Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:40   #31
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Kolkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post

1) Block-DD, Salt Lake, Opposite City Centre. Beside Jubilee House. I have heard very good things about this pump.
I also, fill regularly in this pertrol pump (for last six years) and never had a problem with them. In last two years, it has become very crowded (due to proximity to City center) and need to wait more than 20 min. if happen to visit in evenings.

Petro pump near Salt Lake, Tank 9, CK block (HP outlet) is also good. But after recent renovation, this pumps has become clumsy, as the auto/cars enter form both sides and you end up reversing to go out of the pump.
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:58   #32
BHPian

I have been living in Saltlake for 26 years . For the first 10 years I have been filling from the bunk opposite City Center. The staff there seems to me a bit arrogant and it is quite crowded now as Ram_NP pointed out.

Now I mostly use the bunk beside AMRI Hospital ( formerly Suraksha ). My experience there is good and the staff too are courteous. Also have availed their car washing services sometimes.
mitrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:35   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Another from Salt Lake:
HP Bunk at Tank No.9 Salt Lake

I am a regular there, seems Ok, no problems yet. I am a biker.
I agree. I have seen my father filling up from here for as long as I can remember. Also, the pump hass recently undergone a renovation which included changing the fuel tanks underground. I guess that should mean less accumulated dirt at the bottom of their tanks. Better for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrajdeep View Post
I have been living in Saltlake for 26 years . For the first 10 years I have been filling from the bunk opposite City Center. The staff there seems to me a bit arrogant and it is quite crowded now as Ram_NP pointed out.

Now I mostly use the bunk beside AMRI Hospital ( formerly Suraksha ). My experience there is good and the staff too are courteous. Also have availed their car washing services sometimes.
You might want to give the above mentioned pump a try.
Old 23rd May 2011, 16:25   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I know that place. I pass through RB connector everyday.
Actually while you recommended this one (I also think this one is reliable) Sutripta has recommended the one on the opposite side which one I never used so far:
That's the confusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
^^^
The smaller IOC bunk (close to Kasba PS) is (was? used to be?) COCO (and functioning during dealer strikes).
I haven't had the best of experiences at the smaller place - once had some mess up with the payment I think. Have stayed away since. Plus, it's always crowded with buses and mini-buses lined up. The larger one is much more convenient to use.

Another decent pump is the (relatively new) one on the Prince Anwar Shah - Bypass connector, near Avishikta crossing. Tanked up there a few times, was happy with the fuel quality and service

Last edited by razor4077 : 23rd May 2011 at 16:29.
Old 21st June 2011, 11:48   #35
BHPian

All our cars in Kolkata in last 20+ years have been fillling from Prince Service Station (IOC) on Prince Anwar Shah Road near South City Mall. Never had problems.
Old 8th July 2011, 13:18   #36
BHPian

[quote=aroop;2344649]My experience has also been good at these:
Council service station (HP), Alipore (before majerhat bridge if coming from north)

I agree with you there.

The other place where I fill up regularly is at the Sil Para State Garage petrol pump (after Sakher Bazar if you come from the north) I am not sure about their petrol quality but since they sell LPG , I fill up both my tanks on the wagon r duo.

Another place that comes with impeccable reputation is the petrol pump opposite Command Hospital at Alipore. It is run by an all women crew and thus far I have had no occasion to complain.

Last edited by noidea : 8th July 2011 at 13:22. Reason: adding information
Old 8th July 2011, 21:30   #37
BHPian

Re: Pumps selling Iftex/System-G fuel additives

Gentlemen,
Is there any petrol pump in Kolkata, who stocks "Iftex/System-G" petrol additive on a regular basis? The only BP pump whom I knew to be a reliable supplier was the one at the junction of AJC Bose road and Ballygunge Circular Road. But it is not available from them either.
As all of you must be knowing that only the BP outlets sell this product, will any kind person having knowledge of this product being available at any BP outlet, please inform me, either through a PM or through a posting at this forum?
Thanks in advance,
Rahul Biswas
Old 9th July 2011, 12:59   #38
BHPian

Re: Pumps selling Iftex/System-G fuel additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
Gentlemen,
Is there any petrol pump in Kolkata, who stocks "Iftex/System-G" petrol additive on a regular basis? The only BP pump whom I knew to be a reliable supplier was the one at the junction of AJC Bose road and Ballygunge Circular Road. But it is not available from them either.
As all of you must be knowing that only the BP outlets sell this product, will any kind person having knowledge of this product being available at any BP outlet, please inform me, either through a PM or through a posting at this forum?
Thanks in advance,
Rahul Biswas
Whenever i visit Calcutta i get SystemG from Car-Fil. This is opposite the erstwhile famous "Maharani" kachori shop. Are you talking abouut the same one? Car-Fil is near the corner of Sarat Bose Road and Gariahat Road. Exact address is 170, Sarat Bose Road. Try there
hyper-VTEC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 14:24   #39
BHPian

You can get it from the BP petrol pump at the Deshpriya Park crossing, on the road towards southern avenue. It is the first petrol pump after taking the left turn from D.P. Park crossing (if you are coming from Gariahat).
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 16:54   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Whenever i visit Calcutta i get SystemG from Car-Fil. This is opposite the erstwhile famous "Maharani" kachori shop. Try there
Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
You can get it from the BP petrol pump at the Deshpriya Park crossing, on the road towards southern avenue. It is the first petrol pump after taking the left turn from D.P. Park crossing.
Thanks for your response gentlemen, I shall definitely buy it from either of these two places. I have already decided to buy a couple of bottles this time, so that I may have an adequate reserve.
Regards,
Rahul Biswas
Cossipore, North Calcutta.
Old 19th May 2012, 03:50   #41
BHPian

Please check for 'zero' and quality in the HP next to Millennium park in Sector V. Been there twice. Both times the meter was not set to 'zero'. I know because the fuel filled was more than the capacity of the tank! Imagine. The one near city center is very consistent. The best I have come across is the HP at Theatre Road crossing. The car lighter and smoother after the refill.
Old 19th May 2012, 20:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

There is a new BP COCO at Rajarhat, on the road opposite Tata Medical Center. Apart from this, I usually fill from the one beside AMRI saltlake.
Old 21st May 2012, 02:46   #43
BHPian

Theatre Road HP it is for me. It is the most trusted pump i have come across and moreover its only 5 minute drive from my place.
Petrol pumps I always avoid is the Indian Oil pump at Deb Lane, Park Circus.
They follow those notorious tricks of distracting you by trying to sell you products while another attendant pushes the nozzle without resetting to zero.
Did that with me a couple of times, so I stopped going there.
Old 21st May 2012, 07:14   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
There is a new BP COCO at Rajarhat, on the road opposite Tata Medical Center. Apart from this, I usually fill from the one beside AMRI saltlake.
I also fill from the same bunk. While their diesel is of pretty good quality (as mileage and smoothness remains constant) but their petrol is not very good.
Compared to Block-DD, Salt Lake, Opposite City Centre, my petrol cars always feel less smooth whenever I fill from here.
Old 21st May 2012, 11:37   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
I also fill from the same bunk. While their diesel is of pretty good quality (as mileage and smoothness remains constant) but their petrol is not very good.
Compared to Block-DD, Salt Lake, Opposite City Centre, my petrol cars always feel less smooth whenever I fill from here.
Somehow, my Ikon runs less kms to the liter when I fill from opposite the City Center petrol pump.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks