Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2023, 23:05   #631
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Get an RC extract from the parivahan portal (Rs.10 and can be done online). It will be mentioned there. The newer RC cards make no mention of the HP.
I explored the parivahan portal, could not find the relevant option. Can you please guide me to the correct option.
Old 22nd May 2023, 11:34   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhokal View Post
I explored the parivahan portal, could not find the relevant option. Can you please guide me to the correct option.
https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/ >> ONLINE Services >> Vehicle Related Services >> State Name from the drop down >> RTO name form the drop Down >> RC Particulars >> Enter Vehicle Registration number and last 5 digits of the chassis number.

Ps - This information is available for my vehicles registered in KA03 RTO.
Old 22nd May 2023, 20:12   #633

This is my recent experience from Warangal, Telangana RTO.

Telangana RTO Website mentioned the following documents for this process.

ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-screenshot-20230522-7.58.14-pm.png

After standing half-an-hour in queue, when I reached the counter, the Agent asked to bring along Stamp-Paper.

I travelled from Hyderabad to Warangal (~200Km) on a sunny afternoon. I am too tiered to argue with the fellow. So, I went on to bring this stamp from a near by shop.

When I came back, I had to stand another 15 minutes in the queue to get to the counter. This time I asked the fellow about why he is asking for Stamp Paper requirement since it isn't mentioned in the website.

Apparently, the Dy.RTO put all officers under vigilance for some reason. Therefore, he is asking me this to ensure everything is up to the protocol.

I didn't understand the logic. Then again, I guess you all could imagine what kind of institutions we are dealing with there.

My point of all this story, if it is possible, carry a Stamp Paper with you outlining the End of Contract with your financier.

Its just ₹.50. It might save our time.

The only thing I was wondering while standing in the line, like the rest of the people, why in God's name this process isn't online and how come we still have to deal with these idiots.
Old 24th May 2023, 15:36   #634
BHPian

Hi All
I have a 2019 Indore registered (MP 09) Tiago and had taken a loan from Tata Motors Finance for the same. Since then, I have moved to Mumbai. Now, just this month I have closed my loan and awaiting NOC from the financer. My query is, since my vehicle is from outside Maharashtra what will be the process for Hypothecation removal for me. Can I do it through just online medium or a mix of online medium and RTO visit in Mumbai. Going to Indore RTO for just getting this done will be quite a task.

Hoping for some guidance on this. If anyone has faced similar situation and can share their experience that will be great. TIA
Old 13th June 2023, 13:48   #635

I visited the RTO KA3 (Indira Nagar/Kasturi Nagar) to remove hypothecation from my vehicle, and I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly the process was completed, taking less than 5 minutes (There wasn't any queue in the counters. 1:00 PM).

For the online procedure, I logged into vahan.parivahan.gov.in and applied for services related to RC changes (Apply for Services -> RC Related services -> Apply for change of address, Hypothetication). I uploaded Form 35, NOC, and RC copy, and made a fee payment of INR 462.

As for the offline method, no prior appointment was necessary. I gathered the following documents:
  • 2 original copies of Form 35
  • 1 original copy of NOC
  • Original RC in a zip locked bag (which can be obtained from shops outside the RTO)
  • 2 copies of the fee receipt (1 to submit, 1 for acknowledgment)
  • 1 copy of the PUC
  • 1 copy of the insurance
  • A self-addressed green envelope with stamps (optional but recommended)
  • 1 copy of an address proof (optional but recommended)
  • A paper file to organize all the documents (available at shops outside the RTO)
Upon arriving at the RTO, I went to counter 15 for document verification. After the verification process, I proceeded to counter 17 to submit the file and receive an acknowledgment stamp on the fee receipt copy.
mayank0107 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 14:05   #636
BHPian

A question - I closed my loan in TN in 2019 and got NOC letter from the bank immediately. But due to my laziness and subsequent pandemic situation, I didn't go to the RTO (after registering in Parivahan portal) to get my hypothecation removed.

Should I get a new NOC letter from the bank again now to resume the process or the letter from 2019 would be okay?
Old 13th June 2023, 17:12   #637

Hi,
I couldn't find a relevant thread for this query.
I need some guidance on the process to renew RC after expiry to a different state(originally registered in TN10 in 2005, want to register it in TS07)
We have a WagonR from 2005 in good condition which has clocked 154,000 km and we want to sell it but no buyer wants to go through the hassle of registering in a different state, so we decided to do it ourselves before selling it. Also, any idea of around how much it would cost? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Regards,
hoopsandbhp

MODS: Please move this post to a relevant thread if needed. Thanks!
Old 24th June 2023, 20:03   #638
BHPian

Is it possible to remove hypothecation AND apply for a NOC at the same time so that the car can be registered to a new owner in a different state? The situation involves sale of the car with the purchase amount paying off the loan outstanding.

Anybody done this in any of the Bangalore RTOs?
Old 3rd July 2023, 12:11   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Is it possible to remove hypothecation AND apply for a NOC at the same time so that the car can be registered to a new owner in a different state? The situation involves sale of the car with the purchase amount paying off the loan outstanding.

Anybody done this in any of the Bangalore RTOs?
Anybody who has first hand experience of this? Any pointers are sincerely appreciated!
Old 12th July 2023, 19:55   #640
BHPian

One of my relative purchased Maruti car on loan from Nexa dealer in 2022, however when they got the RC card there was no hypothecation written. The dealer has accepted their mistake. What are the legal consequences with RTO, Bank and insurance? And what immediate steps to be taken?
Old 15th July 2023, 19:02   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
I recently was able to successfully complete removal of hypothecation in Pune RTO.
So to summarize, I needed the following documents:
  • Originals: Bank RTO NOC letter, Form 35 with bank stamp - 2
  • Copies of online fee receipt, insurance, PUC, Aadhaar, Appointment slip, License (signature proof)
  • Second copy of online fee receipt was stamped and given as acknowledgement
Hello, thank you for this useful post. I also want to cancel hypothication on my car. I have completed the process online for Pune RTO - fees paid, documents uploaded.
However, I don't see how to get appointment slip. When I enter my application number to get the appointment, it says for this application there are no appointments applicable.

Any idea?
Old 16th July 2023, 10:46   #642
SJN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Hello, thank you for this useful post. I also want to cancel hypothication on my car. I have completed the process online for Pune RTO - fees paid, documents uploaded.
However, I don't see how to get appointment slip. When I enter my application number to get the appointment, it says for this application there are no appointments applicable.

Any idea?

I don't remember the exact details since its been more than a year. But I recall that I was able to select the appointment during working hours the next day. Also, I see that the website is updated and there was a pop-up that under Faceless Aadhar option, no visit to RTO is required for Hypothecation termination. I am not sure if its already implemented.
SJN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 10:06   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
I don't remember the exact details since its been more than a year. But I recall that I was able to select the appointment during working hours the next day. Also, I see that the website is updated and there was a pop-up that under Faceless Aadhar option, no visit to RTO is required for Hypothecation termination. I am not sure if its already implemented.
Ok, I tried again but same message. I am unable to book appoitment. While my application status shown as "ONLINE TRANSACTION SUCCESS ON 15-Jul-2023 18:16:31 BUT NOT INWARDED AT PUNE (MH-12)".
Not sure if I should visit the RTO directly without any online appoitment.
Old 18th July 2023, 12:36   #644
BHPian

Has anyone done Hypothecation removal via Aadhar faceless service in Kerala ? How much time it takes for the processing and issue of RC ?
Last week, I submitted the application via Vahan website and have uploaded the required documents. As per the site there is no need to visit the RTO.
Then I saw below news. Its an old article from 2022.

https://english.mathrubhumi.com/news...ries-1.7286984
Old 24th July 2023, 13:19   #645
BHPian

Today, I completed hypothication removal process at Pune RTO. It hardly took me 10 mins. Thank you for useful post @SJN.

They asked for below documents
  • Originals: Bank RTO NOC letter, Form 35 with vehicle number mentioned and bank stamp - two in nos, original RC
  • Two copies of online fee receipt, insurance, PUC, Aadhaar, PAN

Online appointment is not needed. Carry original Aadhar and PAN for signature verfication.

The disappoitment on Babu's face when you do it yourself is priceless!
StepUP! is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks