Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2021, 15:34   #556
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
Online removal of Hypothecation from RC at Bangalore South RTO - KA-05

18. Repeat 1, 2 & 3. Click Status > Know Your Application Status. Provide the details. Immediately after point 17, it must show "PENDING AT HPT-VERIFICATION". You can regularly check for the progress.
Thanks for the detailed post, for some reason mine is still pending even after 1 month, looks like they have a Huge backlog of cases
Old 27th July 2021, 08:03   #557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Thanks for the detailed post, for some reason mine is still pending even after 1 month, looks like they have a Huge backlog of cases
Hi, when did you submit the papers at the RTO office ? I am planning to visit the RTO office this Thursday. Should I wait for some more days ? Do they still keep your RC card ?

Thanks
Jasraj
Old 29th July 2021, 14:28   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasraj_jog View Post
Hi, when did you submit the papers at the RTO office ? I am planning to visit the RTO office this Thursday. Should I wait for some more days ? Do they still keep your RC card ?

Thanks
Jasraj
If you see the earlier tagged post of dksv - everything would work online and there is no need to visit the RTO office, i have followed the same steps but its still not processed for more than a month now.
Old 29th July 2021, 15:28   #559
BHPian

For Hyderabad, does the person on whose name the car is registered need to visit the RTA for this purpose ? My car is on my wife's name and we have to go along with our young kids if that's the case.
Old 29th July 2021, 17:48   #560

Quote:
If you see the earlier tagged post of dksv - everything would work online and there is no need to visit the RTO office, i have followed the same steps but its still not processed for more than a month now.
I think you do need to visit the RTO office to submit the documents. I emailed RTO KA51, rtoecity-ka@nic.in with a screenshot of my status. They replied that I had to visit the office to submit documents. I had gone today to do the same. May be you can also email them and check. The phone numbers were not reachable.
jasraj_jog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 11:19   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasraj_jog View Post
I think you do need to visit the RTO office to submit the documents. I emailed RTO KA51, rtoecity-ka@nic.in with a screenshot of my status. They replied that I had to visit the office to submit documents. I had gone today to do the same. May be you can also email them and check. The phone numbers were not reachable.
I would have to go to KA01 (Koramangala) RTO office then. Thanks for the information.
Old 9th August 2021, 18:46   #562
BHPian

Hypothecation Removal
RTO: MH03 (Mumbai East)
Address: 25, Sir Pochkhanawala Rd, Worli Sea Face, Mumbai 400025
  1. Go to https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...homepage.xhtml
  2. After entering the RTO details, go to RC related service -> Apply for Transfer of Ownership/Change of Hypothecation etc.
  3. Enter the vehicle registration number and Chassis number.
  4. Click on "Terminate"; it will ask for a date. Select the date on which No Dues letter was issued by bank.
  5. Save Draft and then Submit (otherwise it does not work).
  6. It will take to a payment page where payment is to be made and the Fee Receipt should be downloaded.
  7. Using this fee receipt number, book an appointment from the Vahan page.

Visit the RTO on the appointment date. Submit the documents at window number 15.
Documents Required at RTO:
  • Original Form 35 (Signed and stamped by Bank and signed by vehicle owner)
  • Original No Dues Letter from bank
  • Original RC Smart Card (to be put inside a plastic pouch while submitting so its easier for RTO staff to staple with the other documents)
  • Original Fees Payment Receipt (Rs. 200/- for new Smart Card + Rs. 50/- postal charge)
  • Copy of PUC
  • Copy of Insurance
  • Copy of Aadhar Card
  • Copy of PAN Card
  • Copy of DL
  • Pencil impression of Chassis
  • Annexure Form (a self-declaration form mentioning the documents that are being submitted and the fact that all documents are genuine)
  • Photo (not mandatory)

I visited the RTO at 10:30am since my appointment time was 10am-1pm. However, employees started coming in by 10:45am. I was the only customer at the RTO. The RTO employee verified all the documents and asked me to purchase a small pouch from their canteen to put the RC card inside. I purchased the same for Rs. 5/- and the pouch was stapled with the documents. The RTO employees verified the details of the car from extremely old, hand written registers and confirmed the details of the car. Since all was in order, they mentioned that RC Smart Card should reach within 45 days. In all, it took 15 minutes of waiting for staff to arrive and 5-6 minutes to submit all the documents.
subhro1988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 16:08   #563
BHPian

Quote:
I would have to go to KA01 (Koramangala) RTO office then. Thanks for the information.
I have submitted application online on 26-Jun-2021 but still the status shows "PENDING AT HPT-VERIFICATION". So seems the process is no more online
Old 14th August 2021, 19:42   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Yes, it was available on the RC book and on the card when that was introduced. I think once it became a smart card is when it was stopped being mentioned.
So, Finally after receiving all documents from Bank, i applied for Hypothecation Termination online via Parivahan website. For Delhi, Parivahan website says this type of application is faceless so everything will be done online.

I completed the application process & at the end it says send documents via Speed post & even that was completed. When i checked application status today, it says completed.

Now, my question is - Will I be getting any document that confirms Hypothecation is removed, as my RC does not have any details mentioned on it.

Attaching a screenshot from Parivahan app. Any guidance will be super helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-hypothecation.jpg  

Old 14th August 2021, 20:49   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post

Now, my question is - Will I be getting any document that confirms Hypothecation is removed, as my RC does not have any details mentioned on it.

Attaching a screenshot from Parivahan app. Any guidance will be super helpful.
Only the new RC Card. The fact that everything shows completed on the website is proof enough that the hypothecation is removed.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 19:09   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Only the new RC Card. The fact that everything shows completed on the website is proof enough that the hypothecation is removed.
Thanks Tharian for guidance. Yep, i got message today that new RC has been dispatched & i should be receiving it in a day / two.

But why new RC ? My current RC does not have any details of Hypothecation, so why new ? What difference will it have ? Any thoughts ???
Old 16th August 2021, 19:59   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Tharian for guidance. Yep, i got message today that new RC has been dispatched & i should be receiving it in a day / two.

But why new RC ? My current RC does not have any details of Hypothecation, so why new ? What difference will it have ? Any thoughts ???
My guess is because it is a Smart Card, so when anyone reads it with a machine, it will show the details and on the new card, it should show no hypothecation.
Old 18th August 2021, 08:54   #568

Quote:
My guess is because it is a Smart Card, so when anyone reads it with a machine, it will show the details and on the new card, it should show no hypothecation.
I don't think so. Smart card just holds the ID number AFAIK. I just got back the same RC card from RTO Mysore, but the RTO database had been updated to reflect the removal.
Old 4th September 2021, 10:03   #569
Team-BHP Support

I need to remove the Hypothecation from my Telengana Registered car.

The financier is HDFC.
There is a mandatory field called:
"Enter Financier Mobile No"

What should I input here?

40616066161, which is the number I find online for HDFC results in an error.
Old 16th September 2021, 14:11   #570
BHPian

Quote:
I completed the application process & at the end it says send documents via Speed post & even that was completed. When i checked application status today, it says completed.
Hi, could you please confirm which documents you sent via Speed post? I am trying to get my car's Hypothecation terminated as well.

Most Viewed