Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2023, 19:36   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini_Delhi View Post
M&M and dealers are taking everyone for a ride. I got frustrated with daily follow up, having booked on 10th Jan 23, cancelled the booking (online) on 20th Feb 23 evening, selecting one of the options w.r.t. Delay in Delivery. Cancelation is confirmed real time and next morning, the dealer, Indraprastha, Prashant Vihar calls up to say "Sir, aap lena chahte ho?, I can arrange". I asked for time to decide. By evening, M&M refunded the booking amount after deduction of 10% (on 21k). Next day, dealer calls again, this time in a different manner - jo color aapne book kiya hai, wahi available hai, aapki hi gaadi aayi hai" - from I can arrange, to it's your booked vehicle. This means they were having it from the company in hand, while M&M site keeps showing "delivery status not available", dealers keep looking for someone who can buy at a premium.
While honest tax paying people like us, provide the company interest-free booking amounts to play with, and then lose money on account of penal deduction, for games played by the dealer.
Normal behaviour for Mohindra. Unscrupulous business practices are encouraged there it seems, dealers are encouraged by Mohindra to be as shady as possible.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 21:17   #152

Thar and XUV700 booking pages updated with BS 6.2 moniker for all variants.

As of now, prices for 4x4 Thar remains same but Mahindra might be silently updating them soon.

Prices for all RWD variants hiked by 30k. While RDE compliancy is certain, not sure if their petrol engines are E20 compliant.

Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-thar-prices.jpg
Ragu_Durai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 21:43   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragu_Durai View Post

Prices for all RWD variants hiked by 30k. While RDE compliancy is certain, not sure if their petrol engines are E20 compliant.

Attachment 2423582
This could be the booking amount for 10,001th booking since earlier was introductory price.

Also curious that will Mahindra be able to deliver all the 10,000 vehicles booked before the stage 2 norms kick in with the introductory price?
Old 27th February 2023, 23:30   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMrH View Post
Also curious that will Mahindra be able to deliver all the 10,000 vehicles booked before the stage 2 norms kick in with the introductory price?
No way Mahindra would be able to deliver all those 10k. At max they would deliver some 3-4k before March end. People who are within that 10k have received tentative dates until Aug 2023 also. Mahindra can't keep making BS6.1 cars until March end as shipping those to dealers and registering all of those before March 31 would be a challenge. I feel that whatever gets billed from March 2nd week onwards would be BS6.2 variants only. Let's wait 2 more days to know the shipment numbers for Feb.
Old 28th February 2023, 04:50   #155
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have received a tentative delivery period of April 2023 for my RWD diesel MT. The dealer is not aware of anything. Customer care says contact the dealer and dealer says contact customer support. Email support gave me the information about April 2023.Let me see what happens!
Old 28th February 2023, 15:08   #156
BHPian

The dealer called me and confirmed that the car has been invoiced. Car is scheduled to be in the showroom in a week. Now to get the Thar in hand!!
Sorry about the back to back posts.
Admin
Please delete the above post.

Last edited by rajeevsulu : 28th February 2023 at 15:09. Reason: Adding content
rajeevsulu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 19:09   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
The dealer called me and confirmed that the car has been invoiced. Car is scheduled to be in the showroom in a week. Now to get the Thar in hand!!
Sorry about the back to back posts.
Admin
Please delete the above post.
Congratulations rajeevsulu. As the saying goes like 'persistence is the key to success'
snallagatla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 00:48   #158

[quote=rajeevsulu;5503692]The dealer called me and confirmed that the car has been invoiced. Car is scheduled to be in the showroom in a week./QUOTE]

Congratulations!

Which colour had you booked?
ThorTheThar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 13:46   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
OT:

Well, pardon me for saying this but something is very wrong with Creta and Crysta owners, nearly got pushed off a cliff at Charmadi Ghat near Mangalore by a Creta (I was driving an XUV500).
Absolutely nothing at all different here at Gurgaon and Lucknow. It's always that Creta (or the Crysta).

Fortuner, Endeavour, Scorpio N owners seem rather well-behaved compared to the above two. Guess I'll stick an Indian flag on the dashboard after delivery and grow a moustache (pls help ).
As a Creta owner I don't find this offensive, though I don't share the same opinion as you about Creta drivers - there is nothing in a Creta that will push one to the extent of taking on a Fortuner. It's possible that some of them upgraded from a slower/less powerful car and the zing and maneuverability of the Creta gets them overconfident. And for those select drivers, if they don't drive carefully they risk themselves being called ex-creta owners ( the - is most important ). In some other states it could be other cars - Fortuners themselves - as someone pointed out - in UP.

Back to the topic, I so agree with the "Leave me alone" bit. As a Thar owner the rest of the cars make way ( I don't know if they realize that their hatches can travel faster/accelerate faster due to light weight, but they don't rash-overtake or block when you try to overtake ). In the city though, esp a city like Bangalore where Thars are many and multiple in between, no such respect, the delivery guy riding an EV bike will still cut across stealthily (and now, with EV, silently too ).

Let's not forget the style quotient; not everything has to be a rational financial decision ( for that matter, no car is a rational financial decision for most), it's the same reason you buy a big home or get great interiors or get branded clothes - if you can afford those that is - you like them and you like that others give you the envying glance. Nothing wrong. I would love to get a luxury car some day, but if I don't, I might say that I find the annual maintenance cost of Rs. 2 lac too much for me to afford; but I cannot question others that can afford the 75L and the 2L annually too, however senseless that decision of buying looks to me in my own context.

Last edited by airguitar : 1st March 2023 at 13:53.
airguitar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 17:02   #160
BHPian

[quote=ThorTheThar;5504009]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
The dealer called me and confirmed that the car has been invoiced. Car is scheduled to be in the showroom in a week./QUOTE]

Congratulations!

Which colour had you booked?
The red one. Always wanted a red coloured Thar
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 06:30   #161
BHPian

[quote=rajeevsulu;5504423]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorTheThar View Post

The red one. Always wanted a red coloured Thar
Nice! Congratulations
P72NX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 12:50   #162
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Though I don't share the same opinion as you about Creta drivers - there is nothing in a Creta that will push one to the extent of taking on a Fortuner. In some other states it could be other cars - Fortuners themselves - as someone pointed out - in UP
Well, I disagree as well. If I had a dollar for every time a Creta tried to run me off the road or put me in a dangerous situation, I wouldn't be rich per se but would have a good amount of surplus cash.

Again, no offence to owners, before I get bashed for stating my experience. But it is something I have constantly seen and experienced, be it Karnataka or Uttar Pradesh.

And talking about the Fortuner vs Creta scenario, come visit UP and see it for yourself.
You'll be surprised how tame Fortuners are compared to Cretas, Crystas and that odd Carnival out there.

Fortuners and other big things go back into the lane after overtakes. Cretas and Crystas don't.

I think I'll bounce now. Peace.
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 13:47   #163
BHPian

With all these cons, users were buying this product only for 4*4 capability. Without 4*4, I was expecting that at least some of the cons would have been fixed, such as the bumpy ride quality. This variant is mainly for city riders. In my opinion, buying this variant with all those cons is simply not acceptable unless you need a status symbol of owning a Thar as a vehicle.
Old 2nd March 2023, 16:43   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
In my opinion, buying this variant with all those cons is simply not acceptable unless you need a status symbol of owning a Thar as a vehicle.
Thar is not a status symbol on the contrary the reverse is true. The first objection that my family and friends had was that it’s not car for doctors. My wife asked me to get a german sedan for the car itch that I have ( she doesn’t like spending money nor is into status - for her a car is just four wheels and roof in her exact words )
Old 2nd March 2023, 17:48   #165
BANNED

Prices on the LX Diesel jacked up by 50K, it's there on the website when go for booking one.

Last edited by Torquedo : 2nd March 2023 at 17:49.
Torquedo is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks