Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2023, 17:10   #121

Re: Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletfuel View Post
Had booked LX 4x2 Diesel Manual Black on 9th Jan, directly from Koncept Mahindra, Okhla, Delhi. ....
.. delivery in the last week of February. Excited!
Great.. Congrats. I have booked from Koncept Noida, on 9th only. No updates from the dealer till now. When did you book on 9th? My booking was at around 7pm.
Old 18th February 2023, 20:39   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_miles View Post
Great.. Congrats. I have booked from Koncept Noida, on 9th only. No updates from the dealer till now. When did you book on 9th? My booking was at around 7pm.
Had already contacted the dealer in the morning after price announcement and he asked me to book directly with them instead of online to get early delivery. Payment was made right after bookings opened at 4.30pm approx. on 9th Jan. Got the booking docket details by 6pm.
bulletfuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 22:56   #123

Got an update from the dealer that even though i booked on 13th Jan, i wont have price protection and I’ll have to pay the price at the time of delivery which is estimated to be around Jan ‘24. Does this still make it a decent deal?
Old 19th February 2023, 10:13   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiri_19 View Post
Got an update from the dealer that even though i booked on 13th Jan, i wont have price protection and I’ll have to pay the price at the time of delivery which is estimated to be around Jan ‘24. Does this still make it a decent deal?
IMHO, if the price bump is <=₹ 70 k, it would still be a sweet deal, since it would affect the on-road by ₹1-1.5L depending on the state. If the price increases by more, you'd want to consider other options as well (considering the wait too)

Best way forward would probably be to ask the dealer for tentative increase in prices
ThorTheThar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 20:52   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMrH View Post
For those of you who received the Thar RWD, I have a few questions.

1. Did you get 2 keys with remote lock or just 1 key with remote lock and 1 manual key? If it’s with manual key (spare), is it possible to buy or upgrade it to remote lock key? Representative from Mahindra told me that I have to change the entire lock set to get 2 remote lock keys.

2. What about the availability of accessories like Center and rear arm rests?

3. Availability of rear view camera and the software upgrade to enable rear view camera?
1. I got 2 Remote Keys with my LX Diesel.

2. All are available because they are the same as the 4WD also.

3. I got it fitted and it works Ok. I believe the Rear cam has issues with the AT version.
mura is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 21:08   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura View Post
1. I got 2 Remote Keys with my LX Diesel.
Thank you. What is the kerb weight as mentioned in the RC book for RWD 1.5 Diesel?
Old 21st February 2023, 12:48   #127
BHPian

Happy to share that we took delivery of our RED Thar 1.5 RWD on Feb 11th. Had booked the vehicle on Jan 9th at around 5.30PM at the dealership. Vehicle was invoiced on Jan 31st. Completed PDI and payment formalities the following week. The thar had 11kms on the ODO when I checked it at the dealer yard. I got 1 remote key and 1 regular key (foldable key fob without remote). Have driven about 700kms so far. The FE on the first tank was about 14kmpl with 50% city and 50% highway. The MID was showing 16.5 kmpl. The DTE after the first fillup was 575kms and on the after the 2nd fillup went up to 806kms. I drove about 120 kms after the 2nd fillup and now the DTE is about 550kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB290 View Post
Thank you. What is the kerb weight as mentioned in the RC book for RWD 1.5 Diesel?
Unladen Wt is 1690 kgs and Gross (Kerb) Wt is 2115kgs.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 21st February 2023 at 13:38. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Quote+/Edit functionality to quote multiple posts.
nish6474 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 17:25   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by nish6474 View Post
I got 1 remote key and 1 regular key (foldable key fob without remote).
Is your model AX Opt or LX?

Another member @mura has mentioned that he received 2 remote keys.
Ragu_Durai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 12:37   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragu_Durai View Post
Is your model AX Opt or LX?

Another member @mura has mentioned that he received 2 remote keys.
Mine is LX. The 2 keys received look similar except for 1 key does not have the buttons on it for locking/unlocking.

@Mura - Can you please confirm that the 2 keys you received have the buttons for lock/unlock.
Old 22nd February 2023, 12:49   #130
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Whether 4x4 or 4x2 every Mahindra Thar comes with 2 keys.
One is a remote key fob
The second is a simple manual flippy key.
If one wants to have two remote keys, then one needs to go to the service centre, buy the remote key fob from them, give them the Thar with both the keys one has and they will program the remote controllers and do a ‘key learning’ action and give you back the Thar with 2 identical properly working remote key fobs with the flippy keys sitting inside. One key fob cover (which didnt have the remote buttons in the first place, will just go to scrap.)
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 23:56   #131
BHPian

I had booked Thar Lx rwd model in Grey color online on night of 9th Jan and chose Panchkula dealer.

Initially, the delivery date was being shown as July-August 2023.

However, got a call from dealer today that they can provide an early delivery within next 7 days. I denied since I am planning it for the next F.Y. around June-July only.
Grr7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 00:13   #132
BHPian

I am interested in the RWD petrol automatic, anyone booked or took delivery? How is it compared to 4 WD? Does it make sense to pick the RWD compared to 4 WD except for the mileage?.

I am not looking do hard core off road, maybe mild off roading where there are no or bad roads. Any insights appreciated.
Old 25th February 2023, 01:47   #133
BHPian

Has anyone booked recieved the base RWD LX OPT model or driven it ?

Is the ride quality of that model better than LX as the wheels have taller sidewalls

I Have been driving with 30 PSI as against 32 and noticed decreased acceleration, lower FE on MID by about 0.5km/L but better ride.

MID shows 17 - 17.5 as FE ( have not done tankful method). Even if we drop 2-3 kmpl then 14-15 is a reasonable figure as am only doing city driving.

My friends with LR Discovery and Q5 are thinking of getting a Thar ! Such is the appeal of this car 😊
Old 25th February 2023, 09:45   #134
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urorobo View Post
Has anyone booked recieved the base RWD LX OPT model or driven it ?

Such is the appeal of this car ��
My friend in Coorg got his Black AX Thar Soft Top base version Petrol Manual 4x4 in November 2020. Quite possible that it may have been the very first ones delivered in KA.
Im posting this here because it is basically a Rear wheel drive vehicle when it is in 2WD Mode, which is what we use most of the time. So the comparison is within the tolerance limit.

He had at the time removed the top and was using it as a coffee bag and fertiliser hauler. When visiting him in 2021 Feb the very first weekend after getting my Thar, Ive also driven his Thar with its 16 inch steel wheels and standard stock tyres which have a good amount of sidewall flex just to take a point of reference. He has not done any upgrades and modifications to it. It handled very nicely with its open top and shorter wheels. And its ride quality was comfortable on those winding hill roads.

Two and half years into the game, he does say its ride is as expected of a Jeepy thing. And the fuel efficiency of course is a challenge. Other than that, to use his own words, which I echo, is that ‘It is such a Joy to drive!’

There is something about a Jeepy thing, soft top, hard top, open top, whatever it is, which just appeals to some emotion deep within us. Cannot put a finger on it but in my case at least its always been there.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-8dcba739c700466f93c3bc181962abd2.jpeg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 25th February 2023 at 09:51.
shankar.balan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 19:49   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nish6474 View Post
Mine is LX. The 2 keys received look similar except for 1 key does not have the buttons on it for locking/unlocking.

@Mura - Can you please confirm that the 2 keys you received have the buttons for lock/unlock.
I did get two remote keys but one was an accessory option that the dealer
gave me as a freebie. I did not know that before as it was my brother who went to take delivery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks