Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2015, 13:42   #241
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

One small (but big) question? I have to get NOC from RTO after paying out my car loan. Is it necessary to go through the form 35 stuff, or I can directly pay off my loan, take signature of Financier on form 28 and then submit for NOC?
Old 23rd January 2015, 16:16   #242
BANNED

I am using my office concierge service provider to remove H/P for my car. As a requirement, I have submitted my original RC smart card. The process will take around 2 weeks to complete as communicated by them.
Now in case I am asked by cops to produce my RC in these 2 weeks, what option do I have? Can I just show them the photo copy and tell them that I have submitted my RC to RTO? Or should I stop using the car which is not practical atall?
Old 3rd February 2015, 14:24   #243
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I am using my office concierge service provider to remove H/P for my car. As a requirement, I have submitted my original RC smart card. The process will take around 2 weeks to complete as communicated by them.
Now in case I am asked by cops to produce my RC in these 2 weeks, what option do I have? Can I just show them the photo copy and tell them that I have submitted my RC to RTO? Or should I stop using the car which is not practical atall?
Once you submit your original RC to the RTO to remove HP, you will get an acknowledgement that is valid for 30 days. That should do.
ILTDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 15:59   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Posting on behalf of a friend.
He purchased a Hero Honda Splendor way back in 2000 under a private finance loan (vehicle is hypothecated) Though he paid the loan amount and got the NOC from finance, he wasn't aware that Hypothecation to be cancelled in RC. Years passed and he missed the NOC (though it is not valid after a time frame) and the private finance company doesn't exist anymore.
Please suggest how to proceed further.
Old 4th February 2015, 17:24   #245
BANNED

I got my HP cancelled from Bangalore EAST RTO and wanted to detail the experience here.

1. The loan was through SBI and Once I closed it they provided the NOC and the FORM 35 (2) copies.
2. I purchased stamps for Rs.17 from the local PO and also took a brown envelop.
3. Had a small transparent self locking cover, in which I put the original RC card
4. Photo copy of the Insurance and PUC certificate. Took the originals just for peace of mind. (Originals were not checked, so may not be required)

I went there on a Saturday, around 11am and was out by 12pm. Around an hour and everything was done.
The RTO office is in the second floor and I do not think there are any lifts in that building.
I asked at the enquiry counter on where to go for HP cancellation. I was directed to Room No. 13 and counter no. 10.
I waited my turn, which was delayed as the RTO personnel was busy on his phone while working on the files. He checked the documents, made a note that I had to pay Rs. 100 for HP cancellation and Rs.200 for CS. I asked him what was this CS for, and he said I do not know, there is a circular pasted on the window read it. I am a localite, and I understand Kannada and can read as well. I was wondering what would happen to people who cannot read the local language. All that I could understand was that vehicles registered in that RTO before XX/8/2013 need to pay some CS charges according to the MV rules amendment. I asked him again, what the amendment was, to which he replied it is because for the vehicles registered prior to that date at that RTO, they took lesser charges for registration. I was dumbfounded for a moment, as the people of Karnataka pay the highest road tax in the country and this guy calmly told me they collected Rs.200 less and hence are charging it again. Anyways, moving on....
The cash counter is in room no. 1, which is exactly opposite to this room. Again waited for my turn, which was quick by their standards and I was back in room 13, but at counter 7 now. Again the documents were verified and he told me I have the wrong envelop. They need the GREEN SPEED POST CLOTH envelop. Nowhere was this mentioned, so I waked down to the numerous shops, however all of them only sell the envelop with Stamp for Rs.30. I found a photo copy shop in a corner and he gave me a envelop for Rs.5. Went back, submitted it and took an acknowledgement. I received my RC card today, which is around 2 weeks from the time I applied for it.

Total Cost: 322
HP Cost: 100
CS/CF Cost: 200
Stamps: 17
Envelop/e: 5
Time: ~1hr.

One thing to notice, as soon I reached the BDA complex, I was surrounded by agents/touts who kept asking me if I have any work in RTO. I said yes I do but I don't need their help. I am proud of accomplishing this without paying anything to anyone, including the illegal parking fee they were trying to collect there.
ILTDrive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 19:22   #246

Completed Stage 1 (Visit to the RTO at Andheri West) to submit the documents.

Procedure as follows:
1) Go to the 2nd floor and to the counter which is specific to your vehicle registration (there is no defined logic. There are counters on both sides of the lift. So if everything else fails - ask).
2) The official opening time of RTO is 10AM, but the person at my counter arrived only at 10:30.
3) He checks the documents and asks you to go to counter 21 at the ground floor for stamping.
4) Again, the person at counter 21 was yet to check-in and came only at around 10:50!! It is worth pointing out that counter 21 is actually outside the building. So, a long queue here meant burning in the sun :-)
5) Stamping takes less than 2 mins (once you reach the counter, that is).
6) Return to 2nd floor (same counter as before)
7) You will be sent to counter 14 (I think) for payment of Rs. 250 (50 for delivery charges, 100 for removal of HP and 100 for new RC). Apparently, no new smart card RCs are being issued since the contract has expired!!!!
8) Back to the same counter (as step 1) and submit docs + payment slip
PS: Good practice to take a plastic pouch (for RC card) to staple it along with the list of documents which are already mentioned in this forum.
9) He has asked me to visit the office again next Monday (for review). This, I believe, is going to be Stage 2.

Summary:
Total time taken - 1.5 hours (most of delay due to RTO operating on Indian Standard Time)
Total cost so far: Rs.250/-

More updates soon...
Old 26th March 2015, 18:12   #247
Team-BHP Support

Ankur Chakraborty shared this pleasant experience he had with the Hyderabad RTO, on our Facebook page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Via Facebook
I want to share an experience with you all. It might be helpful to some of you.

I foreclosed my car loan, and then need to remove the hypothecation. For that, I was supposed to visit the RTO. Anybody who is mildly familiar with govt. machineries will vouch that RTO is one of the most corrupt places; but I had some good experiences previously in Hyderabad RTOs, and decided to try it once by myself before I approach a tout/ agent.
On 7th March morning I went to the Attapur RTO (because Kondapur RTO does not do hypthecation removal). The RTO office is difficult to locate. I planned to reach there by 10 AM sharp (as being Saturday, it was open till 1 PM) but I managed to reach around 11:10 AM.

And the first impression was "WOW". The RTO has put up flex banners saying "Don't approach any middle man" and "If any govt. official asks you to approach a middle man, call on this <mobile number>". I was impressed. There was even a sr. administrative officer for any kind of complaints, and his phone number is written many places.

There was a prominent help desk, and I approached that for help. Again mildly surprised to see that there are 3 persons manning the help desk, and all are blind. I asked one of them that I need to remove the hypothecation. He told me the documents I need. When I answered I have the documents, he listened my car regn. no. and guided me to counter no. 4.

In counter no. 4, there was an elderly lady sitting on the computer and another person standing near the window. The person immediately checked my documents, gave me a form and asked me to fill it up. Then I submitted the document, paid the fees and took the receipt, and the lady said that the new RC would reach me by 7 to 10 working days.
The whole procedure took me only 14 minutes (I checked my watch when I parked my car, and then at the end of the procedure). Total money spent is Rs 22 (Rs 20 parking fee and Rs 2 for buying an envelope).

And yesterday I got the RC!!!

I think many people, specially those who are living in Hyderabad for a long time, do not understand that the govt. is much efficient than many other state govt. If any of you decides to do any work with RTO in Hyderabad, I request them to go directly to RTO, without approaching any agent.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 13:33   #248
BHPian

Hypothecation removal experience @ Thane RTO (old RTO office)

1) After forclosure of my loan, obtained NOC & Form 35 (2 copies) from the bank (SBI).

In Thane you need to go to the old RTO office for any RC book related work.

2) Bought 3 copies of a form (didn't have any numbe on it), asked the vendors selling forms outside for any form required for hyothecation removal & they handed me 3 copies of a form.

3) Attach all the documents (PUC - copy, License - copy, Insurance policy - copy), Bank NOC, Form 35 - 2 copies, RC book - original & go to counter no. 40. Obtain a token signature on the 3 forms.

4) Go upto the 1st floor, take a right - there's a single counter wherein an officer will check/ verify your documents & stamp the 3 forms.
-- Here's the tricky part, the RTO asked me to give one copy of the form to my Bank & issue a NOC, upon pointing out that NOC was already issued & attached they were adamant that either the Bank needs to provide a NOC or I need to wait for aperiod of 15 days after which it'll be assumed that the Bank has no objection to the hypothecation being removed.
-- Checked with my Bank (SBI), ho said that they'll not issue any other documents other than those already issues & suggested I wait for the default 15 days.

5) Decided to try my luck at the RTO the next day & was promptly sent back & told to come back with all the documents after 15 days.

6) After 15 days, again visited counter 40 & was directed to counter 1 (NO CASE check) to verify that there are ongoing legal issues with the car obtain no case confirmation.

7) Go to counter 26 - payment of fees.

8) Finally submit the form (along with all the documents & orogonal RC book) and fee receipt at counter no. 40.

Was informed that RC book deliivery would take about 35 - 40 days. I've received a message from the RTO (DM-VAAHAN) that hypotecation has been terminated, now waiting from my RC book.
Old 22nd April 2015, 15:25   #249
BHPian

Hello

Posting here on behalf of my friend who wants the HP removed - for a Maruti car from Pune RTO. He has been told by "agents" ( and 2 separate ones), that he will get a booklet for registration in exchange of his smart card because Pune RTO has "Stopped" issuing smart cards.

I feel, there is no logic to this.
Can anybody share some light on this, please.
Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd April 2015, 16:23   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasAuto View Post
-- Here's the tricky part, the RTO asked me to give one copy of the form to my Bank & issue a NOC, upon pointing out that NOC was already issued & attached they were adamant that either the Bank needs to provide a NOC or I need to wait for aperiod of 15 days after which it'll be assumed that the Bank has no objection to the hypothecation being removed.
-- Checked with my Bank (SBI), ho said that they'll not issue any other documents other than those already issues & suggested I wait for the default 15 days.
Thats plain stupidity on the part of RTO to make the customer wait for 15 days before admitting the documents. In other words, they did not believe the bank NOC. Also the bank knew the issue of 15 days waiting period, so why did they provide the form 35 before hand. I guess RTO wanted the verification on Form 35 by the bank post their processing. Its a pain even being a proactive in this country.

Thanks for the counter details, just shows that a single window facility in the RTO is a far distant dream. Even I had encountered such a "moving" process when I wanted to change the residential address on the RC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandip View Post
Posting here on behalf of my friend who wants the HP removed - for a Maruti car from Pune RTO. He has been told by "agents" ( and 2 separate ones), that he will get a booklet for registration in exchange of his smart card because Pune RTO has "Stopped" issuing smart cards.

Sandip,

Its neither the booklet nor the Smart card, your friend will be issued a RTO Certificate. Please refer to the link as below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3592812

Last edited by Eddy : 6th May 2015 at 13:30. Reason: Merged
Old 5th May 2015, 23:56   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandip View Post
Hello

Can anybody share some light on this, please.
Thanks in advance.
Actually the same is true for Thane RTO as well. I was recently issued a RC certificate instead of the RC smart card, I had submitted my RC book while applying for cancellation of hypothecation. It's quite senseless actually, the certificate (can't really call it a certificate - more of a 3 section pamphlet/ leaflet) is much more prone to wear & tear.
Old 28th May 2015, 04:40   #252
BHPian

I have foreclosed my car loan with SBI in Bangalore and want to get HP removed. My car is registered with Yeshwanthpur (KA 04) RTO. While researching for the process, I came across below article on TheHindu stating, one can walk into any RTO in Bangalore and get the job done.

Walk into any RTO to get your job done

In case anyone has got HP removed recently, wanted to cross verify on it.

If yes, then planning to visit Rajajinagar RTO as it close by for me.
Old 28th May 2015, 09:02   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasAuto View Post
Actually the same is true for Thane RTO as well. I was recently issued a RC certificate instead of the RC smart card, I had submitted my RC book while applying for cancellation of hypothecation. It's quite senseless actually, the certificate (can't really call it a certificate - more of a 3 section pamphlet/ leaflet) is much more prone to wear & tear.
Best alternative is to get the certificate laminated, this will prevent any wear and tear.

It is frustrating to see that the smart card issue is still not resolved. Initially the plan was to issue the certificate for a period of 3 months starting from November 2014. Its May 2015 and the lazy bums at RTO are yet to come up with the workable solution.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 22:41   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
I got my HP cancelled from Bangalore EAST RTO and wanted to detail the experience here.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have 2 queries:

a) Did you get the same RC smart card back or a new one?

b) In case you got back the old one, how do you plan to validate that the smart card has been updated accordingly?

Cheers...
Old 6th July 2015, 19:58   #255
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have 2 queries:

a) Did you get the same RC smart card back or a new one?

b) In case you got back the old one, how do you plan to validate that the smart card has been updated accordingly?

Cheers...
I go the same RC card back. As far as I know, There is no way to validate this, except that you trust them to do their job.

Most Viewed