Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2023, 13:03   #256

Re: Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Wow that grill looks super cool. Where did you get it done? I didn’t know that Mahindra people installed the Wrangler grill too.

Congratulations on taking the delivery of a fantastic vehicle.
I haven't taken the delivery, this photo was taken by the guy who fitted the grill. Hopefully this week.
EcoSport_Thar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 14:45   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoSport_Thar View Post
I haven't taken the delivery, this photo was taken by the guy who fitted the grill. Hopefully this week.
Looks great! Who is the vendor for the grill?
Old 28th March 2023, 14:50   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by P72NX View Post
Looks great! Who is the vendor for the grill?
I got it from Sireesh Yelahanka dealer itself. I haven't checked it out in person as yet, it looks good in the pics atleast.
Old 28th March 2023, 19:49   #259
BHPian

Quote:
I got it from Sireesh Yelahanka dealer itself. I haven't checked it out in person as yet, it looks good in the pics atleast.
Love it. Can you share contact details of who to get in touch with?
PPS doesn't have it. I'd like to have this fitted
Old 29th March 2023, 15:48   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by P72NX View Post
Love it. Can you share contact details of who to get in touch with?
PPS doesn't have it. I'd like to have this fitted
Best would be to contact Lokesh - 9980155200
Old 30th March 2023, 12:32   #261
Senior - BHPian

Is the hard top hard enough to keep the weather outside? Is it detachable in anyway? I think it would have been better if Mahindra had offered a metal body itself that would have been more insulating from outside rain etc like the two door Jimny. What do you guys think?
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 15:15   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Is the hard top hard enough to keep the weather outside? Is it detachable in anyway? I think it would have been better if Mahindra had offered a metal body itself that would have been more insulating from outside rain etc like the two door Jimny. What do you guys think?
This does make sense. A unit 'attached' to the actual body of the vehicle will never be as airtight as a roof that is moulded out of the metal of the body itself. Hence, the experience of wind noise and sometimes water drip in heavy rain (rare, but not unheard of).

I think Mahindra does the hard top separately purely for convenience of production. Manufacturing the current body shell, and simply fixing either a hard top or a soft top is more efficient than having two different manufacturing units, one for hard top (complete shell) and one for soft top/convertible (current body shell). As it is, Mahindra is struggling with production, and doing the latter would add to its headaches.
ThorTheThar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 17:30   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Best would be to contact Lokesh - 9980155200
Spoke to Lokesh, thank you.
They have different colour grills, will paint it white.
Costs about 20-22k minus fitting charges.
Seems a bit steep
Old 31st March 2023, 13:43   #264
BHPian

Mahindra touched the 1 Lac Mark after RWD introduction speaks volumes for how fast the RWD is moving.

Recently a friend was asked for 1 Lac to expedite the delivery by the dealer over and above the add ons like insurance, RSA + Shield , Accessories etc . 1 lac is black of the old times never heard of this of late but such is the demand that delers are asking and people are paying.

I was lucky I only paid Ex Showroom and Registration nothing else . My delivery was one of the first in the City car was with dealer on 29 Jan.

Have done 4 k km . Three Agra - Del trips and one tank is what it takes about 35 L for expway and City driving of about 600 km.
Old 1st April 2023, 13:06   #265
BHPian

Does any one have any information about Mahindra resuming RWD billing?
Old 1st April 2023, 17:00   #266

With my constant weekly followups, I have got to know that Mahindra was waiting for this fiscal year end to start billing.

The dealers get billings for the month around 15th and 26th July which may vary city to city.

Time to keep them on their toes to get our vehicles delivered
Old 1st April 2023, 17:03   #267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urorobo View Post
Mahindra touched the 1 Lac Mark after RWD introduction speaks volumes for how fast the RWD is moving.

Recently a friend was asked for 1 Lac to expedite the delivery by the dealer over and above the add ons like insurance, RSA + Shield , Accessories etc . 1 lac is black of the old times never heard of this of late but such is the demand that delers are asking and people are paying.

I was lucky I only paid Ex Showroom and Registration nothing else . My delivery was one of the first in the City car was with dealer on 29 Jan.

Have done 4 k km . Three Agra - Del trips and one tank is what it takes about 35 L for expway and City driving of about 600 km.
I was ready to pay a premium to the dealer's sales head to get my vehicle delivered faster as my CPD is June 2024 and I can't possibly wait for that long. They were good enough to humbly deny saying that they will get my vehicle as fast as they can but they won't take any money from any customer for this.

The dealer knows me well since a lot of my friends got Mahindra cars in the past and I have been around when they took delivery.
shank_revzilla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 21:35   #268
BHPian

Gentlemen,

Got the delivery of my Aquamarine Diesel today. Everything was by the books, no shady business, and the delivery experience was good too. The software update for reverse parking camera will apparently be done in the 1000km checkup. Some of the accessories I had originally wanted were out of stock, and couldn't be delivered, so the amount was subtracted from the accessories bill (paid ₹ 10,450/- for the accessories).

Also, when I'd received the pictures from the stockyard, there were several RWDs lined up there (~ 50), with units of nearly all colours. I'm guessing the invoicing and deliveries will speed up henceforth.

Loving the machine till now. Loved the oomph from the engine, and the delectable torque down low. Have a jungle drive-through scheduled for later in the month, so hoping to experience the rough road capabilities soon.

Question: Has anyone faced some roughness from the hill descent control in their unit? I mean, it's working, but the retraction feels kinda rough (sound and feel)
ThorTheThar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 23:04   #269

Got mine yesterday after a long wait! Already driven 150 km, loved every minute of the driving.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-whatsapp-image-20230401-5.25.25-pm.jpeg  

EcoSport_Thar is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 23:08   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorTheThar View Post
Gentlemen,

Got the delivery of my Aquamarine Diesel today. Everything was by the books, no shady business, and the delivery experience was good too. The software update for reverse parking camera will apparently be done in the 1000km checkup. Some of the accessories I had originally wanted were out of stock, and couldn't be delivered, so the amount was subtracted from the accessories bill (paid ₹ 10,450/- for the accessories).

Also, when I'd received the pictures from the stockyard, there were several RWDs lined up there (~ 50), with units of nearly all colours. I'm guessing the invoicing and deliveries will speed up henceforth.

Loving the machine till now. Loved the oomph from the engine, and the delectable torque down low. Have a jungle drive-through scheduled for later in the month, so hoping to experience the rough road capabilities soon.

Question: Has anyone faced some roughness from the hill descent control in their unit? I mean, it's working, but the retraction feels kinda rough (sound and feel)
Congratulations on your new Thar

I experienced the roughness on my 4 to 5 test drives when I tried HDC, the brakes do screech a little but I guess that is the brake pads at heavy work. This was noticed on both Petrol and Thar RWD and 4x4s. These TD vehicles had done 100-200kms on the ODO. I believe this is standard on all Thars

BTW, who is your dealer in Bangalore?
shank_revzilla is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks