Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2007, 19:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

I have heard that the petrol pump near nehru memorial hall is pretty good.The pump opposite rto is also good

There is one petrol pump near a traffic signal close to St. Mary's school which I have had a bad experience[not only was the petrol quality bad they charged my mother for a fuel quantity which would never fit into a daewoo matiz]

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 12th March 2007 at 19:26.
Old 13th March 2007, 00:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
How is the new pump in Kothrud? Opposite McDonalds?
After having to bear with the bunk next to Karve Statue for years, I was hoping for something better. For some stupid reason, I was under the impression that it was COCO pump. Filled up twice, but never after that. No good or bad experience. It is just another pump and that is it. The staff looks as crude as anywhere else. Not like Autoline or COCO pumps. (It's name is Kasat Petrol Pump).

Another one is coming up on the slope of Bavdhan (Shinde Petrol Pump, I guess). Filled up my RX there for Rs.100 for the first time. Attendant stopped at 99.37 and I had to remind that it is not 100. Bottom line is that they suck everywhere

Last edited by RX135 : 13th March 2007 at 00:14.
Old 13th March 2007, 08:48   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Filled up my RX there for Rs.100 for the first time. Attendant stopped at 99.37 and I had to remind that it is not 100. Bottom line is that they suck everywhere
Why dont they just use the preset settings on the pump's console?
Old 13th March 2007, 09:09   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Why dont they just use the preset settings on the pump's console?
Because in that ways its easy to retain a few thousand rupees at day end considering that they do this to 95% of the cars. I always insist on presetting the amount in order to ensure less chances of malpractices.
Old 13th March 2007, 13:49   #35
BHPian

[HTML]I have heard that the petrol pump near nehru memorial hall is pretty good.[/HTML]

Very true...One of the best pumps in Camp.

Roshni Services at the start of Koregaon Park road is again one of the "best" pumps in Pune.
Avoid Silver Jubilee in camp at the end of East Street.The name has been tarnished over the years.BTW he sells only IOC premium.
Old 13th March 2007, 15:50   #36
BHPian

there are 2 pump which i have experienced so far:
1.bp wanowrie pump
2.hp koregan pump
which are good both
Old 13th March 2007, 17:51   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I read that Shell is opening its first pump on Mulshi road too. Don't know location though.
The Shell pump on the Mulshi road started operation a couple of weeks ago.....its on the straight stretch of road before Pirangut ghat begins.

Been filling up from there since the day it opened (its on my route to work) and have never been so pleasd by the service at any pump in Pune.

The attendants are courteous, always smiling and always make it a point to show you the 000.00 reading on the meter before starting to pump fuel. They only accept payment AFTER they've finished filling your fuel and the guys that clean your windshield DONT accept tips.

After all this, while leaving you get a friendly reminder to drive safely and wear your seatbelt.

Trust me, after frequenting the other pumps on this road, I now look forward to getting fuel from this one.

Did I mention, the average I've been getting from my Zen is now quite stable, as compared to the 1-2 kmpl fluctuations I had on previous fills.

TRust me, its worth planning a weekly drive to Mulshi/Lavasa just to get your tank filled up from here.

Suhail
Old 27th March 2007, 17:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

I have been filling petrol from the Autolines pump (HP pump - first pump on the left side after you turn left from F.C. Road onto the Ganeshkind Road towards the university). Good service and have not had any issues with the petrol.

There is a simple test to check the purity of petrol - put a drop of petrol onto a white paper napkin. The petrol should evaporate without leaving any coloured mark, if it is good petrol. (Read about this test somewhere)
Old 29th March 2007, 04:40   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Last night, I noticed IOC C.O.C.O. pump near "Maldhakka" A.K.A "Juna Gadital"
between RTO and Pune station. It should be good too.
Ya, I saw that pump a month or so back too .. I thought it should be good since it's a COCO pump. Plus, team-bhp members seem to favor IOC fuel to others. So, I decided to fill up my Palio there. They had apparently opened up just 2 days before that day. I did fill up my car there but didn't really pay attention to how my car behaved
afterwards. Will fill up once again from there and report here.
Old 1st July 2007, 12:26   #40
BHPian

i have noticed that that pump in aundh (once you take the turn opp to the one that goes to medipoint)

i went and filled up for 100bucks, then as i left, another fellow from the pump cacme running and sed that i hadnt paid... zabardasti natak! i really shouted at them and then he left my back

sad situation guys
Old 1st July 2007, 13:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

Is that the gaikwad petrol pump next to Clarion park apartments? pple actually queue up there all the time!!

I normally fill up at Sai HP pump on NH4, before the turn off to the Express way.
Old 1st July 2007, 15:28   #42
BHPian

HP Pump on University road - Autolines is by far the best pump in Pune, and is the only place i fuel up!
Old 3rd September 2007, 19:50   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

I vote for the BP COCO pump opposite RTO near Sangam Brdg.

I am getting stable average from there...
Old 3rd September 2007, 20:49   #44
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I vote for the BP COCO pump opposite RTO near Sangam Brdg.

I am getting stable average from there...
I am currently filling up at this bunk, with Speed 97. I agree, this bunk seems to be good.

This after a bad experience at the BP bunk in Wanowrie (Kedari service station?). These guys adulterate, and once my car stalled and jerked after filling up normal petrol. Their Speed also does not give me the consistent performance that I am now getting from Speed 97.
Old 4th September 2007, 11:52   #45

how can we identify a COCO bunk? is it written somewhere. Or just ask the guys working there?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks