Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2017, 10:20   #3616
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)

Hi Folks

Any pointers or inputs regarding offers that can be had for Mahindra Thar CRDE in Bangalore?

A dealer is offering Rs. 10K off on Dec 2016 manufactured piece, but I think that's too less for a 2 month old vehicle.

cheers
lazy
Old 22nd February 2017, 12:04   #3617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
A dealer is offering Rs. 10K off on Dec 2016 manufactured piece, but I think that's too less for a 2 month old vehicle.
Not only two months, it is now a 2016 model vs 2017 that you should get. The resale value of 2016 model(if you want to sell it after years) will be lesser by 10-15 K than a 2017 model.
Old 25th February 2017, 12:52   #3618
BHPian

While spraying Lithium grease between the leaf springs today, I noticed a circular dish jutting out on the left spring assembly. I could not push it back as the springs are under load when vehicle is on ground. I showed it to a leaf spring repairing shop and he said that it has no function and we always remove it while repairing
I did not take his word and tried searching over internet but could not find the right answer. Does anyone know why this dish is installed between the leafs?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-img_20170225_110854_hdr.jpg  

Old 31st March 2017, 15:07   #3619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
Hi Folks

Any pointers or inputs regarding offers that can be had for Mahindra Thar CRDE in Bangalore?

cheers
lazy
Cross Posting from another thread. Please check if you can make use of this!

https://gaadiwaadi.com/bs-iii-mahind...scount-380393/
Old 17th July 2017, 02:42   #3620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aithalsandy View Post
Hello All,

I am uploading water-leak photos, I am unable upload video due to some tech issues.

Also attaching photos of another water leak below the glove box.

My adventure with the Thar seems to have gone to advanced level
Hey,

I have a December 2015 Mahindra Thar, and this is its 2nd monsoon.
Last year, things looked fine.

But as of today, I have the exact same problems as you have shared in the images.

Could you please share the solutions for these?
The nearest service centre for me in Thane (MH) has shut down, so the only option is almost 30-40 km away.

It's out of warranty period, pathetic 1 year warranty only on a 10 lakh rupee SUV, so might as well get it done at a trusted garage if its a quick fix.
Old 17th July 2017, 12:21   #3621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Hey,

I have a December 2015 Mahindra Thar, and this is its 2nd monsoon.
Last year, things looked fine.

But as of today, I have the exact same problems as you have shared in the images.

Could you please share the solutions for these?
The nearest service centre for me in Thane (MH) has shut down, so the only option is almost 30-40 km away.

It's out of warranty period, pathetic 1 year warranty only on a 10 lakh rupee SUV, so might as well get it done at a trusted garage if its a quick fix.
@ parrys, I replaced the canopy under warranty last year. The new canopy is yet to take real monsoon beating. But it holds good during pressure wash, so far

You can check if Mahindra offers extended warranty after the original warranty had expired so that you can replace under warranty.

It may cost around 25k for the canopy+labor+incidentals.
Old 17th July 2017, 12:23   #3622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ parrys, I replaced the canopy under warranty last year. The new canopy is yet to take real monsoon beating. But it holds good during pressure wash, so far

You can check if Mahindra offers extended warranty after the original warranty had expired so that you can replace under warranty.

It may cost around 25k for the canopy+labor+incidentals.
Yeah, it takes pressure washes.
I am ok with the minute canopy drips.

I am concerned about the water drip on the front floor. It comes from behind the dash. It's not the AC pipe leak, as I have checked it already. Seems like it comes from the windscreen beading. What was the root cause on your Thar?
Old 17th July 2017, 12:41   #3623
BHPian

@parrys,

I thought your question was for canopy only.

The water leak below the glovebox was due to -

1. Faulty screws on hinges attached to the bonnet on the co-driver side and
2. Spray nozzle which sprays shampoo water on windshield also on the co-driver side

Water used to seep below these two.

Also, during pressure wash, water gets under the rubber around the windshield but this does not happen during rain. You can ignore this, but sharing as an FYI.
Old 21st July 2017, 13:01   #3624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Yeah, it takes pressure washes.
I am ok with the minute canopy drips.

I am concerned about the water drip on the front floor. It comes from behind the dash. It's not the AC pipe leak, as I have checked it already. Seems like it comes from the windscreen beading. What was the root cause on your Thar?
I have the same issue on the passenger side water drip. I don't know why it is only on the passenger side but removed the jet spray nozzle, wrapped some TEFLON tape below the black rubber gasket and re-fit it. Now the footwell stays dry.
Old 21st July 2017, 13:08   #3625
BHPian

For all Mahindra owners in Bangalore South,

Sireesh may have closed workshop at silk board as namma metro seem to be acquiring the land.

Sales office seems to be ok.

We have to look for other options for servicing.
Old 21st July 2017, 15:43   #3626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@parrys,

I thought your question was for canopy only.

The water leak below the glovebox was due to -

1. Faulty screws on hinges attached to the bonnet on the co-driver side and
2. Spray nozzle which sprays shampoo water on windshield also on the co-driver side

Water used to seep below these two.

Also, during pressure wash, water gets under the rubber around the windshield but this does not happen during rain. You can ignore this, but sharing as an FYI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
I have the same issue on the passenger side water drip. I don't know why it is only on the passenger side but removed the jet spray nozzle, wrapped some TEFLON tape below the black rubber gasket and re-fit it. Now the footwell stays dry.
Thanks guys, really appreciate it.
Will check on these points and share the result.
Old 1st August 2017, 01:13   #3627
Team-BHP Support

I may be a bit biased towards the Thar, but to me it is one of the best looking vehicles currently being sold. I can keep looking at one for hours!
And it is not just the show, it has the go to match. Sharing a few pics from a recent off-road event.

Pics credit "AJ-got-BHP" and "BlackPearl":

Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-rockybeige_thar_blackpearl_sumitro_1.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-rockybeige_thar_blackpearl_sumitro_2.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-rockybeige_thar_blackpearl_sumitro_3.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-rockybeige_thar_blackpearl_sumitro_4.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-red_thar_blackpearl_sumitro_1.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-red_thar_blackpearl_sumitro_2.jpg
BlackPearl is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 10:52   #3628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I may be a bit biased towards the Thar, but to me it is one of the best looking vehicles currently being sold. I can keep looking at one for hours!
And it is not just the show, it has the go to match. Sharing a few pics from a recent off-road event.
I fully agree with you and in the sub 12lakh price point today, no other vehicle appeals to me like this one.
BTW, did you all notice that this thread and other THAR threads have sort of died since last 1 year.
I can relate this to it's father passing away last year - I know he is silently watching all this from up above.
KkVaidya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 12:59   #3629
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
BTW, did you all notice that this thread and other THAR threads have sort of died since last 1 year.
I think there are several reasons -
1. Thar as a platform has matured and settled down. There are not too many debates about niggles, parts falling off etc.
2. The future of Thar is uncertain due to the new regulations coming in
3. Many new cars being launched that are taking the attention away
Old 6th August 2017, 11:37   #3630
BHPian

Quote:
I agree that it is one of the best looking vehicles that is currently on offer. Every time I see a Thar, I either slow down if I am driving or stop to stand and stare when walking.

Quote:
I think there are several reasons -
......2. The future of Thar is uncertain due to the new regulations coming in....
The only thing uncertain about the Thar is that with an upgrade is due soon the in-house design team will tamper with the current exterior design, which makes it the best looking vehicle around town. Other than the basic design, any changes that address safety issues are to be welcomed.

With Jeep planning to launch the Wrangler next year at a price band lower than the Compass, M&M has its work cut out for it. On the one hand, safety issues have to be addressed. On the other hand, the company does not have the luxury of arbitrarily raising the price with a 'real' Jeep off road vehicle hitting the market.

I am sure that the 'father' of the Thar will be looking down at these developments with a benign smile, since it was always his intention that the Thar serve as a 'people's' vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks