Old 10th November 2020, 00:25   #496
BHPian

Re: RC hypothecation removal from Barrackpore RTO

Contact BHPian boniver as he is from Barrackpore
digitalnirvana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 13:31   #497
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

I recently went to Electronic City RTO(KA51) and presented my papers for the process. Just summarizing the same here for anyone who would be interested to save 1000Rs from agents.
  1. Goto https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...homepage.xhtml
  2. Enter your vehicle number
  3. In the services available - select Hypothecation removal - Click on terminate hypothecation - Due date is the day you would go to RTO
  4. Select Pay at RTO
  5. Get the acknowledgement receipt and print it
  6. Reach RTO office by 10.00 -10.30
  7. Go straight to office no:5
  8. Present all the papers that you have with you- Original RC in a plastic cover, NOC from bank in original, form 35 both duly signed by you, one cover with stamp and your address + vehicle number mentioned on, parivahan acknowledgement printout
  9. The assistant RTO would verify these documents and sign it
  10. Submit all these documents to the lady office sitting on the right corner
  11. She would seal the papers
  12. She would ask you to fill in a register with a serial number
  13. Take note of that serial number and fill that number in the seal the lady had put on
  14. Collect the receipt
  15. Done
psmenon is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 13:53   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvkunte View Post
Having done all that I still can't find a way to book an appointment, etc. and/ or find a list of docs to take to the RTO.

Also looking for inputs on whether the original owner needs to be present; planning to do go to the RTO for wife's car this week.
Just got the HPT removed from my Car in KA03 RTO - Bangalore East,
Even I could not find a way to book the appointment online, turns out there is no need to book the appointment online and just paying the fees online and showing up with all the necessary documents will suffice.

and No, the Owner need not go the office in person, just carry the Original RC, NOC and Valid Insurance and Emission papers.

and since HTP removal is not printed on the RC card, it is better to pay extra fees and obtain the B-Extract of the RC after the HPT is removed. you will have a physical document as proof of termination of HPT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Thanks. I have booked an appointment for 13-Nov. Friday the 13th .... keeping finger crossed.

One more question- is taking vehicle necessary? I mean do they really check the vehicle physically? Appointment slip says bring vehicle for inspection, but looks like it is a generic text added in the acknowledgement. Black and shiny Fat Boy is an eye candy, hence, I am worried about leaving it unattended in the RTO crowd.

Tia,
-BJ
AFAIK In the State of Karnataka, it is not necessary to take the vehicle for removal of HPT
theautoman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 22:00   #499
BHPian

This is for all those who come under the jurisdiction of the Bengaluru East RTO (KA-03). It's been a couple of years since the office has moved from the BDA Complex in Indiranagar to the present premises at Kasturinagar, but it was my first visit there.

The termination of hypothecation is actually a very simple affair. It is only complicated by the sarkari ineptitude that this country is famous for, and hence, any help proffered to prospective applicants should go a long way in making the experience slightly more palatable. So here's how the whole thing works.

On the completion of your loan tenure, your Bank mails a Loan Closure Letter for the termination of hypothecation that includes a No Objection Certificate (NOC) to the RTO, an NOC to the Insurance Company and two copies of Form 35 to the RTO that must also be signed by the owner before submission. These documents are valid for only 3 months from the date of issue of the letter.

If you want to pay the fee online (Rs.200) please follow the process detailed in the previous posts and take a printout of the Fee Receipt. Take a copy of all the documents in the Bank's loan closure letter, though only for your reference, since you would need to submit the original at the RTO.

Documents to be submitted
Original Hypothecation Termination documents from the Bank to the RTO.
Printout of the Fee Receipt.
Original RC card.
Photocopies of the RC card, current valid motor vehicle insurance, current valid pollution under control (emission) certificate duly attested by you.
From the photocopying shops outside the RTO, pick up a postage-stamped envelope that you can self-address, a ziplock pouch to drop the original RC card in and a paper file with a tag to hold all the above items together.

Enter the main gate to the building. Perhaps due to Covid-19 restrictions, you cannot enter the main building. Just walk along the right side to counter no. 15. Present the file to the official there. Once he/she makes sure that everything is in order, you will be asked to submit the file at counter no. 17 where the official enters the details of the application in a register and provides you with a stamped acknowledgement. The replacement RC card (with the hypothecation component removed from the embedded smart chip) should reach you in a week to 10 days' time.

Now for the kicker. If you do not have all the above information (as it was in my case) you will be left tearing your hair out for such a simple process because you would be going back and forth, asking sundry people (since there is no help desk or information chart), being given wrong directions and also be reprimanded by the moody, unresponsive, sometimes unavailable staff, for no fault of yours. Perhaps, this is how the infamous babudom ensures the agent mafia is alive and well (with a hefty kickback for themselves in the process, of course).
TAHR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 11:49   #500
BHPian

Thank you for the explanation , this was really helpful. Will be going there on Monday to finish this formality.

My first instincts were to engage agents to avoid bureaucratic hurdles and save time.

Considering that I have all the documents in order and with process looking simple, I'll do this myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAHR View Post
This is for all those who come under the jurisdiction of the Bengaluru East RTO (KA-03). It's been a couple of years since the office has moved from the BDA Complex in Indiranagar to the present premises at Kasturinagar, but it was my first visit there.
Old 28th November 2020, 20:22   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenoytech View Post
Thank you for the explanation , this was really helpful. Will be going there on Monday to finish this formality.
You're welcome @shenoytech, glad to be of help.
Old 8th December 2020, 12:41   #502

Quote:
Originally Posted by theautoman View Post
Just got the HPT removed from my Car in KA03 RTO - Bangalore East,
Even I could not find a way to book the appointment online, turns out there is no need to book the appointment online and just paying the fees online and showing up with all the necessary documents will suffice.

and No, the Owner need not go the office in person, just carry the Original RC, NOC and Valid Insurance and Emission papers.

and since HTP removal is not printed on the RC card, it is better to pay extra fees and obtain the B-Extract of the RC after the HPT is removed. you will have a physical document as proof of termination of HPT.

AFAIK In the State of Karnataka, it is not necessary to take the vehicle for removal of HPT
Didn't want to post this earlier as I didn't want to jinx the process and/ or anger the transportation Gods, but I finally saw this through at KA-02 last week.

To recap and summarize, the steps broadly involved :
1. Getting the bank NOC and Form 35 (1 visit to the bank; 20min; loan applicant's signature needed on the form)
2. Start the initial processing on the Parivahan website, after selecting the appropriate State ("Other states" for Karnataka) and appropriate service ("Removal of hypothecation)
3. The website is comprehensive in terms of covering all steps upto the actual papers' submission but the workflow isn't great (more on that in a later point).
4. Had to scan and upload all vehicle documents, ID proof, NOC and Form 35 on the website.
5. Paid the INR200 fee online as well.
6. As mentioned earlier, the workflow isn't great - the payment needs a 2-stage approval otherwise the amount gets debited but doesn't reach the RTO until you click the "approve payment" button.
7. Again, the site doesn't do a great job of leading you through the steps automatically so the easiest way is to go to the parent site after each step and re-enter the vehicle number under the "know your application status" option to get the next instruction.
8. You know you're done when the message doesn't change from the previous message, a little like a computational algorithm.
9. At that point you can go to the RTO with original NOC + Form 35 documents, photocopies + originals of vehicle documents (including emission, very importantly) and a green, reinforced, self-addressed envelope with the appropriate speed-post stamps; owner and vehicle not needed.
10. You get thrown around from one window to the next until 2 people sign off on the documents and collect them from you and you get a little pink slip with the application number; RC card is held back.
11. The process itself took 1-hour within the RTO (including a short trip to the neighbouring post-office to figure out what is a "speed-post cover"; ref. above).
12. 1 hour is not bad if you started going to the RTO in the early '00s like I did but is a bit ridiculous when you think its just for 2 signatures; your glass (full or empty), your call. Also, no additional payment demanded, requested, or implied anywhere but that's mostly how KA-02 has always functioned in my experience over 2 decades.
13. Now you wait to get your RC card back. And pay your daily respects at the Parivahan "Application status" website.
14. Overall timeline was as follows :
- Document submission : ~11 Oct 2020
- Updation of approval status on the website : ~20 Nov 2020
- Receipt of RC card in said green envelope (no online updation) : ~30 Nov 2020

Hope this helps.
mvkunte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 12:55   #503
Senior - BHPian

I just got HP removal done for my car. Which app or website can I check HP status in? Vahan link doesnt show Financer details. And among other apps I checked in CarInfo app where it still shows financer name, but I dont know if these are updated in realtime. Searching for vahan app returns many results but none of them show Financer details. Can someone let me know where can we check financer's details online? App or some website?

Last edited by SoumenD : 18th December 2020 at 12:57.
Old 30th December 2020, 14:10   #504
BHPian

I just came back from Pune RTO having submitted my hypothecation removal form. I'm feeling a sense of accomplishment i hadn't felt in a while. Will let it soak in.

Here's what i did:
- I first got my loan closure/form 35 from my bank. In hindsight, i should have started the Parivahan application and used their form 35 instead. Theirs has the application nos and other details on form 35 itself. Note that this did not make any difference. I just appreciated the aesthetics of the Parivahan generated blank form 35
- I then logged into Parivahan >> Vehicle Related Services >> Other states >> Basic Services >> Termination of hypothecation and filled up the form.
- I chose to pay online.
- I did these steps after 2200hrs so I wasn't able to immediately choose an appointment. I picked it the next day.
- Appointment taken was valid from 1000-1415 according to appointment received. According to the board at RTO, they are open till 1400.
- I wanted to be there early between 10-1030 but made it there only around 1150. This did not seem to make much difference. Not sure if today being a weekday had something to do with it.
- I would suggest taking a bike there due to parking issues.
- Once you enter the gate, you can park your bike on the left. Agents will ask you if you want their services but were not very pushy.
- Then go to the building on the right which contains counters for all services.
- As soon as you enter, the main hall has counters for Licenses. You have to go to the "Khajgi" or private vehicle section. Go right and down a short corridor to a smaller room which has counters with vehicle nos like 1-3000, 3000-6000 etc. There was no bifurcation on basis of series like AA-AZ etc.
- I had only taken 1 copies of each document, this was an issue as we need 2 copies of the fee receipt. Here are the documents which you should staple together:
  • Online fee receipt - 1 (Attach a photograph and write you mobile no)
  • Original Bank RTO NOC letter (Keep insurance copy with yourself)
  • Original Form 35 with bank stamps - 2 (Both copies will be on same page)
  • Copy of valid insurance - 1
  • Copy of valid PUC - 1
  • Copy of valid ID - 1 (I provided Aadhaar)
  • Appointment slip generated - 1
- RC copy or license copy was not asked
- Guy at the counter checked all my documents then asked me to attach my photo and write my mobile number as i hadn't done it. It's a good idea to carry a pen, glue and stapler with you. Someone forgetful, like me, might need it. Help a brother out
- After that he asked for the original RC and stapled it along with the rest of my documents with a heavy duty stapler.
- He asked me if i was the vehicle owner. I nodded. Not sure what happens if you do this for someone else.
- He stamped the receipt of my documents on the 2nd copy of online fee receipt and gave it back to me as acknowledgement.

And that's one bureaucratic maze crossed successfully! Walk out with a beatific smile because everything's right with the universe!

P.S: There was a board with list of documents required for different vehicle services. Not sure if this is Pune RTO specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Which app or website can I check HP status in? Vahan link doesnt show Financer details.
You can try here: https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...atonHome.xhtml
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-rto-documents.jpg  

stewie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 15:54   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Thanks but I already tried there. Can’t see any option that displays HP status
Old 7th January 2021, 11:14   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Thanks but I already tried there. Can’t see any option that displays HP status
Ah. I cannot open up any vehicle detail pages now since everything's locked down till my hypothecation application is in process. Maybe you could try checking your RC in the mParivahan app? It shows my hypothecation details under the financier field.

In other news, my application shows it's already pending dispatch!
It was verified and approved on Jan 04th.
From application submission on 30th Dec to approval on Jan 04th, I'm happily shocked by the speed with which Pune RTO seems to be progressing.

P.S: Just updated the virtual RC on mParivahan and the Financier field now shows NA
stewie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 17:31   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmenon View Post
I recently went to Electronic City RTO(KA51) and presented my papers for the process. Just summarizing the same here for anyone who would be interested to save 1000Rs from agents.
Really helpful. I am planning to go next week to the same office.
How long did it take to get the RC by post?
Old 7th February 2021, 23:32   #508

I am planning to close my loan and get hypothecation remove from RV, but I have shifted to new rented house now .What is the process to get both address changed and hypothecation removed?
Old 12th February 2021, 17:12   #509
BHPian

Has anyone have experience on Hypothecation removal in Shollinganallur RTO, Chennai? Not sure whether this has already been asked, if yes, please guide me to the post. Thanks.
Old 17th February 2021, 20:46   #510
BHPian

I have finished my car loan and want to do the hypothecation removal. Mine is KA01 registered. I have obtained the NOC from the bank.

I would like to do this via some agents due to language and time constraints. I tried to contact https://www.drivekool.com/
Anyone have any experience with these guys ? They are charging Rs 1000 for the service and I am fine with that as long as I don't have to deal with RTOs.

I was contacted today by one of the support people in the concern and asked me to courier the RC card and Form 35 bank docs + Insurance + pollution cert. She mentioned that it will take 15 - 20 days.

Is it safe to give RC to third parties ?
What if the police catch while I don't have RC during the period ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks