Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2010, 18:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thanks.

But what has time taken for a process got to do with corruption I mean I got most of RCs(for car & bikes) after 2-3 months in Pune as well.
Old 26th February 2010, 08:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Very good article & sorry to say that has instilled fear within me.
I'd bought a used WagonR in 2006 Mar & had taken a loan for around 30% from citi bank; I foreclosed the loan during 2007 Apr. After the closure, say around by May 2007, I received a hypothication cancelled letter in the Citibank's letter head; I didn't worry much about it because
1. The car was registered under my name when I'd bought it during 2006 Mar from a car dealer in Chennai with "No Hypothecation" to the bank
2. The insurance till date also has only my name & no where hypothecation being mentioned
3. I haven't seen an "NOC" for the car till date
4. Till date I don't have any issues with Citibank or from RTO (or may be no problems so far)

Do I've to really worry about it? Is everything OK? After reading this post, I've a question in my mind as why the bank's hypothication is not being mentioned in the car's RC book. Can someone help me understand pls?

Last edited by aargee : 26th February 2010 at 08:10.
Old 26th February 2010, 11:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

Aargee If there was no Hypothecation on your RC & insurance then you dont need to worry.

But since you say that Citibank gave you a Hypothecation removed NOC I suggest you get the RC record checked in your RTO.

As for RTO causing problem, well there is no Problem, The Hypothecation only is an issue while selling the car (transferring ownsership) or if your car is lost/fully damaged & you need full compensation from Insurance.
Old 26th February 2010, 13:10   #19
Team-BHP Support

For Bangalore, Indranagar RTO, centhil's post which i have provided below was very useful for me. Everything worked just like he mentioned. I also took along Condor with me when going, just in case some knowledge of Kannada was required.

Bangalore_RTO_Hypothecation_removal
Old 26th February 2010, 13:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Photocopies may need to be attested/notorised.
I did the Hypo removal for my bike couple of years back.
No need for attested photocopies.
Remember you are also submitting the originals. I see no point in attestation.
===
Here in TN, I see this process somewhat simple.
1. Paid the fees at payment counter - Here itself they enter vehicle details in computer and gives a receipt.
2. Give all the docs to officer incharge for hypo removal along with the fees payment receipt.
3. He asked for a A4 size envelope with Rs.20 stamp attached to it. This is for sending the RC back to me via post - Not sure if this step is really required. Officer on seeing me applying hypo removal directly might have asked me to get it. I obviously get it from the stationery shop inside the RTO compound. He could have given it back to the stationery shop and encashed
4. Officer asked me to comeback at particular date. (Then why the envelope?)
He also endorsed the date on my counterfoil of fees receipt.
5. Went to RTO on specified date and got the RC back.
Just two day trip to RTO.
Old 26th February 2010, 13:43   #21
BHPian

Kedar, excellent post and right on time for me too as I have to do this process before end of March.
Thanks again!

ps: sukiwa, thanks to you too :-)
Old 26th February 2010, 13:53   #22
BHPian

Thanks for the effort Technocrat!

I recently did the HP removal for my car and it took me less than five minutes at the Janak Puri RTO in Delhi to submit all the documentation and fees. I was told to come after 20 days and collect the new RC Smart card and bingo, when I landed there in 3 weeks time, it took me another 5 minutes to pick it up from the counter. Trust me guys, it is really not a scary process if you have done your research and are informed about the process. Stay away from the agents!

On the other hand, my lender Maruti Countrywide (GE Money) sent me an NOC each for self, RTO and insurance company. Along with it came two copies of Form 35 as well which was signed and stamped by them in the requisite places. I simply arranged for the other docs and got it done. Easy, isn't it!
Old 26th February 2010, 14:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Aargee If there was no Hypothecation on your RC & insurance then you dont need to worry.

But since you say that Citibank gave you a Hypothecation removed NOC I suggest you get the RC record checked in your RTO.

As for RTO causing problem, well there is no Problem, The Hypothecation only is an issue while selling the car (transferring ownsership) or if your car is lost/fully damaged & you need full compensation from Insurance.
Thanks. But Sir, why didn't they mention the hypothecation in the RC in the first place?
Old 26th February 2010, 14:13   #24
BANNED

Nice article. You don't need an agent for any RTO work. Always remember one thing. If you have a problem at the RTO talk to a man/woman in uniform. They will know the correct procedure and will be able to help you better than the clerks.
Old 26th February 2010, 15:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Guys

Like others too have posted, its a simple procedure & can easily be done on our own.

@aargee - Thats what puzzles me too as to why there is no mention of hypothecation on your RC
Old 26th February 2010, 16:39   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I'd bought a used WagonR in 2006 Mar
1. The car was registered under my name when I'd bought it during 2006 Mar from a car dealer in Chennai with "No Hypothecation" to the bank

Do I've to really worry about it? Is everything OK? After reading this post, I've a question in my mind as why the bank's hypothication is not being mentioned in the car's RC book. Can someone help me understand pls?
Which all forms and papers did you submit to the RTO when you transferred the vehicle to your name? Did you include any letter from Citibank and did they stamp and sign any form. If not then, there is no hypotication endorsement on your RC. Just go ahead and sell the vehicle. In any case if there is an endorsement which they forgot to endorse on the book, it will be there in the records and the NOC will not be issued.
Simplest thing to do if you don't remember is go to the RTO and speak to a MVI or AMVI and he/she will guide you. Nothing to worry as you cannot be penalised for this. This is either the fault of the bank or the RTO.
Old 26th February 2010, 17:22   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice documentation there Technocrat. Thanks

As a matter of fact never use the middlemen for any of the RTO works, its just spending more money. After computerization the transfers, etc are all much easier than what it was earlier.
Old 26th February 2010, 20:19   #28
BHPian

Really a very handy for getting job done on your own. For me surely this is going to help as, I am yet to get my Hypothetication canceled even though loan was closed 5 years back and get my vehicle registered in Bangalore.

Thanks
Old 28th February 2010, 21:52   #29

an excellent & thorough article. another thumbs up for all you passionate team-bhp members!
Old 1st March 2010, 14:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

Thanks nkrishnap, aeroamit & PingleWood

I am glad that you guys liked it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks