Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2017, 20:10   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Please inquire about the "Recon" facility with TASS, if replacement is the only option that remains. That will help save a decent sum on the compressor
Thanks - that's interesting! I haven't gone to a Tata dealership for now (my usual mech in Koramangala - RAC). If they suggest a replacement - I'll call Concorde and ask about this option.
Old 10th February 2017, 15:24   #1097
BANNED

The ARIA is a great car. Own one since May 2012 and have had NO major issues so far. Tyres still look good for another 10-15K kms, after having put 42 K Kms on the clock. Have not faced any parts issue with this car so far. TATA does not treat its customers like Honda or M BENZ !

CONGRATS on your purchase and you will not regret it, ever.
lifebuoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 16:06   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
The ARIA is a great car. Own one since May 2012 and have had NO major issues so far. Tyres still look good for another 10-15K kms, after having put 42 K Kms on the clock. Have not faced any parts issue with this car so far. TATA does not treat its customers like Honda or M BENZ !

CONGRATS on your purchase and you will not regret it, ever.
+1 to this. My ARIA has done 45k kms. All goes great without hiccups. Tyres are still good for other 8 - 10k kms or so.
Ameya Janvekar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 10:29   #1099
BHPian

Guys I recently bought a pre owned aria, I have a query, does the aria comes with OBD2 port ?
Old 13th February 2017, 16:20   #1100
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Guys I recently bought a pre owned aria, I have a query, does the aria comes with OBD2 port ?
In short Yes. All vehicles post 2008 are OBD II complaint
Old 14th February 2017, 19:54   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Got a refurbished a/c compressor and it's back to freeze mode. Even with the 15k damage, it's extremely VFM Got a rear camera + sensors installed today. Looking to take it on a highway run to Coorg this week.

The onboard instantaneous fuel efficiency jumps all over the place! I gues tank to tank it is. The car feels very stable, and comfortable. The audio settings are needing a bit of a learing curve!

Overall - delighted thus far.
zenx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 20:54   #1102
Senior - BHPian

A friendly acquaintance shared this pic of the condition of his 2011 Aria after it met with an accident in 2013 on one of the narrow state highways in Kerala, where the car fell into a 40ft gorge after having rolled over twice on the way down.

Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review-img20170211wa0007.jpg
All occupants came out of the car unscathed. Impressed with the car, he again bought an Aria in 2014 & continues to enjoy it.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 15th February 2017 at 21:00.
GrammarNazi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 22:02   #1103
BHPian

Yes I also know this person. There were 3 kids too in the car. All came out without a bruise. But sadly, how much ever we all advocate Tata, some people just refuse to come to the showroom and laugh about Tata as though they are automobile experts. Weird crowd we have I guess !!
power ranger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 10:47   #1104
rkg
Senior - BHPian

I have met this car owner at Concorde motors, Hosur road last year. He has shared these photos with me.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review-aria_3.png  

Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review-aria_2.png  

Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review-aria_1.png  

rkg is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 13:46   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Bought a used Aria a couple of weeks ago.

Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review-i30565.jpg

Why Aria?

My Honda City is 16 years old now!! Still running fine, but we started needed more space, especially with parents and other family around. I also ferry a lot of stuff to our farm/homestay in Coorg, and we have needed to head out with friends on holidays/for dinner a few times. Hence, the hunt for a 6+ seater has been on for a while. Have borrowed my brother's Safari on occasion (now at 1.12L km!) but the jump seats are cruel on long drives, and the vehicle a little beat up.

I've TDed the BRV, considered the XUV and even used Scorpios. But having been a bootstrapper for a bit now, was on a tight budget, and have considered the Aria every now and then - they're cheap in the used market, and well built. Having used the Safari for a bit now - and having a trusted mech for the mechanicals (we avoid TASS) - I was comfortable with the idea of maintaining it and even replacing some bits and pieces every other year.

Found a Pure on OLX that had done a little under 59k, and had GRT alloys and Stanley leather seats. Drove it and found it to be in good shape both mechanically and interiors wise. Nothing's come loose on this - and the seats, dash, doorpads all are well finished and in good shape. The panel gaps on the Aria aren't tiny, but not like the ones on the Safari. Negotiated a bit, got a sweet price and closed it at less than half of a new entry-level Hexa's price

Quite like the Team Bhp test drive describes it, the car's got tonnes of space, and the boot is actually usable even with the third row up. The A/C is a chiller, and the vents at body levels for all 3 rows help in not getting a constant stream of cold air blowing on your forehead.

Have replaced the A/C compressor on it since that gave up within a week (oh well, first component) and have gotten a reverse camera + sensors installed.

Still getting used to the car, but love how it moves compared to the Safari. The turbo lag is pronounced on this one, but the thrust forward as it gets closer to 2k revs is fun. There is much lesser body roll, and it despite the bulk, it feels only a little larger than the City to drive around. The turning radius isn't too tight, but I was able to execute u-turns in many places the Safari would have needed a 3 point turn at. The OEM audio is pretty good (though I'm still figuring out the settings on it) and there's lots and lots of cubby holes. A very pleasant, comforable, nice car to live inside.

Need advice on tyre replacement - don't want to spend a bomb and drive mostly on highways. The 235/70 R16 default looks and performs decently on the alloys.

Will keep this thread updated on the ownership experience. Heading to Coorg tomorrow for the first highway run in the car.

-------------------

Just back from my first highway trip on the Aria. Highway dynamics - even with the really old and hard tyres - are fantastic - and there's none of the drama one felt with the Safari when executing lane changes. I got to 100-110 easily even in short gaps, and did 120-130 in the emptier stretches. The A/c is super efficient, and never felt tired for a moment on the drive.

The lights - esp on low beam - are either terrible, or the bulbs are old. Any suggestions for changing them with something better?

On the return, a container on a trailer brushed the branches of a tree just ahead of me - and as a result of stuff falling from there there's a small spider crack on the lower passenger side of the windshield. I've read these can be repaired - would love to know if folks have gotten that done someplace.

Overall fuel efficiency with about a third of the time in Bangalore traffic (had to pick someone up), a third in the hills (far end of Coorg) and plenty of stop-go traffic on Mysore Road was about 11.3kmpl. Not great but not too shabby.

Planning to change tyres next and do another run early March. Will keep this thread updated.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st February 2017 at 14:25. Reason: Merging both your posts together here :)
zenx is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 13:56   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Just back from my first highway trip on the Aria....
Hi, How's the torque in the lower end (1200-1700RPM) ? I'm sure it's not bad, but does it take abit effort in city traffic ?

Windshield crack : 3M has a round sticker kindof filament that helps. "Windshield Experts" too have one, that had a 2 cm diameter.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 17:04   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Hi, How's the torque in the lower end (1200-1700RPM) ? I'm sure it's not bad, but does it take abit effort in city traffic ?

Windshield crack : 3M has a round sticker kindof filament that helps. "Windshield Experts" too have one, that had a 2 cm diameter.
Torque : fairly decent - just gotta keep your expectations in check and watch for the sudden surge in traffic - got used to it in a day.

I did call Windshield Experts - but the guy on phone basically said they did not fix cracks :( Will go over and check anyway. Thanks!
Old 18th February 2017, 18:27   #1108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I did call Windshield Experts - but the guy on phone basically said they did not fix cracks :( Will go over and check anyway. Thanks!
Check how deep is the crack. You could also leave it as it is, and see if it develops further. If it develops, then replace the windshield.

I had a stone-chip which I left it as it was for close to 6 years before I sold the car. The chipping had not caused any cracks in my case.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 14:07   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sameer, am sure Aria wont disappoint you

BTW, Still getting your cars serviced at RAC?

Quote:
Thanks - that's interesting! I haven't gone to a Tata dealership for now (my usual mech in Koramangala - RAC). If they suggest a replacement - I'll call Concorde and ask about this option.
lohithrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 14:40   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Congrats Sameer, am sure Aria wont disappoint you

BTW, Still getting your cars serviced at RAC?
Thanks man. Yes I do. Keeps them running fine. One reason I'm not "afraid" of used vehicles

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks