Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2023, 16:18   #661
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

I went to Bangalore KR Puram RTO (KA53) in order to get my hypothecation cancelled for my Tata Tiago. The whole process was done offline and it took just ~10 mins.

The following documents need to be carried:-
a) Original Registration Certificate.
b) 2 copies of NOC and Form 35 (These are provided by the bank/financier).
c) Copy of car insurance.
d) Copy of pollution certificate.

I reached RTO on Thursday at around 10:30a.m. The area had mild traffic and RTO was fairly empty too I easily got a parking space on the road which goes inside and is towards left side of the RTO.

There's a xerox shop just outside the RTO on the right side. From afar it looks more like a tea shop. From there, I got a file, tag and a plastic pouch for RC for 17 INR. I kept all documents in the file and attached them using the tag.

Inside the RTO, I went to room number 2 on the ground floor itself. It has 2 counters. One on the left and one on the right. First, I went to the right counter. The person sitting there took my file, verified and then asked me for the original RC which I gave to him with the plastic pouch. He then handed me a postal envelope and asked me to write my current local address. Please note that this DOES NOT have to be the same which is mentioned on RC card. I mentioned my current address which is different from the one which I have on RC. I then gave back the envelope to him which he then attached to the file. He had also attached the RC by then. He then gave me back the file.

Post this, I went to the left counter in the same room where a polite lady took my file, did some data entry and handed me back the file.

Then I proceeded to the payment counter which is there on the ground floor itself in a different room. I went there and gave my file to cashier, which then quoted me a price of 470 INR. Post cash payment, he gave me the payment receipt which I attached in the file.

I went back to the same room number 2 on ground floor, and handed the file to the lady on the left counter. She noted down details on a register and gave me a receipt and told me that the new RC will be mailed to me in 30 days.
thugz_doge is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 13:54   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugz_doge View Post
I went to Bangalore KR Puram RTO (KA53) in order to get my hypothecation cancelled for my Tata Tiago. The whole process was done offline and it took just ~10 mins.

Thanks a lot for this information. I am planning to visit KR Puram RTO next week. I have already submitted an online application for hypothecation removal and paid the fees(Rs 462), uploaded documents online. I hope the verification process remains the same.
Old 5th January 2024, 11:17   #663
BHPian

I had sent my person to RTO Thane for Hypothecation removal & Address Change after uploading all documents online and paying the fees.

On visiting the RTO he was asked to provide Two documents which were not mentioned anywhere online.

1) No case Remark to be collected from New RTO office (Louis Wadi Thane)

2) Obtain Sign from the bank On letter issued by RTO. Letter states that Bank confirms they have issued the NOC and form 35 .

This seems redundant as bank has already Signed form 35, anyway there is no use in arguing with RTO bureaucrats.

Hope we are able to get these two documents .
Old 14th January 2024, 09:55   #664
BHPian

RTO Hypothecation Removal Process (KA04) - Step by Step Guide

Thanks to mayank0107 for this post. Based on this, I went to KA04 (Yeshwantpur RTO) to get my hypothecation removed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0107 View Post
I visited the RTO KA3 (Indira Nagar/Kasturi Nagar) to remove hypothecation from my vehicle, and I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly the process was completed, taking less than 5 minutes (There wasn't any queue in the counters. 1:00 PM).

For the online procedure, I logged into vahan.parivahan.gov.in and applied for services related to RC changes (Apply for Services -> RC Related services -> Apply for change of address, Hypothetication). I uploaded Form 35, NOC, and RC copy, and made a fee payment of INR 462.

As for the offline method, no prior appointment was necessary. I gathered the following documents:
  • 2 original copies of Form 35
  • 1 original copy of NOC
  • Original RC in a ziplock bag (which can be obtained from shops outside the RTO)
  • 2 copies of the fee receipt (1 to submit, 1 for acknowledgement)
  • 1 copy of the PUC
  • 1 copy of the insurance
  • A self-addressed green envelope with stamps (optional but recommended)
  • 1 copy of an address proof (optional but recommended)
  • A paper file to organize all the documents (available at shops outside the RTO)

Upon arriving at the RTO, I went to counter 15 for document verification. After the verification process, I proceeded to counter 17 to submit the file and receive an acknowledgement stamp on the fee receipt copy.

Pre-read (You can skip this if not interested)

I reached at 2:55 pm and it was not crowded. There were probably 3 other people like me there getting things done (or trying to) from different counters. Even though the process should not have taken more than 3 to 5 minutes, the people there were not welcoming (as expected). So if you are going, try to go in the morning, because, of the 4 counters that I actually had to go through, 3 of them were super hesitant to get things done and were trying to get me to come back the next day.

They kept repeating that I should go the next day, but my perseverance and the sentences filled with 'please', 'sorry', and 'thank you', kept moving things a little by little. It is so infuriating to see that they treat us as if they are doing us a favour, while it's the damn tax that we pay that pays their salary. Public sector companies should start peer reviews, feedback, promotions, hiring and firing like private companies. Right now, none of them have any good incentive to work. They will get their salary and pension regardless of how lazy they are.

Parivahan process

Go to Parivahan website and make the required payment. There are many YouTube videos that will help you with this

Important:
  1. Download the payment receipt.
  2. Go to the RTO (Unfortunately, for KA04, we have to go to the RTO. It's not fully online.)

Documents needed for the RTO

1. Original NOC from the bank x 1
  2. Original Form 35 from the bank x 2 (Make sure you have signed them in the relevant places)
  3. Payment receipt from Parivahan x 2
  4. PUCC copy x 1
  5. Insurance copy x 1
  6. Adhaar copy x 1 (Add your signature twice at the bottom.)
  7. Original RC (You need to get a zip lock plastic cover)

Important:
  1. Put all the above documents into a paper file/folder. They won't accept the documents if they are not inside a file. The ziplock bag for the RC is to make sure you can pin it in the file. It serves no other purpose.
  2. You can get the paper file/folder, ziplock cover, etc in the building. There are a few shops on the first floor.

Process

1. Give the file to Block A, T4. The person would check if all the documents are in order. They will mark the documents and once all of them are verified, you have to go to another counter (Block A, T14)
  2. Give the file to Block A, T14 (right opposite T4) to get a seal on one of the documents. This was the only counter where the young lady just added the seal without making it difficult by saying it was late or anything else (I was rushing, so I didn't check which document got the seal. I think it was the payment receipt).
  3. Give the file to Block B, T2. Here, they will take the RC out of the zip lock bag, insert it into a card reader for whatever it is that they do, and then give you another paper (Some acknowledgement letter. Again, I didn't check this because I was rushing.)
  4. Give the file and the acknowledgement letter to Block B, T6 (There was no one in T6, so someone asked to give it to T8). Here, they will check all the documents, and add a seal and some sign/writing on one of the two copies of the payment receipt. This is your proof that you have submitted all the documents to the RTO.
    I was told that I would receive the new RC by post in 21 days and sent it to the address on the RC.

The timeline

I kept checking the status of the application on the Parivahan website. Here is how things went from the start.
  1. Online application submission - 08/November/2023
  2. I went to the RTO for document submission - 09/November/2023
  3. Application status changed from 'Pending' to 'Approved' - 05/December/2023
  4. Smart card generated - 25/December/2023
  5. RC dispatched through Speed Post - 28/December/2023
  6. RC delivered to my address - 04/January/2024

Important:
Even though the RC was dispatched by Speed Post on 28/December/2023, I could not find the details by entering the consignment number on the website. I called the Indian Post toll-free number and they said that it's because it's a bulk booking and would take time to show the data on the website. I kept checking and on 03/January/2024, the details were visible and the card got delivered the next day.

Some YouTube videos that can help you

anaghp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 11:06   #665
BHPian

Hi - just wanted to check if anyone here knows about the process for ordering high security number plates. I have sent one of my Maharashtra registered cars to my brother in Gurgaon If there a way, I can order the number plates and send it to my brother.
Old 5th March 2024, 12:21   #666

Hi,

Can hypothecation removal and address change be done together, or should i change my address first before hypothecation removal?

Thanks.

Edit:

My RTO is KA01

Last edited by kage_bunshin : 5th March 2024 at 12:46. Reason: Additional info
Old 11th March 2024, 15:39   #667
Senior - BHPian

I just paid the last EMI to SBI and that should mark the closure of the auto loan I had.

As I understand, the first and foremost thing that is required in order to remove the hypothecation, is the NOC and Form 35 from the lending party (SBI in my case)

Anybody with ideas on timelines? I would prefer to start sending them mailers, lest they mess up.
Old 11th March 2024, 17:49   #668
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Anybody with ideas on timelines? I would prefer to start sending them mailers, lest they mess up.
The usual time that the bank people take is anything between 2-3 weeks. That is the timeline usually
Cheers
rajeevsulu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 10:20   #669
BHPian

Quote:
I just paid the last EMI to SBI and that should mark the closure of the auto loan I had.

As I understand, the first and foremost thing that is required in order to remove the hypothecation, is the NOC and Form 35 from the lending party (SBI in my case)

My last EMI with Kotak Bank (erstwhile Ford Credit) was paid on 8th Feb'24 and by 23rd Feb'24 I received NOC and Form 35 from Kotak. Have paid the fees (Rs. 258) on Parivahan. Will take the receipt along with other documents to my RTO for submission. Tentatively it takes 2 weeks to receive the new updated RC with no Hypothecation.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 11:16   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Thank you for the valued inputs. Let me wait for the SBI Chinchwad branch then, for the NOC and Form 35. I will update this thread as I receive them.

On a different note, can't the banks automate this process, as in their books, its already cleared.
Majumdarda is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 11:23   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the valued inputs. Let me wait for the SBI Chinchwad branch then, for the NOC and Form 35. I will update this thread as I receive them.

On a different note, can't the banks automate this process, as in their books, its already cleared.
I feel it is automated. Only that the manual process of getting the print and courier takes time. The Form 35 need to be signed by the Bank so may be in future we shall have a background job which generates the Form & NOC with digital signatures and emails it as soon as the loan has been paid off. Things are improving so hope we do reach full automation in RTO related work sooner than later.
Old 18th March 2024, 09:16   #672
sgm
BHPian

Need some help with a correction needed for Hypothecation removal of our self-financed car.

I'm in the process of selling our 10year old Maruti Celerio and I was shocked to see that in the Parivahan website, the car is marked as Financed for our self-financed car. This would have happened due to some data entry mistake or dealer made a mistake while submitting the Form20

The entry "Hypothecation" is marked as "Yes" and "Hypothecation Bank" is "N/A"

I have the invoice with cheque amounts and dates and bank statement showing the same. I can't apply for a regular Hypothecation removal as there is no bank involved, so there is no NOC/form 35.

Any suggestions? Can I visit RTO office and get it corrected easily?
Old 18th March 2024, 09:33   #673
Senior - BHPian

I think it's just a correction to the records, for which you have to visit the RTO. Since you have the required evidences, the concerned RTO should be in a position to correct the details.

Apparently one of hose scenarios which does not fall under any category and RTO is the advisor.
Old 18th March 2024, 11:34   #674
Senior - BHPian

Just received an email from SBI wherein they are asking me to visit branch to collect the NOC and Form 35.

I was with the understanding that these will be sent to me. Has anybody visited bank to collect these and if yes, do I need to carry anything?

From the email that I have received, it seems there has been a portion which has been omitted, intentionally.

ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-screenshot_202403181128042.png
Old 18th March 2024, 18:20   #675
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This is inefficiency at its best. Here they post the NOC, we collect it, affix our signature and submit it to the RTO. It is said nowhere that the signature has to be affixed in the bank premises! Whilst there, ensure that they have stamped it. These inept guys send the NOC and form without signing and stamping it at times.
rajeevsulu is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks