Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2024, 15:33   #61
BHPian

Re: 2024 Kia Sonet Facelift Review

Got another list, attaching the PDF as well.
[ATTACH=Accessories Brochure - New Sonet.pdf]2560638[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Accessories Brochure - New Sonet.pdf (6.77 MB, 590 views)
m2maddy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 19:42   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maddy View Post
Thank you for this. Dashcam caught my attention here. Couldn't see this in the Kia online portal for accessories. Any input from them regarding the make of it, if it's dual channel and if hardwired?
Old 18th January 2024, 19:49   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno610 View Post
Thank you for this. Dashcam caught my attention here. Couldn't see this in the Kia online portal for accessories. Any input from them regarding the make of it, if it's dual channel and if hardwired?
The sales didn't know on that, even I asked, since it was just 10k, wanted to know if it was dual and then it would be good value since it will be fitting well, w ill update once I get the information.
m2maddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 22:00   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Any idea what the Accessory package for 20k include ? Is it optional or mandatory.
The accessory kit costs you around 23K and its basically floor & trunk mats, chrome inserts, sill guard, door guards, mudflaps, headrests and some unwanted stuff like microfiber cloth and shampoo too. The choice is completely optional as I opted just for the dual floor mats (₹5561) and the mudflaps alone.
I have done the PDI, cleared the payment and expecting the delivery tomorrow or Saturday morning.

Quote:
Waiting periods for early bookings are 2 weeks, as of now 4 weeks is what I was told.
I booked on the 20th December with the K-Code and the vehicle arrived on 16th Jan at the dealership in Kerala and delivery scheduled tomorrow/day after.

Last edited by febz : 18th January 2024 at 22:03. Reason: Multiple quotes
febz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 13:12   #65
BHPian

Car got allocated today, had booked it with the K-Code. The insurance quoted in bangalore is close to 50K from the deaer.

Please let me know if anyone has got the latest quotes from outside for 1.0 DCT GT line MT variant?
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 15:06   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Car got allocated today, had booked it with the K-Code. The insurance quoted in bangalore is close to 50K from the deaer.

Please let me know if anyone has got the latest quotes from outside for 1.0 DCT GT line MT variant?
You are getting this to replace your current Sonet iMT?
Old 19th January 2024, 15:16   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
You are getting this to replace your current Sonet iMT?
No, this is an addition to our garage! It's the same color as well There are no other cars out there which are ticking the boxes under 20L bracket right now and my sister really dislikes Nexon leaving us with Sonet. Our garage will have 4 cars now with 3 compact SUVS now, 2 sonet's and a brezza.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 20:58   #68
BHPian

Diesel version comparison & recommended models/trims. Seriously missing MT on Higher trims (GT Line). Diesel MT highest trim HTX+ is not recommended for the price jump from HTX to HTX+
Old 20th January 2024, 21:15   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting to see 'Ventilated Seat Cushion' as an official accessory. I personally found the ventilated seats amazing; would be a great addition to lower trims
Old 21st January 2024, 14:56   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
Interesting to see 'Ventilated Seat Cushion' as an official accessory. I personally found the ventilated seats amazing; would be a great addition to lower trims
Just doubtful on this statement,even though ventilated seat cover is an accessory,the ventilation vents/connection should be there from the A/c console for its functionality right?

By the way, got mine delivered yesterday morning and pretty impressed by the initial feel and a bit apprehensive about the overwhelming technology support and the ownership cost over the years.KIA connect is free for 3 years alone and then charged around 3K for 1 year/5K for 2yrs/7k for 3 yes renewal as of now.
Old 21st January 2024, 17:27   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by febz View Post
Just doubtful on this statement,even though ventilated seat cover is an accessory,the ventilation vents/connection should be there from the A/c console for its functionality right?
Ah, right! It's probably just a fan.

Quote:
KIA connect is free for 3 years alone and then charged around 3K for 1 year/5K for 2yrs/7k for 3 yes renewal as of now.
Yes, I have to renew in a couple of months. I think it’s reasonable considering they need to maintain a network connection, and the servers. I personally love Kia Connect. Mainly, remote start and trip analytics. And one can choose to not renew if they don’t find value in it.
Old 21st January 2024, 18:35   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by febz View Post
By the way, got mine delivered yesterday morning and pretty impressed by the initial feel and a bit apprehensive about the overwhelming technology support and the ownership cost over the years.
Deliveries have already commenced in some states and folks here in Goa don’t even have a TD vehicle yet.

Yesterday, I visited the showroom to have a look at the FL. Looks pretty butch (if I may say) from front. This is only the top of the line GT & X trims ; the lower trims however look more or less the same as outgoing model.

Interior feel too doesn’t change much as there are very subtle changes unlike Seltos FL.

The HTK+ and the HTX trims have been decently kitted now albeit the omission of alloys in the HTX variant is really sad IMHO.

Congratulations to you & do share you initial ownership experience with us. Possibly, the 1st FL Sonet delivery I presume.
Old 21st January 2024, 20:12   #73
BHPian

Is Kia Motors taking a dig at VW (Vento?) in their latest advertisement?
Recently I came across Kia Sonet advertisement on Instagram and there is VW Vento 2010 model with a masked VW Emblem if I’m not wrong.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2TvR...RlODBiNWFlZA==
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Kia Sonet Facelift Review-img_6466.png  

Old 22nd January 2024, 10:44   #74
BHPian

Does anyone know if we can get Kia connect on HTX variant? The specs says Kia connect from HTX+ onwards, can be added on or not at all.
Old 22nd January 2024, 11:15   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know if we can get Kia connect on HTX variant? The specs says Kia connect from HTX+ onwards, can be added on or not at all.
I presume the Kia Connect is integrated with the 10" AVN unit and cannot be had as is in the lower specced 8".

IMHO it isn't quite a deal breaker as I haven't seen folks using it much other than the initial period. Once the novelty factor dies, the connectivity issues, etc. seem to diminish the whole experience.

Somehow the HTX variant still feels the most VFM even in the facelift. The only sad omission being the alloy wheels! Idk why, but Kia had done this exact same thing during the initial launch of the Sonet in 2020 and later in 2021 they added the alloys in the HTX variant.

Having said that, I got to agree that the GTX+ looks the part (in flesh) in that beautiful white shade! I happened to see one on the road last night and man, I was blown! But the price difference between the HTX & GTX+ is also very steep. Not quite sure if it's justified.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks