Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2019, 19:01   #406
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Did you try paying the HP removal fees online. I tried multiple times but in vain.
I still haven't gotten to that stage
The last EMI has just been paid this week and I'm still waiting for the bank to process it, close the loan and issue the NOC. I did speak to the bank manager asking if I really need to apply for removal of hypothecation (since it isn't mentioned on the smart card) and he said it will be necessary since the RTO records will have it.
So I will get to the payment part and RTO visit in about a week or two and will keep this thread updated on hypothecation removal.

Still wondering if/why should I also pay for issuance of a new smart card (there isn't anything to update on the printed data on the card) in addition to fees for hypothecation removal ?

Last edited by NPV : 7th March 2019 at 19:03.
Old 12th March 2019, 18:59   #407
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I received the documents from the bank today and found that there is a Loan Closure letter and 2 copies of Form 35, but no separate NOC (No Objection Certificate). Do I need to contact the bank again to get the NOC ?
Old 12th March 2019, 20:17   #408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I received the documents from the bank today and found that there is a Loan Closure letter and 2 copies of Form 35, but no separate NOC (No Objection Certificate). Do I need to contact the bank again to get the NOC ?
There should be two NOCs (they're both on the same page, you have to tear in the middle). Here's my post on the documents I submitted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Got this done for my car recently in Pune:

1) Collect all the documents:
a) two copies of Form 35, NOC each (received from the bank)
b) PUC
c) Original RC
d) Insurance copy
e) Address proof (Aadhar)
f) DL

2) Pay the fee online (Rs. 250) and take a print/two for convenience

3) Drop the form at RTO.
a) In Pune, there's a counter (32 if I remember correctly) where you get everything checked and stamped by the head lady there
b) Submit it at Counter 26
c) Get an acknowledgement

4) Received the RC (a smart card, thankfully) in two weeks
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 11:32   #409
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
There should be two NOCs (they're both on the same page, you have to tear in the middle). Here's my post on the documents I submitted:
Contacted the bank again and the manager said they have a standard format and the documents were issued based on them. They'd issued a Loan Closure letter addressed to me, another Loan Closure letter (same content) addressed to the RTO and 2 Form-35's.

When it comes to paper work at RTO offices and the like, I prefer not to take a chance, so on my insistence, the bank manager issued another couple of letters (with same content as the Loan closure letter) titled "No Objection Certificate", one addressed to RTO and other addressed to Insurance company which I think is the norm followed.

I was able to access my vehicle details on the parivahan website on selecting hypothecation removal (Fee Rs.200) and can see the Payment button also, but just held back since the car's insurance expires soon and once renewed, I will apply for hypothecation removal - again, I did not want to take any chances with paperwork at RTO since they are very much capable of saying insurance expires soon, so apply after renewal.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 11:40   #410
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was able to access my vehicle details on the parivahan website on selecting hypothecation removal (Fee Rs.200) and can see the Payment button also, but just held back since the car's insurance expires soon and once renewed, I will apply for hypothecation removal - again, I did not want to take any chances with paperwork at RTO since they are very much capable of saying insurance expires soon, so apply after renewal.
Smart thinking. I missed explaining this point - I actually made this mistake. I went there a couple of weeks before my Insurance was to expire; the guy at the counter advised me to come after I'd renewed (or submit it if I had already renewed it). Since I hadn't received the renewal voucher, I decided to visit again after a few weeks. Made it a point to attach the expired as well as renewed insurance copy.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 15:31   #411

Update about hypothecation termination process in the Bangalore East RTO (Kasturinagar/Indiranagar).

The RTO here accepts only *online application and payment of fees through the Parivahan* website. We can no longer avail cash counter payments in the first floor.

Thanks to all members here who put up info about the process in the KA-03 RTO.

1. Carry all documents mentioned here and reach counter 7 on the 2nd floor.
2. The documents are verified and then you should carry them to the next counter for data entry.
3. An acknowledgment is provided.

However, though the process seems simple, my problem started when I started to apply online to pay the fees. For some weird reason, the software kept throwing the following exception--AlertPOSValidationException ; Column=:# 548/D MARUTHI MANSION CMH could not be validated against Address.
I was stuck here and could not proceed with the payment.

I took a printout of the error and reached the RTO the next day and showed the error to the lady in the counter. She directed me to another person to verify the error. This person, had one look, and said it is a technical issue and asked me to return to the lady at the counter to accept manual cash payment.

Finally, I was able to pay the fees at counter 2 in the first floor. I received the acknowledgement from the counter 1 in second floor.
Now I have to wait till I receive my RC.
raptor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 17:43   #412
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor View Post
Update about hypothecation termination process in the Bangalore East RTO (Kasturinagar/Indiranagar).
1. Carry all documents mentioned here and reach counter 7 on the 2nd floor.
Was this at the new RTO building in Kasturinagar ?

I remember the RTO office moving to Kasturinagar last year, but in my recent visits that side, I don't see much activity/crowd there outside the building. I also heard (definitely not a reliable source and seemed like a rumor) that have they moved back to Indiranagar BDA complex, just wanted to confirm.

I think the fees for Hypothecation removal is Rs.200, is that all you paid ?

Also, did you have to apply & pay for new smart card as well (asking because hypothecation details are NOT mentioned on my smart card, so wondering if this is necessary/mandatory ?)

Last edited by NPV : 22nd March 2019 at 17:46.
Old 25th March 2019, 12:31   #413

This RTO is the new office in Kasturinagar.

Hypothecation removal is 200 rupees only. Plus the stationery (brown paper file, cloth cover with postal stamps) come up to 40 rupees extra.
I did not have to separately pay for the new RC card. The new RC card will be posted to my address.

So from what I know, you will receive your new RC card with similar information that was present in your existing card. The HPT information is updated only in the RTO records. What I did find, to verify if the HPT is valid, is to apply for a B-extract in any of the Bangalore One centers. (http://www.bangaloreone.gov.in/public/rto-info.aspx)

Hope this helps.
raptor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 07:25   #414
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Since the car's insurance was up for renewal, I hadn't embarked on the hypothecation removal procedure. I renewed the car's insurance last week and just when I thought I have everything in order, I've run into an issue on the Parivahan website.

After selecting the service as "Hypothecation termination", the fee to be paid shows up as Rs.200, but on clicking the "Payment" button, I get an alert that says "HYPOTHECATION TERMINATION:You have no selection for Termination of Hypothecation"

Anyone encountered this error and know what the workaround/solution is ?

*Last time when I logged in to the site, the Insurance details section was blank and I could select the insurance company from a drop down list, enter the start and end dates, etc. Now (after insurance was renewed last week), the insurance details appear pre-populated with the correct information (and details cannot be edited), seems like insurance-RTO are now integrated

EDIT:Update - now past this stage, no error
Figured out that there is a "Hypothecation details" section on the page that shows the start date (date of availing the loan) and a "Terminate" button under the column "Action". One needs to click this, enter the date of loan closure and then click "Payment"

Now, the payment confirmation page comes up with a drop down to select payment gateway (it has only one option called "KHAJANE") and selecting that displays "Redirecting to bank" and no then no progress on the web page - stuck here now

Last edited by NPV : 27th March 2019 at 07:39.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 07:37   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After selecting the service as "Hypothecation termination", the fee to be paid shows up as Rs.200, but on clicking the "Payment" button, I get an alert that says "HYPOTHECATION TERMINATION:You have no selection for Termination of Hypothecation"

Anyone encountered this error and know what the workaround/solution is ?
The usual and possibly only fix is that RTOs have a manual override for all this and can enter the data into their system. Go there with a printout or screen shot of the error and ask them.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 08:32   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Now, the payment confirmation page comes up with a drop down to select payment gateway (it has only one option called "KHAJANE") and selecting that displays "Redirecting to bank" and no then no progress on the web page - stuck here now
You are not the only one, I faced this problem every time of almost 15 times I have tried to pay, it doesn't go beyond the page where it asks to 'confirm' the payment amount of Rs. 200 and clicking 'confirm' button is not doing any action. I guess the reason is, the website is still a beta and not full fledged (you can see the beta name on the top of the page).

Last Saturday I again went to RTO for the 3rd time (previous 2 times they just sent me back saying you do online payment, despite me trying to say it's not happening) and almost fought with the superintendent on this. Later an officer tried doing the online payment on my mobile and same thing repeats and they finally asked me to pay the amount in cash counter, which I did, but the time was already 12.30 PM and they asked me to come next day to submit the documents and challan

Why can't they test the website thoroughly and then release it for public?

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 09:06   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
You are not the only one, I faced this problem every time of almost 15 times I have tried to pay, it doesn't go beyond the page where it asks to 'confirm' the payment amount of Rs. 200 and clicking 'confirm' button is not doing any action. I guess the reason is, the website is still a beta and not full fledged (you can see the beta name on the top of the page).
This problem was due to # symbol present in the financier address field and i also faced this problem. On top of this, the error wont show in the payment popup itself, instead they were showing in the top of main page(some pos address exception) . It was very difficult to find the exact issue. Finally after i found out the issue(i could assume it is due to #), i wrote mail to vahan help with the screenshot. But they responded saying, its not their mistake and i need to contact RTO to correct the address by making sure there is no special characters. I tried explaining them, that its quite normal to have # in address field, so they should take care these things in their software. But they repeated saying, please visit RTO and correct the address, then do the payment. :( Even i tried through RTI as well and that too had similar response(its falling under state dept, they cannot help).

Then finally i had to go kasturi nagar RTO and as expected they were insisting on online payment. It was very difficult for me to explain them the actual issue due to language issue. Finally the lady at the counter shown some mercy on me, allowed to make offline payment.

Now waiting for the new RC card and status showing "PENDING AT HPT-APPROVAL" , Originally applied on 11th March 2019.

Last edited by smnrock : 27th March 2019 at 09:18.
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 15:00   #418
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Submitted my application for Hypothecation removal (finally, whew!).
For anyone who needs to visit KA03 (Bangalore East) RTO, this is the process (there is really no need to pay any bribe or service charge to any touts):
1. Make payment for "Hypothecation Termination" on the parihavan website (after multiple attempts, it didn't work for me so carried printouts of the failure messages/screenshots). I also got SMS messages with the details of failed transactions. It first goes to pending state, then canceled state. The parivahan website also has a Status menu from where one can access the failed transaction and then try to proceed with Payment, but in my case even that failed couple of times

2. Documents to carry - a plastic pouch (to hold original RC Booklet/Smart Card), original NOC and Form-35 (2 Numbers) issued by the bank/financial institution, copies of valid insurance, PUC, RC, DL, Voter Id/Aadhaar, etc (for ID & Address proof)

3. A Brown paper folder cover (wrapper), a tag (the ones made of thread with pins to pierce and tie sheets of paper commonly used with examination answer sheets), Self-addressed Cloth/canvas envelope with Rs.18 stamp if address is in Bangalore.
There are many shops around the RTO office and they sell this as a package for Rs.40

4. For KA03, visit the Kasturi Nagar RTO office (you can submit applications between 10am-1:30pm only) and go to the second floor (Non-Transport Section). If you've made your payment on parivahan website, things are easy, so go to counter #7, have your documents verified by the Superintendent and then jump to Step #6 for data entry

5. I was unable to make the payment online, so went to counter #8 on second floor and showed the documents to the superintendent there. She said payment will need to be made online (they try to minimize the crowd at Cash counters which are mostly for Learners and Driving License applicants). I explained to her that online payment wasn't working, showed the printout of failure screenshots and the SMS messages on my phone (be patient, polite, courteous, knowing the local language can help).
After verifying the documents (she used a red pen to tick the sheets and added date and initials), asked me to go to next counter #9

6. At counter #9, the data entry operator makes the entries in their system and rubber stamps a "V" (verified) with a Transaction Id "KA....".
Next, I was asked to make payment on the first floor at the cash counter (if you paid online, jump to Step #8)

7. First floor had 3 counters with the ones at either end marked "CASH COUNTER" and another sign saying "Only for Learners and Drivers License". The counter in the middle did not have anyone manning it and the sign said something like "DD's only". Both lines had longish lines, so I chose one of them and after 10 minutes, when my chance came, the guy says I need to go to the counter in the middle! Luckily, the person there had just taken his seat, so I went there and paid the fee of Rs.200. A printed sheet (Payment Receipt) is given which has 2 parts separated by a dotted line with bottom portion marked "Customer copy"

8. Tag all the documents + cloth envelope + RC in plastic pouch + Receipt sheet + Brown wrapper sheet (wrapper enclosing all the documents and tag pinned from front to back of the wrapper and tied together with a knot

9. Go to Counter #12 on second floor ("INWARD" signage) and submit the brown paper folder. The clerk here will make an entry in the register and stamp and sign the "Customer copy" portion of the payment receipts and hand it over to you as acknowledgement. He said I should receive the RC in about 30 days by Speed Post

10. Other notes:
  • Since I have this OCD for documentary evidence/paper trail, before submitting I took pictures of the folder for my reference
  • Most of the folks in the shops around the RTO are also agents/brokers and they offer to do the Hypothecation removal (or any other RTO services) for a fee, but I did not use their services (the carrot being they will get the RC back in 7 days)
  • My Smart Card RC did not have Hypothecation information mentioned on it, so I asked the superintendent if I really need to submit it (being paranoid about them losing/misplacing it!) and pat came the reply - "Sir, the card has a smart card chip and the information on it will need to by updated and after that the same card will be sent back to you". Left me feeling stupid for asking that!!!
  • Total Time spent at RTO office -> About 50 minutes (will be much lesser if you succeed in making the online fee payment)

Saw this pasted on the wall at the RTO office, you can see the list of documents needed for various services
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-rto-docs.jpg

Last edited by NPV : 27th March 2019 at 15:23.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 15:06   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Submitted my application for Hypothecation removal (finally, whew!
You can collect the RC at the RTO itself no issues. Tell them some story like "a lot of letters for your area are going missing due to some issues at the post office, RC is a valuable document so please let me collect it". They will scribble a date on your receipt. Go back the day they mention during whatever timing they hand over documents (I think after 3:30 - but check at your local RTO) and collect it.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 16:56   #420

@NPV. Thank you so much for this timely post. I just pre-closed my car loan today and will be doing the Hypothecation removal process next week. I need to visit KA03 (Bangalore East ) as well.

PS - I thought I need to visit RTO in Indiranagar BDA. Has the Indiranagar RTO moved to Kasturi Nagar?
binod049 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed