Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2024, 23:32   #106
BHPian

Re: 2024 Kia Sonet Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakride View Post
Consulting 2 confused friends who are considering Sonet, Venue, Creta and Seltos led me to prepare an excel on key features. Still it was looking too geeky so went one step ahead and spent the Republic day holiday preparing visualisation on Tableau, but felt worth it in the end. I've made it public, hope it would help some forum members as well. Comments and suggestions are welcome!

https://public.tableau.com/views/CarFinderHK/Dashboard1
Amazing work. Maybe TBHP should have something like that on their homepage.
Bhokal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 23:41   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maddy View Post
Pewter Olive indeed does look good, it's a nice shade of green, I chose Red since it was my favorite and also had ruled all colors except the Black and Red, so Red easily won.

Check the HTX as well if you don't need the ADAS/360 features, cheaper by 3L.
If the green wasn't an option then I would've gone for Red as well. But PO green is unique and there is no other car in that colour in my neighbourhood.

I initially considered the HTX as well but when I put together all the features from HTX+ that are also included in the GTX+ then the 3L price difference became a lil easier to swallow:
  • 360 deg camera
  • ADAS
  • Larger touchscreen and MID
  • Wireless charger
  • Air purifier
  • KIA connect
  • Anti-glare rvm
  • Ventilated seats
  • Rear wiper
  • Bose speakers
  • Power driver seat adjustment
  • LED AmbientSound lighting
  • Sporty crystal alloy wheels
sheik.yerbouti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 08:36   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheik.yerbouti View Post
If the green wasn't an option then I would've gone for Red as well. But PO green is unique and there is no other car in that colour in my neighbourhood.

I initially considered the HTX as well but when I put together all the features from HTX+ that are also included in the GTX+ then the 3L price difference became a lil easier to swallow:
  • 360 deg camera
  • ADAS
  • Wireless charger
  • Air purifier
  • KIA connect
  • Anti-glare rvm
  • Ventilated seats
  • Rear wiper
  • Bose speakers
Ventilated seats are available in HTX as well, of-course I feel ADAS, Rear Wiper and 360 are great addons, but somehow wasn't convinced with the others such as Air purifier, electric seat adjust (given only I will be driving most times). But yes getting the top end would mean secure for longer duration.
Old 29th January 2024, 10:25   #109
BHPian

Sadly GTX+ downgrade to wired charger.
ADAS level 1 I don't know how much it is useful.

And for GTX+ I have confusion if to go for Honda Elevate CVT option. Its almost same price point. Anyone in the same boat?

Quote:

• 360 deg camera
  • ADAS
  • Wireless charger
  • Air purifier
  • KIA connect
  • Anti-glare rvm
  • Ventilated seats
  • Rear wiper
  • Bose speakers

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th January 2024 at 18:06. Reason: typo
Old 29th January 2024, 11:40   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maddy View Post
Ventilated seats are available in HTX as well, of-course I feel ADAS, Rear Wiper and 360 are great addons, but somehow wasn't convinced with the others such as Air purifier, electric seat adjust (given only I will be driving most times). But yes getting the top end would mean secure for longer duration.
You're right. In the end, I don't like compromises and ended up paying more for more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksavai View Post
Sadly GTX+ downgrade to wired charger.
ADAS level 1 I don't know how much it is useful.

And for GTX+ I have confusion if to go for Honda Elevate CTV option. Its almost same price point. Anyone in the same boat?
No, GTX+ has a wireless charger along with USB-C charging ports. Maybe you meant wired Android Auto/Carplay?

Elevate seems more in the league of Seltos than Sonet. It's more focused on comfort and ride quality than for the features that Sonet offers.
Old 29th January 2024, 13:11   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhokal View Post
Amazing work. Maybe TBHP should have something like that on their homepage.
Thanks a lot Bhokal for your appreciation! Yes it will be awesome to have a page with some interactive visualisation where people can discover the right variants for them given how feature rich and confusing the variants have become especially for the non enthusiast people. I'm up for allocating my time for it if there is any interest or support!
Old 29th January 2024, 13:25   #112
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Any idea how much does the GT-Line alloys costs, if we would like to get them on the HTX variant? Thankfully, it's a direct alloy-swap and no need of tire replacement.
Old 29th January 2024, 13:56   #113
BHPian

Wonderfull insigths

It has become so difficult to find a car with ADAS but no sunroof, am I the only one who has this kind of preference. I believe sunroofs in Indian condition are pure waste of resources, it should be made optional considering the potential compormise on safety with it.
efgritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 14:56   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgritesh View Post
Wonderfull insigths

It has become so difficult to find a car with ADAS but no sunroof, am I the only one who has this kind of preference. I believe sunroofs in Indian condition are pure waste of resources, it should be made optional considering the potential compormise on safety with it.
Right, similarly my friend wants ADAS and Wireless Android Auto. Sadly that's not possible in Hyundai and Kia right now under 20lacs. I have heard that current Kia and Hyundai HD navigation units may get wireless android auto via OTA update, is that true?
Old 29th January 2024, 16:44   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakride View Post
Consulting 2 confused friends who are considering Sonet, Venue, Creta and Seltos led me to prepare an excel on key features. Still it was looking too geeky so went one step ahead and spent the Republic day holiday preparing visualisation on Tableau, but felt worth it in the end. I've made it public, hope it would help some forum members as well. Comments and suggestions are welcome!

https://public.tableau.com/views/CarFinderHK/Dashboard1

Attachment 2565535
Great Effort... it was very helpful for people like me who were confused choosing the correct variant
carfreak2023 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 20:07   #116

Just got my Sonet allotted today as another buyer who had initially chosen Pewter Olive changed their colour preference, hence letting it be allotted to me. Should get delivery by next week. I had expected it to be available in 2 months based on their expected wait time so this is just a great turn of events!
Old 31st January 2024, 15:48   #117
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Just got my Sonet allotted today as another buyer who had initially chosen Pewter Olive changed their colour preference, hence letting it be allotted to me. Should get delivery by next week. I had expected it to be available in 2 months based on their expected wait time so this is just a great turn of events!
This is a regular things currently with all Kia dealers.
The lone dealer in my state too had claimed a wait time of 7-8 weeks for any model of the Sonet , just last week. But today, the sales manager calls me saying that the HTX / GTX D AT , both are available in stock , provided I place a booking today! The reason is same - some customer has cancelled their existing booking or something like that.

The fact is , Kia has pretty much ramped up their production and almost all of their cars are available in under 2-3 weeks. So prospective buyers don’t fall for their usual sales tricks.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 20:08   #118

Quote:
Is it 1.0 Turbo petrol or 1.5 Diesel? I have also booked Sonet HTX 1.5D 6AT white (I also liked their new Olive color but family didn't agree with my choice and had to go with a neutral color) and today only received a call from SA that the car has been allotted and it is in transit, will reach their stockyard in 2-3 days. They aren't giving any discount but forcing me to buy some accessories as they are delivering the car withing 2-3 week (earlier they quoted me 6-8 weeks of waiting time). I have clearly said that I won't be buying any accessories nor I am going to do any coating.
Old 1st February 2024, 13:18   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ajk_ View Post
Is it 1.0 Turbo petrol or 1.5 Diesel? I have also booked Sonet HTX 1.5D 6AT white (I also liked their new Olive color but family didn't agree with my choice and had to go with a neutral color) and today only received a call from SA that the car has been allotted and it is in transit, will reach their stockyard in 2-3 days. They aren't giving any discount but forcing me to buy some accessories as they are delivering the car withing 2-3 week (earlier they quoted me 6-8 weeks of waiting time). I have clearly said that I won't be buying any accessories nor I am going to do any coating.
Turbo petrol. It's terrible that they're forcing you to buy accessories using that excuse. I would cancel my booking and book again through a different dealership if that happened to me. Thankfully this dealer isn't resorting to such tactics and are letting me choose the accs. I want.
Old 2nd February 2024, 22:39   #120
BHPian

Hello team-BHP. After quite a bit of research and pondering I've decided to get my self a Sonet 2024 GTX+ Diesel AT -Olive green color. Booked it and waiting.

But before I did that, I test drove the Alcazar Signature Diesel AT, used - XUV 500, Cretas, Harrier etc.

I couldnt make up my mind confusing myself between a new or a used car. Here are my general search criteria:
1. Diesel SUV
2. 15Lakhs for used, around 20 if new
3. 6 Airbags
4. AT Preferred, but dont mind a good MT
5. Not older than 5yrs
6. Around 50k Km on the ODO
7. 6 or 7 seater would be nice but can settle for a good 5 seater.
8. No Suzuki, Skoda, Renault.

Went through a lot of Spinny, FB Market place etc., and test drove a couple of used cars from individual sellers, and some on Spinny. Found none to my taste.

Finally said to my self - a Sonet Gtx+, Seltps gtx+, Creta sx(o) on the used car market would be great. Found too few, they either were priced as much as a new one or did more than 60K km.

So out out of lack of choices I went ahead and booked (25K refundable on cancellation, have it in writing on the docket) a Sonet 2024 GTX+ Diesel AT - would be about 19.6 Lakhs on road in Car Kia Gachibowli Hyderabad.

This morning I happend to browse spinny out of habit, and chanced upon a 2021 Sonet Gtx+ Diesel AT - 25K Km on the odo for 14Lakhs. Test drove it and found to be just as good as the new 2024 Sonet. Booked that too - Spinny refundable in 3 days.

Now I have to decide fast between

1. New Sonet 2024 Gtx+ Diesel AT - 19.6 Lakhs - Olive color, ADAS, 360 degree camera, Split folding rear seats et al
2. Used Sonet 2021 Gtx+ Diesel AT - 14 Lakhs - 25K Km on the odo - Black color - Spinny Assured.

I'm sure gurus here would know better. Pls help me make up my mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks