Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2023, 12:11   #61
BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 Aircross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42 View Post
With the current configuration of the C3 Aircross, Citroen will need bombshell pricing. It might work if it is ~2 Lacs above the C3 Shine. That'll be approx 9.6L for the manual and 10.7-11L (ex-showroom) with a good automatic, cruise control and hill hold. If Citroen need to charge more, they would have been better off making it a proper premium product that can fight with the Creta. This one can't.
You have to compare it with C3 Shine Turbo and not the C3 Shine NA. The price of C3 Shine turbo is ~8.9 L. So I would expect the top end manual to be priced just below 11L.

If Citroen really wants to disrupt the market and target the customers who are considering Creta and Seltos lower MT NA variants, they should price C3 Aircross at 9.99 L. This will affect the C3 shine turbo sales, but they are not selling them a lot anyway. Pricing it below 10L will also bring down the OTR price by about 50K in many states, so the OTR price will be so compelling for anyone to ignore C3 Aircross.
Old 10th August 2023, 01:53   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus1975 View Post
You have to compare it with C3 Shine Turbo and not the C3 Shine NA. The price of C3 Shine turbo is ~8.9 L. So I would expect the top end manual to be priced just below 11L.

If Citroen really wants to disrupt the market and target the customers who are considering Creta and Seltos lower MT NA variants, they should price C3 Aircross at 9.99 L. This will affect the C3 shine turbo sales, but they are not selling them a lot anyway. Pricing it below 10L will also bring down the OTR price by about 50K in many states, so the OTR price will be so compelling for anyone to ignore C3 Aircross.
I did mean ~2L gap from the NA Shine. The 2Lac is for the engine + the larger size. Your own suggestion of 9.99L for manual (and presumably 10.99L for automatic) isn't that far from my suggested ideal price range if Citroen wants to sell a lot of this model.

But I don't think Citroen can achieve this, especially as taxation is higher on vehicles above 4m length. Knowing that the car cannot be priced very aggressively, Citroen should have gone about giving it a feature loaded, premium feel at a higher price. Now they will be stuck in a bad position - a car that feels cheap but demands a higher-than-expected price for that cheap feeling. The product strategy at Citroen is strange.

The point of comparing it to a better equipped Brezza was to highlight that buyers have options that feel a lot better at prices lower than where C3 Aircross may be priced. A lot of people who don't really need the larger size will happily go down to a Brezza. The ones who prefer a bigger, better car may go up the price chain and stick to Hyryders/Grand Vitaras and Cretas. The new Nexon is also supposed to be far more premium. The C3 Aircross may manage to lose both the value conscious and the premium buyer with bad product-price positioning.
guptad42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 14:52   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a dirty test drive C3 AirCross in Chennai today. Looks like the base model. You can imagine how this can look once it is older by seeing this picture. Not very pretty - the metallic parts look dull and the paint looked aged. The flap type handles also cheapen the look. The only saving grace are the edgy tail lights.
Citroen C3 Aircross Review-e74d9bc552d84ecea2946b3490143sa64.jpg

Last edited by Omkar : 10th August 2023 at 16:52. Reason: Adding watermark
84.monsoon is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 18:26   #64
Senior - BHPian

Even brand new car from other manufacturer's, be it Maruti or be it Mercedes, can look ugly if it is dirty. This happens mainly for white color. Also this is a test car, so must have gone through some hard time and must have seen all weathers. Citroen cars in fact has better paint quality in my opinion in the segment and will age decently. Car above is without even wheel caps, that makes things even worse here, nothing else.

Last edited by aniketi : 11th August 2023 at 18:27.
aniketi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 15:49   #65
BHPian

For C3 Aircross 5 seater, Is there no AUTOMATIC Transmission on offer?
I have seen the reviews and every reviewer is saying that the clutch is too hard.
Old 13th August 2023, 16:06   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
None of the C3 Aircross model is equipped with an automatic transmission sadly.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 13th August 2023 at 16:07. Reason: Typo
Old 13th August 2023, 16:53   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
None of the C3 Aircross model is equipped with an automatic transmission sadly.
Already the 0 safety ratings of C3 has created doubts in the minds of INDIAN buyers. Now launching a car without an Automatic Transmission will hurt Citroen very badly. Very few manufacturers understand Indian buyers!

- No Automatic Transmission on offer.
- No Service Stations Nearby
- No Marketing
- No Sale Outlets
- No Resale

Additionally, It has a Hard Clutch and its only offered in Manual Transmission, who will buy Citroen? Its already killed on arrival by Strong Competition from Cretas, Seltos, Grand Vitara and upcoming Honda Elevate

Even if this car is priced 2-3 lakhs lower than competion, still the chances of getting success are very thin. A price sensitive buyer in India always plays safe and buys Hyundai and Maruti.

However this perception may change if Automatic Transmission is on offer!

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 13th August 2023 at 17:13.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 23:41   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
It’s worth noting that the engine is an MPFi turbo petrol unit like Nexon’s, and not direct injection like Hyundai or VW.
May I know the source of the information because everywhere on the internet the results are showing Puretech 110 engine having direct injection:
https://www.media.stellantis.com/em-...-year-in-a-row
https://www.media.stellantis.com/em-...ntal-expertise

One of the key components of the combustion system is the injector which has to ensure optimal air-fuel mixture in all conditions. And it should not be easy to change fuel injection from one(direct injection) to another(port injection), even if less complex, as it would involve lot of changes & that too keeping emissions under control. It has taken Tata few years to transition its MPFi engine to DI.

But the other point to note is that the engine here in India has peak torque of 190 Nm whereas in all international markets it is having 205 Nm torque(and some higher models get 130 hp/230 Nm state of tune).
Old 14th August 2023, 16:15   #69
Senior - BHPian

ACI reports that Aircross will have a six speed Torque Converter Automatic.

It has been showcased in Indonesia already.

ashutoshb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 15:12   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
I have seen the reviews and every reviewer is saying that the clutch is too hard.
It seems, we Indians need to wait for the automatic variant. Please check the news link below:

Citroen C3 Aircross automatic debuts in Indonesia
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...donesia-429032
Old 17th August 2023, 09:04   #71
BHPian

I wonder, why Citroen doesn't get it? So much basic features lacking or using dated options like flap type door opener! Look at the finish of seats, very poor quality execution. I think this is bound to fail in market. They should learn from Korean car makers.
Old 25th August 2023, 10:59   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
I wonder, why Citroen doesn't get it? So much basic features lacking or using dated options like flap type door opener! Look at the finish of seats, very poor quality execution. I think this is bound to fail in market. They should learn from Korean car makers.
I think we will have to start getting used to Flap Type Door handles/openers. It is making a comeback!

The latest BMW 5-series (G60) has pukka flap type door handles and all the BMW Ads show it off proudly. The G70 7-series has also gotten rid of the nice chunky protruding door handle we all love, although mercifully, it is an electrically operated press pad rather than a flap type handle. The new X1 (U11) also sports a flap type door handle.

Citroen C3 Aircross Review-5-series-door-handles.png
Citroen C3 Aircross Review-x1-dh.png

All of this is being done to reduce aerodynamic resistance, Chunky protruding door handles d increase drag, although probably be a very small margin. When emissions and FE is being measured microscopically to make any minute improvement possible due to tightening regulation around the world, even small improvements matter. I would rather BMW compromise on the door handle looks than drastically cut power output as they have been doing recently, for example with the new X1 petrol (power being reduced to a mere 136 HP to balance out overall corporate Fuel Economy - See my thread for more background on this --> https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5479969 (Understanding BMW's bizarre choice of engines & variants for India))

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 25th August 2023 at 11:01.
84.monsoon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 11:51   #73
Team-BHP Support

Another reason for recessed door handles was to prevent them freezing up in winter
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 21:36   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

New Citroën C3 Aircross will have 7-speed gearbox in Brazil.

Quote:
the case of the CVT automatic transmission of 7 simulated gears, with the option of sequential changes, which will be the same already used by Fiat models. It is the first time that Citroën has officially announced the transmission for the C3 Aircross. Currently, the box is only available in association with the 1.3 Firefly and 1.0 T200 engines. In the case of Aircross, we bet that the 130 hp turbo propellant will be the only option offered in Brazil.
Citroen C3 Aircross Review-screenshot-20230825-213553.png

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 16:33   #75

Today, I came across a fully camouflaged Citroen test mule on GST road, Chromepet (Chennai). Looked very much like a C3 Aircross with temporary registration and the exhaust was visible. Is Citroen getting ready for an updated/facelift model even before the car is up for the general public?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks