Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2016, 15:48   #316

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

I submitted my hypothecation removal on may 25th at the Andheri west RTO, I have still not received the new RC book. Should I be worried?
Old 23rd August 2016, 16:23   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by technofunky View Post
I submitted my hypothecation removal on may 25th at the Andheri west RTO, I have still not received the new RC book. Should I be worried?
Did you do it directly or through an agent? You can go and enquire at the RTO if you have a copy of the acknowledgement receipt that they gave you.
Old 23rd August 2016, 19:01   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Did you do it directly or through an agent? You can go and enquire at the RTO if you have a copy of the acknowledgement receipt that they gave you.
Yea, I did it directly, now I am wondering if doing it through an agent was a better idea. I do have the acknowledgement, will wait for a few more days and visit them on Saturday.
Old 23rd August 2016, 19:07   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by technofunky View Post
Yea, I did it directly, now I am wondering if doing it through an agent was a better idea. I do have the acknowledgement, will wait for a few more days and visit them on Saturday.
Saturday is typically very crowded - take a half day's leave on a weekday and you will be in and out much faster. Sometimes they process it but don't notify you so that it will be lying with them till you collect it.

With an agent he will check back and get it when it is issued - that is part of what he gets paid for.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 17:41   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
I had been delaying my visit to the RTO
Took hardly 20 minutes at the office.
The officer told me I will get my RC/SmartCard on August 30th (I went had gone on 29th July). It also says in my acknowledgement that 30 days from the booked date that I will get the SmartCard.
This tread is a saviour!!
today is september 7th and I have not got my card back. Should I be worried? Does going to RTO help in anyway? I heard somewhere they do not hand over to individuals. So is there any value add in going physically to the RTO?
Old 7th September 2016, 17:47   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
today is september 7th and I have not got my card back. Should I be worried? Does going to RTO help in anyway? I heard somewhere they do not hand over to individuals. So is there any value add in going physically to the RTO?
No hurry - you have an acknowledgement slip that they give you, which you can show to any cop that flags you down.

That is valid for up to 3 months. Sometimes there are delays in their getting RC cards printed from their press. Check back in a week or two and see if that works for you.
Old 30th September 2016, 14:38   #322

Thanks to this thread I submitted by removal request in a jiffy. Life saver!!

* RTO - Pune MH-12 (Sangamwadi)
* Bank: SBI

* Documents received from bank:
** Form 35 - 2 copies
** NOC - 1 copy
No hassle - got it done in 10 mins

RTO experience:

* Went on a Friday at 11AM
* 2 wheeler parking was ample so no worries there except for the damn signal that you have to go around (I am nitpicking here)

* Documents carried (of course keep photocopies of all them):
** Form 35 - Original - 2
** NOC from bank (aka trade certificate) - Original - 1
** RC - Original - 1
** Photo - 1
** Insurance - photocopy - 1

Steps (These are the ideal steps. I outlined my mistakes at the end even after reading the thread):

* Go to the main building and visit window 15A (the one to the right, smaller queue)
* Show the officer the documents. He will verify, staple your photo and tell you to visit the senior officer (Mr Sawant at the time of this visit) who has his own cabin. Stand in line outside and wait your turn.
* He will verify your documents plus ID and sign on the document. He will also ask you to sign and give your thumb impression.
* Go to window 31/32/<XX>. This is the window that has your registration number series. Mine was 8XXX so I went to window 31 which was serving 6000-9000
* The person at the counter will review your docs and write the cost. Mine was 150 (100 for HT removal and 50 for shipping)
* Go back to window 15 (not 15A) this is the one on the left
* Give the person the docs and the cash and he will give you a receipt.
* Thats you are done!

Time taken: 40 mins

What I did wrong and other notes:

* Did not carry a pen and stapler/glue
* Stood in line at 15 and then spoke to enquiry
* Agents will hound you very subtly. Be polite and keep walking
* 90% is in the local language but not a huge barrier
* Carry change (100, 50, 20, 10, 5) - 5 is wheeler parking

Thanks to this forum again. Now the wait begins for the RC to be delivered.
kontinuity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 18:56   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krato View Post
I completed the hypothecation removal process yesterday at Koramangala RTO. Thought of putting my experience here. First of all, there will not be any penalty for initiating the process late. I did this after 3 years of completing my loan. Obviously the NOC expired, so I requested for a fresh NOC, form 35 from Citibank.
Hi Guys,
I require to get my hypothication cleared from the RC book (KA 53 - KR Puram, Bangalore). Pardon me for this silly question. Form-35 that is being discussed here is the one from the link -https://vahan.nic.in/nrservices/faces/forms/form35.pdf? Please let me know. Thank you.
Old 12th November 2016, 20:13   #324
Senior - BHPian

Yeah and here's a fillable pdf version that's much neater to print out after typing the form data in

http://finotax.com/form/rto/form-35
Old 26th December 2016, 13:35   #325

Forgot to update here but I finally received the RC book a month back. But I was highly disappointed they have sent me the RC book in a paper format no smart card. I had got a smart card version when I bought the car and was expecting a smart card version especially after so much delay.
Old 30th December 2016, 14:01   #326
Senior - BHPian

Tamilnadu - RTO Hypothecation Removal Process

Guy's this is the procedure for Hypotecation Removal in Tamilnadu. It was done in Kanyakumari District, Marthandam, Tamilnadu.

1) NOC Form - Original

2) 2 X Form 35 - Originals

3) PUC / Pollution control Certificate - Copy

4) Insurance Certificate - Copy

5) RC Book - original

The first 2 forms ( i.e 1 NOC and 2 Form 35 forms ) will be given to you by your Financier itself once your loan payment/dues is settled.

PUC certificate can be got from any Vehicle pollution testing center, usually it'll be nearby your RTO itself. For me they didn't even check my car, they gave it in 5 mins after entering details in their PC. Cost was 50 Rs.

Take all the Documents and go to your RTO office between 9 A.M to 1 P.M as the fee counter closes by then. Don't go to any agents, just go straight to someone on their desk and tell them it's for Hypothecation cancellation. They will guide you to an officer who will check the documents and enter the insurance details on their PC. No fee required to pay for this, they will then ask you to go pay fees in the counter. Go pay 125 Rs at the counter after showing the counter your documents. They will give you 2 receipts for this, one for yourself and one for the office.

Just stick one office receipt on Form 35 on the side, do not staple it. Handover all these documents to another officer who will collect it and ask you to come after 5 working days. That's it.

Total cost : 175 Rs as opposed to 1500-2000 Rs which some would pay for an agent. You will have only difficulty of waiting at the fee counter as all the stupid agents would push through to pay up their endless fees. Just scold them once and they will back off and won't push you.
Old 6th January 2017, 15:37   #327
Senior - BHPian

Mods please add this to my post below.

Just remember there is one more step to the process completion.

While going to collect the RC book back, you will have to show your payment receipt copy at a counter where the officer will return all the documents back to you including your RC book and all initially submitted documents along with 2 copies with your name and address.

You have to then submit all these docs again to another officer to get his signature. There they will take the small copy ( name and address ) and stick one on your RC book and then other on the other set of documents. RTO officer signs everything and returns your RC book with new details stuck on it. You will have to sign on their copy with date and that's it.

Beware as agents try to take over even now as the process is unnecessarily again complicated since they could have done all this office work themselves instead of us going and submitting it again.

An agent took over my documents and was getting ready to do his gimmick. I told him nothing doing, I did all this myself so please hand over my documents back to me as I can also do the final work myself, to which he reluctantly obliged.
Old 22nd January 2017, 12:41   #328

Quick update on my experience,

* Submitted the papers around 30th September
* Checked in RTO on 4th December and it still wasn't posted
* RC reached home around 26th December

Long wait guys at Pune RTO.
Old 12th February 2017, 20:00   #329
BHPian

I did this procedure recently and find it really simple.

It would take just one visit, if you know all the documents to be carried.

List of documents:

- Original RC book / card. Put it in a small plastic bag so that it can be easily stapled with the documents
- Photocopy of insurance policy
- Photocopy of PUC
- Form 35 received from bank in 2 sets
- Original NoC from bank
- 1 photograph
- If the owner is not going personally, an application, photograph, phone no, photo id of the person who is visiting on behalf of owner is required.

A payment of Rs 150/- is accepted (Rs 100 for dehypothication and Rs 50 postal charges to mail the new RC to you) for the procedure between 10:30am and 2 pm and they issue a receipt.

They said it would take 3 weeks, though it took a little longer, about 6 weeks. A new RC arrived by speed post.

[Agents would charge you something like 1200/- for this.]
Old 25th February 2017, 17:22   #330
BHPian

Useful post (and humorous): http://bangalore.citizenmatters.in/a...-rto-bangalore

Most Viewed