Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2013, 14:08   #166
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

I completed the hypothecation removal process yesterday at Koramangala RTO. Thought of putting my experience here. First of all, there will not be any penalty for initiating the process late. I did this after 3 years of completing my loan. Obviously the NOC expired, so I requested for a fresh NOC, form 35 from Citibank.

Before going to RTO office, documents you should keep handy
1. Original RC
2. 2 copies of Form 35 (Fields you need to fill in form 35)
2.1 Addressed of Registering authority - I mentioned (Koramangala RTO Office(KA01), BDA Complex, Bangalore. Be sure to mention KA01
2.2 Date
2.3 Your Signatures
3. NOC Certificate
4. copy of pollution certificate
5. copy of insurance

Apart from that, things to buy from stationery(if you want your documents to go through smoothly)
1. A paper file
2. A plastic cover in which you can put your RC book/ card. You can punch the cover so that your RC Book is not tampered.
3. A postal cover with Rs 25 stamp on it (Mention the following on the postal cover)
3.1 Address where you want your RC book delivered,
3.2 phone number and
3.3 Your vehicle number
All of the above accessories you will get from the stationery shop on the ground floor

If you are going on Saturday, please be aware that officials come only at/after 10 am. If you reach after 10, the counter will be swarmed with lots of agents( with multiple requests).
1. If you are reaching early and do not know what to do simply stand at the cashier counter in room number 11 on 2nd floor.Once you enter room no. 11, the cashier counter is on the right hand corner of the room. Tell them the purpose "Hypothecation Removal". He will ask your registration number and confirm the name against it. Pay Rs. 100 and collect 2 receipts.

2. Now staple the documents - Receipts(collected in step 1), NOC Certificate, Form 35(duly filled as written above), Copy of Insurance, Copy of Pollution, RC book(in plastic cover), Postal cover(with particulars mentioned above). Punch the same and put in the paper file, tie it with a thread.

3. Give this file to the superintendent(that is what the cashier told me). He will cross check the documents, and stamp the NOC certificate

4. He will direct you to the supervisor(2nd person sitting across him). He will again check the documents(mainly your postal cover) and issue you a small slip. Please keep this slip handy.

It is a very simple process and there is no need to contact agents who will ask like 7 to 8 times of the total cost.

Cost involved in the above process ( 100 + 25+ 5+ 3 = 133) + Rs 20 for the mango juice I had after finishing the process

Advisable to carry your own stapler and punching machine. Else, get everything punched from the stationary shop on the ground floor. For cash receipts, there is already a slot available to put the thread in, so no need to punch the same.

Please note that the above process is to avoid unnecessary delay(of 2-3 minutes per counter)
Krato is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 12:14   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krato View Post
I completed the hypothecation removal process yesterday at Koramangala RTO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Hi all. Got my removal of Hypothecation process initiated.
Thanks Krato and Nurni for the detailed steps for Hypothecation removal. I just have a simple question related to validity of Form35 and NOC. Bajaj Auto Finance issued Form 35 and NOC for my 2 wheeler last year (Aug -2012). I somehow did not find time nor guidance to get this process going. Now I am planning to get this done this week at Koramangala RTO.

Is Form-35 and NOC still valid (after 9-10 months from date of issue by BAF)?

Last edited by dreamdiesel : 13th May 2013 at 12:16. Reason: typo
Old 13th May 2013, 16:00   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Is Form-35 and NOC still valid (after 9-10 months from date of issue by BAF)?
Nope, you need to request a new one.
Old 16th May 2013, 19:55   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krato View Post
I completed the hypothecation removal process yesterday at Koramangala RTO. Thought of putting my experience here. First of all, there will not be any penalty for initiating the process late. I did this after 3 years of completing my loan. Obviously the NOC expired, so I requested for a fresh NOC, form 35 from Citibank.

Before going to RTO office, documents you should keep handy
1. Original RC
2. 2 copies of Form 35 (Fields you need to fill in form 35)
2.1 Addressed of Registering authority - I mentioned (Koramangala RTO Office(KA01), BDA Complex, Bangalore. Be sure to mention KA01
2.2 Date
2.3 Your Signatures
3. NOC Certificate
4. copy of pollution certificate
5. copy of insurance

Apart from that, things to buy from stationery(if you want your documents to go through smoothly)
1. A paper file
2. A plastic cover in which you can put your RC book/ card. You can punch the cover so that your RC Book is not tampered.
3. A postal cover with Rs 25 stamp on it (Mention the following on the postal cover)
3.1 Address where you want your RC book delivered,
3.2 phone number and
3.3 Your vehicle number
All of the above accessories you will get from the stationery shop on the ground floor

If you are going on Saturday, please be aware that officials come only at/after 10 am. If you reach after 10, the counter will be swarmed with lots of agents( with multiple requests).
1. If you are reaching early and do not know what to do simply stand at the cashier counter in room number 11 on 2nd floor.Once you enter room no. 11, the cashier counter is on the right hand corner of the room. Tell them the purpose "Hypothecation Removal". He will ask your registration number and confirm the name against it. Pay Rs. 100 and collect 2 receipts.

2. Now staple the documents - Receipts(collected in step 1), NOC Certificate, Form 35(duly filled as written above), Copy of Insurance, Copy of Pollution, RC book(in plastic cover), Postal cover(with particulars mentioned above). Punch the same and put in the paper file, tie it with a thread.

3. Give this file to the superintendent(that is what the cashier told me). He will cross check the documents, and stamp the NOC certificate

4. He will direct you to the supervisor(2nd person sitting across him). He will again check the documents(mainly your postal cover) and issue you a small slip. Please keep this slip handy.

It is a very simple process and there is no need to contact agents who will ask like 7 to 8 times of the total cost.

Cost involved in the above process ( 100 + 25+ 5+ 3 = 133) + Rs 20 for the mango juice I had after finishing the process

Advisable to carry your own stapler and punching machine. Else, get everything punched from the stationary shop on the ground floor. For cash receipts, there is already a slot available to put the thread in, so no need to punch the same.

Please note that the above process is to avoid unnecessary delay(of 2-3 minutes per counter)
Did everything mentioned here yesterday, only change is.. we just need a cover with 17rs worth of stamp on it.. which would be readily available in the stationary shop (no. 35 I think) for which they will charge 20rs.

It took a total of 5 mins after getting all documents in place.
iikish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2013, 16:56   #170
Senior - BHPian

I went to PUNE RTO today, for the removal of Hypothecation.

Documents needed:
Loan Closure Letter
No Objection Certificate
Form 35
Photocopy of Insurance
Original RC card

I went to counter number 32, the clerk checked the documents. He writes KMS and asks me to go to first floor.
I went to the KMS and SMART CARD counter. Gave the smart card, he swiped it in a card reader. Checks the info on the computer and writes KMS OK.
I went back to Counter 32, he checks KMS OK and asks me to go to Counter 19 to pay the fees.
Paid Rs 170 at counter 19 and recieved a challan.
Went outside the RTO to purchase a plastic pouch for the RC card. Paid Rs 1.
Stapled the RC card to the documents and submitted the documents and challan at counter no 33. He checks the documents again.

Writes date 3rd August ( 2 weeks from todays date) and asks me to come back on this date.

Phase 1 completed.
Old 4th August 2013, 10:39   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I went to PUNE RTO today, for the removal of Hypothecation.

Documents needed:
Loan Closure Letter
No Objection Certificate
Form 35
Photocopy of Insurance
Original RC card

I went to counter number 32, the clerk checked the documents. He writes KMS and asks me to go to first floor.
I went to the KMS and SMART CARD counter. Gave the smart card, he swiped it in a card reader. Checks the info on the computer and writes KMS OK.
I went back to Counter 32, he checks KMS OK and asks me to go to Counter 19 to pay the fees.
Paid Rs 170 at counter 19 and recieved a challan.
Went outside the RTO to purchase a plastic pouch for the RC card. Paid Rs 1.
Stapled the RC card to the documents and submitted the documents and challan at counter no 33. He checks the documents again.

Writes date 3rd August ( 2 weeks from todays date) and asks me to come back on this date.

Phase 1 completed.
Visited Counter 33 today, the clerk asked me to verify the details of the car in the acceptance form. Verified.
Went to counter 15 to pay Rs 350 for smart card.

Phase 2 completed.

Card will be sent by post to my home address. ETA is 15-20 Days.

No Phase 3
Old 16th August 2013, 12:28   #172
BHPian

Completed process in Indiranagar RTO today.

Things to carry:
  1. Self Addressed Envelope (Cloth Cover)
  2. 17/- Stamp (Fix on envelope)
  3. RC Book or Smart Card(Original, Put this in Envelope)
  4. Bank NoC (Original - Make Copy)
  5. Form 35 (2 numbers, provided by Bank, Sign on both copies, Make copies)
  6. Emission Certificate (Copy)
  7. Insurance Paper (Copy)
  8. Folder to keep everything in (If possible)

Procedure:
  1. Visit Room No 13, Counter 10
  2. Get signatures on Form 35 and NoC
  3. Visit Cash counter, Room No 2
  4. Pay amount as mentioned by officer in Step2 (I paid 100/-)
  5. Visit Room No 14, Counter 6
  6. Submit all documents and get acknowledgement

NoC Validity:
Did not check this with officer. I went within 3 months after NoC Issue date.

Notes:
  1. No need for agents
  2. Stamps are also sold in Shop No. 53 at 20/- along with envelope for 6/-
vivek.ks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 16:45   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Visited Counter 33 today, the clerk asked me to verify the details of the car in the acceptance form. Verified.
Went to counter 15 to pay Rs 350 for smart card.

Phase 2 completed.

Card will be sent by post to my home address. ETA is 15-20 Days.

No Phase 3
Received the smart card thru post last week.
No brokers, pretty much simple procedure.
Old 21st October 2013, 10:33   #174

This is my experience with the Indiranagar (KA03) Bangalore, RTO.

Long story short: I wanted to follow the procedure and was not willing to pay extra bucks to an agent. But after my experience and time invested, I feel that it might be worth it to shell out a few bucks.

September 05 2013 : I followed the process along with documents mentioned by vivek.ks in the earlier post dated 16th August 2013 to the T. It is accurate for Indiranagar RTO in terms of documents, room numbers and counter numbers.

I reached RTO well ahead of the opening time of 10.00 AM. I waited for about an hour for the concerned officer to show up. He did not turn up. So, another officer did the verification of documents. Paid the Rs.100/- in Cash Counter and submitted the documents and collected acknowledgement. The person handing over the acknowledgement mentioned that the RC Smart Card will reach by Speed Post within 30 days.

30 days pass by and no sign of the Speed Post.

I called up the RTO Indiranagar Public Relations Officer. A lady who answered the phone informed that if the RC does not reach you within 30 working days go back to the RTO and enquire in Room No: 13

October 10 2013: Decided that a visit to the RTO is a must because one can only wait so long for the Speed Post every day and with no tracking number it is pointless. I reached RTO at 10.00 AM. Visited Room # 13 and gave the acknowledgement to an officer. He asked one of the support staff in the office to check in the system if the work is done. They checked and said that the work is done. The officer kindly informed me that the work is done but the concerned lady will come a little later and that I must wait. If the file is available, then they can also handover the document. Waited for half an hour outside Room #13 and checked. The lady was now available. She again asked one of the support staff to check in the system on what date the hypothecation removal was done. The support staff member wrote 30/09/2013 on the reverse of the acknowledgment and gave it to me.

I took it to the lady again and she searched a register and informed me that the file was not there. She told me to come again after a couple of days. I insisted saying that I have come 15+kms etc. She told me that she has to eat breakfast and that I should come after half an hour. I went after half an hour to her desk and after some persistence the file “mysteriously” appeared on her desk. The RC Smart Card was there. I was asked to sign on the file and was then taken to the smart card room. After a wait of another 20 minutes or so they handed over the card to me after some processing.

Phew!
srividya76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 07:59   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Received the smart card thru post last week.
No brokers, pretty much simple procedure.
F150,
I received mine yesterday by post. Totally surprised . The post contained the same Smart Card and the copy of the emission and insurance I had pinned when submitting.
The SC did not have any hypo details on it earlier as well, so I am guessing they would have made changes in their records and thats about it, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srividya76 View Post
This is my experience with the Indiranagar (KA03) Bangalore, RTO.

I took it to the lady again and she searched a register and informed me that the file was not there. She told me to come again after a couple of days. I insisted saying that I have come 15+kms etc. She told me that she has to eat breakfast and that I should come after half an hour. I went after half an hour to her desk and after some persistence the file “mysteriously” appeared on her desk. The RC Smart Card was there. I was asked to sign on the file and was then taken to the smart card room. After a wait of another 20 minutes or so they handed over the card to me after some processing.

Phew!
This is purely luck as I experienced in the same RTO. I didn't expect a mail from the RTO this time at all. Then i realized why i got it. At the most they would have had to make few entries in their files and send the same smart card back. Couple of years back I submitted and went through the process of the Fitness Cert for my bike since it was 15 years old. I submitted everything and as expected the Inspector who has to pass the fitness of the bike by physically checking it, did not.
He asked to remove stuff and wash the bike to which I agreed and came the next day and he passed it.
It is the same process and they were supposed to speed post the documents. I waited for a couple of months and then decided to visit them. Went there twice and on the second visit I knew what they want.
I reluctantly called the clerk outside, greased his palm and got my stuff in half hour.
I really did not want to go that way, but I needed my stuff and did not want to spend time there looking at these guy's attitude and faces.
One thing I learnt , since I visit the Indiranagar RTO was all bike/car related paper work, be as humble as possible with them. Any change in tone or look, your papers are as good as gone until you make up for it with you know what.

Regards

Last edited by tharian : 30th October 2013 at 08:13.
Old 30th October 2013, 08:08   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
F150,
I received mine yesterday by post. Totally surprised . The post contained the same Smart Card and the copy of the emission and insurance I had pinned when submitting.
The SC did not have any hypo details on it earlier as well, so I am guessing they would have made changes in their records and thats about it, right?
The old smart card had - HYPOTHECATED to HDFC BANK on it.
The new smart card doesnt have this.

If hypothecation was not on the card, I think you shouldnt have gone thru the process at all.
Old 30th October 2013, 08:33   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The old smart card had - HYPOTHECATED to HDFC BANK on it.
The new smart card doesnt have this.

If hypothecation was not on the card, I think you shouldnt have gone thru the process at all.
Maybe. It is always better to get these matters closed and changed with the authorities to avoid complications later on.
Although the SC is the same, I know their records will be changed accordingly.

Regards
Old 30th October 2013, 12:43   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

I reluctantly called the clerk outside, greased his palm and got my stuff in half hour.
======
One thing I learnt , since I visit the Indiranagar RTO was all bike/car related paper work, be as humble as possible with them. Any change in tone or look, your papers are as good as gone until you make up for it with you know what.

Regards
This is very true. I was very polite all along and wasn't pushy at all. My file also "mysteriously" appeared only when I made sure a couple of 100 rupee notes were peeking out of my palm as I went inside the third/fourth time to speak to the concerned officer.
Old 30th December 2013, 20:09   #179

Thanks to all of you who provided all the details on process for removal of Hypothecation. One note to all KA51 vehicle owners, RTO office has shifted to Devarachikkanahalli(close to vijaya bank layout petrol bunk ). The place is very new and the shops that sell stationery items are operating out of vehicles parked on the road. So you can walk to a parked sumo and take xerox, buy postal cover, stamp etc. Once you enter the office, for private cars, go to the non transport department.
At the cash counter on ground floor ( second counter for 4 wheeler) pay Rs 100 and take the receipt and submit this along with all other documents mentioned in previous posts at the non transport department. As you enter the non transport department there is a person on your left who verifies the documents, next you have to get initials from the person sitting next to him and then final submission to the person sitting on the extreme right. You will get an acknowledgment receipt from this person.
New address in Google maps
"Electronic City RTO Office
Addischetan Layout, Bommanahalli, Bangalore-76"
Old 15th January 2014, 14:54   #180
BHPian

I need some help and guidance here. I am based out of Bombay currently and my vehicle is Delhi-registered. My loan is paid off (December 4th) and I want the hypothecation removed. I am not sure if I will be able to visit Delhi multiple times specifically for this. Hence, the questions:

1. Is there any way of getting this process of hypothecation removal complete sitting here in Bombay?
2. I have received 2 documents from the bank - one, a handwritten letter on the letterhead stating that the loan has no outstanding and, two, a Form 35 addressed to the RTO. Just one copy each
3. Are the above documents sufficient other than the RC, Insurance and PUC copies?
4. Is it necessary to get these original documents attested?
5. Even if I manage a trip to Delhi, will I be able to finish the entire process in one day so that all that remains is for the RTO to courier me my new RC?
6. My address on the RC is no longer valid. Will they accept to send the new RC to the new address?
7. Is there any downside to postponing this activity by a few months or a year?

Quite a lot, I know. But I guess I have just another month before the letter expires.

Please help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks