Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2012, 09:42   #151
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the detailed procedure. I am concerned about this 2 or 3 visit process. I am planning to visit the Kmangala RTO today. However, I have moved out of Blore and will not be able to again visit the RTO. Is it ok if my father or someone else can collect the RTO on my behalf? Has anyone done this?
Old 29th May 2012, 17:50   #152
BHPian

Hi all. Got my removal of Hypothecation process initiated. Visited the Kormangala Office today (BDA complex). Documents required are:
Original copy of NOC from bank along with the 2 Form 35, Original RC book, copy of the insurance, copy of PUC.

The process is extremely easy and simple and requires no need for any agent unless you are in a tearing hurry to get the RC book back. The detailed steps for those requiring the same in Bangalore are as below:

Steps:

1. Visit the Reception area on 2nd Floor. You will find a couple of folks sitting there to guide. You can mention to them about your need and they will guide you. Other wise you can follow steps 2 through 6 below

2. Visit room no 11, and deposit Rs 100 towards Hypothecation removal. The cashier will ask you the purpose and the Vehicle regn number and then collect Rs 100 and give you 2 Copies of the receipt.

3. You will then need to get a Postal cover (Rs 25 Stamp - The cover costs Rs 30 incl Rs 25 stamps). You will get the same from a Stationery shop below on the ground floor.

4. Staple the following documents:
The Original Bank NOC (you need to only submit the RTO copy, NOC for Insurance is not required at the RTO), Original RC book, copy of the insurance, Copy of the Pollution check and the 2 receipts of the Payment of Rs 100.

5. Write the address to which you want the RC book delivered after dehypothecation on the Postal cover and Pin the same along with the documents mentioned in Point 4 above.

6. Submit the bunch to the person in Room 11. The person will verify all the documents and sign them. You will then be directed to a supervisor who will provide you a receipt with a sign indicating the SL #. Please keep this safely with you as this is a small piece of paper that can help you trace the Documents in case the RC book doesn't get delivered.

The lady mentioned I should be able to get the RC book delivered (sent by Registered Post) within 7 days.

The whole experience was simple and quick. I only hope I get the RC book delivered in the next 2 weeks. I shall update this post on receipt of the same
nurni76 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 20:56   #153
BHPian

With regard to the Hypothecation Removal Process - We had a car loan from ICICI Bank which ended in November 2010. Even though ICICI Bank sent us the NOC and respective papers on 23 November 2010 as my parents are unwell, they did not go forward with the removal process and waited for my return.

Today 11 July 2012, I first called the ICICI Bank customer service, told him the story and he said that he can put in an application and initiate the process of NOC and it would reach me within nine working days. Well again requested the customer representative that I have only a few days in Bangalore and would appreciate his help in getting the NOC faster, then he suggested me to go the nearest ICICI Bank branch with the loan number and they will issue the NOC immediately.

Well in my case the nearest branch was CMH Road Branch - Bangalore, So went there, advised me to go the first floor, counter no. 11, had to wait for 15 min to get my turn and once I was with the officer, once again told him my story and he checked the system and he immediately issued the NOC. It contained four papers - One letter to RTO - One letter to Insurance - One sheet Form 35 - One sheet office endorsement...

The car was in my mother's name so had to take a authorization letter (which was informed on phone by the customer service) along with a copy of the photo Identity of mother which she has to sign, along with my photo id original and copy. Everything went smooth

Now have to approach the RTO to continue with the removal process
ashi4877 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 09:47   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Hi all. Got my removal of Hypothecation process initiated. Visited the Kormangala Office today (BDA complex). Documents required are:
Original copy of NOC from bank along with the 2 Form 35, Original RC book, copy of the insurance, copy of PUC.

The lady mentioned I should be able to get the RC book delivered (sent by Registered Post) within 7 days.

The whole experience was simple and quick. I only hope I get the RC book delivered in the next 2 weeks. I shall update this post on receipt of the same
Folks. Sorry not to update this earlier. I got my original RC book in just a Week's time. That was really a pleasant surprise.
Old 23rd July 2012, 15:15   #155

Hello All,
Last week I did the process in KR Puram RTO Bangalore. This is what I had to do -
1. Make a file with Original RC Book, Form 35 from bank, NOC, Emission certificate.
2. Go to 2nd floor and handover to the clerk at data entry counter. She does some entry on the system and gives it back to you.
3. Go to 4th floor, get the file checked by the Supervisor, he will make a note of the fee to be paid. 300 Rs. (200 for smart card). Pay at cash counter on 4th floor.
4. Go back to ground floor to DL photography department and get a stamp affixed (in case of smart card issuance). Else do step 5.
5. Go back to 3rd floor and submit at submission counter. Get acknowledgement.
Done. No agents required. Total time - 15 mins.
-Bala
Bala_blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 23:31   #156
BHPian

I have purchased the bike in 2004 and taken a loan from Bajaj finance, after completion i didnt paid much attention for removal of hypothecation from RC, my bike is Delhi registered. Last week i obtained NOC from the finance company.

The problem is that i am currently residing in Gurgaon and my bike is registered in Delhi seeikh sarai RTO. And i have read somewhere to rremove the hypothecation address proof is required and i dont have any address proof of Delhi because i am shifted to Gurgaon. I just want to remove the hypothecation , can anybody tell how to get hypothecation removed from RC in my case. I dont mind getting it done through any Agent, how much getting from agent will cost?

Any suggestion how to get this thing done..!!!
Old 1st January 2013, 15:06   #157
Senior - BHPian

Hello Friends,

I have recently bought a Used Bajaj Pulsar from a colleague, as he was going abroad.

The bike was purchased on Loan from Bajaj Finance & same is endorsed on Smart Card.
Now the loan is paid off & the owner has handed over the NOC & Form 35 from Bajaj FInance to me along with other RTO Transfer papers.

Now I need to remove the hypothecation & transfer the bike to my name. I have spoken to couple of RTO agents & the best quote I got is Rs. 1700 for both - removal of hypothecation & transfer of ownership. Is this charge of Rs. 1700 OK? or I shall try going to RTO Andheri myself & get the work done?

Thanks,
Old 21st January 2013, 10:45   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post

3. You will then need to get a Postal cover (Rs 25 Stamp - The cover costs Rs 30 incl Rs 25 stamps). You will get the same from a Stationery shop below on the ground floor.
Hi,
I had a quick question regarding the address which is entered on the postal cover. Does it have to be the address mentioned in the RC book or can it be any address that you would want it to be sent to?

Thanks,
Old 21st January 2013, 11:09   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
Hi,
I had a quick question regarding the address which is entered on the postal cover. Does it have to be the address mentioned in the RC book or can it be any address that you would want it to be sent to?
Thanks,
Hello Vista_qjd,

I believe the smart card will be sent by Registered post to the address for which you have submitted the Address Proof Doucment. In my case I had given my Voter's ID Card as address proof & the RTO Agent confirmed with me thrice whether the address on Voter's card is absolutely correct? Because he said the Smart Card will be delivered there.

Hello,

I recently gave the documents to transfer the Pre-Owned Bajaj Pulsar 180 to my name to a local RTO Agent. The bike as a Bank Hypothecation on the Smart Card which needs to be cleared & then the Bike will be transferred to my name. The RTO Agent has agreed to Rs. 1,700 for this work (both cancelation of Hypothecation & Transfer to my name). Other three agents I enquired quoted minimum Rs. 2,100 for the same work.

Thanks,
Old 21st January 2013, 12:25   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Vista_qjd,

I believe the smart card will be sent by Registered post to the address for which you have submitted the Address Proof Doucment. In my case I had given my Voter's ID Card as address proof & the RTO Agent confirmed with me thrice whether the address on Voter's card is absolutely correct? Because he said the Smart Card will be delivered there.

Thanks,
For dehypothecation no address proof is required or submitted. Hence my question on which address would the smart card be send to.
Old 28th January 2013, 19:53   #161

The smart card will be sent to the address in the RC. It is usually ready in 2-3 days. Call the RTO number to check if the process is done. In my case the job was done in 3 days but the clerk didn't mail it out. (For obvious reasons). I had to go and collect it with photo ID and address proof (voter id).
Old 28th January 2013, 21:48   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala_blr
The smart card will be sent to the address in the RC. It is usually ready in 2-3 days. Call the RTO number to check if the process is done. In my case the job was done in 3 days but the clerk didn't mail it out. (For obvious reasons). I had to go and collect it with photo ID and address proof (voter id).
I bought a used car in chennai and the RC is a smart card. The owner has cleared the loan and I got the NOC from the bank. Now I need to clear the hypothecation that is written on the smart card. Will the smart card goto the owners place after the hypothecation is removed or can I collect it from the RTO? I would prefer giving it to a driving school for doing the job.
Old 29th January 2013, 10:48   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
I bought a used car in chennai and the RC is a smart card. The owner has cleared the loan and I got the NOC from the bank. Now I need to clear the hypothecation that is written on the smart card. Will the smart card goto the owners place after the hypothecation is removed or can I collect it from the RTO? I would prefer giving it to a driving school for doing the job.
Hello Zwift1819,

Since you have bought a second hand Car, there two processes required here:
1. Cancelling the Hire Purchase entry on Smartcard
2. Transferring the Car to your name.

Technically they first remove the HP Entry from the smartcard & then transfer the car to your name, but actually both the above processes can be done simultaneously. Ideally you should approach a RTO agent to do this job & the new Smart Card (with new owners name) will be delivered to your address.

In Mumbai RTO Agents generally charge between Rs. 2000 to Rs. 2300 for this work (HP removal & name transfer).

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 19:26   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala_blr View Post
Which RTO did you experience this at? I submitted mine at the yeswanthpur RTO almost 3 weeks now and have not received it yet. Am thinking i might end up having to go there directly if I don't hear get it this week as well.
Old 7th March 2013, 15:47   #165
Senior - BHPian

I thought I should post my experience at the RTO today, I am just adding some points to @nurni76's thread from my experience at Koramangala RTO office.

1. Pay the fees at the cash counter, on the right corner of the office.
2. Submit you documents needed - Tax receipt is not needed(this might be for KA vehicles).
- Keep a plastic cover to hold your RC card(in case it is a card) and the envelope needed.
- Have a file ready, write your name and registration on it.

3. The documents have to be given to the person(s) sitting on the left side of the gap in the counter.
4. The checked documents will have to be given to the person sitting on the right side of the gap, he will give you the receipt for your documents.

The documents submitted before 1.30 can be had in the evening itself, however I didn't see anyone giving a file without a envelope.

Most Viewed