Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 14:01   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Glad it's of help to you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toll gate View Post
Also if a detailed write up on the same lines on "how to buy a used car", would help many.
We try to leave no stone unturned . Link to detailed used car article
Old 28th August 2009, 13:58   #47
Senior - BHPian

Thanks GTO, the article is a rule book for the sellers

I had sold many of my cars and demanded for the new RC copy for my reference. The dealer was a known friend and thus everything was smooth. I was not aware of what all things went during the transactions but now I am aware.

Also, sold my bike in 1999 after 2 years received the cheque from Insurance company, to my amazement our security guard who bought the bike from me (for peanuts courtesy mother) got it stolen as he got twice the amount from insurance company. He then begged and was given the refund only once he reported the case in my area's police station about the theft. I got the copy of FIR and was relieved.

I will be selling my 7years old Indica soon, and I have started getting offers from Taxi operators. I am glad this time I will make sure I get the detailed documents with me at the time of the deal.

Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2009, 15:36   #48
Senior - BHPian

I have to sell an Ikon for an owner who will be leaving India for a 3 month spell in a week. What are the papers/forms on which I should have him sign before he leaves, to be able to complete the transaction in his absence?
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:34   #49
Senior - BHPian

Also, at the risk of going OT for a bit, is the 1.6 Ikon as much of cult car as the Palio 1.6 GTX, now that it is not being made anymore? If so, any suggestions on how to move it best?
Old 4th September 2009, 17:04   #50
BHPian

Form 28 - whose responsibility is it - sellers or buyers?

Form 28 - NOC from the RTO where the seller resides.

I just sold my car to somebody who resides and plans to register in another RTO area.

I filled up the Form-28 in triplicate and handed it over to him along with Form 29 and 30. Technically, is that my responsibility or the buyers?
Old 5th September 2009, 15:12   #51
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
What are the papers/forms on which I should have him sign before he leaves, to be able to complete the transaction in his absence?
Exactly as per the attachments in post no.3 of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
is the 1.6 Ikon as much of cult car as the Palio 1.6 GTX
Still a revered car in the circles. My brother drives one, I enjoy putting her through her paces. Shoddy brakes though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
I filled up the Form-28 in triplicate and handed it over to him along with Form 29 and 30. Technically, is that my responsibility or the buyers?
That's the typical way that transactions are carried out. Just make sure that ALL details have been filled out (including buyers name), you retain a copy and inform the two RTOs (yours and his jurisdiction) in the manner outlined in post no. 4.
Old 7th September 2009, 19:30   #52
Senior - BHPian

A very informative thread , GTO.

This is my experience on selling my bike about a year ago :

Sold it to an agent , who came along with a supposed buyer. Signed on the transfer forms, kept the delivery note and took a copy of the buyer's DL.

I did insert the name of the buyer on the transfer form. However I did not keep a copy of the transfer forms, nor did I send a copy to the RTOs.

Recently I enquired at the RTO - got a B-ledger extract - and was shocked to learn that the bike was registered in someone elses name, and not on the person I had sold it to !

Clearly , the agent had forged my signature and sold it to another person.

Anyways , I'm not really concerned about it since there's no legal liability on me.

As a side note, there's a line on RC book where the registered owner should have his signature. If anyone has left it blank, do sign it so that the chances of getting one's signature forged are less.
Old 12th September 2009, 23:50   #53
BHPian

Dealers forging signature of the seller is a common feature offered these days. Not to mention, the amount of transfer of ownership fee is mere Rs 110 at most RTOs but the dealer or the RTO agent charges Rs 1000, so that such acts are taken care of.
dr.faramroze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2009, 16:38   #54
BHPian

Thanks for the great article. This gave me the confidence to try and sell my car myself and I got a 20k premium over what the dealer was offering me.

However I have a few questions.
Form 28 doesnt have any place where the buyer needs to sign. Am I reading the form correctly?
Also in Form 28, the third part is about grant/refusal of NOC. Should this be done by the seller? So should I fill up the form and go to the RTO to get a NOC and then hand over these to the seller? If yes, then what fees do I have to pay to the RTO as the seller?

In Form 30, if the NOC is not issued, then I have to file a declaration as per sub-section(I) of section 50. So, this means, as a seller, if I dont have the RTO seal on Form 28, then I have to give this declaration. Is this right?

Just to make things clearer, could you please tell me whether I, as a seller, have to make any trip to the RTO? And if yes, then what all should I be doing at the RTO?

Finally, in the delivery note, there is mention of a LIC number. Is this the License number? As in the Driving License number, and of the seller?

Also this is from a previous post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Just her signature on Forms 29 and 30 will be enough. You can then fill up the forms as necessary when you finalize a deal with a buyer.
Isn't the original sellers signature required on Form 28 as well? Hope it was just a typo.

Looking forward to your response soon, as I have fixed my deal and now I have to start the paperwork.
herculesksp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2009, 17:24   #55
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
Thanks for the great article. This gave me the confidence to try and sell my car myself and I got a 20k premium over what the dealer was offering me.
I'm glad it was of help to you. How about a treat when you are in my neck of the woods for that 20 grand saved . Just kidding.

Quote:
Form 28 doesnt have any place where the buyer needs to sign. Am I reading the form correctly?
Correct. Buyer need not sign on this form.

Quote:
Also in Form 28, the third part is about grant/refusal of NOC. Should this be done by the seller?
Not by the seller nor by the buyer. It is the RTO which will stamp & sign here.

Quote:
In Form 30, if the NOC is not issued, then I have to file a declaration as per sub-section(I) of section 50. So, this means, as a seller, if I dont have the RTO seal on Form 28, then I have to give this declaration. Is this right?
Simpler : Have all form details filled up and have the seller complete transfer formalities. He will get the RTO stamp on Form 28 and then proceed with Form 30.

Quote:
Just to make things clearer, could you please tell me whether I, as a seller, have to make any trip to the RTO? And if yes, then what all should I be doing at the RTO?
The only reason we recommend a trip to the RTO, with the seller, is to ensure that the car transfer goes through in a timely manner (versus him driving with the car in your name). Basically, to watch over the process. If you have the time, yes, go ahead.

Quote:
Finally, in the delivery note, there is mention of a LIC number. Is this the License number? As in the Driving License number, and of the seller?
The buyer's driving licence number.
Old 19th October 2009, 16:09   #56
BANNED

Are the forms mentioned here applicable all over india, i need to know the process and forms required for a car owner change in Delhi. I know the owner and car is to be transferred to my name...

Please help ASAP
Old 20th October 2009, 09:59   #57
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78 View Post
Are the forms mentioned here applicable all over india, i need to know the process and forms required for a car owner change in Delhi. I know the owner and car is to be transferred to my name...

Please help ASAP
These forms should work in Delhi, and most parts of India as well. However, it may be wise to cross check with your local RTO (especially the ones down South) once.
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:52   #58
mkh
Senior - BHPian

OMG!
I just checked about my santro that i sold over a year back, its STILL in my name....the guy who bought it has not transferred
I was not aware of notifying the RTO as i thought only having the delivery note and papers is ok and its the buyers risk not to transfer...
Now what should i do? Notify the RTO now? Shall i call the buyer and ask him the ID proof etc? The guy was a decent buy in fact...
The safety net for me is that i am no longer at the address i had on the RC book( just a minor thing) so in the worst case if anyone comes looking for me there i am not there anymore...
Please suggest on how to fix this-RTO is bangalore..
Old 24th October 2009, 19:44   #59
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
I just checked about my santro that i sold over a year back, its STILL in my name....the guy who bought it has not transferred
Exactly the reason behind our detailed, and time-consuming, 4th point. This is a very unwanted situation. If he scams after a hit & run, the cops will turn up to arrest you.

Quote:
Now what should i do? Notify the RTO now?
First, get in touch with the buyer himself. If he is indeed a decent chap, he'll have the car transferred right away.

If he doesn't co-operate, inform the RTO as outlined in the opening posts. Tell the buyer you intend to do so (if that makes him proceed with the transfer).
Old 25th October 2009, 00:45   #60
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Exactly the reason behind our detailed, and time-consuming, 4th point. This is a very unwanted situation. If he scams after a hit & run, the cops will turn up to arrest you.

Just on a lighter note: cops would turn up at an address where i no longer exist but that is just to make me feel little at ease till i fix this

First, get in touch with the buyer himself. If he is indeed a decent chap, he'll have the car transferred right away.

If he doesn't co-operate, inform the RTO as outlined in the opening posts. Tell the buyer you intend to do so (if that makes him proceed with the transfer).
Called him up: he has agreed to transfer, also he has agreed to give me a copy of the papers( which i seem to have lost) and i will send them by registered post to the RTO in any case right away!!
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks