Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 22:08   #91
BHPian

So I just ensure that I get the NCB letter from my the insurer of my old car and when I am renewing the new one, I present this. That's great news! Was that what the old man at Mahindra was trying to tell me
Old 28th January 2010, 11:23   #92
Senior - BHPian

Delivery note and TCA forms question

Do the delivery note and TCA forms have to be on a stamp paper? Or will a print out of the attached .pdf documents suffice?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 28th January 2010, 16:05   #93
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Do the delivery note and TCA forms have to be on a stamp paper? Or will a print out of the attached .pdf documents suffice?

Cheers,
Vikram
Nope, they can be printed as is. Only the sale agreement, which is an optional document by itself, need be printed on stamp paper.
Old 4th February 2010, 13:47   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
• Notify your insurance company of the transfer (in case insurance was part of the deal) or cancellation (in case you are retaining your insurance premium) via registered post.
Hi GTO,
Kudos for the extremely informative post.
I had a question pertaining to the above point.

If I am not transfering the insurance (insurance expired and I missed the renewal date), what is the best way forward?
From what I understand, the buyer needs to submit the Insurance certificate to the RTO for the transfer of name. Will the insurance company issue a new Insurance policy to the Buyer (in buyer's name) without transfer taking place?
Old 4th February 2010, 15:06   #95
Team-BHP Support

I have a KA registered Indica.
I plan to sell it in Punjab(As selling it in KA would involve me being there etc.,)

I want to know the procedure.
I guess the steps are
1. Get NOC from KA
Now what all is needed for this apart from Registration booklet(Lifetime registration) and Insurance document?
2. Get NOC to Punjab RTO, pay pro rate tax
Whats the procedure for this?
Old 5th February 2010, 10:06   #96
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I plan to sell it in Punjab(As selling it in KA would involve me being there etc.,)
If you have friends or family who can dispose the car off in KA, do that. It will be far simpler + you'll get a better price too.

Quote:
1. Get NOC from KA
Now what all is needed for this apart from Registration booklet(Lifetime registration) and Insurance document?
This additional form needs to be given to the buyer of your car:

Quote:
Form No.28 - Application for N.O.C. and grant of certificate, if the buyer falls in another RTO’s jurisdiction (3 Originals).
Quote:
2. Get NOC to Punjab RTO, pay pro rate tax Whats the procedure for this?
Not your headache. Sell the car as is, let the new owner complete the Punjab formalities.
Old 5th February 2010, 10:09   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post

I want to know the procedure.
I guess the steps are
1. Get NOC from KA
2. Get NOC to Punjab RTO, pay pro rate tax
Whats the procedure for this?
You will get best resale price only in KA.

Taxis will snap it up easy.
Old 5th February 2010, 10:54   #98
Team-BHP Support

I will loose around 15K in transporting the car the Bangalore... but lets see. If I can sell her in BLR without visiting the city(air ticket cost), then KA makes more sense.
Old 5th February 2010, 18:15   #99
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If you have a trust worthy driver on hand, ask him to take her down to Bangalore. What better time to exploit the famed fuel efficiency of the Indica and save $$$.

Bangalore will, in all certainty, fetch you a better price. The cost of new cars (and thus, used) in that city is amongst the highest across India.
Old 18th February 2010, 00:38   #100

Fellow boarders, please help me with the following query:

I bought a car from Mr. A. Within 1 week of buying (without change of ownership), I sell the car to Mr. B.
Can I take a delivery note from Mr.B on behalf of Mr A and have Mr. A sign the remaining transfer documents and then transfer the ownership to Mr. B?
Old 18th February 2010, 17:27   #101
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrockerboy View Post
I bought a car from Mr. A. Within 1 week of buying (without change of ownership), I sell the car to Mr. B.

Can I take a delivery note from Mr.B on behalf of Mr A and have Mr. A sign the remaining transfer documents and then transfer the ownership to Mr. B?
First and foremost, the law requires you to transfer the used car within 14 days of purchase. If you resell it in less than 14 days, I don't see why it should be a problem.

HOWEVER, the same must be clearly communicated to Mr. A at all times. Transparency is everything.
Old 24th April 2010, 23:30   #102
BHPian

I am a first time seller with my 8yr old Alto. I am a bit nervous about the RTO formalities. The article has been a tremendous help and has "emboldened" me to sell the car myself. I just wanted to know whether the following points are correct. Help is greatly appreciated.

[quote=GTO;1411821]
Step THREE : Payments & Documentation

To hand over to the buyer:

1. Form No.28 - Application for N.O.C. and grant of certificate, if the buyer falls in another RTO’s jurisdiction (3 Originals). Format attached.

Since the buyers are from the same RTO jurisdiction, this form will not be required.

2.Form No.35 - NOC from the Finance Company (Format Attached). If your car’s outstanding loan is not yet entirely paid off, the general procedure dictates for you to foreclose the loan (pay your financing bank the outstanding principal amount, pending interest & related charges), procure an NOC from the finance company and hand the same over to the buyer.

I have paid off my loan 5yrs back, So again I wont be requiring the form

Maybe some points are covered in the previous posts, but clarification would be most welcome as I have not clearly understood these two points.
Old 9th May 2010, 00:30   #103
BHPian

Transfer of Ownership Process at Indira Nagar RTO ,Bangalore

I would like to share my experience of buying a used Car and then getting it registered in my name from RTO. I bought a car from my relative and was aware about the service history. I also received all the Service record documents from him. He told me about the process to get the same registered in my name from RTO. I was skeptical about the reputation of RTO way of working and was not sure what kind of hurdles I have to face while getting Transfer of Ownership for the Car. I checked the T-BHP forum and Karnataka RTO website which informed of charges as Rs.200/- and also the documents required.
In this regards, I thought of checking with agent situated at my Company premises, who will get the whole process completed for some fee. They told me that the charge for transfer of ownership will be Rs. 2000/- (two thousand). I was shocked at their charges and even blasted their representative. Hence, I decided to get the process done on my own and in case any problem comes up, then take help of some other agent.
So here goes my story of transfer of Ownership for car purchased from my relative.

1. Went to Indira Nagar RTO in Bangalore and purchased forms required for transfer of Ownership from Stationery shop located at the ground Floor. Total cost was Rs. 15/- (Fifteen only).

2. Filled all the forms and got it signed from seller (my relative). Clearance Certificate was not required as the RTO is same.

3. Completed documents lists included
i) 2 Passport Size photos of transferor.
ii) Duly filled Form 29 (2 copies) ,
iii) Duly filled Form 30
iv) Registration certificate in Original
v) Insurance Certificate (copy)
vi) PUC certificate (copy)
vii) Address proof

4. Went to Room # 8 at Indira Nagar RTO, Bangalore and then showed all my documents to person staff at Counter # 3. He checked the documents and asked me to add one Envelope with Rs. 25/- stamp for sending updated Registration certificate to transferor's residence through Speed Post. Purchased Envelope and Rs.25/- stamp from stationery shop and Post office respectively. Also wrote my address on the Envelope.

5. Went to Counter # 3 again and then showed documents to same person again. He asked me to pay Fees of Rs. 105/- at Counter # 5 and collect receipt.

6. He Signed after obtaining the receipt and directed me to Counter # 9 for submitting all the checked documents for transfer of ownership.

7. Went to Counter # 9 and a Lady collected the documents and issued acknowledgement receipt. She told me that I will be receiving documents (updated RC) within 10 days by Speed Post and seems that RTO is using Speed Post for reducing the queue at RTO counters.

Total time taken for the process was around 45 minutes and total cost Rs. 150/- (15 + 105 + 30). Hence, my patience paid off and I saved my hard earned money. Only thing is that we need to communicate using Sir and Madam with RTO staff, which I feel all of us can do. My overall experience with the Indira Nagar ,Bangalore RTO is a good one .
I hope this will help members who are required to perform transfer of ownership of vehicle.
aeroamit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2010, 16:53   #104
Senior - BHPian

Superb article!

I didn't have the time and inclination to do a private sale of my Maruti 800 (it was pretty old and I don't think the difference would've been too high) and I sold it to True Value. I wish they are true to their word and complete the transfer of ownership formalities in the manner stated in the article.

RTOs around the country have started providing query features on their websites. One quick way to ensure everything is in order is to query for the registration number of the car and see who owns it currently as per RTO records. For instance, this is the relevant link for Andhra Pradesh. This shows that the car is still registered under my name, which probably means True Value hasn't found a buyer for it yet. I should check back with them and see if that is the case.

Thanks,
Spadix
Old 26th May 2010, 14:05   #105
BHPian

Hi

I've bought a Linea E Pk in Sep'09 and has run around 8000 km so far. I'm moving onsite for a couple of years. I need advice on whether I should keep the car here (some friends can do intermittent run-in but not regular usage) or sell it off. I'm emotionally attached to my emotion pack car hence it's a difficult to think of selling it so fast. Secondly, my guess is although it's just around 8-9 months old, price depreciation will be quite considerable.

Any pointers pls. (incl. whether I need to put this question in some other forum :-))

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks