Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2011, 20:47   #46
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
AFAIK, it is 80 PS=79 bhp (approx) and 69 PS=68 bhp (approx).

Nice review. I10 is a very well-rounded car with great interior quality,refinement and and ease of driving.
Thanks for the clarification. I stand corrected.
Old 16th March 2011, 22:39   #47
BHPian

Good review. I drove one of my friends older i10. Must say a very zippy car. Very good to drive in city. Wonder why so many people have so much to say against it.
Was wondering when would a review on i20 come out.Sure most people would be looking forward to that review.
Old 17th March 2011, 12:37   #48
BHPian

First of all great detailed review . It would have been really good if they had included dead pedal and climate control in this new release, was looking forward for these features.

Cheers !!!
Old 17th March 2011, 14:21   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
thumbs up. It would have been really good if they had included dead pedal and climate control in this new release, was looking forward for these features.

Cheers !!!
+1 to above. It would be nice if they could have provided 60:40 or 50:50 split seating which in my opinion should be available on all hatchbacks. Probably Hyundai feels that there will be no takers for the i20 if all these features are available in the i10.
Old 17th March 2011, 16:29   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Noticed that the city/highway FE reported by benu9714 for his i10-AT is inline with what Samurai also gets on his i10-AT. Wondering if it is normal to have such a huge disparity between city and highway FE figures ie. city FE being close to half that of highway FE ? With other cars I have observed that highway FE would be like ~35-50% more than city FE. Eg. FE figures for my Baleno are 12 and 16kmpl respectively - highway FE is ~35% more. If I drive on the highway keeping speeds below 100kmph, I could up the FE by 1-2 kmpl, which would mean atmost 50% more than city FE.

Any inputs on why this disparity for the i10-AT ? Also, is this disparity seen with the MT models also ?
Yes, That is true. I own i10 Sportz for almost 2 yrs. It gives 8kmpl in BLR city driving as against 15kmpl on highways with 100% AC. With 50% AC the FE will vary a little.
Old 17th March 2011, 17:24   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automaticfan
Yes, That is true. I own i10 Sportz for almost 2 yrs. It gives 8kmpl in BLR city driving as against 15kmpl on highways with 100% AC.
Is yours an AT or MT i10-Sportz ? Though, given your tbhp-handle, I would think it is AT. Also I don't think the MT-i10 would go so low on city FE.
Old 17th March 2011, 17:46   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any inputs on why this disparity for the i10-AT ? Also, is this disparity seen with the MT models also ? .
MT- engine efficiency low in city mode but trans efficiency is constant
AT w/ T/C- engine efficiency low in city + trans efficiency also low

Specific to the i-10, the gearing is all messed up and my guess is that it spends a lot of time with T/C unlocked at low speeds compared to say an A-star.
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2011, 18:52   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Is yours an AT or MT i10-Sportz ? Though, given your tbhp-handle, I would think it is AT. Also I don't think the MT-i10 would go so low on city FE.
Yes, you guessed it right . It is i10 AT. Sorry for not giving complete information.
Old 17th March 2011, 21:29   #54
BHPian

What is confounding is, why is the company (Hyundai) not willing to state anything on the record WRT the steering rattle issue.

If the vehicles do not suffer from any engineering design deficiency and safety of the driver, occupants and other road users is NOT compromised in any manner the company should say so unequivocally, in a clear and unambiguous statement.

This would be even more credible if a third party certification (whatever is possible in the automotive world) is provided to ensure prospective buyers do not have this issue at the back of their minds when evaluating choices.

The fact that it has not happened can only make one wonder what is it that constrains the company from doing so.
Old 19th March 2011, 20:08   #55
BHPian

Does the i20 now come with a VTVT under its hood? I guess not. Call it their business strategy, to not have diesel engine in domestic i10, to not have the VTVT in i20 or to not address the steering rattle issue with a press release !!
Old 20th March 2011, 08:44   #56
BHPian

The problem with Third Party certifications is that, cars sent for such inspections are kind of the perfect ones which clear the tests with ease, the compromise is made while it goes into production, because if i am not wrong i20 does come with 5 STAR rating (after seeing so many issues i dont even believe them any more)
Old 20th March 2011, 21:39   #57
BHPian

Yet another nice review from the BHp team. Better late than never.

@ All those cribbing about the Swift ZXi being a better package than the i10 Asta, let me remind you, discounts on the Swift are generally unheard of, while you generally get Free Insurance, Discounts of 10-30k, and accessories worth 15-20k minumum with the i10. So you could opt for alloys free as well as a cover, mats & flaps, as well as save 20k minimum. So if you can sacrifice ACC, you save 30k, a better rear seat, bluetooth enabled audio w/ s USB port, rear parking sensors, and alloys of your choice instead of "stock" looking ones. If you want these (minus a decent rear seat) on the swift, you'll have to shell out 50-70k over the i10.

I sum up by saying both the Swift and i10 are equally competent packages, so the choice is is yours'. IMHO, the i10 is a better package.

EDIT: Member "misquitas"'s Kappa2 Magna did not come with a factory fitted clock, apparently, which is a big disappointment, as my Kappa1 Magna has a factory fitted one.

Last edited by Stratos : 26th March 2011 at 16:59. Reason: Corrected the roof micro-phone information in the main post. Thanks
Old 20th March 2011, 23:40   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
@ All those cribbing about the Swift ZXi being a better package than the i10 Asta, let me remind you, discounts on the Swift are generally unheard of, while you generally get Free Insurance, Discounts of 10-30k, and accessories worth 15-20k minumum with the i10. So you could opt for alloys free as well as a cover, mats & flaps, as well as save 20k minimum. So if you can sacrifice ACC, you save 30k, a better rear seat, bluetooth enabled audio w/ s USB port, rear parking sensors, and alloys of your choice instead of "stock" looking ones. If you want these (minus a decent rear seat) on the swift, you'll have to shell out 50-70k over the i10.

I sum up by saying both the Swift and i10 are equally competent packages, so the choice is is yours'. IMHO, the i10 is a better package.

EDIT: Member "misquitas"'s Kappa2 Magna did not come with a factory fitted clock, apparently, which is a big disappointment, as my Kappa1 Magna has a factory fitted one.
+1 to that. I too feel that the I10 is a better package to the Maruti offerings within the Rs 5 lakh budget. It is true that the Magna 1.2 VTVT does not come with a factory fitted clock. To my wonderful luck, a customer of the I10 Kappa1 had left behind his factory fitted clock as he was installing an integrated music system. The technicians fitted his clock on my I10 for FREE.
Old 21st March 2011, 10:40   #59
BHPian

The bluetooth microphone is available in 2 models of the i10 1) Sportz(Option) and 2) Asta .The figo and i10 are the only hatcbacks to come with a factory fitted bluetooth I wonder where the bluetooth microphone is placed in the figo

The K series engine in swift/ritz definitely has a slight edge compared to the kappa2 VTVT but the i10 outscores the ritz/swift in better quality interiors/plastics .

Last edited by Stratos : 26th March 2011 at 17:00. Reason: Corrected the roof-microphone information in the main post. Thanks
Old 21st March 2011, 16:46   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motortechie View Post

The K series engine in swift/ritz definitely has a slight edge compared to the kappa2 VTVT but the i10 outscores the ritz/swift in better quality interiors/plastics .
Hi - can someone comment on the ride quality of the new i10 compared to a: The Swift and b: the Ritz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks