Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2021, 22:11   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
I have finished my car loan and want to do the hypothecation removal. Mine is KA01 registered. I have obtained the NOC from the bank.

I would like to do this via some agents due to language and time constraints. I tried to contact https://www.drivekool.com/
Anyone have any experience with these guys ? They are charging Rs 1000 for the service and I am fine with that as long as I don't have to deal with RTOs.

I was contacted today by one of the support people in the concern and asked me to courier the RC card and Form 35 bank docs + Insurance + pollution cert. She mentioned that it will take 15 - 20 days.

Is it safe to give RC to third parties ?
What if the police catch while I don't have RC during the period ?
Not sure how good they are, but usually these agents do the job without any wrong doings and their charge sounds reasonable.

As per driving without the RC, the RTO receipt which they provide can be used in the interim by which the cops should understand the RC is at the RTO. Also, keep a copy of all the documents you give them, including the RC.

Last edited by tharian : 17th February 2021 at 22:13.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 09:55   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I gave mine to a referral RTO agent; he did it all just fine (picked up RC & docs from my location and delivered them back) for Rs. 1000 (plus whatever the RTO charges). Since I was happy with his service the first time engaged him again for my second car and even gave him some referral business.

As for the police - I have recently adopted DigiLocker. Should be enough.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 19:44   #513
BHPian

I have a KA 51 registered vehicle. I will be out of town for long in about 3 weeks.

The time frame for getting the RC back is about 45 days post closure right?

So if I give an address in another state, do they still send it. Or do they post it only to the address in RC book?
Old 18th February 2021, 21:01   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
I have a KA 51 registered vehicle. I will be out of town for long in about 3 weeks.

The time frame for getting the RC back is about 45 days post closure right?

So if I give an address in another state, do they still send it. Or do they post it only to the address in RC book?
They post it to the RC book address only now. This is SOP.

Might be a good idea to ask a friend or someone to check the house regularly for registered post notification slip. If you give an authorisation letter to that person along with copies of your ID such as Aadhaar card, they'll be able to collect it from the post office on your behalf while you're traveling.
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 08:04   #515
BHPian

Can we proceed on the process only by taking appointment through Vahan portal or can we visit the office directly?

I tried Vahan portal but there is an error for my vehicle details that prevents me from proceeding further:
Quote:
Vehicle registration status found active in more than one RTO/ State, Please contact respective RTO for de-activation of vehicle registration as per your requirement.
Old 19th February 2021, 15:17   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Can we proceed on the process only by taking appointment through Vahan portal or can we visit the office directly?

I tried Vahan portal but there is an error for my vehicle details that prevents me from proceeding further:
That error is strange. In this case, consult the RTO's PRO officer on how you can proceed. You should be able to do a direct walk in without appointment to know the details in this case.
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 15:53   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post
That error is strange. In this case, consult the RTO's PRO officer on how you can proceed. You should be able to do a direct walk in without appointment to know the details in this case.
Well I just entrusted an agent to do both these - Correcting this error and also removal of hypothecation.
Old 21st February 2021, 23:49   #518

Quote:
I have finished my car loan and want to do the hypothecation removal. Mine is KA01 registered. I have obtained the NOC from the bank.

I would like to do this via some agents due to language and time constraints. I tried to contact https://www.drivekool.com/
Anyone have any experience with these guys ? They are charging Rs 1000 for the service and I am fine with that as long as I don't have to deal with RTOs.

I was contacted today by one of the support people in the concern and asked me to courier the RC card and Form 35 bank docs + Insurance + pollution cert. She mentioned that it will take 15 - 20 days.

My experience with KA41 Hypothecation removal + NOC for transfer to other state was quite smooth in Bangalore. If you are fine to take chassis prints from the car and have all the required documents as mentioned in the PARIVAHAAN website, you should be able to get this done without any agents. I didn't face any hassles due to language and had the NOC and updated RC back within 30 days, even though RTO guys kept mentioning 60 days due to COVID restrictions (I had applied on 6th Oct'20 and had the RC back by 1st week of Nov'20).
satyakidas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 18:37   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Really helpful. I am planning to go next week to the same office.
How long did it take to get the RC by post?
About a month's time Rajesh.
psmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 13:56   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
Has anyone have experience on Hypothecation removal in Shollinganallur RTO, Chennai? Not sure whether this has already been asked, if yes, please guide me to the post. Thanks.
I have given my RC for Hypothecation removal to Shollinganallur (Chennai - TN14) RTO office today, without employing any agents.

Required Documents:

ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-rto_tn14_hypothecation_docs.jpg
  1. Original RC
  2. Original NOC from the Bank
  3. Original Form 35 from the Bank and signed by you
  4. Mail copy of Bank's NOC confirmation to RTO (will come back to this point later)
  5. Valid Insurance copy
  6. Valid PUC certificate copy
  7. Print-out of e-receipt of payment of fees (INR 225) online in Vahan website (https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...homepage.xhtml)

Below is the process at the RTO office:
  • Visit the office, adjacent to Adyar Xerox, which is in the first floor of the building complex (you may not notice the RTO board, however you could not miss the bright orange/blue board of Adyar Xerox).
  • No one will be bothered about you, so I checked in one of the cash counters which was open. They directed me to the officer seated at the end of the room (he will be the second last one). You need to go through the last door to reach the officer.
  • The officer will verify all the documents - I didn't have the mail copy from Bank to RTO with me since I do not know about this earlier (took the photo of the list of documents from the office, which is attached with this post).
  • He pinned all the documents and wrote something like "mail copy" on top of the e-receipt and asked me to contact the bank to send the mail copying me and asked me to bring a print-out of the mail copy. One thing to note is that the officer is really kind and helpful and explained me the process (not intimidating as we would like to believe).
  • Luckily for me, the bank branch was nearby - Perumbakkam branch of ICICI bank, so I went directly to the branch and asked for the mail to be sent. And they obliged immediately and the deputy bank manager has sent a mail to the provided mail id copying me.
  • I took a print-out of the mail and again went to the RTO office, this time directly to the officer (all this process took me little more than half an hour) and submitted the mail copy along with the previously pinned documents.
  • He verified the mail copy and signed on top of the e-receipt (striked out the "mail copy" one he had written earlier) and directed me to submit them to another officer nearby.
  • Submit the documents to the officer who sits behind the board saying Despatch Section and he will ask you to write your mobile number on top of the e-receipt.
  • Once done, he asked me to come after a week to receive the RC.
  • However, he didn't provide any receipt or any other forms of confirmation that the application has been received, and when enquired he told that me not to bother about that and asked to come after a week. So, I am planning to visit the office next week, mostly 4th or 5th of March and check the status.

If you have the mail copy from Bank to RTO handy, it is really a simple process (till now) and hoping I get the RC back next week as promised without any hiccups.
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 22:19   #521
BHPian

Quote:
I have given my RC for Hypothecation removal to Shollinganallur (Chennai - TN14) RTO office today, without employing any agents.
Quick update on this - I went to RTO on last Friday (5-Mar-21) to check the status of my application for Hypothecation removal and the officer there told me that it was not yet approved due to a pending traffic challan for my car. She asked me to pay the fine amount online and get the printed receipt to proceed further.

So, I came back and checked the http://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/ website and found that a challan has been pending against my car from 28-Jul-19. I paid the fine online (INR 100/-), printed the receipt and submitted to the officer yesterday (9-Mar-21). She also checked their system and confirmed that the challan has been cleared and asked me come and collect the RC on next Monday (15-Mar-21).

On an additional note, the pending challan was for Pillion rider riding without a helmet , and I logged it here (Received a wrong traffic challan - Now what?).
Old 11th March 2021, 22:11   #522
BHPian

Quote:

Required Documents:
[*] Mail copy of Bank's NOC confirmation to RTO (will come back to this point later)

Below is the process at the RTO office:
  • He pinned all the documents and wrote something like "mail copy" on top of the e-receipt and asked me to contact the bank to send the mail copying me and asked me to bring a print-out of the mail copy. One thing to note is that the officer is really kind and helpful and explained me the process (not intimidating as we would like to believe).
  • Luckily for me, the bank branch was nearby - Perumbakkam branch of ICICI bank, so I went directly to the branch and asked for the mail to be sent. And they obliged immediately and the deputy bank manager has sent a mail to the provided mail id copying me.

If you have the mail copy from Bank to RTO handy, it is really a simple process (till now) and hoping I get the RC back next week as promised without any hiccups.
I am also in the process of removing Hypothecation in Chennai. Thanks for this useful tip, on the need for Bank Manager's Mail.
Old 12th March 2021, 13:27   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAHR View Post
This is for all those who come under the jurisdiction of the Bengaluru East RTO (KA-03).
Thanks TAHR for your detailed instructions. It helped a lot when I went to submit the documents for hypothecation removal.

I reached the RTO office at around 10:30. Counter 15 was closed. There were a few people waiting outside. After about half an hour, a person opened the counter and asked us to go to the main gate and show the papers to the lady there. The lady verified the papers and put her signature.

Then I was directed to go to counter 16, where another official verified the online records in parivahan and put a seal. After that, submitted everything at counter 17. The official at that counter asked me if I had two copies of the fee challan. I had only one copy, but he nevertheless took all the documents and gave an acknowledgment slip.

Saw this notice pasted outside counter 15 which lists the documents required.
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-img_20210312_103602.jpg  

motorsan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 15:02   #524
Senior - BHPian

For a lesson in patience, one should go the RTO once a while and do a process without hiring an agent.

I had been to the Kasurinagar RTO today to get the hypothetication removal for my car. It was a simple process of just submitting the relevant documents and filing them and submitting it and then pay the fees. But thanks to the officials who love to make you run around if you go on your own, it is always a frustrating process.
Even if you ask a relevant question which will save you time, it is ignored.
This time, the first time I stood in the Q, the file to put in all the documents were missing, so I was sent back to do that. The second time, one of the form 35 was in duplicate and this was something I mentioned the first time for which I didn't get any answer. So again I had to step away and file the original one.
Finally when everything was in order, comes another guy who smartly stands in one Q and makes his friend stand in the Q he's supposed to go next so he doesn't have to stand at the end of the Q at each counter. When I asked him if what he did was right, he said according to him it was right and that I should have got a second person so even I could do the same.
God save this country.
Old 23rd March 2021, 11:59   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Quick update on this - I went to RTO on last Friday (5-Mar-21) to check the status of my application for Hypothecation remova.
Finally, got my Smart RC after Hypothecation removal for my car last Monday (15-Mar-21) after all the formalities.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks