Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2022, 22:27   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptarchy View Post
...[*]Do I need to provide a local address to receive the updated RC or an out of state address would be fine?
RC is "always" sent to the "registered" address of the vehicle on record. If you are not there you will first have to do a "change of address" and then do de-hypothecation. Ofcourse, you can club both applications together but it will be a messy thing to pursue as you are now "out-of-state".

-BJ
Old 7th May 2022, 13:35   #587

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
Hey Racingmachine, Sent following documents via speedpost -

1. Form 35 in original as received from Bank
2. NOC
3. Aadhar Card Copy
4. Application form printout

Do ensure to sign the documents wherever required.
Can you pls confirm if original RC also needs to be sent through speedpost?
Old 9th May 2022, 21:24   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzera View Post
Can you pls confirm if original RC also needs to be sent through speedpost?
Hi Panzera, When i placed request for Hypothecation removal, there was no such request / need of sending original RC through speedpost. I only sent Payment receipt, Form 35, Insurance documents, NOC via Speedpost & received updated RC from RTO.

Hope this helps.
woodstock3001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 17:11   #589

Hello guys,

Someone please clear my doubt in regard to the whole process.

My car is Haryana registered (HR 70 issuing authority) and I no longer live in the address mentioned on the RC.

Staying at my hometown (Bhopal) as of now. I contacted one acquaintance in Chandigarh RTO who suggested me to get the aadhaar card address changed for a week (to HR address) and then subsequently revert to the original address.

He's asking for 5000 rupees for the process but I'm wary of sending my original documents via mail and also skeptical of the "aadhaar address change".

I have already paid the amount on vaahan portal and have the acknowledgement receipt.

Kindly suggest me the way forward.

Thanks a ton!
Old 8th June 2022, 08:12   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
Hi Panzera, When i placed request for Hypothecation removal, there was no such request / need of sending original RC through speedpost. I only sent Payment receipt, Form 35, Insurance documents, NOC via Speedpost & received updated RC from RTO.

Hope this helps.
Hi,
Is Hypothecation removal and termination same?
Can the documents be submitted in person even if I initiate the application online?
Did you not send original RC along with application? If I have to send RC along with application then is there any receipt that you need to carry along until you get the new RC?
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
Same day at night applied for HPT application through www.parivahan.gov.in and completed the application after uploading softcopy of Form-35 obtained from Bank. Took appointment for 22-Mar-2021 (Monday) through the portal. Gathered all the documents required for printout and took printout on 21-Mar-2021.
You seemed to have gone through smoothly through the online process.

My ONLINE attempt wasn't smooth at-all for UK (Dehradun) RTO through vahan.parivahan.gov.in
I tried this morning and there was lot of hiccups in navigating to the HYPO TERMINATION page. I made the Fee payment of Rs 20 at 1030 am today, but I never got a confirmation of payment/receipt from the vahan.parivahan.gov.in website. Although I received a sms for payment confirmation from my bank but when I checked online banking it didn't show Rs 20 payment in the statement, after looking around the account page, in see more details there was Rs 20 on hold, when I called up HSBC and explained they said the merchant needs to claim it or may be the merchant is compiling the payments together into a group to claim it, so I should wait for 24 hours. I never heard such a thing before in this day and age.
HSBC suggested me to call the merchant and ask them to claim it. I politely declined saying that this suggestion is impossible with a Parivahan Department.

Tried getting a HSRP 3rd sticker for UK07 car with all information filled but was rejected after the appointment date. Called bookmyhsrp but they had no information on UK vehicles.

I think the online is working smoothly in some states and not in other states like Uttarakhand. I think I just need to land-up directly at the good old doors of UK07 RTO

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th June 2022 at 18:59. Reason: Merged consecutive posts
Old 11th June 2022, 09:38   #591
SJN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
I just came back from Pune RTO having submitted my hypothecation removal form. I'm feeling a sense of accomplishment i hadn't felt in a while. Will let it soak in.

Here's what i did:
I recently was able to successfully complete removal of hypothecation in Pune RTO. I followed this very useful guide from Stewie (thanks a lot!). However, there were few changes in my case:
  • My payment transaction was failing multiple times and I couldn't repay for the same application. Finally on 4th try, I paid after 10pm and it worked.
  • Once I submitted the application online, I did not find the link to upload the documents. So I submitted my application and visited the RTO without uploading any documents. Later since there was no progress on my application for a week, I found a link online to upload the documents and did it. Not sure if this was required.
  • Reach the office at 10 am and you will get car parking as well as work will finish in just 10 minutes.
  • Few agents approached me promising faster processing even at 10am inside the building, but I refused. In fact, one of them pointed me to the "Khasgi" personal vehicles section since I was looking around for it.
  • The guy at the counter told me to sign Form 35 and asked for PAN card as signature proof. I didn't have it but luckily he accepted license copy.
  • He also asked for my cell number and wrote it on the fee receipt. I asked him about photo but he said that it is not required.

So to summarize, I needed the following documents:
  • Originals: Bank RTO NOC letter, Form 35 with bank stamp - 2
  • Copies of online fee receipt, insurance, PUC, Aadhaar, Appointment slip, License (signature proof)
  • Second copy of online fee receipt was stamped and given as acknowledgement

The guy at the counter told me plainly that it will take 1 month for processing. I thought he was bluffing but it is indeed moving slowly. My application is approved after 15 days and now the wait for print and dispatch of RC has started.

But overall, worth it and it really gives you sense of achievement. Also, you save money and help to reduce the middleman culture!
SJN is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 17:15   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOUNTAINMAN View Post
My ONLINE attempt wasn't smooth at-all for UK (Dehradun) RTO through vahan.parivahan.gov.in
I tried this morning and there was lot of hiccups in navigating to the HYPO TERMINATION page. I made the Fee payment of Rs 20 at 1030 am today, but I never got a confirmation of payment/receipt .....
HSBC suggested me to call the merchant and ask them to claim it. I politely declined saying that this suggestion is impossible with a Parivahan Department.

I think I just need to land-up directly at the good old doors of UK07 RTO
UTTARAKHAND, DEHRADUN

I managed to remove the Hypothecation from the RC and here is how it happened.

Collected the following:
1. NOC (from Bank)
2. Form 35 (2 copies from Bank along with NOC)
3. Loan closure Letter (received from Bank along with NOC)
4. Valid Insurance copy (self attested)
5. Valid PUC copy (Self attested)
6. Address proof copy (Self attested)
7. PAN Card copy (Self attested)
8. RC Original
9. Fee receipt original (Amount Rs 20)
10 All of the above organized in a file and marked the file with Vehicle number and purpose.
10. Envelope with stamp (not required)

Issues:
1. Going online to pay the fees had issues as addressed in my earlier post. I made the payment but the transaction wasn't getting completed.
Solution: I went to the RTO and the officers couldn't help but confirm that the payment was not complete and nothing they could help with. So I walked to the agent shops outside and they confirmed the payment from the same web page where it was showing pending. I was charged Rs 50 and got a print out.
2. RTO online site hangs frequently so keep trying after some time. It works like butter the other times.

NOTES:
a. Unlike other states there was no need to submit envelopes with stamps.
b. Visit Block #4 for RC related work. Get the file checked from any counter and get it signed from the block officer sitting in a room on the left and then submit it back to the same counter. You have to go back to the same counter to collect the new RC.
c. Timings: 10 AM to 2PM Forms submissions & 3PM to 5PM Docs collection
d. Submitted the file on 14th Jun and was asked to collect New RC on 16th Jun.
Yes, I collected the new RC on 16th June. Cheering:
Old 23rd June 2022, 22:45   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
...removal of hypothecation in Pune RTO...[*]The guy at the counter told me to sign Form 35 and asked for PAN card as signature proof. I didn't have it but luckily he accepted license copy...
This is my experience too. I had posted about this earlier. Did you also close the loan within three years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Learnt something new today!
...went to the RTO to submit originl RC, application receipt, bank NOC and other docs. Counter staff politely refused to accept the application because we closed the car loan within three years.

They asked for PAN card copy and owner (my wife) to sign on the NOC and Form35 in person, in front of another executive. They verified signature against original PAN card (or passport), which carries the signature, and after that only accepted the application. ...
-BJ
Old 24th June 2022, 08:55   #594
BHPian

Can someone share the address of KA01 RTO? When i google , it shows Koramangala BDA and one in HSR. Need to visit for the hypothecation removal.
Old 24th June 2022, 16:03   #595
BHPian

It is shifted to HSR now close to Agara lake.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/RT...2!4d77.6466281
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 19:07   #596
SJN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
This is my experience too. I had posted about this earlier. Did you also close the loan within three years?
-BJ
I actually closed it after 6 years. I think it was because Form 35 was not signed and he wanted to verify my signature on it as the owner.

Also, I finally got the RC smart card by post after 4 weeks of submitting the application in RTO and after 15 days of approval.
SJN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 16:50   #597

I request some pointers / direction on hypothecation termination removal from fellow BHPians.

My case is a bit unique (or may not be as I was not able to go through each & every post in this thread). Let me summarize :

a) bought a car in 2011 in Pune, with registration date in December, 2011 (MH 12)
b) Took car loan from SBI, (some branch in Pune)
c) Fully closed the loan in 2015
d) However, I shifted to Bangalore in 2014 & was not able to collect the NOC or any other documents from bank branch
e) Fast forward 2022, I am still in Bangalore. I want to sell the car later this year and obviously the hypothecation termination comes into the picture.
f) I still haven't got NOC/Form 35 etc. from SBI since they want me to come down to the branch itself in Pune to collect those.

I really don't want to travel to Pune just to collect NOC/Forms from the SBI branch in person. Since its been over 8 years that I shifted to Bangalore, I don't have a major contact in Pune who would collect it on my behalf (with authority letter or whatever).

In this scenario, is it at all possible to terminate hypothecation by not visiting Pune? (its not that I don't like Pune , but travelling to Pune from Bangalore just to cancel hypothecation would be the last option if nothing else works out). Would really appreciate some pointers.
Old 27th August 2022, 01:00   #598

I am in Bangalore and need to get hypothecation terminated on our KA03 registered car. I completed the online process and looks like I need to visit the Kasturi Nagar RTO. Going through this thread, I see that most paid a fee of Rs.200/- while I paid Rs.462/- on the portal. Breakup is as follows:
Hypothecation Termination - Rs.200/-
Postal Fee - Rs.50/-
Service/User Charge - Rs.75/-
Smart Card Fee - Rs.137/-

I have a few questions, if anyone can answer them will be great
1. Since a postal fee is included, does that mean I do not need to include a postage-paid envelope?
2. Service/User Charge has been included but for what? Will everything happen online without the need to visit RTO?
3. Smart Card fee is also charged but the RC does not have any mention of hypothecation. Will they still provide a new Smart Card?
4. All my documents have a Mumbai address, will a lease agreement suffice as address proof? Do we even need address proof?
yogeshtulsiani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 16:43   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshtulsiani View Post
I am in Bangalore and need to get hypothecation terminated on our KA03 registered car. I completed the online process and looks like I need to visit the Kasturi Nagar RTO. Going through this thread, I see that most paid a fee of Rs.200/- while I paid Rs.462/- on the portal. Breakup is as follows:
Hypothecation Termination - Rs.200/-
Postal Fee - Rs.50/-
Service/User Charge - Rs.75/-
Smart Card Fee - Rs.137/-

I have a few questions, if anyone can answer them will be great
1. Since a postal fee is included, does that mean I do not need to include a postage-paid envelope?
2. Service/User Charge has been included but for what? Will everything happen online without the need to visit RTO?
3. Smart Card fee is also charged but the RC does not have any mention of hypothecation. Will they still provide a new Smart Card?
4. All my documents have a Mumbai address, will a lease agreement suffice as address proof? Do we even need address proof?
1.No envelope needed
2.You have to submit the original documents/application at the RTO office if you dont have faceless authentication facility for this service
3.Normally a new Smart card will be issued
4.If there is no change of address/ownership ,Address proof is not needed.(Please reconfirm this since it varies from state to state rules)
ajay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 00:24   #600

In continuation to my post above and input from @ajay99, visited the KA03 RTO office at Kasturi Nagar today (30th Aug). I drove to the RTO and parked inside the complex where the test track is. The office was relatively crowd-free probably because of the rainy day forecast or the upcoming festival.

1. Got documents verified from Counter No. 7 (could be a different counter in your case subject to staff availablitity).
I provided in a plastic file (a paper file may be used too) the following:
a. Original RC smart card in a plastic packet (packet available outside RTO),
b. Fee paid receipt,
c. Bank NOC,
d. Form 35 (2 originals as received from the bank),
e. RC copy,
f. Insurance certificate copies (My third party and comprehensive providers are not the same company),
g. PUC certificate copy, and
h. Aadhaar Card copy.

2. Post verification, submitted the file at Counter No. 17. Do remember to carry an extra copy of the fee receipt as a signed and stamped acknowledgment will be provided on the same.

Overall, if you have everything in order, the process should take about 5 mins.
yogeshtulsiani is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks