Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2012, 18:47   #256
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review

I10 asta orvm heating - how is it activated?

Is the orvm heating activated when rear defroster is switched on?

Nikhil
Old 2nd August 2012, 20:55   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Lots of poor mileage concerns being reported by Hyundai i10 owners. How far is this true?
Old 2nd August 2012, 21:26   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Lots of poor mileage concerns being reported by Hyundai i10 owners. How far is this true?
In my opinion, it depends on three factors: driving styles, personal preferences and road conditions. If you are a sedate driver and it driving conditions are favourable, you can achieve fairly god FE on the i10.

For example, I am a sedate driver who rarely uses the AC. Besides, road conditions here in Goa are better than in other parts of the country. I regularly get an FE of 17-19 kmpl on my i10 (Kappa2, Magna) on numerous FE (auto cut-off) tests conducted since December 2010.

A difference in any of the three above mentioned factors and you could be cursing your decision on having purchased the i10, after having being lured by the 20.x FE (ARAI) touted by Hyundai.
Old 2nd August 2012, 21:47   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
My used i10 Kappa (not Kappa2) used to return me ~11 in Bangalore. I travel on very crowded roads at peak hours both ways. A/C 40% usage. However, on the highways, it used to return 18-19 with 90% A/C. I feel the general consensus is that Kappa2 is more FE than Kappa.
Old 2nd August 2012, 21:52   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar

My used i10 Kappa (not Kappa2) used to return me ~11 in Bangalore. I travel on very crowded roads at peak hours both ways. A/C 40% usage. However, on the highways, it used to return 18-19 with 90% A/C. I feel the general consensus is that Kappa2 is more FE than Kappa.
My friend owns a kappa 2 and has reported similar figures if not less. It's surprising
Hyundai made such a big success out of the i10 with such an fuel inefficient engine in this FE obsessed market. The highway FE Amazes me though

Last edited by narayan : 2nd August 2012 at 21:53.
Old 2nd August 2012, 22:30   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

No prizes for guessing why the markets flooded with barely used i10's...
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 22:34   #262
BHPian

Since I run my i10 kappa2 only around 300 kms a month, is it OK if it take it in a for service once a year, instead of 6 monthly intervals?
Old 4th August 2012, 06:49   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Since I run my i10 kappa2 only around 300 kms a month, is it OK if it take it in a for service once a year, instead of 6 monthly intervals?
No. Sticking to service intervals are mandatory to maintain your warranty AFAIK.
Also - it's always good to have a visual inspection done once every 6 months to avoid any nasty surprises.
Old 4th August 2012, 07:13   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If it is still under warranty, the dealer/manufacturer might deny warranty, if any be needed, stating that the car has not undergone the scheduled services.

Otherwise too, it is debated that the fluids get to change their structure over much time, even if not used. Though it might be theoretically better to get serviced every 6 months, I personally think that the fluids will definitely survive an additional 6 months. Not much an issue going for yearly service, outside the warranty period, given your low usage.

Edit : Oh! Only after posting, I realized that blackasta has beaten me to the reply I had been keeping the reply window open for long

Last edited by thoma : 4th August 2012 at 07:18.
Old 4th August 2012, 18:55   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
I10 asta orvm heating - how is it activated?

Is the orvm heating activated when rear defroster is switched on?

Nikhil
Yes Nikhil. You have wait for a minute after read defroster starts working. Touch the glass and you should be able to feel glass getting warmer.
Old 4th August 2012, 20:12   #266
BHPian

The car is 1.5 yrs old and is used only on weekends when occupancy exceeds 2 people - hence the low running. And i had taken extended warranty at the time of buying it.

So what you guys are saying is that i need to to take it to the A.S.S every six months with ridiciulously low mileage on the ODO, just to keep the warranty alive.

Gaawwd, iam so embarrased everytime to see/hear the shocked reaction from the A.S.S guy when he jots down the odo reading in the job card.
Old 6th August 2012, 12:04   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
Hi Guys,

Excellent city car. The AC is very good, with its chilling effect. I did read here that the AC is under-performing in terms of cooling effects, but I don't feel so.

I roughly got 12kmpl 70%AC on in the city ( no bumper-bumper traffic). I hope it improves over services.
vdiatech, I've quoted below my colleague's reply for your Post.
He is an avid follower of TBHP and waiting to clear the TET(TBHP Entrance Test).
He wanted me to post this on his behalf.

Quote:
mileage in 100% city driving conditions is: 13.82
His i10 is around 15 months old and has completed all the free services
And this FE is with around 50% AC usage
Old 6th August 2012, 13:02   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
My friend owns a kappa 2 and has reported similar figures if not less. It's surprising
Hyundai made such a big success out of the i10 with such an fuel inefficient engine in this FE obsessed market. The highway FE Amazes me though
i10 has a lot of things going for it.
-Amazing Interior quality (though I hate that beige)
-Awesome gearbox. Can put a car 2 segments above to shame.
-It is a much better car than the Santro and WagonR in every respect.
-It has some aspirational value among small cars.
-Ideal size for the city.

Regarding the FE part, I think it is more to do with word of mouth. Since the i10 was launched with a 1.1 iRDE, it did get the 'fuel-efficient' tag. The 1.1 iRDE is an incredibly fuel efficient engine. I guess the Shahrukh ad on Kappa being more FE also helped as well as the ARAI figures. But real world is where the Kappa suffers on FE front.

OT: This is exactly contrasting situation on how Palios were perceived as fuel inefficient. Word-of-mouth is a very good medium of publicity in India. First few cars after launch can make or break a car's fortunes. Unfortunately.
Old 22nd August 2012, 10:23   #269
BHPian

Due to the way the spare tyre is bolted down in the boot, its impossible to fill air quickly at the petrol pump without first unbolting the spare. The other option is to leave the spare tyre unbolted to gain quick access, but this will cause rattles over bumps.

How do other i10 owners tackle this inconvenience?
Old 23rd August 2012, 05:38   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Due to the way the spare tyre is bolted down in the boot, its impossible to fill air quickly at the petrol pump without first unbolting the spare. The other option is to leave the spare tyre unbolted to gain quick access, but this will cause rattles over bumps.

How do other i10 owners tackle this inconvenience?
Nothing. I wasted 5 minutes each time to bolt the tire in/out while filling in air.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks