Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2023, 19:52   #91
BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 Aircross Review

Quoting from Autocar, it appears that the top end trim will be priced at around 11.99 ex showroom. That will be fantastic value if true. Agreed there are a lot of misses, but at that price, can you really complain

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...gs-open-429318
coldice4u is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 21:46   #92
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Citroen's sales strategy aside, this is, quite a decent pricing. The plus variant is the most VFM variant and has almost all the required features. The way this car looks and the steering wheel design are the stand out things for me. Not too forget, the turbo petrol engine. Even the You variant is decently equipped but the lack of audio steering controls is something I can't overlook, especially when aftermarket options for Citroen is extremely limited if not lacking completely.

Wonder what stops them from offering additional higher variants with all the other additional features which the competition offers. This way, both the purists and the non-purists will be satisfied.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 23:54   #93
Senior - BHPian

It's a decent starting price. If I really needed a 7 seater family hauler on a budget, I would probably pick this over the Kia carens for cheaper or pay the premium over the Ertiga/XL6 all of which come with a substantial risk to family in case of any accident due to substandard steel used and unstable bodyshells. Hopefully, this car was made with better regard for the life of its customers.

People seem to be comparing this price to the price of cars 3-4 years ago. All prices have substantially gone up due to inflation. Most of the cars we normally assume to be 7-8L are already selling for more than 10L now
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 00:42   #94
BHPian

The C3 Aircross You variant is decently priced to what it is offering. (it is missing a lot; likely it is introductory and they will raise the prices soon)

The 1.2L turbo petrol engine alone isn't going to help the sales, they should walk the talk by bringing the Automatic variants (or announce a timeline) and launch a true TOP variant with features on par with the competition (even if they cannot produce any/many right away).
The longer they keep prolonging this, it will damage the Citroen brand (atleast in India).

Passenger Safety is still a question that they have not fully addressed. Even in the brochure, it is not detailed properly (maybe include some strength testing images or something!). With just 2 airbags the maximum they can score is 3 stars, and I am not hopeful of them getting even that with these variants.

Last edited by ComboCutter : 16th September 2023 at 00:43.
ComboCutter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 06:17   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Prices for the new Citroen C3 Aircross start from Rs 9.99 lakh.
Citroen India reveals indicative prices of the top two variants.

Citroen C3 Aircross Review-20230916_061604.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 16th September 2023 at 06:32.
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 07:16   #96
Senior - BHPian

Configurator is live too.

Shows the kit level of all three variants.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C3 Aircross Review-screenshot_202309151443412.png  

Citroen C3 Aircross Review-screenshot_202309151446203.png  

Citroen C3 Aircross Review-screenshot_202309151444412.png  

Citroen C3 Aircross Review-screenshot_202309151446382.png  

Citroen C3 Aircross Review-screenshot_202309151445122.png  

Citroen C3 Aircross Review-screenshot_202309151446542.png  

ashutoshb is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 09:23   #97
BHPian

What's up with car manufacturers in India? why are they not providing rear wipers on base models? Is that so expensive to add? What difference it will make by skipping it on base model and adding it on top of the line models. Govt. should make it mandatory as a safety feature across the lineup.
MotoDrive is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 10:47   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Not sure why people think that this is a bad price. Since the feature set is minimal any way, i see the top versions of this car to be priced at 12.99 lakhs. No other car in this segment provides the flexibility of seating 7, space and the ride comfort as per the reviews.
This can attract some buyers from the Etiga-XL6 crowd as well as some people from the Seltos-Creta segment buyers. All they need is to add the automatic, get atleast the ACC, retractable mirrors and six airbags as standard
Why this is bad price -

1. Citroën is not a established brand here in India, they still need to do lots of work.
2. Base model is only 5 seater and don't even have AC for rear passengers which is available in all competitors cars.
3. For most of the people it's still 1.2 and others have 1.5.
4. This is not proper 7 seater as well like Ertiga or Innova. This segment people needs mainly 5 seater only. So it's not here or there, in between only.
5. Though it has safety features, people here prefer features over safety. That's the reality.

Last edited by aniketi : 16th September 2023 at 10:52.
aniketi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 15:34   #99
Senior - BHPian

The car has reached the showrooms.

Will visit the Noida showroom on Monday to have a look.

ashutoshb is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 16:03   #100
BHPian

I feel this is decent pricing. Remember this is not a sub-4m compact SUV but a mid-size crossover. Although it misses on many features, but it still is decently equipped. Add to it the flexibility of 2 more seats although small. And it looks better than many others.
Knightrider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 16:59   #101
BHPian

While the entry spec pricing is decent, when will they announce the rest. This is taking indecisiveness to the a couple of levels higher. And to top it, it is all in full display for the public.

Atleast at the higher trims, they should have given a good TC Auto. The competition has 4-6 engine transmission combos and these guys are not able to go beyond 1.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 17:58   #102
BHPian

Very well judged pricing! A superb vehicle for practical people who prefers usability over frills. All the basic criterias are being taken care of - Comfy ride quality ( going by my EC3 test drive experience), space for extra two if need be, healthy ground clearance, cracker of a turbo petrol engine, service at home facility.
Phantom 510 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 19:08   #103
BHPian

Citroen C3 Aircross is available at Hosur Road, Bangalore showroom. Had a brief test drive today.
The vehicle is good to drive. The gears slot nicely. However, the clutch travel is slightly long and has a springy action.
The second row seat can accommodate three people and is better than that of the Honda Elevate which has a raised middle area. The third row seats are strictly for children.
jathin is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 05:06   #104
BHPian

The biggest limitation is the unavailability of an automatic.

I really liked the C3 when I test drove it. Chased up the SA for the automatic, but they have no clue. I’ve plonked it down on the Jimny instead.

In this day and age, I see the lack of an automatic being a deal breaker for ATLEAST 50% of the people that may consider this.

However the automatic will jack up prices by 1.5 to 2L, at which point the bare bones interior and feature list will start to be questioned more seriously in comparison to the competition.

Citroen have some thinking to do.
dingolphie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 17:09   #105
BHPian

Checked out the C3 aircross today, both the 5 person and the 5+2 Max versions. Looks quite good and big from outside. Had an open conversation with the showroom person and for several queries, he was candid enough to remark that " Sir even we dont know and dont like it, we have communicated that to the higher ups". These included the very basic keys, the rear window buttons on the central console and the lack of projector headlamps. The other findings were as follows

Build: Exterior build looks good and solid. Front door heft was better than the Elevate we had checked out earlier and was almost like my Aspire.

Seating: The middle row in 5 person is really spacious and comfy like a sofa but lacked overhead air vents. In the seven-seater one the middle seat base was narrower by 2 inches, seat back a tad less inclined leg space is a bit less. But in both the cases the seating is very good and can easily seat 3 persons (see image for middle space for the third person)

The third row in the seven-seater is only and only for kids. With me sitting behind with my knees folded almost to my chest (height 5'10"), the middle row seat couldn't be folded back into position. But the tumbling of the middle row and removal mechanism of the third row is silky smooth.

Having the air vents overhead felt quite useful, and should have been provided in the 5-person variant too. But the showroom person was super confident that the ac itself is very powerful and the cool air reaches everywhere even without the middle row vents.

Othe findings:

1. Steering: Very nice to hold and getting into a driving position was easy despite the lack of telescopic adjustment.
2.View from driver's seat is commanding.
3. Driver seat armrest actually provides some rest compared to some other cars but for every time you want to access the rear window buttons, the arm rest has to be folded too.
4. The roof liner in the was quite cheap in look and feel and the rear cabin light in the seven-seater was already loose and looked like it may fall off.
5. The boot is really cavernous but the boot light is very small and quite dim.
6. The air vents both in the dash and the middle row in the 7-seater looks quite cool in design, but will they last?!
7.Rear camera quality is okay-ish.
8.The infotainment touch screen was really nice and crisp.

Test drives will be available from the 20th onwards.
Overall, i, I had a positive impression despite lacking quite a few features. I feel this would be a good car to drive and travel in, if one could adjust to not having some niceties.

As per the showroom person the top versions will be around 14.8 L for 5 seater and 15.2 L for the seven-seater on road at Raipur.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C3 Aircross Review-whatsapp-image-20230917-16.57.23.jpg  

Razor44 is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks