Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2011, 17:35   #61
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review

Ride and Handling, swift , IMO, any day outscores the i10, even with the i10 with tyres upsized.

And, if you're considering the swift, you might want to wait and TD the new swift due for launch in mid of May.
Old 21st March 2011, 17:35   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman360 View Post
Hi - can someone comment on the ride quality of the new i10 compared to a: The Swift and b: the Ritz
The ride quality of the Swift and Ritz is anyday better than the i10. The i10 tends to have a choppy ride and might make things uncomfortable for rear passengers on bad roads. I am sure, things are much better in the Swift and Ritz.
Old 21st March 2011, 21:22   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
The ride quality of the Swift and Ritz is anyday better than the i10. The i10 tends to have a choppy ride and might make things uncomfortable for rear passengers on bad roads. I am sure, things are much better in the Swift and Ritz.
I cant comment on the Swift, but when we compared my brother-in-law's Ritz with a demo I10, the Ritz had significant body roll and it was a major deal breaker for all of us. In fact, my wife and our 3-yr-old daughter get sick with significant body roll and we eventually had to opt out of the Ritz to turn towards the I10.

Thankfully, the roads along our regular route here in Goa are nice (hot-mixed) and hence, the ride on the I10 is quite nice. The situation may be different in rural areas where roads are not excellent and the relatively stiffer seats on the I10 will only aggravate the problem.

Last edited by misquitas : 21st March 2011 at 21:24.
Old 23rd March 2011, 15:51   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motortechie View Post
Yes you are correct. It is indeed a bluetooth microphone and not a sun roof winder. This is available in 2 models of the i10 1) Sportz(Option) and 2) Asta .The figo and i10 are the only hatcbacks to come with a factory fitted bluetooth I wonder where the bluetooth microphone is placed in the figo

The K series engine in swift/ritz definitely has a slight edge compared to the kappa2 VTVT but the i10 outscores the ritz/swift in better quality interiors/plastics .
Even the i20 Opt, Punto (Emo / 90hp) Indica Vista (Aura) and Indica CR4 (LX)
come with bluetooth connectivity. So it is now a common feature.
Quote:
Well, my 40+ family members are comfortable in the rear seat of the i10 even in villages and on non-existent roads. Even if the Swift's ride is better, the rear seat is not something to write home about, and the i10 makes up here. The new swift may be different, though.

Last edited by Stratos : 23rd March 2011 at 16:02. Reason: Bold lettering not required. Thanks.
Old 23rd March 2011, 16:23   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post

Well, my 40+ family members are comfortable in the rear seat of the i10 even in villages and on non-existent roads. Even if the Swift's ride is better, the rear seat is not something to write home about, and the i10 makes up here. The new swift may be different, though.
No offense but i personally tend to disagree regarding the rear seat comfort of the i10, in comparison to swift, yes it is better but overall the rear suspension of i10 is stiff and causes a bumpy ride
You can refer to multiple posts on TBHP / mouthshut or even TV reviews, they all say the same
I do agree the i10 as an overall package is good but like any other car, it ain't perfect
Old 23rd March 2011, 16:32   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well, my 40+ family members are comfortable in the rear seat of the i10 even in villages and on non-existent roads.
I am surprised about this comment. Personally, I feel that the i10 has a bumpy ride even on just bad roads, forget the non-existent ones. The suspension is quite stiff. The i10s rear seat is definitely not a place to be on bad roads, if you ask me.
Old 23rd March 2011, 19:24   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Yes thats true but IMO the competitors to i10 are the ritz/beat/wagonR/swift/figo etc. The Punto/i20 are a segment above the i10

Last edited by motortechie : 23rd March 2011 at 19:27. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 24th March 2011, 07:33   #68
BHPian

My 110 AT cost me Rs 6.70 lakhs with tax, insurance, 5 year extended warranty and extras such as sun film, underseal coating, paint protection coating etc (everything except alloy wheels and seat covers). In Kolkata.
Old 26th March 2011, 01:12   #69
BHPian

Hi Stratos, did you by any chance get to test drive the I10 IRDE2? How does it compare with the Kappa2? Has anyone else bought or test driven the IRDE2? So far, the Kappa2 seems to be the more popular engine, at least on this forum. But I would be interested in the comments regarding the IRDE2, since a friend was planning to check it out as a possible buy.

Thanks,
Melvyn
Old 26th March 2011, 02:15   #70
BHPian

I was just reading my I10 owners manual and I noticed that the I10 offers split seats in certain variants. Is it for any model here in India or is it for the export variants? Point is, is it possible for me to order for such a split seat on my I10 Magna? What would be the approximate cost and can one be fitted on my I10 Magna? Some advice on this would be appreciated.
Old 26th March 2011, 11:21   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Point is, is it possible for me to order for such a split seat on my I10 Magna? What would be the approximate cost and can one be fitted on my I10 Magna? Some advice on this would be appreciated.
I had sent a mail to Hyundai asking them the same thing. The answer was a categorical 'No'. The least they could have done is at least offer this as an option for a reasonable price .

The reason IMO for not providing features like split seating,ACC,electric folding ORVM etc is to ensure that these are exclusive to the i20. The sales of the i20 would take a beating if all these were provided in the i10
Old 26th March 2011, 11:24   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am surprised about this comment. Personally, I feel that the i10 has a bumpy ride even on just bad roads, forget the non-existent ones. The suspension is quite stiff. The i10s rear seat is definitely not a place to be on bad roads, if you ask me.
@stratos, i10 does have relatively softer suspension. It could be the dampening set up which is the culprit. We have a i10 and ANHC in the family and ANHC feels substantially more stiff with every irregularities on the road being transmitted. On the other hand, i10 has the ability to soak the sharp bumps very well but has very pronounced vertical movements.
Old 26th March 2011, 11:36   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
+1. The bumps are very pronounced in the i10 and yes, the vertical movement when you go over a bump is really bad.

In my i10 Kappa, whenever I take a speed breaker even at the slowest speed the car practically jumps up and irritating for the driver and maybe very uncomfortable for rear passenger.

Street No.10 and Street No 11, both lead to my home.

I take street No.10 when i am in i10 as there are no speedbreakers.

Sometimes I am forced to take street no.11, which has 5 speedbreakers and it's a nightmare to cross them in i10 whereas the Cruze, annihilates them
Old 26th March 2011, 12:14   #74
BHPian

Completely agree with Guna, with MRF tyres on the ANHC its even more pronounced.With the i10 aAt times on unexpected bumps, its more like a small ferris wheel!
Old 26th March 2011, 12:21   #75
Senior - BHPian

From my experience with the i10(pre-refresh, passenger only) , it has less of a bone jarring ride quality than my Swift. Ohh sure its a bit bouncy, but bones are not rattled.
In the Swift on the other hand, due to less pliancy of the suspension, you will "feel" every imperfection on the road, but there will be negligible vertical movement. I am not sure how to put it.
I will not recommend the Swift to anyone having a bad back though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks