Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2023, 13:19   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 Aircross Review

Citroen C3 Aircross pre-bookings open on 15th sept.

Citroen C3 Aircross Review-smartselect_20230905131739_x.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 5th September 2023 at 13:20.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 19:08   #77
BHPian

Citroen Oh Citroen! With all the facelifts of major brands being launched this month, what are you even trying to do?

Such a capable product not being backed by marketing and no automatics at launch. Good luck! Anybody on Team-BHP planning to book? would like to hear your perspective.
Old 5th September 2023, 22:12   #78
BHPian

The coming up commercial is out on TV and it is sad. Citroen itself is not very convinced I think with its interiors. They hardly show anything from the interiors. And the bit they show - of rear seats is so uninspiring. The lack of quality of that seat upholstery is glaringly visible. Better interior quality, ACC, and Auto Gearbox, and this car could have given anything from a segment below and slightly higher a great run for money.
theabstractmind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 11:29   #79
Senior - BHPian

Prices for the new Citroen C3 Aircross start from Rs 9.99 lakh. Prices for higher trims have not yet been announced

Citroen C3 Aircross Review-20230915_113020.jpg

- Bookings are open from today for a token amount of Rs 25,000

- Deliveries are scheduled to begin from the 15th of October.

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 15th September 2023 at 11:56.
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 12:26   #80
Senior - BHPian

Really ambitious pricing by Citroën. I don't think this will work in such a competitive market we have. Base variant is quite bare bone and many basic features are missing. God bless Citroën now.

Why other model pricing not announced? What a stupid strategy to announce only base model? Really sad management.
aniketi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 13:11   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
God bless Citroën now.
Forget this car, this brand itself is DEAD before arrival! I fail to understand which world are they living in. Inspite of having SUV's in all the hot segments they've been a complete failure. The state is such that people have already forgotten that there's a car call the C5 available in the market.

On a side note, we've just got their 1st (and probably the last) showroom here in Goa.
ashvek3141 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 13:30   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Really ambitious pricing by Citroën. I don't think this will work in such a competitive market we have. Base variant is quite bare bone and many basic features are missing. God bless Citroën now.

Why other model pricing not announced? What a stupid strategy to announce only base model? Really sad management.
If there was an award for the stupidest auto business strategy in India (and by lord we have had many), it would go to Citroen.

Who is their consultant?
avishar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 13:31   #83
BHPian

Not sure why people think that this is a bad price. Since the feature set is minimal any way, i see the top versions of this car to be priced at 12.99 lakhs. No other car in this segment provides the flexibility of seating 7, space and the ride comfort as per the reviews.
This can attract some buyers from the Etiga-XL6 crowd as well as some people from the Seltos-Creta segment buyers. All they need is to add the automatic, get atleast the ACC, retractable mirrors and six airbags as standard
coldice4u is online now   (36) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 15:20   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
No other car in this segment provides the flexibility of seating 7, space and the ride comfort as per the reviews.
Plus 1.2 liter GDI+turbo petrol engine which is superior to 1.5 liter NA engines.
ishekk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 15:21   #85
BHPian

This is a decent price I would say. Not sure why people feel otherwise, it is beyond 4m so taxes are on the higher side. They can't price it like Brezza or Nexon.

For me, I appreciate the fact that they are introducing new products unlike some who just rebadge and sell (looking at you Toyota). Sure, they need to learn and understand Indian market but I see a potential here.

I would want to buy this one but I don't need a second car as of now. Otherwise I would love to try Citroen.
Sahil00090 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 17:06   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus1975 View Post
If Citroen really wants to disrupt the market and target the customers who are considering Creta and Seltos lower MT NA variants, they should price C3 Aircross at 9.99 L. This will affect the C3 shine turbo sales, but they are not selling them a lot anyway. Pricing it below 10L will also bring down the OTR price by about 50K in many states, so the OTR price will be so compelling for anyone to ignore C3 Aircross.
I'm happy that Citroen has listened to my advice!
venus1975 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 17:24   #87
BHPian

At Rs. 9.99L, the C3 Aircross undercuts all the >4M SUVs by Rs. 80k-1L and almost matches the Maruti Ertiga VXI variant. Of course, announcing the price without actually detailing the variant wise specification sheet is a strategy that I cannot begin to understand.

If the base variant has all the necessities, then I can see this selling fairly well. Fairly well for Citroen is more like 2000 cars, not 10000 cars like the Seltos/Creta.

Last edited by sf71hvettel : 15th September 2023 at 17:25.
sf71hvettel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 17:37   #88
BHPian

Citroen needs to shade off its limited presence and need a strong ASS network to make their models successful. Not sure but I don't see that enthusiasm, aggressive and active marketing from their sales teams highlighting USPs of their products.
Old 15th September 2023, 17:52   #89
BHPian

The brochure is already available on the website.
Only offers a 2 year/40km warranty as standard? Points to a lack of confidence in the product ?

Citroen C3 Aircross Review-1.jpg

Citroen C3 Aircross Review-2.jpg

https://ds-prod.citroen.in/static-as...E1OS4wLjAuMA..
coldice4u is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 18:23   #90
BHPian

BIZARRE ! That's the only word which comes to mind. When you wish to enter a segment as hotly contested as this one, the bare minimum you can do is release prices for all models at one go. Citroen already bungled up when they decided to launch a product without automatic transmission, ACC. I don't foresee this breaking the 500-700 units a month barrier (and that's optimistic). Also frankly, while it might be priced around the Ertiga VXI, the resale is going to be vastly different which plays a huge role for most of us.

Its a pity considering that lovely strong engine and sorted dynamics of Citroen cars in general !
JayKavadi is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks