Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2023, 11:46   #616
Senior - BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljai View Post
I have followed this process, and completed the application on 07-Jun-2021. However, its still stuck at PENDING AT HPT-VERIFICATION. Any idea how long it would take? The RTO is KA03.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
It has been over two months since I completed the formalities and submitted the papers for hypothecation removal. I was expecting to receive the new RC card by post at least in 4-6 weeks, but it has been over two months and there is no sign of it

Any pointers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
Online removal of Hypothecation from RC at Bangalore South RTO - KA-05

Prepare Documents:

When I tried to do an aadhar verification for KA03RTO, it states this service is not available for this authentication. I had to do a mobile OTP verification. wondering if this was the same for you all? Did you complete the entire process online or still had to visit the RTO for document submission?
Old 7th February 2023, 13:31   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
When I tried to do an aadhar verification for KA03RTO, it states this service is not available for this authentication. I had to do a mobile OTP verification. wondering if this was the same for you all? Did you complete the entire process online or still had to visit the RTO for document submission?
I don't remember the authentication part, but I do remember receiving an OTP. I did visit the RTO once for document submission.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 14:13   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
After Hypothecation Removal you get a updated RC Card?
Is the new card using a more current design compared to the older one?

reference :
Answering my own question since someone else might have the same query : Yes, the updated RC is uses the current design.

related:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5504819 (Additional registration needed for installing audio system in Kolkata?)
Old 2nd March 2023, 18:56   #619
Senior - BHPian

will be visiting the KA03 RTO this week to submit the documents. Do we need to keep them in a file or just staple them and submit? If it needs to be in a file, do they have a specific requirement for the file?
Old 6th March 2023, 11:18   #620
Senior - BHPian

Update on the process.

I visited the KA03 RTO on Saturday and the whole process took about 30 mins, 20 odd minutes was just waiting for the staff to arrive. I was there at around 10:20 and I was done by 10:55.

1. The documents required were stapled (no file needed). Ensure you have 2 copies of the fee paid receipt, as one of them will be given back to you with a seal as acknowledgement.
2. A self addressed cloth envelope with Rs.18 stamp is required. I told them that I have paid the postal fees, which is mandatory and the response was that if they have it in stock, they will send, else it might get delayed and I need to come back to the RTO to collect it. What a scam to collect more money.
3. Go to counter 15 first, the staff will verify and counter sign it.
4. Next, go to counter 14 for entry into the computer.
5. go to counter 17 for final submission. Make sure you collect the acknowledgement before you leave.

You are pretty much done at this stage and the wait begins.

PS - the above is true if you have filled and paid the application fees online. I do not know if the process is same for offline payment. This was for Mobile OTP verification, mine did not allow for aadhar verification for this RTO.
Old 18th March 2023, 16:25   #621

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmenon View Post
I recently went to Electronic City RTO(KA51) and presented my papers for the process. Just summarizing the same here for anyone who would be interested to save 1000Rs from agents.
  1. Done
Thank you @psmenon, this really helped me. I followed it and today i was able to get my RC card today after removal of hypothecation.

I had an interesting conversation with the officer on postage. Earlier, one had to submit a self-addressed envelope for any DL or RC update. But after covid, the postage fees are collected online. Therefore, i did not carry any envelope with me.
At the end of the process the officer asked me for the envelope. I said that postage is already paid. He said that yes postage is paid but he has to wait for an envelope from another department to send me the RC. If i submit the envelope, then it will be a faster process.
I then offered to go out and get an envelope. But he asked me where i stay and when he came to know that i stay near to the RTO office, he told me not to bother with the envelope.
I waited for the stipulated number of days but didn't receive my RC. So, today i went to the RTO and collected it in person.

But one good thing in the entire process, there was no explicit or implicit demand for any bribe.
yogie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 17:12   #622
BANNED

Thank you, for the informative article, bookmarking it for future reference. I will be removing hypothecation in the near future. I will be doing it at Kasba, Kolkata RTO. I hope the process will be almost same.
Old 27th March 2023, 22:12   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogie View Post
Thank you @psmenon, this really helped me. I followed it and today i was able to get my RC card today after removal of hypothecation.

I had an interesting conversation with the officer on postage. Earlier, one had to submit a self-addressed envelope for any DL or RC update. But after covid, the postage fees are collected online. Therefore, i did not carry any envelope with me.
At the end of the process the officer asked me for the envelope. I said that postage is already paid. He said that yes postage is paid but he has to wait for an envelope from another department to send me the RC. If i submit the envelope, then it will be a faster process.
I then offered to go out and get an envelope. But he asked me where i stay and when he came to know that i stay near to the RTO office, he told me not to bother with the envelope.
I waited for the stipulated number of days but didn't receive my RC. So, today i went to the RTO and collected it in person.

But one good thing in the entire process, there was no explicit or implicit demand for any bribe.
Glad it helped yeah - now the postal charges are done online, but there are certain RTO offices (Chandapura for example) that still ask for this money
Old 16th April 2023, 14:45   #624
BHPian

Is it possible to remove hypothecation AND apply for a NOC at the same time so that the car can be registered to a new owner in a different state? The situation involves sale of the car with the purchase amount paying off the loan outstanding.

Anybody done this in any of the Bangalore RTOs?
Old 25th April 2023, 12:00   #625
BHPian

For Hypothecation removal in Karnataka, is address proof for the address in RC copy necessary?
Old 28th April 2023, 22:26   #626
BHPian

Where is HP mentioned in the RC? My RC does not mention it.
Old 9th May 2023, 21:35   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
Friends,

I purchased Grand i10 Automatic in 2017 & finally loan is getting over next month.

Since it was financed by ICICI Bank, I always thought I will have to get hypothecation removed post completion of loan amount. However, I was surprised that original RC that I received with car has no details of financed by ICICI on it. I know I should have checked it earlier.

I checked my car details online via Car Info app & even that does not show any details around hypothecation.

Now, does it mean mean there is no need to get hypothecation removed ? or Am I missing out something.

For reference, I’m attaching my car RC (after masking few details) & screenshots of MYCARINFO app.

Any guidance will be super helpful.

Dear woodstock3001,

I have also applied and paid the fees only for Hypothecation termination of my Delhi registration car, however please guide if the Registration Certificate (RC) is to be sent in original or a xerox copy to RTO office through Speed Post.
Also, I have made a set of following documents which I would be sending.
Please guide if any other document is required.

1. NOC letter and 2 Form 35 (signed by myself and financier)
2. Copies of vehicle's RC, insurance, and PUC
3. Receipt of online payment
4. Registered owner's (myself) copies of Pan and Aadhar documents
5. Two Photographs of registered owner

Also, please confirm as in how many days did you receive the original RC.
Old 10th May 2023, 15:05   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitm29 View Post
Dear woodstock3001,

I have also applied and paid the fees only for Hypothecation termination of my Delhi registration car, however please guide if the Registration Certificate (RC) is to be sent in original or a xerox copy to RTO office through Speed Post.
Also, I have made a set of following documents which I would be sending.
Please guide if any other document is required.

1. NOC letter and 2 Form 35 (signed by myself and financier)
2. Copies of vehicle's RC, insurance, and PUC
3. Receipt of online payment
4. Registered owner's (myself) copies of Pan and Aadhar documents
5. Two Photographs of registered owner

Also, please confirm as in how many days did you receive the original RC.
Original RC needs to be sent as well. Please send all such documents via Registered post only and would recommend keeping Photostat.

You should receive new RC within 15 days.
woodstock3001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 15:09   #629
BHPian

Can someone please respond to this query?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhokal View Post
Where is HP mentioned in the RC? My RC does not mention it.
Old 18th May 2023, 15:12   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhokal View Post
Can someone please respond to this query?
Get an RC extract from the parivahan portal (Rs.10 and can be done online). It will be mentioned there. The newer RC cards make no mention of the HP.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks