third week Jan), that my delivery was scheduled for March.
Would be very disappointed if i don't get delivery by March 31.
P72NX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 16:28   #119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletfuel View Post
Had booked LX 4x2 Diesel Manual Black on 9th Jan, directly from Koncept Mahindra, Okhla, Delhi. Received a call yesterday that my vehicle is dispatched from plant and I will receive delivery in the last week of February. Excited!
Many a congratulations, would be thankful if you may let us know the colour that you've opted for.

Congratulations again.

Edit: my bad, Black has been mentioned.

In the NCR it seems, Red LX Diesel are yet to be delivered, haven't seen anyone getting one, anyone any clues ? Black ones are being delivered for the time being.

Anyone beyond the NCR with a Red LX manual Diesel?

Last edited by Torquedo : 17th February 2023 at 16:32.
Old 18th February 2023, 01:09   #120

For those of you who received the Thar RWD, I have a few questions.

1. Did you get 2 keys with remote lock or just 1 key with remote lock and 1 manual key? If it’s with manual key (spare), is it possible to buy or upgrade it to remote lock key? Representative from Mahindra told me that I have to change the entire lock set to get 2 remote lock keys.

2. What about the availability of accessories like Center and rear arm rests?

3. Availability of rear view camera and the software upgrade to enable rear view camera?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks