Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2023, 14:40   #646
SJN
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Good to know that you were finally successful in submitting the application in the office.
Indeed for me as well the biggest satisfaction was of forcing the babus to do their job instead of delegating to the agents!

Now the wait for RC dispatch will start. That is another bureaucracy with unreliable tracking of the status through Speed Post.
SJN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 12:33   #647
avk
BHPian

Hi,

I am looking to start the hypothecation removal process at KA03.

On the self addressed envelope, can it to be any address and not necessarily to the address mentioned in the RC? Because I am no longer staying at the RC address.

Thanks,
Old 20th September 2023, 12:04   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk View Post
Hi,

I am looking to start the hypothecation removal process at KA03.

On the self addressed envelope, can it to be any address and not necessarily to the address mentioned in the RC? Because I am no longer staying at the RC address.

Thanks,
I am having same issue.

I need to update my address and remove HP, I dont know how this can be done together.

My RC card renewal is also due in FEB 2024.

What is the sequence to be followed? Can all 3 be done together?
Old 20th September 2023, 12:23   #649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Today, I completed hypothication removal process at Pune RTO. It hardly took me 10 mins. Thank you for useful post @SJN.

They asked for below documents
  • Originals: Bank RTO NOC letter, Form 35 with vehicle number mentioned and bank stamp - two in nos, original RC
  • Two copies of online fee receipt, insurance, PUC, Aadhaar, PAN
Hi, Hope you are doing great. My vehicle's hypothecation would be due for renewal in December 2024. While I had purchased the vehicle, there was a shortage of card printing (or something like that, I do not remember exactly) but I was provided a A4 Paper, titled as Form 23, Certificate of Registration, properly stamped and all!

Down below over there its mentioned as the car is hypothecated to SBI (the usual verbeage)

The question is, Once I collect the NOC from the Bank, can I submit back this paper to the RTO authorities so as to complete the process or do I need to first get that plastic RC card and then submit the same.

I still have time (one year) so thought of approaching slow and steady.

On a side note, many a times while travelling out of state, I have been inquired about the missing card but thankfully never harassed.
Old 25th September 2023, 21:48   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
Good to know that you were finally successful in submitting the application in the office.
Indeed for me as well the biggest satisfaction was of forcing the babus to do their job instead of delegating to the agents!

Now the wait for RC dispatch will start. That is another bureaucracy with unreliable tracking of the status through Speed Post.
Today I received my RC! So it took exactly 2 months to receive the same. It mentions HPT, not sure why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Hi, Hope you are doing great. My vehicle's hypothecation would be due for renewal in December 2024. While I had purchased the vehicle, there was a shortage of card printing (or something like that, I do not remember exactly) but I was provided a A4 Paper, titled as Form 23, Certificate of Registration, properly stamped and all!

Down below over there its mentioned as the car is hypothecated to SBI (the usual verbeage)

The question is, Once I collect the NOC from the Bank, can I submit back this paper to the RTO authorities so as to complete the process or do I need to first get that plastic RC card and then submit the same.

I still have time (one year) so thought of approaching slow and steady.

On a side note, many a times while travelling out of state, I have been inquired about the missing card but thankfully never harassed.
Yes even I have one page paper RC for the Suzuki Access I bought in 2017. I don't think you need to get smart card first. The paper RC was given by them then, so they can't ask for smart card RC which anyways going to change again for hypothtication removal
StepUP! is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 20:42   #651
SJN
BHPian

Quote:
Today I received my RC! So it took exactly 2 months to receive the same. It mentions HPT, not sure why.
Finally! But yours was delayed by an additional month compared to mine, due to the delay in filling the post of RTO officer incharge of Smart cards. So they couldn't scan his signature for the new cards! My RC also states the purpose as HPT which stands for Hypothecation Termination.
SJN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 16:07   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did the updated RC come as a smart card or a paper ?

I just submitted my HP removal and address change application at the Pune RTO today and was pleasantly surprised at how straight forward and simple the process was.

The lady at the counter said I should get the updated RC in a month's time.
Old 12th October 2023, 11:12   #653

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0107 View Post
I visited the RTO KA3 (Indira Nagar/Kasturi Nagar) to remove hypothecation from my vehicle, and I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly the process was completed, taking less than 5 minutes (There wasn't any queue in the counters. 1:00 PM).

For the online procedure, I logged into vahan.parivahan.gov.in and applied for services related to RC changes (Apply for Services -> RC Related services -> Apply for change of address, Hypothetication). I uploaded Form 35, NOC, and RC copy, and made a fee payment of INR 462.

As for the offline method, no prior appointment was necessary. I gathered the following documents:
  • 2 original copies of Form 35
  • 1 original copy of NOC
  • Original RC in a zip locked bag (which can be obtained from shops outside the RTO)
  • 2 copies of the fee receipt (1 to submit, 1 for acknowledgment)
  • 1 copy of the PUC
  • 1 copy of the insurance
  • A self-addressed green envelope with stamps (optional but recommended)
  • 1 copy of an address proof (optional but recommended)
  • A paper file to organize all the documents (available at shops outside the RTO)
Upon arriving at the RTO, I went to counter 15 for document verification. After the verification process, I proceeded to counter 17 to submit the file and receive an acknowledgment stamp on the fee receipt copy.
How were you able to pay the fees via parivahan? I am unable to login via Aadhar and the mobile number on portal is that of the previous owner!! Can we pay fees at the counters at RTO?
Old 13th October 2023, 10:43   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Did the updated RC come as a smart card or a paper ?

I just submitted my HP removal and address change application at the Pune RTO today and was pleasantly surprised at how straight forward and simple the process was.

The lady at the counter said I should get the updated RC in a month's time.
It's a smart card. I don't think they are disbursing a paper RC anymore.
Old 30th November 2023, 17:26   #655
BHPian

Got the Hypothecation removal done at KA51 RTO. My phone number wasn't updated as per the RC and hence wasn't able to do the online part (Aadhaar number is also yet to be updated). Decided to wing-it and try directly at RTO.

Landed at RTO at 10.40am on a Friday with
  • All docs i got from SBI - whatever Form 35 and NOC copies they gave
  • Original RC in a regular brown envelope
  • 1 copy of the PUC
  • 1 copy of the insurance
  • 1 copy of an address proof

Place was emptier than expected and was guided by a lady at reception to Room 5. Long story shirt, a rather nice and helpful gentleman behind the counter (spoke Hindi, English, Kannada) told me that I need to submit docs online. I told him about my mobile number situation to which he asked if I have a ID proof?

I said Yes!

He said show

I showed

He said he'll update and he did so immediately!

Asked me to now upload required docs.

Luckily I had my work laptop with me so sat and went through the online process as mentioned below

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0107 View Post
For the online procedure, I logged into vahan.parivahan.gov.in and applied for services related to RC changes (Apply for Services -> RC Related services -> Apply for change of address, Hypothetication). I uploaded Form 35, NOC, and RC copy, and made a fee payment of INR 462.
Went to payment page, only payment gateway option was the ominous "Khajane". Clicked ahead and the page promptly went into loading forever

Tried for sometime but wasn't happening then started getting message that payment under confirmation by bank. It also says that you can pay offline IF your RTO has the service.

Went back to the multi-lingual gentleman and showed my laptop. He said no, only online, try.

So I tried, and ofcourse nothing happened. Went again to him, he said that keep trying it'll happen. I was losing it by then and asked him if it doesn't then what? i can't come all the way again and again taking leave from work. Asked me to see the tech assistant in room 3.

The guy was found after 20 min and said the payment check error will timeout after 2h. Try again then.

So I waited and exactly at 2h mark the payment window opened again! This time payment went through smoothly but doc upload took multiple tries.

However, at 1.30PM all was through, took print out of the receipt and the Form 35 generated during upload of docs, from one of the shops outside. Collected all the docs together and went in to Room 5 again. Another nice gentlemen immediately on left after entering verified the docs and passed me to next person in the room. This person then accepted the docs, gave me a green envelope to write down my address where I want the RC to be delivered. Job done, he wrote an acknowledgement on a blank piece of paper, stamped , signed and gave it to me.

Acknowledgement mentions a due date of 20-12-2023 so fingers crossed!

So TLDR
1. Get mobile number updated at RTO. Only need ID proof.
2. If payment crashes, wait for 2h before trying again.
3. Carry an envelope/zip-lock or something for original RC as it is difficult for RTO guys to staple it with rest of the docs :P
4. A nice RTO guy will provide you the green envelope if you're lucky
iamgyan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 17:30   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalebread View Post
How were you able to pay the fees via parivahan? I am unable to login via Aadhar and the mobile number on portal is that of the previous owner!! Can we pay fees at the counters at RTO?
Refer my last post, you can get the number updated at RTO, carry ID proof that's all.
Old 12th December 2023, 22:00   #657
BHPian

So I just got NOC and Form35 from my bank for a loan which completed in 2019. Now, I went to Vahan website and created an application, uploaded docs and paid fee however, it says the service is "faceless" and I don't need to visit the RTO.

ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-screenshot_20231212215622.png

I just need to send the documents via Speedpost. This seems good but I have a lot of reservations with this method..

1. What if there's some signature missing/issue with a doc? This would mean they'll sit on the application forever or would inform me to rectify it?

2. What if Speedpost never reach them. Indian post offices are known for this. All my orginal documents will be lost with it.

FYI, my RTO is Delhi Mall Road.

Can I still visit the RTO and submit the documents manually? If yes, is it a walk-in because don't see an option for appointment on the website anywhere.
Old 20th December 2023, 11:38   #658
BHPian

Hello All,
I wanted to remove hypothication but unfortunately i have not received physical copy due to xyz reasons not mentioned in RTO website (vahaan bangalore south).
Now without physical RC copy , how can I even get the hypothication terminated?
And yes, the online menthod to pay via KHAZANA never works.. the page crashes when you select pay now. Tried doing this past 3 days 20-30 time and keep getting error and re-verify also fails.

Any inputs?
Old 25th December 2023, 22:36   #659
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I had cleared off the loan I had availed for my Santro from ICICI bank (purchased in 2007) and got the HP removed in 2010 after getting NOC from ICICI. The HP removal was mentioned in the RC book.

Last year I renewed the FC for the car, the RC book was returned to the Bangalore RTO (KA41). I got smart card which does not mention the HP status.

Now when I checked the status in Vahan, it does not mention hypothecation status but I see only 'Financed: YES'. I am trying to sell it and the buyer is not convinced that HP is cancelled. Does this mean that RTO has not updated the HP cancellation in their system?
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-santrodetails.png  

Last edited by mohan41 : 25th December 2023 at 22:43.
Old 25th December 2023, 23:04   #660
BHPian

Try to get a document from ICICI stating that the loan is cleared and in parallel try to get it sorted out with the RTO.
See if you can make it work with the clearance document from ICICI.
That’s the best course of action I can think of.
SixPistons is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks