Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2011, 11:43   #106
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy999 View Post
As far as the foldable seats are concerned I think I would be pretty satisfied with the single fold that it offers.By the way does any one know if rear seat head rests can be fitted on the i10 Magna since it doesnt come in with the integrated head rests.I didnt pay much attention to this while buying but I feel the need now.
I too have a Magna, and I chose it over the sportz keeping in mind that I could get those fitted later.
But it is not as easy as I thought it to be.
I'm thinking of doing something like this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...astar-lxi.html
or, as told by an easycab logan DLE driver/owner with retrofitted rear headrests, go to "Chandni Chowk" area in Shivajinagar, or JC Road. The latter ain't an option for you though, as you are in Bombay.
Old 5th April 2011, 11:51   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
I too have a Magna, and I chose it over the sportz keeping in mind that I could get those fitted later.
But it is not as easy as I thought it to be.
I'm thinking of doing something like this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...astar-lxi.html
or, as told by an easycab logan DLE driver/owner with retrofitted rear headrests, go to "Chandni Chowk" area in Shivajinagar, or JC Road. The latter ain't an option for you though, as you are in Bombay.
Hey,

Ya I went through that thread but I didnt really like the idea of fitting the headrest into the luggage tray.It somehow didnt appeal to me aesthetically as its sticking out from behind the seats.I also doubt the ergonomics if that would really be of any help to the person sitting.Isnt ther a way offered by Hyundai workshops(original) to fit it may be for a price?
Old 5th April 2011, 19:15   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

Ya I went through that thread but I didnt really like the idea of fitting the headrest into the luggage tray.It somehow didnt appeal to me aesthetically as its sticking out from behind the seats.I also doubt the ergonomics if that would really be of any help to the person sitting.Isnt ther a way offered by Hyundai workshops(original) to fit it may be for a price?

yes, this was offered to me in Bengaluru when I bought my i10. I was considering Magna initially but looking at the additional feature list from Sportz I went for it. I can't remember the price but showroom guy said it can be done from Hyundai with normal warranty. ( may be 7-8K).
Old 18th April 2011, 10:32   #109
BHPian

Hello guys,

Just to share some piece of experience.2 Days back I came back home from a short drive and parked the vehicle.Once out of the car and the keys taken out from ignition I realized that the tyres were turned a bit towards to the right.Unawares of what the consequences might be I started turning the steering towards the centre positon.However to my horror after a small turn the steering jammed and I realized it didnt move in any direction.I realized its the immobilizer coming into play due to a possible theft arising out of my actions.I tried to put in the key ignition.Even this doesnt seem to work and the key wont even turn a bit.
I panicked and thought that I would need to call the Hyundai on road service to unlock the car.However after patient wait of around 3-5 mins I could turn on the ignition and things were restored to normalcy.
Moral of the experience:I have decided never ever to turn the steering when the keys are not in the ignition which would otherwise lead to the vehicle getting immobilized.Good security feature from Hyundai though it scared the hell outta me!!!
Old 18th April 2011, 10:37   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Moral of the experience:I have decided never ever to turn the steering when the keys are not in the ignition which would otherwise lead to the vehicle getting immobilized.
Are you sure its the immobilizer, because from the way you describe it, seems like a normal case of steering getting locked after turning it slightly when the key is not inserted.
Old 18th April 2011, 10:43   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
Are you sure its the immobilizer, because from the way you describe it, seems like a normal case of steering getting locked after turning it slightly when the key is not inserted.
Well I assume so because after the incident the key hole which is usually auto-covered with a small piece of metal was wide open and the vehicle refused to accept the key inside the ignition.

I had read somewhere on a hyundai forum that once the vehicle is immobilized we need to call the support guys to unlock it.However nothing like this happened in my case as it turned normal after 5 mins.Would require expert advice on this though.
Old 18th April 2011, 11:25   #112
Senior - BHPian

Typical symptoms of steering getting locked due to turning the steering after removing key. I doubt this has anything to do with immobiliser. This can often unnerve new users and the way out is to turn the key while turning the steering a bit at the same time.
Old 18th April 2011, 12:36   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys,
I realized its the immobilizer coming into play due to a possible theft arising out of my actions.
Definitely not the immobilizer. Just the steering lock coming into play here. Once the lock has been engaged there is still a small ply in the steering wheel.
To resume normal operations insert the key into the keyhole while turning the steering wheel left and right (remember there is a small ply).

Reminds me of my first time in an automatic. Took me 10 mins to figure out how to get the car to move. I was zapped as I had just rented the car and didnt want to go back inside and ask the guy how to drive it

Another time was when i rented an altima hybrid. Didnt realize how to start the car (had to press start and rev the accelerator). All these are experience to share and laugh about with friends.
Old 20th April 2011, 15:50   #114
BHPian

Is it possible to fit the bluetooth music system and steering controls available on "Asta"into the "sportz"?
Old 25th April 2011, 14:14   #115
BHPian

I have this problem after driving in last weekend heavy rains, the reverse horn is not that audible as it used be. But the head lamps, horn, indicators etc work's fine, I guess there is no problem with wiring/electrical and I was thinking to clean up the reverse horn/wiring as water might have entered during the drive. Just wanted some thoughts from fellow members if its possible to do it by self without taking to a mechanic? The other thing is I'm not able to figure out where the reverse horn is fitted

Second observation - while driving during rain (after driving through some water logged roads) the car was not able to pull in 2nd/3rd gear, had to shift to higher gear to move smoothly. During stop at one of the traffic signal noticed that RPM was showing some where around .5K (where as normally its around .7 to .8 K) and the engine is going to stop as if it not getting enough fuel, so had to keep pressing paddle to keep it rev'g and keep engine live. Now I dont see this, and RMP is normal as usual, any thoughts around this.

Cheers !!!
Old 26th April 2011, 00:42   #116
BHPian

Stratos, I can see in your picture as well as in my Asta that there are only two buttons on the steering-mounted bluetooth controls - to accept call and to hang up. However, in the user manual it is showing a third button below these two which is voice activated. I wonder why it is missing? Could be for European models only? Although it does not mention so.
Old 26th April 2011, 12:47   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
Stratos, I can see in your picture as well as in my Asta that there are only two buttons on the steering-mounted bluetooth controls - to accept call and to hang up. However, in the user manual it is showing a third button below these two which is voice activated. I wonder why it is missing? Could be for European models only? Although it does not mention so.
If I remember correctly and from the steering wheel picture in this review, there is a third button under the phone-controls on the right side with no symbols or functions printed on it. Pressing it did nothing. Might be functional for the export models only.
Stratos is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2011, 14:14   #118
Senior - BHPian

Guys i test drove Kappa2 yesterday in Noida, looking to replace my WR:

Couple of things are noted:

1. First gear response was not great. Infact my wagonR pulls better. Is that so with kappa2 ?
2. AC was not cooling up to the mark. It was 40 degree outside, but i somehow felt the AC was not at all chilling.

Can someone throw more light?
Old 2nd May 2011, 14:17   #119
BHPian

I had posted this query to a specific ownership thread elsewhere. Thought i would cross post here too to get a wider response.

A query:
The santro (don't remember the year/model number) in which i learnt driving recently could start from stationary by just releasing the clutch while on 1st gear. There was absolutely NO need to press the accelerator. Infact, my instructor told me this was the way to start a car from rest.

Now in my next-gen i10 sportz, this is not the case. If i try releasing the clutch in 1st gear without pressing the accelerator the engine stalls.

I found the santro's behaviour very convenient and have got used to it.

Why is the difference between i10 and santro?
Old 2nd May 2011, 14:22   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Guys i test drove Kappa2 yesterday in Noida, looking to replace my WR:

Couple of things are noted:

1. First gear response was not great. Infact my wagonR pulls better. Is that so with kappa2 ?
2. AC was not cooling up to the mark. It was 40 degree outside, but i somehow felt the AC was not at all chilling.

Can someone throw more light?
1. Very true. I am yet to see a 1.1/1.2 L engine that gives as much as throttle response and pick-up as the Suzuki's 1061cc that does duty in the Wagon R/Estilo (old). But once the revs build up, it's not an issue. You should probably drive a Chevy Beat to understand a real lazy 1.2 motor.

2. Not so. I can vouch for the fact that the i10's AC is much more effective than the Wagon R's. Might be a one-off case!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks